Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 07:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227996 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot talks about GNR and other stuff
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot talks about GNR and other stuff  (Read 20032 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2004, 02:40:59 PM »

I think those songs were just used for the live performances..
I think you are wrong

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2004, 05:42:50 PM »

I think you are right, Voodoochild and younggunner.

Just to clear things up, Bumblefoot did not hear the studio version of The Blues. I asked him about it and he said a fan sent it to him. I then told him it was a soundboard. He later cleared it up in a thread in his forum...

shit, the MP3 I heard of that gnr song "the blues" was actually a live mp3 - thought it was a studio recording - the thing sounded DAMN good...
Great. This guy don't have a clue about know a live or studio recording. confused
Exactly.
Cheers for the info.
Now, that is, this Stood-up guy didn?t even look into the band he?s supposed to have considered joining for bloody 2months. He has heard only "the Blues" out of new songs and it was sent to him by someone, after all. On the contrary he seems to know of music from a certain new band so well as to.......
I don?t know that it?s common or garden. coffee
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2004, 09:41:07 AM »

There's no studio version of the blues Tongue

There is a studio version and it will be included in Chinese Democracy.

discobiscuit1
Rocker

hitler bad , axl erm jury still out

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2004, 09:55:56 AM »

can I ask how do you know it will be included for a fact??? and for that matter how do you know the recording of it is finalised??

' do not make an unatural connection with the beasts of the field'     sage advice from the bible kiddies
Sterlingdog
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »

Cheers for the info.
Now, that is, this Stood-up guy didn?t even look into the band he?s supposed to have considered joining for bloody 2months. He has heard only "the Blues" out of new songs and it was sent to him by someone, after all. On the contrary he seems to know of music from a certain new band so well as to.......
I don?t know that it?s common or garden. coffee

Well if the only song he heard was sent to him by a fan, and not GNR, then I think that should give us a pretty clear picture of how "close" he actually was to joining the band.  Is it just me, or did anyone else think he definitely meant to imply in that original interview that he had gotten the studio version of the Blues from GNR?  Perhaps I'm overly cynical, but it seems that he conveniently left out the fact that he got it from a fan.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2004, 10:07:28 AM »

can I ask how do you know it will be included for a fact??? and for that matter how do you know the recording of it is finalised??

Because it was the only question I cared to ask Tommy Stinson about Chinese Democracy.

I didn't care about release dates, tracklistings, tours, credits or anything else.

Just if THE BLUES would be included in CD. And he answered that it would be on the album.

Besides it's not a big secret...

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2004, 02:02:42 PM »

Is it just me, or did anyone else think he definitely meant to imply in that original interview that he had gotten the studio version of the Blues from GNR?? Perhaps I'm overly cynical, but it seems that he conveniently left out the fact that he got it from a fan.
Cheesy I?m not certain about that but seeing many posts on the 1st page and 2nd of this thread, that bit, like many other bits from his talks, definitely tricks people so. We may as well wear glasses and see what?s under a cloak of his mild manner. There are loads of illogical lines we can point out in his story. I don?t bother making an issue of everything though.

In conclusion, the Management/GN'R was not the unprofessional one on this matter.? headbanger
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2004, 02:44:22 PM »

Because it was the only question I cared to ask Tommy Stinson about Chinese Democracy.

I didn't care about release dates, tracklistings, tours, credits or anything else.

Just if THE BLUES would be included in CD. And he answered that it would be on the album.

Besides it's not a big secret...

So thanks for sharing  ok
Olorin
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2006, 10:57:09 AM »

BUMP!!!

Well then....

Sounds like it wasnt a smooth introduction to the wonderful world of GN'R.

Bumblefoot talking in 2004!

http://br.geocities.com/nightrainfg/nightrain/entrevistas/005.htm
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:58:54 AM by Olorin » Logged
shaun
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2006, 11:14:08 AM »

That was a good read, although I don't like reading parts about coming in and still laying down some solos for the CD. You'd think we'd be past that point already if the thing is supposedly ready to go. Also, his comment about making positive comments about Slash and VR hurting his chances of making the band sound about par for the course. That shows that they (GNR and management) are obviously watching what is going on with that band.

I am bummed Bumblefoot didn't make the band. Looking at his interviews he seems like a real stand up guy and is totally open with his fans, which would be much appreciated among the GNR fan base. He certainly would have been appreciated.

laying down some parts - that could be good. It could spell, Bucketheads input into CD will remain in tact  ok
Dragoon77
Opening Act

Here Yesterday...

« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2006, 11:18:41 AM »

Am i the only one who thinks he looks like Gilby?
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2006, 11:40:04 AM »

Am i the only one who thinks he looks like Gilby?

No!

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2006, 11:44:13 AM »

yeah  bumping threads is cool Roll Eyes

i just tried to open that link on the first page for about 5 minutes hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Olorin
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2006, 01:16:20 PM »

Well if I had started another thread with that story the HTGTH SS would be kicking down the door.
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2006, 01:55:12 PM »

I always wanted to hear the sound slash brought out while working with zakk...

yeah,me too.. I have always been interested in that part of the pressrelease..

just read the interview with BF from 2004, and he sounds like a nice guy Smiley
And he does look a little bit like Gilby to me Smiley

shit happens when you party naked
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2006, 02:18:32 PM »

this guy will go FAR. what a cool and down to eart guy Cool
glad he was chosen.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2006, 02:47:34 PM »

I hope they treated him well(he joined, so apparently they did) in re-entering negotiations with him...From that 2004 interview, it sounds like he felt disrespected by the backlash after that initial post..They must have apologied and increased the offer for him to change his mind after deciding it wasn't for him.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2006, 02:58:00 PM »

I can't access the article...advice?
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2006, 03:21:55 PM »

WHAT THE FUCK?!!!! IF THIS DUDE IS TELLING THE TRUTH (AND I THINK HE IS) CD IS STILL NOT FUCKING FINISHED!!!!! FUCK ME!!!!!? I'LL FUCKING DO THE FUCKING SOLOS MY DAMN SELF IF THAT'S WHAT IT WILL TAKE TO FINISH THIS GODFORSAKEN PIECE OF SHIT!!!! HOW CAN THEY STILL NOT BE DONE WITH THIS FUCKER!!!!!? BUCKETFUCK DIDN'T FINISH ALL HIS SHIT BEFORE HE LEFT? FUCK!!!

you are one ignorant person you know that ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
axlirs
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2006, 03:24:23 PM »

WHAT THE FUCK?!!!! IF THIS DUDE IS TELLING THE TRUTH (AND I THINK HE IS) CD IS STILL NOT FUCKING FINISHED!!!!! FUCK ME!!!!!? I'LL FUCKING DO THE FUCKING SOLOS MY DAMN SELF IF THAT'S WHAT IT WILL TAKE TO FINISH THIS GODFORSAKEN PIECE OF SHIT!!!! HOW CAN THEY STILL NOT BE DONE WITH THIS FUCKER!!!!!? BUCKETFUCK DIDN'T FINISH ALL HIS SHIT BEFORE HE LEFT? FUCK!!!

you are one ignorant person you know that ?

i found the post you quoted stupid, but funny rofl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: