Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:49:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228009 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This tastes like pretzels - the Tommy Stinson interview
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This tastes like pretzels - the Tommy Stinson interview  (Read 30504 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2004, 08:10:13 PM »

Great job Jarmo, thanks! yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2004, 08:35:42 PM »

Jarmo, I really think you did a fantastic job of balancing on a thin wire while asking GNR related questions.  Very casual and not imposing in the least...Still managed to get a few noteworthy quotes out regarding the band...I'm sure he appreciated the respect you offered him..
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2004, 12:01:48 AM »

great job jarmo

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2004, 12:07:40 AM »

just one question.. how'd u come up w/ the title of the interview? "this tastes like pretzels"  hihi

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2004, 12:23:29 AM »

GREAT Interview  Jarmo, congrats!  ok
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2004, 12:29:25 AM »

He already replied about the interview's title in that topic (or another?). It's because they were eating that during the interview or something.

I already commented on the DNB mailing list, but awesome job Jarmo, as usual. Excellent interview, excellent read.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2004, 12:34:01 AM »

I got a little concerned when I read that he would be touring in Jnauary and February.? I know he said he had to check in with GNR before setting that tour up, but it seemed from the interview that he was planning on touring in January and February.? Is that accurate jarmo?

That worries me too. If we were truly on the cusp of the big release of Chinese Democracy and the subsequent world tour, why dear god, would tommy be planning on traveling with his solo band til march. Sounds very ominous. I think the talk of the imminent release of CD was more bullship lip motion.

As for buckethead promoting his solo work, I doubt very much his solo career has taken off since he joined. He did gain a few more fans, but he no contract with GnR's label, his albums are not selling much more than before he joined, and his venues are pretty much in line with what he did before. The theory that he used GnR just doesn't hold water; if he really wanted to promote himself, why not join a band that had some radio play that was looking for a guitarist. Why not join limp? or worse, is there a worse band than limp? I just don't see where the GnR camp is coming from with bucket. i think alot of it is spin put on a guy who got fed up with waiting and left.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 02:25:16 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2004, 02:07:10 AM »

As for buckethead promoting his solo tour, I doubt very much his solo career has taken off since he joined. He did gain a few more fans, but he no contract with GnR's label, his albums are not selling much more than before he joined, and his venues are pretty much in line with what he did before. The theory that he used GnR just doesn't hold water; if he really wanted to promote himself, why not join a band that had some radio play that was looking for a guitarist. Why not join limp? or worse, is there a worse band than limp? I just don't see where the GnR camp is coming from with bucket. i think alot of it is spin put on a guy who got fed up with waiting and left.

Buckethead gained LOTS of fans from all around the world. I know many people in Greece who would have never bought his albums if he hadn't joined GN'R.

Nobody knew him here. He's not THAT known...

GN'R doesn't get radio play? It might be the old songs but people still ask about the band and radio producers mention Buckethead a lot. MTV did a special thing about him. Isn't that exposure?

He showed up at the Oscars (not sure, please someone correct me if I'm wrong) and the cameras showed him because he's the guitar player of Guns N' Roses...

Not to mention the 2002 MTV VMA's... Like he had much chance of closing that show...  Roll Eyes

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2004, 02:20:06 AM »

As for buckethead promoting his solo tour, I doubt very much his solo career has taken off since he joined. He did gain a few more fans, but he no contract with GnR's label, his albums are not selling much more than before he joined, and his venues are pretty much in line with what he did before. The theory that he used GnR just doesn't hold water; if he really wanted to promote himself, why not join a band that had some radio play that was looking for a guitarist. Why not join limp? or worse, is there a worse band than limp? I just don't see where the GnR camp is coming from with bucket. i think alot of it is spin put on a guy who got fed up with waiting and left.

Buckethead gained LOTS of fans from all around the world. I know many people in Greece who would have never bought his albums if he hadn't joined GN'R.

Nobody knew him here. He's not THAT known...

GN'R doesn't get radio play? It might be the old songs but people still ask about the band and radio producers mention Buckethead a lot. MTV did a special thing about him. Isn't that exposure?

He showed up at the Oscars (not sure, please someone correct me if I'm wrong) and the cameras showed him because he's the guitar player of Guns N' Roses...

Not to mention the 2002 MTV VMA's... Like he had much chance of closing that show...? Roll Eyes

ummm, at least here in the US, the effect hasn't been too sensational; a small rise in album sales but his shows are about the same. In talking to bucket fans at the shows, they told me that things have settled down after the initial draw. As for my radio play comment, well Buckethead has never gotten much in the way of play, and Bucket in GnR have gotten zilch radio play. If he was looking for a band to showcase his skills in a very public way, GnR should not have been his first choice. His exposure has been limited; no where near enough to substantiate the allegations that he used Gnr to get something. His appearence at the Grammies was along with Bootsy and had nothing to do with his gnr connections.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2004, 02:47:42 AM »

His appearence at the Grammies was along with Bootsy and had nothing to do with his gnr connections.

It was the Grammies, thanks for that...

Still, the hostess introduced him as the guitar player for GN'R. Not someone who came with Bootsy...

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2004, 04:56:08 AM »

That was great.

I like this part where he talks about Duff and reaching a higher level of playing for Chinese Democracy.

HTGTH: If you consider all your songs you've worked on during your whole career. Is there any song you can say that "this is me", I'm most proud of this one.

Tommy: Other than my new record.... Other than that record, probably me at my best would've been The Replacements' "Tim" or probably the new GN'R record. I think, I feel like I've, what I've contributed to the GN'R record in particular, I think I went above and beyond what I thought I could do. I've really pulled stuff out of me that I didn't know was there as far as a bass player. I mean, I never tried to fill Duff's shoes necessarily, but I definitely wanted to rise to the level he was at. Cause I think he's a great bass player, so I wanted to try and bring it up, you know, and do some special things, and do some different things. I think I got that, I think I got a lot of that

Yeah, I really liked the way he talked about Duff, it seems like he (unlike many on this board)  gives the old line up (or at least some of them) credit. Respect to Tommy for that.   peace 

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2004, 05:07:45 AM »

Excellent interview Jarmo ! The questions made sense and both of you seemed really into it !!!!  ok

The force ... the force ...
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2004, 05:37:21 AM »

Thanks Jarmo! Great interview techniques, (so you were taken seriously! Wink ) nice to know he knew about the site as well!!

Remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2004, 05:51:23 AM »

excellent interview! thanks Jarmo  ok

Chinese Democracy!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2004, 07:13:03 AM »

Blabbermouth has picked up the interview.

www.roadrun.com/blabbermo...emID=27942

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2004, 08:31:30 AM »

doesn't work for me. Here's the direct link: http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=27942

Great interview endeed and blabbermouth is really lurking here at HTGTH board for looking info about GN'R!!! .....nice work Jarmo.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2004, 01:03:49 PM »

doesn't work for me. Here's the direct link: http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=27942

If only the blabbermouth fans were as appreciative!

By the way, does anyone know who 'T-Boner' is and whether he's a member of this board? I'm just intrigued!
Great interview endeed and blabbermouth is really lurking here at HTGTH board for looking info about GN'R!!! .....nice work Jarmo.

Here today...ready to rock
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2004, 03:07:45 PM »

If only the blabbermouth fans were as appreciative!

Ditto!  If only those kinky nosy parkers wouldn?t have gone and tried to mess around us. Angry
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 03:09:19 PM by ppbebe » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2004, 03:09:58 PM »

excellent job dude beer
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2004, 03:13:09 PM »

what a pointless article to put up in this forum.  umm, is there any news about the cd very few of you are actually waiting for?  he didnt say anything new our give any hope as to the album coming out soon.

you know what was really funny was that  a while back he said that the album is almost done and its going into the final periods of mixing.  now in this interview he has changed his words.  "I heard stuff before I left the States, some of the final mixes, or close to final mixes"  lol. 

i hope this whole cover band of axls just keeps diging itself a bigger and bigger whole everyday Wink

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: