Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:02:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Past tours (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Toronto - Nov 29th
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toronto - Nov 29th  (Read 158607 times)
dragan0T3
Rocker

So Axl, when are we getting a new album- 2023?! ;)

« Reply #180 on: December 03, 2002, 11:01:22 PM »

You guys are nuts...  [no]

You can say that you didn't like the performance or the new guys, but to even suggest that vocals were prerecorded is dumb (if you need more arguments about this go back and read what kyrie wrote) - the only time a recorded part was played was when Buckethead finished his solo and started giving out toys.  I really don't know why you guys are so surprised with what Buckethead does live - I knew what to expect and I knew that it was different than the old GN'R.  I'm glad that the new guys have different personalities from the original band and are not just carbon-copies.

I'm sure that Finck 'screws up' his solos on purpose because he enjoys playing them that way - kinda like NIN music, it's not exactly the most straight melodic thing you can find.  Buckethead makes this new band interesting to those who have not been GN'R fans a long time.  He is different and entertaining and can play anything Slash could.  Fortus plays great in my opinion and he did not screw up the November Rain solo (just because it doesn't sound exactly like on the cd does not mean it's wrong - listen to Slash's solos, most of them are different from the studio versions).

BTW MichaelMcKaganDuff guy - we get that you don't like the new band and that you want a reunion - if you don't like the new GN'R feel free to visit the "Project" section of this website.

Now that I've heard this new band live, all the criticisms are pointless to me - the new band rocks!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2002, 11:03:57 PM by dragan0T3 » Logged

Metal is better than ever - try Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Dragonforce, Children of Bodom, Kamelot, Symphony X, Stratovarius, Heavenly, Dream Theater, Dimmu Borgir etc.
P.S. You Finns f'n rock! _|m|
muffinass
Headliner

I'm a muffin!

« Reply #181 on: December 03, 2002, 11:16:19 PM »

talent-wise, they're equal (i was amazed to hear buckethed play the solos identically as slash would).
it's just that gnr carries an image, and to me it seemed too kitschy (i heard about the stuff buckethead does during his solos, just didn't sit well with me).  but then again it's just me.
  i mean, i realise there won't be no reunion, but it would be nice to at least have a somewhat similar band.  either way, i don't quite know what i'm trying to say here, cause i enjoyed it regardless.  Just hope slash will finalize this group he's workin on.
  and it might be in the wrong section of the msg board, but what did u ppl think of ain't life grand??  I loved it, and thought it to be the next gnr album.
  muffinass

Nov.15th, Air Canada Center !!!
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #182 on: December 04, 2002, 11:49:43 AM »

I'll tell you exactly which part of the concert was recorded:

The montage over the solo in Madagascar. Unfortunately, Martin Luther King Jr. has been dead for several years and was unavailable to sing with the band.

Axl's "What we've got here is a failure to communicate" is also pre-recorded during that montage for whatever reason. I'm surprised they didn't use the clip of that from Cool Hand Luke instead.

Other than that, Robin, Tommy, and Chris Pittman all sing backup at times.
john
« Reply #183 on: December 04, 2002, 02:13:15 PM »

You guys say this as if you know exactly what your talking about when it is not possible that you do unless of course you were talking to Axl which you were not. Everything said here was just opinions and then you try to tell the "facts" when really you know just as much as i do.
john
« Reply #184 on: December 04, 2002, 02:18:36 PM »

Anybody see the article in the paper about the guns n roses show?
It was in Sundays paper (not  sure which one) i think in the entertainment section. It was a guy saying about how the new band sucked. I think the heading was "A Sad Bucket of Memories".
Anyway he seemed to dislike the band a lot.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2002, 04:01:15 PM »

It was in Sundays paper (not  sure which one) i think in the entertainment section. It was a guy saying about how the new band sucked. I think the heading was "A Sad Bucket of Memories".

"A Sad Bucket of Nostalgia" from the Toronto Star... I posted a link to it in the GNN section.

Did anyone else catch MuchNews for the past 2 days?? Yesterday they had a report on the riot, an interview with Dizzy and Tommy (by George Stromsgasdiohoalous), and a bunch of footage from the Toronto show.  Great to have Axl in a leaf jersey on tape. Also, they had an interview with Mix Master Mike today, and they showed a bit more T.O. footage of the Guns, and MMM talks about how he got on the tour.

unless of course you were talking to Axl which you were not.
Nope, I wasn't.  Apparently tho, someone that works with my mother went to the Guns show and managed to sneak backstage and speak to Axl for 30 minutes!! I'm still waiting to find out what they talked about... who knows, maybe it came up. <---- This isn't bullshit either.  [hihi]
john
« Reply #186 on: December 04, 2002, 04:35:56 PM »

Booo i was actually watching muchmusic to try and see some footage. It best be on again.
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #187 on: December 04, 2002, 05:14:45 PM »

The kid who writes for the Star is Ben Rayner. He's barely out of his teens and won't give a good review to any big rock act. The Globe & Mail gave the show a great review. So did the Toronto Sun, CTV News, & Much Music (George was at the show on the floor, he gave Buckethead props on Much News the other day). Aside from Rayner, the National Post gave it a lukewarm at best review and Chart Attack spent most of their "review" calling Axl bald and fat. For those who don't know, Chart Attack is a living joke of a Canadian music rag who care mainly about pop-punk bands (Sum 41 are gods over there).

So four good reviews from the press, one poor and two awful. Rayner can say what he wants, I expected exactly what he wrote. Chart Attack is just sad though. That's not journalism. Before the tour even started they said it wasn't worth seeing, taunted Axl, etc. That's what qualifies as "journalism" over there.

As for talking like I know something, I've been to a lot of live shows. You can always tell when part of a song is pre-recorded. Even on television - look at any hip-hop artist. Most sing half (if that) of the actual song.

And besides which, being to two shows and hearing the complete bootlegs of five others off this tour - there's no one song where the background vocals are identical. There's always someone a little off, a little muffled, a word altered a little... no way is a band going to record a different set of crap for each show.

Remember Milli Vanilli? They used the same tape over and over again... that's why they were so shocked when it skipped <G>.

And speaking of which... someone said they heard a "tape noise" - I doubt anyone would be using a tape these days. More likely something with no moving parts, i.e. minidisc.
john
« Reply #188 on: December 04, 2002, 06:13:41 PM »

You cant even really call that thing by Ben Rayner a review. It just said about "how much of a joke the new band was". It barely mentioned the Toronto show in general. How do these people get into writing these things in the paper anyway? I could easily write my opinions down and get paid for it.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #189 on: December 04, 2002, 06:20:46 PM »

Kyrie don't even bother, there both full of shit [rant]

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
dragan0T3
Rocker

« Reply #190 on: December 04, 2002, 07:31:38 PM »

Some bootlegs from the Toronto, ON - Nov. 29th show
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listen n' judge for yourself - I was there and told as many people as I could about how great it was and how the crowd was into it. Here's proof...

Taken from gnrx.com, who took it from gnrworld.com

http://www.gnrworld.com/mp3s/Toronto%202002/The%20Blues.mp3

http://www.gnrworld.com/mp3s/Toronto%202002/Knockin%27%20On%20Heaven%27s%20Door.mp3  

http://www.gnrworld.com/mp3s/Toronto%202002/Nightrain.mp3

http://www.gnrworld.com/mp3s/Toronto%202002/Madagascar.mp3

I wanna go to that show again!!!

P.S.  Listen to that rant after the Blues
« Last Edit: December 04, 2002, 11:09:00 PM by dragan0T3 » Logged

Metal is better than ever - try Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Dragonforce, Children of Bodom, Kamelot, Symphony X, Stratovarius, Heavenly, Dream Theater, Dimmu Borgir etc.
john
« Reply #191 on: December 04, 2002, 07:45:24 PM »

Oh man
thats awesome
can you get the rest of the show anywhere?
dragan0T3
Rocker

« Reply #192 on: December 04, 2002, 07:51:05 PM »

The guy at gnrworld.com put it up so I don't know - I just wanted people who were there to hear themselves!  [hihi]

mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #193 on: December 04, 2002, 08:06:46 PM »

Fink fucked up the second NR solo... I wasn't impressed with his performance 1 bit.

To everyone who says Finck, Fortus or Buckethead fucked up this or that... pay more attention. They don't play the solos note for note. In case you haven't noticed, the solos are played differently each time, it's called improvising. Finck goes off note on purposes most times. Listen to every show where Finck plays the solo for The Blues, he likes to play off key notes. I attended the T.O. show, everyone of the guitarists are fucking unbelievable.
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #194 on: December 04, 2002, 08:17:12 PM »

BTW, i responded to the Ben Rayner article, he e-mailed me back.

"i didn't say it was bad, just that it was rather pointless for the man to put together an entirely new band to perform mostly 15-year-old songs. i'm was a big GNR fan in their day, but that was not guns 'n' roses up there. that was an axl rose tribute to guns 'n' roses.

i can't stand anything U2 did after "zooropa," either.

thanks for reading.

bmr "

and then he sent another e-mail:

"... and five minutes of those new songs really was too much to bear.

Wink
bmr "

What a fuckin' prick. I told him this tour was to play the old songs for long time fans, just like Axl said at the concert. Apparently he doesn't remember.
michael mackagan
Got Prostitute?
VIP

« Reply #195 on: December 04, 2002, 10:05:55 PM »

for those people who don't stop repeating themselves,
 "I was there, I was there,I was there,bla,bla,bla:

I WAS THERE,when I mean I was there,I was right at
the stage,FL-row 4,and on some occasions I stepped foward
right into row 1. I had a black ozzy t-shirt on and black hair.
just in front of me there was this giant rocker,very strong with tattoos on his arms,he almost had  a fight at the end of
the show with an old man(no rock'n'roll looks whatsoever).
anyway,I want someone to answer this question:

why did axl keep going backstage numerous times and
 kept fiddling with his earphone?

my opinion on BHead,he could have talent but he doesn't belong in a rock band,least of all gn'r. he'll be more familiar
and welcomed at a birhtday party.

they played good I enjoyed,I was banging so hard my head
and my arms that I'm still in pain,but one thing is guys,
this is not guns and roses,this is axl (no rose)doing a tribute
to gn'r songs,'cause the fucking guy didn't even show one of
his tattoos for one minute at least,all dressed up in rap gear the whole time,come on guys,wake up! time to see the truthhhhh!
who would believe 10 years ago that AXL ROSE would be
performing his shows(not one,not two)all of them,dressing as a rapper,I hate Bhead's looks,but I choose his looks over axl's ten times.

LOVE YOU GUNNERS! [smoking]  [beer]

DUFF
oldfan
Rocker

aka.... hrmmmmm

« Reply #196 on: December 04, 2002, 10:16:39 PM »

im not saying the whole show was pre recorded maybe just a few songs. Thats just what i noticed anyway. It was a little too perfect.

I'm not going to call you an idiot, but you're an IDIOT!
If you knew anything about Canadian Laws, it's illegal to lipsync in Canada...
Ask Janet Jackson, I'm sure she'll tell you all about it  [yes]

dragan0T3
Rocker

« Reply #197 on: December 04, 2002, 11:07:35 PM »

BTW MichaelMcKaganDuff guy - we get that you don't like the new band and that you want a reunion - if you don't like the new GN'R feel free to visit the "Project" section of this website.

Now that I've heard this new band live, all the criticisms are pointless to me - the new band rocks!

[yes]  No need to say it twice.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2002, 05:42:09 PM »

just in front of me there was this giant rocker,very strong with tattoos on his arms,he almost had  a fight at the end of
the show with an old man(no rock'n'roll looks whatsoever).

Are you talking about that fuck in the L.A. Guns shirt?? the really big one?? I rushed the aisle at Paradise City and that disphit was blocking anyone from running up further.

Just found the MP3s now, GREAT! Can we get some more??
queen bee
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2002, 08:22:50 PM »

did you say that you rushed to the stage?Huh?? during paradise city?Huh you alone or with friends?Huh  how old are you guys!!!!!   the guy with la guns shirt,  what was the fight about?Huh

XOXO
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: