Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:03:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  newgnr.com downloads
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: newgnr.com downloads  (Read 1754 times)
Transcona
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: November 19, 2004, 01:36:40 PM »

First time posting, been checking message board out for sometime now keeping up to date on the latest GNR drama......On to my post, just finished listening to an excerpt of new bands version of Sweet Child, and a full length of what appears to be a either a live version with the new band or possibly a studio version of Sweet Child courtesy of newgnr.com.  Can anyone confirm the validity, secondly I know most of Appetite was re-recorded has there ever been any mention of it ever being released? Also where did the admin get the Chinese Democracy excerpts also available on newgnr.com.  Can anyone shed any light?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 01:42:11 PM »

Welcome to the board.

This has been discussed several times. The new SCOM version appeared in Big Daddy (the movie), at the end of the credits. The first part of the song is a live version in Paris '92 and the end is the new re-recorded song by the new band. It came out in '99.

The band did re-record AFD but it was never mentioned to be released and probably won't. If you're talking about the studio cuts (really short?), they came from a radio promo for the 2002 tour.

BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 01:55:11 PM »

During May of 2003, I wrote a review. This is an excerpt from a conversation with Richard Fortus

"Later in a conversation with Fortus, he confirmed to me the same about Interscope & about the fall & also hinted album with a tour. Most of Richard's guitar parts for the album Chinese Democracy are already done "Early On" which is great news. Axl has recently asked Richard back to work on only a couple more songs. The album is progressing which is awesome news.

Re-records. I was interested on putting to rest this rumor of re-releasing. I was talking to Richard about some of his guitar parts during the tour for the Appetite songs & then he confirmed to me there is not going to be anything like that with re-releasing Appetite songs. Richard also mentioned that the song 'Chinese Democracy' is a fun song for him to play."

? EDIT

Nothing like that going on & in my opinion I don't see him interested in doing so

-BP

« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 02:47:02 PM by Bi Polar » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: