Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:36:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Past tours (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  December 5th, NYC @ MSG
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 5th, NYC @ MSG  (Read 88026 times)
mike_msg
Opening Act

« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2002, 12:30:02 PM »

NEWSFLASH!!! MSG tix are available!!!!

Ticketmaster has some tix available.....I just checked...consecutive tix are available in sections 41....good view just elevated off the floor..

Looks like some ppl faulted on their purchases so the tix became available!!!

And I also did a mock order of 8 tix for section 327....it's behind the stage, ...looks like they opened up the sections behind the stage.

So for those of you who still need tix, you'd better hurry!!!!!!

see you all tomorrow night!

SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2002, 08:37:32 AM »

TODAY'S THE FUCKIN' DAY!!! [hihi] [hihi] [hihi]

If they hit the stage at 10:40 (seems to be the norm) then
our countdown begins...

...T MINUS 14hrs and counting  [ok]

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Rocket Queen69
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2002, 12:30:15 PM »

Today is the f*** day!!!!!  Grin
I am so excited. Do you guys think there will be any problem because of the snowstorm? [no] [nervous]
Do you know if they are in NYC already?

See you at the concert!!! HAVE A GREAT TIME  [wow]
mike_msg
Opening Act

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2002, 01:01:44 PM »

Do you guys think there will be any problem because of the snowstorm? [no] [nervous]

I just checked MSG's site.  The show will go on as scheduled.
Just go to  www.thegarden.com and click on "Today's Event's" under the blue schedule menu.   so far so good. [yes]

It's around 1:00pm here in NYC...just a few more hours to go!!!! [drooling]
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2002, 06:13:08 PM »

hope somethin special happens!!

What Goes around comes around!
Axl-Rat
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2002, 07:12:23 PM »

To everyone who is going, Have a kick ass time, be safe and return to us with lots and lots of great reviews.  

Have fun guys, i know you will.  [peace]
moons
Banned
Headliner

Charlie Don't Surf

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2002, 10:11:55 PM »

My brother just called me from the show. he didnt say anything - he didnt need to. Why? because Welcome to the jungle was playing in the background!

hence, it looks like gnr went on at 10:00 exactly, which is amazing. thats the earliest axl has gone on yet this tour, isnt it?
moons

Big Gulps, huh? Well...see ya later.
-Dumb and Dumber
thegame2000
Headliner

Charlie Brown is excited about GNR too.

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2002, 10:26:57 PM »

Axl probably figured that he needs as good a review as possible for this show.  Going onstage *on time* would be a good place to start.

Why do I have suddenly have the urge to read 1984?
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2002, 11:39:03 PM »

yeah...was kinda hoping theyd play a new song...but thats not lookin likely!! not surprised though!

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2002, 12:25:33 AM »

No new song tonight, The wait continues!
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2002, 12:51:39 AM »

oh bother!!

Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2002, 01:05:49 AM »

Thats a great quote, its my fave lyric

Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2002, 01:28:43 AM »

I just got back from the show at MSG and it was f**k**g unbelievable. Best concert I've ever been to by far. Blew the doors off the two other times I saw GN'R: '91 and '92. I can't get into too many details because I'm toast and I have a long day of work ahead in a few hours...BUT- I just wanted to pass on that in the simplest terms- this was a f**k**g outstanding night for Axl Rose and the band.

I could not believe the level of doubt and nervousness that permeated the crowd before hand. People joking about the VMA's, riots, screaming for  Slash  and  Duff- and all I can say is that by the end of the show Axl had the crowd 100% in the palm of his hands. It was a beautiful thing to behold a 40 going on 41 year  old turn back the clock and leave everyone in a skeptical crowd utterly convince that they had just spent two hours with the coolest mother f**k*r in the world.

Secondly- this new band is a caged animal...that was a near perfect show- and one is left with the sense that this band hardly broke a f**k**g sweat. Just wait....when Axl finally takes the leash off these guys and let's them play their own material....the world will be rocked.

This ain't GN'R propaganda. See these f**k*rs whenever and wherever you can. I would go watch the exact same show 10 nights in a row and be blown away by it....GO!!

MaoAxl gnrx

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2002, 01:40:39 AM »

I think they took alot of people by surprise by showing  going on right before ten. I didnt bother wjth CKY or MMM.....I was hanging outi in the Play by PLay BAr in the garden.........
I went to my seat bout 9:45......(I had a fight with My B/f) and he dissapeared ,,,,,,,anyway.....LOL
They burned through the first five tunes  WWTTJ ,TS SO EASY,MR BROWNTONE.........THen they did LALD.......I think the stage was diferrent from what I saw before ..............in fact I am 99% sure......Iam sure Nick will give more detail........THe band and AXL  didnt miss a beat.........FUCKIN  FLAWLESS!!!!!!.........  
My mind is a blur right now but after that I believe they did...............SCOM.................magnificent ........the sound I cant say this enough was phenominal!............
The KOHD......again I may be out of sinc.....
amazing .....there were no real rantss ......other than before they did you could be mine Axl was looking for conan obrien and brought out a box of krispy cream doughnuts (cus they are his fave )and through some out to the audience!
NOV rain .......those who saw know ......OH MY GOD..............
but I think if I rember right they did my michelle after ........they did the new songs in a different way......not one after the other......THE blues ...........holy fuck did that rock.............Let me say I spoke to about 80 people in penn station after the show from young to old that were at the show..................consensus is it was the best show they ever seen.........lets see what they write in the paper tomorrow..............I never really staid or ever sat in my saet I was walking around as close as I could get ........and fuck antone whosays the band doent move around I was trying  to keep my eye on everyone but they were all over...............he did say a rant before patience maybe Nick caught it all...i was telling some dude .......hhhaa you finallly got your ass properly kicked.!.
it was something along the lines of I had a friend who was my friend and now isnt my friend and I dont think he ever was my friend..............something like that............
No one at MSG missed  Slash  I can tell you that!!!!!or the others for that matter........
Out ta get me was flawlless.......Chinese Democracy was the first of the new tunes they did........I heard better........but amazing anyway.................madagascar..............fuckin ayyyyy................The Blues got the best reception in my opinion of the new songs..............He sings the fuck out of that............nighttrain was the last song before the encore......................then robin did his solo and PC ............AXl said see you again next summer!!!!!!!!
Anyway I have not felt like this since .............along time I still have sweat on my body...............
I need a shower aND AA REALL (FINALLY ) GOOD NIGHT SLEEP.........

jazjmegnrx
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 01:44:09 AM by Kiki » Logged

GNR4Life
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2002, 01:41:20 AM »

hey just got backrom the concert all i have to say is the best concert ever they rocked msg im not good at giving descriptive reviews ill leave that to others but all i must say is the 10 yr wait was totally worth it i was in section 133 had the best fucking time hooked up with some chick then was cockblocked but that was besidse the point but i hope anyone who was tehre had the same feelings as me and im sure they do
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2002, 01:46:44 AM »

OK, well the setlist was the same, the only surprise was that there was not a lot of chatter onstage from Axl, but he seemed to be in good spirits. I think the show was definitely a sellout, aside from the seats directly behind the stage the place was packed by the time GNR took the stage.

I was a little worried at first because only about 1/4 of the place was full when CKY came on, then maybe 1/2 or 1/3 full for Mix Master Mike, but once the lights came down and GNR took the stage the place was jam-packed and everyone was LOUD! My ears are still ringing a little...

CKY: Nothing special really, but they are pretty loud and aggressive, with a couple of good songs. The people that actually showed up were pretty responsive to them. They played about 5 songs, including a really funny Christmas/Thrash Metal song that got a good reaction.

Mix Master Mike: Well he is good for what he is I guess, I think he would be really cool to see performing in a club/disco environment, but not in an arena rock show. He played for about half an hour or so, mixing some Janes Addiction, Led Zeppelin, RATM, Disturbed, House of Pain and Beastie Boys songs. The only thing that really popped the crowd was when he played "Fight for your right to party"

Intermission/Flashing Session: Surprisingly most of the women in the crowd were pretty timid. I was expecting a lot of wild behavior from what everyone else was saying. A couple of girls kissed and flashed, while most of them hid their faces and/or kept minding their business. One girl in particular was WILD, they showed her about 4 times and she was very willing to show the goods,

I guess if I was a girl and I shelled out thousands for fake tits I would show them to anyone who would start hooting and hollering too. This didnt go on for very long though because Axl was ALMOST ON TIME! Yes thats right! He was maybe 10 minutes late...

GNR: The band went on stage about 9:45 or so, and they were fucking tight. Axl was on all night and didnt miss a note that I remember. The only "audio problem" he encountered was the fact that MSG was rocking and rolling singing along and almost drowning him out sometimes. Hey 20,000 people will do that to you.

Most of the local sports teams here were represented by Axl, aside from the Mets and Islanders. He started the show in a Rangers Mark Messier Home white jersey, then a blank rangers 3rd jersey, a home Derek Jeter Yankees jersey, a Latrell Sprewell Knicks jersey, A Curtis Martin Jets jersey, a Michael Strahan Giants jersey, and a home Rangers jersey with #1 "Rose" on it. Axl didnt talk too much, he dedicated Knocking on Heavens door to Sept. 11th, calling New York the strongest city in the world.

Cool stuff... He also made a remark he made before about critics calling the material "dated". The funniest moment though was when he brought out a box or Krispy Kreme donuts, and started talking about Conan O'Brien, I guess regarding him being called "Fatty McGoo" on his TV show. Then he handed donuts out to the crowd. Funny shit...

I wont bore you with the setlist since it was basically the same. Besides I dont really remember it exactly and Im sure someone else will tell it. The rest of the band was dressed as usual, no major changes that I remember. The band played great, Finck and Buckethead's solos were impressive. For everyone who has been bitching about Robin Finck's "sloppy playing" I would like to give you all a big FUCK YOU!

He was AWESOME on Sweet Child O Mine! Didnt blow a lick! The only complaint I have on him was his solo part in November Rain. Honestly Richard Fortus should play both parts of that song, he nails it down, but I guess they arranged it so each guitarist gets a part to play in it.

Merchandise: Same as the previous shows, although there was a GNR hockey jersey for 100 bucks I dont remember being mentioned, but it was pretty lame. Everything was a fucking ripoff, I ended up getting one shirt and some stickers and my brother got 2 shirts.

I wasnt gonna spend anymore since Im sure most of this shit will be on Merch.com for about half price next month. I really wanted the dragon long sleeve shirt but Im not shelling out 60 bucks for it. I think Zakk Wylde charged about half that on his website for a similar shirt that is cooler too.

All in all it was a great experience, much better than when I saw them in Vegas. A very professional performance, the pyro is awesome and the sound was great. Axl was on top of his game tonight, and this band is really coming together. People who bitch about this being a cover band are morons, this band puts there own stamp on these songs and makes them sound new.

And the new material is great, my only complaints are that I didnt get to hear a new new song, and I didnt hear Rhiad and the Bedouins. Oh My God would have been nice too, but oh well. If you are on the fence about going to one of these shows, GO!!

You will not be disappointed, the buzz from the crowd was great after the show, and Im sure most of the people who attended are not internet GNR fans. A lot of younger teenage fans too who really seemed into it. GNR is back, whether you like it or not, and they are worth checking out. I cant wait for the album, but this show helped tide me over!

DecemberBullets gnrx
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 01:50:10 AM by Kiki » Logged

Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2002, 02:03:18 AM »

Ok folks.  i won't bore you with the same review you always here.  I just want to clear a few things up:

1.  The band played every song perfectly, note for note.
2.  Axl's voice is the greatest it has ever been.  Powerful as a motherfucking nuclear explosion.
3.  Axl is NOT GOING BALD.  His hairline is exactly the way it has always been.
4.  This band will become the biggest band in the world shortly.
5.  The show was professionally filmed. There was one guy on each side of the stage.  they were in the air in these moving contraptions with video cameras.
6.  Axl is in amazing shape.  he ran all night, back and forth, and then some more.  He jumped like a maniac.  He sang like a maniac while running and jumping like a maniac.  This guy is insane.
7. Axl hasn't had plastic surgery.
8. The pyro in this show is fucking sick.  The light show, the confetti etc.  Everything was perfectly placed.
9.  If you didn't like this show, then you need to check your pulse because you are probably a corspe.
10.  Buckethead is about to become a household name.  he will be known as the Eddie Van Halen of this generation, maybe even more important.
11.  Richard Fortus is sick on guitar.  Excellent player.
12.  Brain is an amazing drummer.  This guy kills

I will think of more.  Feel free to ask me specific questions, although refrain from boring ones like setlists, merchandise etc.

Good old Conan O'Brian was in the house tonight.  it was funny.  Axl mentioned that Conan was on a diet and that he should take a break from it.  He had a box of crispy creme donuts and started giving them out.  he said it was "Axl's white trash catering" or something.  It was funny Grin

Nick gnrx
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 02:04:34 AM by Kiki » Logged

Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2002, 02:38:46 AM »

First and foremost, it was an amazing show.  Started just before 10 and ended moments before 12.  Axl kept looking at his watch so someone must have made a real stink about the time.

Standard selection of songs but even the new songs seemed pretty well received from where I was sitting.  I didn't notice a lot of people leaving as others have reported.

But, here's my question: What is so important backstage that Axl can't stay onstage for an entire song except November Rain?  What's he doing back there?  This wasn't the leaving often changing outfits or blowdrying his hair that we all remember from the 92/93 tour.  Any time he wasn't singing he ran backstage.  What is back there?  Is he back there snorting lines?  Getting blowjobs?  Wiping his face with a towel?  Having a drink?  What's up with that?

Is this something that has been going on all tour?  I've heard people complaining that he leaves a lot but I had no idea it was this bad; I figured it was just between songs like we were used to.  

Any thoughts?  Ideas?  Comments?

-Dori DNB-list

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2002, 03:56:27 AM »

from what i heard he was indeed there
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2002, 05:46:37 AM »

First thing, when i got to the soundcheck, which was complete BS and a waste of money i found out about an interesting scam ticketmaster/or whomever is in charge of tickets have...the SOLD OUT show still had seats in front row, and of course i got em.  

It seems that they wont sell god seats at presale or regular sale, so that fans can buy crap seats, and then on day of the show they release all the good seats...this way the show "sells out" i had a long convo about this with one of the guards there.  

But moving on, CKY...yup only good thing from them was the xmas song...they dont sound that band...it's just that that their singer(s) can't sing...but only scream

Mixmaster Mike was kinda cool...

GNR...Wow, amazing, the only song i though was not their best performance was YCBM...Axl seemed to be running out of breath on that one.  
Buckethead solo was unbelivable...like nothing i ever heard before in my life, i have never enjoyed a solo this much...this guy is amazing.  
From my front row seat i must say the most amazing person to watch was Robin Fink, his facial expressions were unreal..he was really into it, the short solo followed by SweeT Child Of Mine was something else.  
Axl: given that this was my very first GNR show i was a bit dissapointed, i mean the jerseys are cool, but i like to see him in his older attire, the hair...hmm...the face, well he def bleached his eyebrows, i have no idea why...well he looked exactly like he did at the VMA's...i did not expect him to look exactly like on TV...a little bit unreal for me, i felt like i was watching TV. He sounded great though, had lots of energy and looked like he was in a good mood.  
Anyone notice Twiggy from marilyn manson in the crowd?

All i all it was great, i expected to hear a new song, but oh well...maybe nest time

Going to Philly tomorrow

Dianachka gnrx

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: