Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:28:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  (Inside) Out: The Rise of Velvet Revolver Premiere on December 1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Inside) Out: The Rise of Velvet Revolver Premiere on December 1  (Read 37646 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2004, 12:06:43 AM »

That show was really well done and made them look very good as a band. I think people who take the time to really watch it will come away impressed with how far they have come as a band. I really think their follow up album will be outstanding seeing how they have come together the way they have.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2004, 12:07:43 AM »

i rolled in the floor when scott no showed the rehearsal and slash looked at the camera and said "singers"
lol me too!

It was a pretty cool show for those that missed it. The beginning was especially cool about their quest to find a singer. I kinda felt bad for them because it things werent going anywhere for them in terms of getting a singer and it began to wear on the band. I think the hsow captured that and it was cool. Without a doubt Scott is the best they coul dhave gotten, outside of Axl...he has a cool energy and presence. I just wish he picks up his lyric game on the next album.

I kept picturing Axl walking into the room as a surprise and just pop up and start singing with them. Soemthing liek that would need to get on tape....anyways

cool show

I can't lie dude I love contraband like few albums I do.. Hopefully now that scott is clean and living ?abetter life he will be able to step up his game.. I can honeslty say if they duplicated this albuim I would be happy..

Seeing the show I can see they have some riffs already written, so its' still fairly new and who knows when another album will surface, hopefully cd will be keeping me busy until the next one and I'll be able to see both touring..

Night anthony..
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2004, 12:08:58 AM »

Shocked at that last scene with Scott saying "To conquer the fucking world" and getting up and leaving. ?That was wonderful. ?Grin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2004, 12:15:44 AM »

did anyone notice the beginning when they were performing "Big Machine" how VH1 didnt edit out "faggot boy" or the phrase "drug shit"

i was hopin they would show the Josh Todd,Sebastian Bach auditions but id say they made VR take those out of the video, probably didnt consent.

Duff is a bad motherfucker, did u see him doin his martial arts!!!!!!!!!! Holy Shit!!!!!

u are right Mike, i took Contraband with me last night to work out 2 and that cd is perfect for every single occassion and really is classic, ill definitely be listening to it in 10 years.

i didnt think i could like Duff and Slash anymore than i already do but watchin that made me like them even more.

u can kind of see how GNR fell apart, Slash is just too nice, wonder if Duff ever talked to Axl like he did Matt?

that was great when he verbally bitch smacked Matt, i was crackin up!

i wonder if they made any Axl references but were edited out?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2004, 12:20:48 AM »

Having seen Matt and Duff get into it, I can now only imagine how the Matt/Axl argument went when he fired him.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2004, 12:22:06 AM »

Watching this, its apparent that Duff is just an incredibly positive individual. ?Actually, that goes for the other members except for Scott and Matt, who seem to shoulder most of the bands attitude. ?But Duff, Slash and Dave came off as extremely pleasent people.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2004, 12:25:30 AM »

Duff is liek the business man type guy. You can tell hes been through it all and knows how to handle things.

Sorum came off as a lil whiny bitch. I see his point in regards to wanting to get on with the show but Duff wnated to do it right and in a professional way. Matt was very baby liek throughout the early part of the show. The shit he says like hes some sort if drumming god. News to Matt Slassh and Duff are the reason you are who you are and the reason why your there...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2004, 12:29:26 AM »

The more I see of Scott the more Axl I see in him. It is almost scary the parallels between the two personality wise. They both seem to hate the world and everyone in it, and being on time doesn't seem to be a priority to other. Add that with their distance from alot of band interaction and it is little wonder how they went from Axl to Scott. They seem to be in a pattern of dealing with all of the extra-cirricular crap as a means of getting to the talent. Duff/Slash and Dave certainly came out of that looking like Angels for dealing with Scott and Matt on a daily basis. I have always liked Duff, but today solidified in my mind that he is one cool ass guy. He has over-come alot and really made something of himself.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2004, 12:47:51 AM »

What an outstanding presentation of this band.? They are awesome.? They all seem like really cool guys to hang out with, especially Duff, Dave and Slash.? Younggunner, I kind of agree with you about Scott and Axl.? Scary Similar.? They have got major potential.? I wish we could have seen Izzy and the others, but the point I guess was about Velvet Revolver and they are not.? Awesome show and can't wait for the next album.? The clips from London and Latrobe are bad ass!
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2004, 12:50:13 AM »

The thing I will always remember about that special if I never see it again is how fucking excited Slash looked after the el ray show. It was just really fucking cool to me, looked like a teenager after his bands first show. I was hoping for a pop up visit from Izzy but oh well. It was a cool special. Except for Matt. I have never been one of the Matt bashers on this board but he was a whiney mutherfucker.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2004, 12:52:04 AM »

after watchin that i am 1000 percent sure that Duff was misquoted in that interview and didnt bad mouth axl about the songwriting. what a cool guy he and slash are

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2004, 12:52:32 AM »

i rolled in the floor when scott no showed the rehearsal and slash looked at the camera and said "singers"
lol me too!

It was a pretty cool show for those that missed it. The beginning was especially cool about their quest to find a singer. I kinda felt bad for them because it things werent going anywhere for them in terms of getting a singer and it began to wear on the band. I think the hsow captured that and it was cool. Without a doubt Scott is the best they coul dhave gotten, outside of Axl...he has a cool energy and presence. I just wish he picks up his lyric game on the next album.

I kept picturing Axl walking into the room as a surprise and just pop up and start singing with them. Soemthing liek that would need to get on tape....anyways

cool show

that would've been classic. if Axl was one of the guys who showed up for an audition rofl

this thing came out great! it really added a new dimension to being a fan. It was nice seeing something other than the usual 5min interview repeating the same things over and over. You really get a sense of how important this band is to Scott Weiland's ultimate survival because when they showed him meeting with the band for the first time he was a complete mess.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2004, 12:54:40 AM »

if i new i oculd have sent them a tape i would have sent them some of the new gnr songs. That would have been funny.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2004, 12:58:10 AM »

That was just 2 years of tape.....how cool would a similar documentary be on the creation of a New GNR through all this time? Too bad our red-headed leader doesn't believe in this kind of thing as I think shows like this a really good for a fan base as they show a different dimension of a band we ordinarily would not see. It really humanizes the guys, something like this would do wonders for Axl in terms of rationalizing this monstrosity and all the problems he has had getting it off the ground.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2004, 01:01:17 AM »

Although it would be cool to get some kind of behind the scens of gnr you have to realize that the vr thing came about becuase they were in search of a frontman so it was more for that. If they had gotten a frontman when they first started we wouldnt have had this special.

But when Cd comes out and when the band hits the road and does all the mags etc we will get more up close with them. Im sure the studio pics will surface,stories etc. But all that wont happen until the album comes out.

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2004, 01:01:32 AM »

exactly now you understand what they mean when they say Scott really was sent to them by God.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2004, 01:14:29 AM »

I don't normally play up the dramatic angle in most cases, but....

the most interesting/important thing I got from the show was that the formation (interesting) &
subsequent staying together (important) probably saved a man's life (for now).

No matter how you feel about t VR/Weiland in general, music (and pop culture) is a more interesting place with him in it.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
velvet viper
Opening Act

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2004, 03:48:56 AM »

God *!@ :rant:damn Hearing you guys, it seems like we missed something!!!
Hope I can catch the show pretty soon.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2004, 04:26:15 AM »

God *!@ :rant:damn Hearing you guys, it seems like we missed something!!!
Hope I can catch the show pretty soon.

those who missed it make sure you check listings and catch it

it wasnt lame like GNR's behind the music, this was the real fuckin deal

great fuckin footage

it shows them goin through tapes and commenting on people who try to join.

that dude from london they brought in was shit, im glad they didnt use him.

coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2004, 05:27:24 AM »

Does anyone have a chance to tape it and sell it to me? I don't have VH1, and I don't have any friends that I know so well that I can sit and watch my band for an hour or so..you know what I mean?   crying

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: