Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:59:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pantera
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pantera  (Read 57532 times)
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2006, 02:43:57 PM »

Question about the Behind The Music...did they completely ignore the first few Pantera albums like they usually do?  Metal Magic, Power Metal, Projects In The Jungle (I think it was something like that), and there might be another one before Cowboys.  Its pretty hair metal, and people usually ignore it when talking about Pantera.  Just qurious if they ignored that stuff.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2006, 03:14:45 PM »

They touched on the Pantera spandex era but I cant remember if they mentioned those recordings.

Man I was never a Pantera fan but I got absolutely pissed off once again when they showed the club footage of Dimebag getting killed.

Why the fuck did that dumbass bastard who is hopefully burning in hell have to get onstage and shoot him for?

What was the point?

Phil Anselmo came off like a dick and was portrayed kind of badly so im not gonna take the BTM 100 percent cause it was definitely somewhat anti Phil in parts.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2006, 05:11:34 PM »

I watched it. I couldn't believe they showed that footage at the Alrosa Villa. Good show over all though. Anyone that thinks it's anti Phil needs to watch again,he made himself look bad with some of the comments he made. The last 20 minutes was emotional shit. Shed a tear.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2006, 07:41:30 PM »

It was a great show... I didnt think Phil looked that bad.... Vinnie said some negative things but Phil came off as very real and emaotional about the shooting.... The entire show was great....alot of unseen footage of the alrosa shooting... Very disturbing when you hear Officer Niggmeyers shotty go off.... I wonder what other kind of footage from that video isnt being shown... very very sad and a nice tribute to dimebag... not a whole lot of new info any pantera fan wouldnt know tho.
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2006, 04:50:29 AM »

The BTM was great, really emotional and sad by the way , it was impossible not to shed a tear  Cry

If the world would end today... Wink
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2006, 01:57:20 PM »

Cheers BLS brother. That was pretty hard watching. The Dime parts were horrible, i have to say with no embarrasment at all, that i shed a tear. Moving stuff. Great documentary.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2006, 01:19:05 AM »

Finally saw the BTM...very sad stuff.  They really tried to make Phil look bad, but I think he adequately explained himself.  I totally side with him over Vinnie.  Phil is trying to make peace, and Vinnie continues to hold this stupid grudge.  You'd think he'd learn.  I was very surprised at how much they showed from the night Dime was killed.  Not sure how I feel about it...I guess if you are rally offended by them showing it you could just change the channel.  Very good show though.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2006, 07:38:13 AM »

Finally saw the BTM...very sad stuff.? They really tried to make Phil look bad, but I think he adequately explained himself.? I totally side with him over Vinnie.? Phil is trying to make peace, and Vinnie continues to hold this stupid grudge.? You'd think he'd learn.? I was very surprised at how much they showed from the night Dime was killed.? Not sure how I feel about it...I guess if you are rally offended by them showing it you could just change the channel.? Very good show though.

Nah, i wasnt offended by it at all. It made the documentary. It was just so very close to home, which is how documentaries should be.

It ws very much Dime orientated and i totally agree with you about the Phil aspect. One day i hope Vinnie see's the light but on the flipside, you can understand why he doesnt wanna patch things up.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2006, 10:49:54 PM »

I saw the tail end of the show and it was very sad, Dime's dad and all...I was really into them in my early 20s when I was in pursuit of the heaviest riff ever but I got away from them towards the end.  What exactly happened to create such bad blood.  If the death of a "bro" can't reconcile things obviously it was ugly.  Was it the drugs?  Side projects? Did Phil bone Dime's hillbilly girl?  Not making light of it just wanting to know.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2006, 12:57:24 AM »

All that minus Phil doing anyhting wit Rita. Plus the comments Phil said in an interview about how Dime should be beaten to death or something of that nature.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2006, 01:32:06 AM »

Phil said Dime deserved to be "severely beaten".  According to Phil that was taken out of context though.  He said he said it after the interview as kind of a tongue in cheek thing, and then when the article came out it was on the cover of the magazine.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2006, 01:43:39 AM »

Vinnie also says he has the tapes of Phil saying it. Its a fucked up thing to say tounge and cheek or not.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2006, 10:45:57 AM »

For Phil being clean he sure didn't really prove that to me in his BM interviews.  Is that sort of like Keith Richards being clean...well clean for him?

Whats the word on a new Down album?
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2006, 11:09:26 AM »

After the European tour I think they will start recording late summer early fall.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2006, 02:33:41 PM »

I think its pretty obvious Phil isn't clean.  Did he ever claim he was completely clean?  I think he just said he was off heroine.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2006, 03:14:41 PM »

i found that behind the music very sad, poor dime SadSadSadSad

though i think phil should be given more respect after watching it.

html sucks
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #156 on: May 16, 2006, 04:03:14 PM »

I think its pretty obvious Phil isn't clean.  Did he ever claim he was completely clean?  I think he just said he was off heroine.

Eh from what I can see and Im pretty much an expert lol.. He was smoking some nice bud before the recording.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2006, 01:53:58 PM »

I think its pretty obvious Phil isn't clean.? Did he ever claim he was completely clean?? I think he just said he was off heroine.

Eh from what I can see and Im pretty much an expert lol.. He was smoking some nice bud before the recording.

I concur with that brother, im pretty sure that was a fat spliff he was smoking throughout as well!  smoking
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2006, 06:08:08 PM »

He admits to still being on the wacky-backy - but is clean of heroin

...i suppose thats....a start

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2006, 07:30:11 PM »

He admits to still being on the wacky-backy - but is clean of heroin

...i suppose thats....a start

Works for me. smoking (Not advocating the use of Smack in anyway, id never touch it) Phil off Smack is a good thing. Lets face it, he smoked weed since the early days, probably pre Pantera also. Hell they all wrote some of their best stuff whilst high. Unfortunately, Phil did have a god complex (by his own admission "I thought i could do anything, i thought i could handle the smack")
And there is little or no doubt that Phils behaviour due to Heroin helped break up the greatest Metal band i will ever hear.

Lets see how he kicks it ONE WEEK from now, with DOWN. Then ill report back and let you know if the man can still kick it.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: