Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:58:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain interview in magazine on sale Dec. 22, 2004
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain interview in magazine on sale Dec. 22, 2004  (Read 28564 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2004, 07:40:31 PM »

Be realistic they are all hired guns ,they are session players that provide axl with a product.. If they weren't they would have equal knowledsge on every gnr event.. One man and one man only makes the final choices.. Not one of them know a thing about the album besides it's done, even the most recent interview seems very doubtfull as to seeing the album.. It also makes me believe there's only one album,.,.

Are you telling us somehting we dont already know? We know this band is not the "conventional" band. They didnt meet in the gutter. We already know that.
What you dont seem to realize is that Axl didnt bring in every guy by himself. Basically every guy has recomended the next guy. They are all basically linked except to Axl. Isnt that a band?

As for the final choices thing. Axl controls the business end of the band. We know that. Is that soemthing new? It was basically the same with the old band too. Do you think if Axl didnt want to do something on the old stuff he would have done it anyway? hell fukin no.

The brain interview also proves nothing has been done for a tour, a video, or a single or we wouldn't have heard such doubt in his voice.,
Why is that a surprise. WHy would you expect any of that if the band havnt met back up yet?

As brain said the album rocks but you'll be lucky to hear it
he never said that

Notice all the guys are ready, they just sit around witht heir thumbs up their asses waiting for the man who can't be bothered to give them a call..Lucky they have side work or axl would have left his entire new hired guns sitting around doing nothing..

Yes, the same sidework and projects Axl has ENCOURAGED them to do. The same side projects Axl has helped them land.

WHat dont you undertsnad about the gnr situation? Are you that dumb? The band has done thie rjob. The music is completed. They say its going to be great. They say they are on break until AXL CALLS THEM BACK. How that doesnt make them a band musically is beyond me. But since it makes you feel like you are proving something by saying "see look, they reallyu arent a band" then say that all you want. While you say that and when CD drops I will be rocking out to one of the greatest CDs ever created...cant fukin wait....

My only concer in the music. And by all accounts its been a total band effort. By all accounts the bandmembers enjoy being with each other and miss playing with each other. Thats all I care about. It sux Axl is holding out for whatver reason but thats how it is...take it or leave it

Axl is way too selfish to share popularity with other guys
Yes, Axl is waay tooo selfish ?no

Hes the same guy who allowed a guy who wears a bucket on his head to join the band. A guy that is always getting attetion.

Hes the same guy who has helped get Tommy get an album deal and has encouraged his band members to go out and do their thing until he rings the bell....

Hes the same guy who every1 says is the most loyal and genuine peopel they know...

what a fukin asshole.

That's why he became mad when Slash started to become more popular than him in the early 90's. He wanted to be "the" bandmember, not "a" bandmember among others.
rofl ok

Now we get what he wants: Mister Axl Rose (100% of power, 100% of decisions) and...a bunch of hired guns (0% of power, 0% of decisions).

GNR bandmembers....might not have the final stamp on the business side or when the thing is gonna get released but THEY HAVE ALL PUT THEIR STAMP ON THE MUSIC...

go? yourself homeboy
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 08:05:17 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2004, 07:47:47 PM »

Here goes!!! Does this sound like a current member of Guns n' Roses?.....well I'll let you decide (not I only types the parts of the interview that are relevant)

When we started the band, me and Bucket were still in Guns n? Roses........

If GNR start up again, I?m in.....

it could be their Led Zepplin 11. I really have a feeling about it and I just hope it comes out?.

If this article is recent, then fork GnR it's over... if the freaking drummer doesn't know *if* THEIR album (meaning someone elses) is going to ever come out, speaks about his involvement in PAST TENSE, or *IF* the band will start up again then it's NOT A BAND...

So sad...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2004, 07:54:44 PM »

Now we get what he wants: Mister Axl Rose (100% of power, 100% of decisions) and...a bunch of hired guns (0% of power, 0% of decisions).

this is just adminastrive, it's their inputs, their music and choice

this is not teenage friends makin a band, but relativly succsefull and experienced musicians that wanna play and make music together, so it gradifies 4 bein a band 2 me

- with a name that has a legacy, they said how they feel about that b4 and it may cause some distance when they speak publicic about it, maybe out of respect, i dunno Undecided

it's cool 2 hear that this work he has done, is something he really likes and seems proud of peace
can't wait 2 listne myself drool

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2004, 10:16:58 PM »

That doesn't hit as big a nerve for me that it did with some of you.  I mean, he clearly stated that when Guns starts up again, he'll be there. If he's done all he can on the album, what else should he do? Just sit there? He's still in Guns, or else there would've been an announcement that he quit. This one interview isn't gonna make me lose any sleep...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2004, 11:11:20 PM »

For the people saying Brain sounds like he is out or does not like? being in gnr, did you just miss over his first comment.

1. Brain loves doing the whole GNR thing and says if it comes out he will have contributed towards it

He said he loves being in gnr, as for the hired guns things, dont take his comments out of context, read the whole article.
He said he does not feel like a hired gun in the new gnr because he had a hand in writing some of the songs.

Here is the part about gnr.
One of them being GNR, who seem to be on hiatus again. Would you work with Axl?s crew again?

If GNR start up again, I?m in. I love doing it and, as crazy as it is, I really miss being all around that. I love being that rock guy when you?re in a band, and its about you and your music. Being a hired gun is a different feeling ? its not your songs, and its all about the artist you?re working for. Which is cool, but with Guns we were doing songs that I was a part of creating. And if the new album ever comes out, there are songs on there that I?ve had a hand in writing.

Again, with GNR it was a case of you stepping into some big shoes ? those of John Freese, no less?

The way it happened was that I was with Primus, on an Australian tour when I talked to Buckethead and he mentioned he was going to join Guns. He and I have done stuff together for years, and we try to get each other involved in what we?re doing. So he said I should go down and see what was going on. At that point Josh was doing the gig and I was like ?Yeah, whatever?. But around that time the whole Primus thing kind of fell apart because it wasn?t really working out. And then Bucket called again and told me that Josh had quit.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 11:17:38 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2004, 11:27:43 PM »

Gotta be optimistic about this...You can just sense how much pride these guys have in what they've collectively created. When everyone feels as strongly about the music as they seem to, it can only lead to great things...Pretty clear to me that legalities are all that's holding this up
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2004, 11:31:26 PM »

He said he does not feel like a hired gun in the new gnr because he had a hand in writing some of the songs.

idea aha, thats cool Cool the hired gun mention is 4 him doin covers maybe?

The if-lines is tickeling, i like this vague, will it- come -out mystery thing Smiley

with a scary theme in the background ?hihi

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2004, 02:53:10 AM »

Just because the word guns is in hired guns doesn't mean Brain is talking about new GN'R.  I believe he was leaning more towards Primus when he said working as a "hired gun".  He enjoys the GN'R lineup and you can clearly see he loves what they've worked on so far.  I need something cleared up though, is Brain in GN'R??  He makes it sound like he's not, but if they asked again he'd be there....?
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2004, 02:58:20 AM »

is Brain in GN'R??? He makes it sound like he's not, but if they asked again he'd be there....?

sounds like they done with making music, the next work would be tours, videos etc

it sounds like he is in, enjoys it and are ready 2 rock when asked 2

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2004, 03:11:27 AM »

I guess this ties in with what Fortus was saying at his gig.  The album really is done, just needs a release date.  I recently got into Led Zepplin and let me tell you, some amazing stuff there.  Just compare Immigrant Song with Madagascar, very similar.  I remember a few years back Axl was spotted at a Led Zepplin release party of some sort as well.
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2004, 04:52:00 AM »

I thinks this is quite a positive interview. We all know that the GNR structure is a little different to other bands and this is something that we have to accept. Brain seems to be ok with it.

What really interests me is the Buckethead thing. What's Brain thinking about Axl'S accusation towards BH.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2004, 05:01:55 AM »

I remember a few years back Axl was spotted at a Led Zepplin release party of some sort as well.

this?

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2004, 05:20:40 AM »

just a thing that bother me...what about Robin? I mean dizzy, tommy, richard and brain gave interviews or spoke to fans, but Robin Finck didn't say a word since 2002. Neither in real, nor on his website. I just wonder why this silence.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2004, 05:23:48 AM »

I guess this ties in with what Fortus was saying at his gig.? The album really is done, just needs a release date.? I recently got into Led Zepplin and let me tell you, some amazing stuff there.? Just compare Immigrant Song with Madagascar, very similar.? I remember a few years back Axl was spotted at a Led Zepplin release party of some sort as well.

Can you enlighten me on how the Immigrant Song and Madagascar are similar?

Here today...ready to rock
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2004, 05:36:45 AM »

just a thing that bother me...what about Robin?

and chris?

leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2004, 08:19:46 AM »

public storage?? was he fucking serious?? what kind of band is this now??
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2004, 08:43:26 AM »

Can you enlighten me on how the Immigrant Song and Madagascar are similar?

I think Immigrant Song is actually closer to Rhiyad and the Bedouins.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2004, 09:02:11 AM »

Hmmm, the vibe I get from Riyadh is rather akin to Kashmir(sp?).
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2004, 09:36:42 AM »

just a thing that bother me...what about Robin? I mean dizzy, tommy, richard and brain gave interviews or spoke to fans, but Robin Finck didn't say a word since 2002. Neither in real, nor on his website. I just wonder why this silence.

You're wrong.? Robin posted a statement on his site last March 2004 right after BH fucked up the Rio gig.

Just like Brain, Robin made a point of saying he looks forword to his future with GNR.
IMO it's silly to expect him to speak or comment on things when nothing is happening at the moment.

From his site:?

dear friends,
i want to make this opportunity to comment on gnr's recent withdrawal
from the rock-in-lisbon festival. i was disappointed, as were the lot
of us, to come to grips that we won't be performing there as
anticipated. my bags have been packed for some time awaiting such an
event. i'm chomping at the bit to get out and really shake things up
with gnr and look forward to the release of the new album and
ultimately to tour and to tour.
? 'til then - love, r ob i? ? ? ? ?n

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2004, 09:45:36 AM »

IMO it's silly to expect him to speak or comment on things when nothing is happening at the moment.
ok

and 4 the others 2 actually, but i appreciate their interviews and gnr related stuff

but when there's nothing major events or something, they no need 2 say

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: