Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 05:00:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228048 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy will be bigger than Appetite and lead to a music revolution
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy will be bigger than Appetite and lead to a music revolution  (Read 37152 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #160 on: December 09, 2005, 07:32:44 PM »

There will be no musical revolution, but I hope it will be huge. Something as huge as ""The Eminem Show" in the 2000's. between 15 and 20 million copies. Rock music really needs something huge now.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
RichardNixon
« Reply #161 on: December 09, 2005, 07:48:56 PM »

OK, I'm a huge, huge gunner, and I want to see the new album be a smash and all...but to compare it to "Sgt. Pepper" or say it will revolutionize music? How 'bout we at least get a release date first.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2005, 07:59:32 PM »

However I can see a revolutionary change happening at least to the GNR fans.
Maybe it is very slowly under way now already.

like the above mentioned movements it changes your sense of values unexpectedly.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2005, 08:44:32 PM »

It will not be bigger than AFD. But it could spark a new rock movement, but thats if its even a rock album. ok

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2005, 08:51:05 PM »

Bollocks. The sales of Nevermind bollocks wasn't that huge.

It led to a revolutionary change of scene.
but this or that caused by nirvana's nevermind shouldn't be called "musical" revolution as they were not really musically new.

Each movement wasn't done by a band singlehandedly.

Hate to break it to you but the Sex Pistols' music wasn't new either - go check out The Stooges
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2005, 08:54:37 PM »

Bollocks. The sales of Nevermind bollocks wasn't that huge.

It led to a revolutionary change of scene.
but this or that caused by nirvana's nevermind shouldn't be called "musical" revolution as they were not really musically new.

Each movement wasn't done by a band singlehandedly.

Hate to break it to you but the Sex Pistols' music wasn't new either - go check out The Stooges

I meant both this and that, ie Sex Pistols n nirvana by "THEY". Angry
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2006, 03:15:22 PM »

After the European tour, the US tour soon to follow and the leaks, I thought it time to ask this question again (hard to believe it's been almost 2 years since my first post).  So, what do you guys think now?
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2006, 03:31:25 PM »

I think to even consider the possibility that CD will overshadow AFD is one of the funniest things ever discussed on here.

Mumbling talentless rappers and emo scum are all the rage now not 80s rockers with hip hop tinged piano ballads. There'll be no musical revolution whatsover.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2006, 04:04:17 PM »

No revolution not bigger than Appetite, just a amanzing album good enought to be the best piace of music in years, one of the best albums out there.? beer

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Steel_Angel
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2006, 04:29:46 PM »

Bigger than appetite it will be.
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2006, 04:31:34 PM »

I could really care less, as long as I like it.

If you're looking for another response, I'd say, no. It may sell well, but it will not be critically well-received, no matter how good it is. The press is very cynical about Axl. I strongly doubt that it will sell 13 million copies. Even if it's insanely popular, it's very difficult to sell that many copies of anything these days.

A musical revolution is not possible in the industry these days - not from a major label, anyway.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2006, 05:05:48 PM »

I didn't read other than the topic, but no.  Roll Eyes Tongue

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2006, 06:18:51 PM »

After the European tour, the US tour soon to follow and the leaks, I thought it time to ask this question again (hard to believe it's been almost 2 years since my first post).? So, what do you guys think now?

Now, after the leaks and having heard the new songs Live, I still think it will be big, but not as big as AFD or The Use Your Illusion albums. None of the new songs are as great as Jungle, or November rain, or Paradise, or You could be mine etc... the best of the old band is still the best material of GN'R of all time.
I think Chinese Democracy could sell 10 million copies worldwide. No more.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 06:21:49 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2006, 06:23:08 PM »

I am not going to put the wagon before the horse. Wink

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2006, 06:29:55 PM »

It'll be a revolutution to us on the GnR fan boards. We'll finally be able to argue about the music. Does it compare to the old band? Is it better then Appetite? Was building the chicken coop worth it for these solos?
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2006, 07:15:11 PM »

Revolution? To me, Guns N' Roses never started anything beyond what they did between the five of them. No one could touch GN'R back in the day. No one could sound like them. Axl's voice was one of a kind. It was an unattainable sound. They existed as an original, without having to suffer the risk of being emulated. And I think that's a good thing. GN'R will never be associated with any type of commercially created movement or trends. Musical revolutions, so to speak, have never proved consistent or real. They are usually a few good rock bands who never wanted or intended to be part of a so called revolution, but were lumped into a category with a bunch of copycat bands who are trying to sound like them (Grunge, being a prime example). The media creates trends, not musicians.
And I hope that Chinese Democracy will be as unattainable and as impossible to duplicate as Appetite.
We need more bands who stand on their own, instead of belonging to a category with a vast number of bands all looking and sounding the same. A true revolution, per definition, would be to break up the trends and fashions we now experience in the media and are told is rock n' roll, and inspire individualism. I think that's why GN'R is my all time favorite band, because it's one of the few rock n' roll bands that cannot be imitated.
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2006, 08:29:09 PM »

as much as we would  all love cd to be as good as appetite the evidence is not there so far - yes i love better and c.i.t.r but cmon people they simply dont match up to sweet child ,welcome, paradise city, its so easy etc. Appetite for destruction came from a band in harmony with the hunger and desire of  people with nothing to lose, not yet touched by success and at their creative peak - the fact they were so good back then make us think and hope we'll get more of the same and the delay of the release heightens that feeling more, almost like a unattainable holy grail .
i only hope gunslinger doesnt need to bring this thread up again in another two years as we'll know the answer by then
Steel_Angel
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2006, 08:36:36 PM »

as much as we would? all love cd to be as good as appetite the evidence is not there so far - yes i love better and c.i.t.r but cmon people they simply dont match up to sweet child ,welcome, paradise city, its so easy etc.
no shit, the new songs are demos (not finished tracks).  Roll Eyes
Wolfpac
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: August 18, 2006, 12:07:17 AM »

'Chinese Democracy will be bigger than Appetite and lead to a music revolution'

- Dude, that was HILARIOUS! Thanks for brightening up my day! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #179 on: August 18, 2006, 03:31:22 AM »

Revolution? To me, Guns N' Roses never started anything beyond what they did between the five of them. No one could touch GN'R back in the day. No one could sound like them. Axl's voice was one of a kind. It was an unattainable sound. They existed as an original, without having to suffer the risk of being emulated. And I think that's a good thing. GN'R will never be associated with any type of commercially created movement or trends. Musical revolutions, so to speak, have never proved consistent or real. They are usually a few good rock bands who never wanted or intended to be part of a so called revolution, but were lumped into a category with a bunch of copycat bands who are trying to sound like them (Grunge, being a prime example). The media creates trends, not musicians.
And I hope that Chinese Democracy will be as unattainable and as impossible to duplicate as Appetite.
We need more bands who stand on their own, instead of belonging to a category with a vast number of bands all looking and sounding the same. A true revolution, per definition, would be to break up the trends and fashions we now experience in the media and are told is rock n' roll, and inspire individualism. I think that's why GN'R is my all time favorite band, because it's one of the few rock n' roll bands that cannot be imitated.

couldn't have said it better!  ok

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: