Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:23:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Pantera
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pantera  (Read 56725 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #180 on: December 24, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »

Far Beyond Driven isn't as consistent as the previous two, but it has its fans too.

And i'm one of them

D get Far beyond driven and fast!

Its brutal, yet never descends into screamo noise - the riffs are just brutal, it tries a different approach to the solos, far less 80's metal, more 90's in orientation - can blindside you at first, but its probably my fav Pantera album - and personally i think its their most consistent album - though it does have Pantera's only filler track.

To be honest - just buy everything Pantera touched - make sure you pick up the ''b-sides'' 'the badge' and 'avoid the light' - they are awesome, and dont come on any of their albums

I'm broken..... beer

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #181 on: December 24, 2006, 10:57:09 AM »

Stoned was kind enough to send me 'avoid the light' - what a tune - its sounds like its straight from Far Beyond Driven and brought hell with it!

What a riff, the kind of thing that can exterminate modern metal bands from 50 paces

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #182 on: December 25, 2006, 02:42:58 AM »

I am just now gettin into this band.

I have downloaded the songs

Cowboys From Hell
Cemetary Gates
Walk

can someone give me some more really kick ass good workout type songs by them?
Anything Pantera is pure metal bliss.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2007, 09:08:51 PM »

after re-listening to albums. i really do think cowboys from hell is their best and most under-rated, every seems to dig them from vulgar onwards and miss this album out, i have no idea why.

Best vocals, solos, riffs (however..countless dime riffs kick ass so i dunno)

anyone else agree?

html sucks
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #184 on: January 02, 2007, 12:02:25 AM »

I do. It's the bridge between their glam and groove eras, and it has the best of both. After that, I like Power Metal the most. Wink
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #185 on: January 02, 2007, 08:23:50 PM »

I love Pantera, it really saddens me to think we'll never get to hear any more Pantera albums again, but I'm hoping Vinnie eventually releases some of those unreleased Damageplan tracks.

As for Pantera, all their albums are great, my fav would probably be a tie between Far Beyond Driven and Great Southern Trendkill, which I think is pretty underrated. Other tracks worthy of mention are the studio bonus cuts on their Live album - Where You Come From and I Can't Hide. Where You Come From has such a kickass riff! beer

The thing I loved about Pantera is that they were so goddamn heavy, yet they had so much groove, you couldn't help but bop along to their music. Oh, and any Pantera song is great to blast up loud, real loud, in your car.

D, do yourself a favour and buy ALL the albums, including the live one, trust me, you won't be disappointed! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2007, 09:12:07 AM »

Pantera most by one of the few bands that have the fan base split so much on fav albums - their first 4 are all so good its easy to see where people are coming from

Pantera really stand out for the production - cowboys from hell came out at a time when so many albums were seriously underproduced and now sound very dated - but CFH has a real freshness to it

Quick! To the bandwagon!
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #187 on: January 08, 2007, 05:28:43 AM »

I love all their records in different ways. Far Beyond Driven and Reinventing The Steel are fucking brutal.

Official Live 101 Proof fucking rocks too.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #188 on: January 08, 2007, 11:21:21 AM »

I love all their records in different ways. Far Beyond Driven and Reinventing The Steel are fucking brutal.

RTS has some cool groove riffs in it, i quite enjoy it, his vocals get a bit too roar for me at times on that one though, but not as bad as trendkill.

html sucks
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #189 on: January 08, 2007, 03:33:33 PM »

Oh hell yeah. Official Live kicks all ass. Blasting that son of a bitch can help you rid any anger problems you might have.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2007, 12:02:46 PM »

official live was my first pantera album...it does rule beer

"i'm gonna tell you something right the fuck right now....we got the god-damn cameras on ya and we're filming for the god damn home video so i wanna se you go fucking ape shit right now....vince take it from the fucking verse, Cant' you see, ready?" hihi Phil was funny live, he was always so trashed ok He puked all over the stage when i saw them in detroit hihi peopel booed him and he told them to fuck off and he started singing again, thats hardcore ok

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2007, 08:06:03 PM »

Hahah nice.

"You can curse, its ok to curse. You payed good money to curse."

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2007, 09:13:27 AM »

According to Revolver magazine, late PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott's longtime partner, Rita Haney, and videographer Bobby Tongs have started to sift through footage for the follow-up to the DVD "DimeVision - Vol 1: That's The Fun I Have". The disc should be ready for release in the summer. "I can't wait to see it," Dimebag's brother and former PANTERA/DAMAGEPLAN bandmate Vinnie Paul Abbott says. "I'm sure it'll include stuff that I didn't even know about. Like, I knew Dime did a lot of crazy, fucked-up shit, but I didn't know about the fireworks he lit in the house until I saw the first videos. I don't know how he didn't burn his house down."

A cornucopia of a small portion of miles of video footage shot over the years, mostly taken mostly from Dimebag's point of view, "DimeVision - Vol 1: That's The Fun I Have" has been certified gold by the RIAA in the United States as well as in Canada.

beer
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 09:23:04 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2007, 05:51:03 AM »

Sounds fucking awsome. Can't wait for that.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2008, 12:20:52 PM »

it's over a year ago since anyone posted in this thread but i gotta say that I became a fan of this band a couple of months ago, they fucking kickass hard
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #195 on: January 21, 2008, 01:50:27 AM »

Pantera and Guns are my favorite bands. I love the groove they had.
I got to see them on the Reinventing The Steel tour in 2001, just before they broke up. I saw Damageplan live twice, and met Dime and Vinnie both times. Great guys. I've seen Down twice now, and just missed out on meeting Phil. I like all the other bands that the memebers of Pantera have been in, but nothing can compare to Pantera.
Dime is on the cover of this months Guitar World, for those who don't know. I still have to pick it up.

randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: January 21, 2008, 07:55:26 AM »

Pantera and Guns are my favorite bands. I love the groove they had.
I got to see them on the Reinventing The Steel tour in 2001, just before they broke up. I saw Damageplan live twice, and met Dime and Vinnie both times. Great guys. I've seen Down twice now, and just missed out on meeting Phil. I like all the other bands that the memebers of Pantera have been in, but nothing can compare to Pantera.
Dime is on the cover of this months Guitar World, for those who don't know. I still have to pick it up.

GN'R and Pantera, the best rock band and the best metal band of 90s imo  ok both started in 80's but their prime time was in 90's

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #197 on: January 21, 2008, 01:19:23 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHuIFgF47Ck

that may be the best crowd i've ever fucking heard, they don't start play until 3 minutes in to it and i'm sure most of you'ev seen it but god damn!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2008, 01:32:05 AM »

it's over a year ago since anyone posted in this thread but i gotta say that I became a fan of this band a couple of months ago, they fucking kickass hard

I was a fan of the big hits when they came out in the 90s but never owned an album until recently.  Down 3 actually helped me rediscover them. 

such an amazing band. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
randy marsh
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #199 on: January 23, 2008, 07:54:19 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHuIFgF47Ck

that may be the best crowd i've ever fucking heard, they don't start play until 3 minutes in to it and i'm sure most of you'ev seen it but god damn!

thanks for posting.. this was new to me and holy SHIIITT that's a wild crowd.. If i just had an timetravellingmachine  drool

I wanted the best.. well they didn't fuckin' make it.. so here's what I get:

-----
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: