Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 01:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brain interview in magazine on sale Dec. 22, 2004
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brain interview in magazine on sale Dec. 22, 2004  (Read 28550 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2004, 09:48:59 AM »

well, all I can say after read 100 times those questions and answeras, is that we need Mysteron right now to clear things up to us.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2004, 10:14:44 AM »

well, all I can say after read 100 times those questions and answeras, is that we need Mysteron right now to clear things up to us.

What's there to clear up, just read the interview..
RnT
Legend

« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2004, 10:18:50 AM »

What's there to clear up, just read the interview..

to me he?s talking about an album that he don?t know IF will be release, IF he?ll go and tour with the band or IF Axl will need him.

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2004, 10:40:36 AM »

Everyone.... brain doesnt know shit... sticky fingers said its coming out in March.  Fo read the post.  Dont listen to a band member.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2004, 11:19:34 AM »

Yes, the same sidework and projects Axl has ENCOURAGED them to do. The same side projects Axl has helped them land.
To quote yourself, are you so dumb?? If axl didn't encourage side work they would have walked because they would be stuck with nothing to do, he lets them have their fun because it puts less pressure on him to get off his ass..

This is the only band in history that started in the 90's that is on hiatus without releasing one single piece of material (besides oh my god), they couldn't even give a little album with the bootlegs..

As for the final choices thing. Axl controls the business end of the band. We know that. Is that soemthing new? It was basically the same with the old band too. Do you think if Axl didnt want to do something on the old stuff he would have done it anyway? hell fukin no.

FIne he can be the business man, but you don't find it amazing that not one member besides him even knows anything a bout the work they did and when it will be out .. Business and being a control freak is two different things.. Everyone can have equal knowledge in basic shit even if they aren't the person in charge of the business asspect.. Don't you understand these guys are clueless ,they know nothing, they tell different sotrys, tommy has been sayng for about a year it could drop and ?second ,then the mastering needs to be done, now brain is life if it comes out..

FIne they didn't meet in teh gutter, but they are not tight, they don't have a relationship where they have equal input and knowledge regarding their debut album..

If there were no side projects there would be no more new gnr, they would have walked..

They say they are on break until AXL CALLS THEM BACK.

Exactly they have zero say in anything and they are just hired to do axl's project.. They'd sit on their ass for twenty years waiting for him, none have the balls to push the envelope they just wait for their boss, er band mate to call them for when he's ready to get off his ass..

That's more of a dictator that just gives you a call when he needs you...
There's no doubt the guys are very enthusiastic, they have great work ethics just from their outside stuff alone, they have a desire to play, but it's a damn shame they need to wait for that lazy ass axl who just has every band member he ever works with do solo projects while he does whatever it is he does.. If they were doing shit like a normal band instead of taking a so uneeded hiatus before releasing a debut they wouldn't need solo work..

Also they don't say negative shit about axl because they want to play and he's their boss ,they have no choice but to say good things.. Give it tenm years when everyone is gone ?and then ask them the same question..Maybe if axl got off his ass with his ONE album that's been slated since like 99 everything would be smooth and the fans plus the band would be happy and together..

Just don't try and sugar coat everytrhing, the band is together a long time and so far everything has ended in disaster, there's no music, there's nothing, yet people get upset when people knock the new gnr.. What else is there to say about a band on hiatus forever with not one album?

While you say that and when CD drops I will be rocking out to one of the greatest CDs ever created
that about sums it up, in your wide eyed version of reality you already have it in your mind that an album no one has ever heard is one of the greatest cds ever.. Such a shame to live with such axl goggles on.. Get the fan goggles off and get out of the fantasy bubble you live in, it's kind of scary.. We'''ll say it's one of the greatest albums if n when it comes out, but I'm sure it's the greatest already for you, and probably dave
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2004, 11:31:54 AM »

to me he?s talking about an album that he don?t know IF will be release, IF he?ll go and tour with the band or IF Axl will need him.

So you'd want him to say "it's gonna be out and we'll tour"?

Only to later complain that "But Brain said it would be out and that they'd tour! Fucking liars! They don't know anything! I wish they'd shut up until they know for sure!  rant "

That always happens when a band member mentions a possible release.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2004, 11:42:46 AM »

Maybe Axl's sittin at home waitin for all the other members to call him? Grin....Axls a shy guy..so hes prolly waitin for them to call him..lol jj...The album will kick ass..Led Zeppelin 2..Thats high standards..But if anyone can do it its Axl

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
RnT
Legend

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2004, 11:48:36 AM »

So you'd want him to say "it's gonna be out and we'll tour"?

Only to later complain that "But Brain said it would be out and that they'd tour! Fucking liars! They don't know anything! I wish they'd shut up until they know for sure!? rant "

That always happens when a band member mentions a possible release.

/jarmo

well, whats better:

"NO IF?S, the album is finished and I?ll go on tour with my band GUNS N FUCKING ROSES"

or

"IF the album sees the light of day someday, and IF Axl needs me, I?ll be back to tour with his band."

??

I prefer the first one. He is in the band, hired or not, he knows what?s goin?on better that ours rumors around here.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2004, 12:12:15 PM »

FIne he can be the business man, but you don't find it amazing that not one member besides him even knows anything a bout the work they did and when it will be out .
Actually I dont. And do you really think for one second the bandmembers know as much as us? They know what Axl is htinking and what they are going to do. Maybe they are just honoring Axls wishes of keeping things quiet....

FIne they didn't meet in teh gutter, but they are not tight, they don't have a relationship where they have equal input and knowledge regarding their debut album..
Go watch them on stage...they are a tight band. Off stage some go there seperate ways, some jam together. Let me remind you again these guys jam with each other, are on each others albums, and have basically recommended each other into the band.
You nor I have no idea how much input they have in terms of the promotions,plans etc. Probably not much but I would bet there voices are heard

As for the music side...all your comments are not true...

Exactly they have zero say in anything and they are just hired to do axl's project.. They'd sit on their ass for twenty years waiting for him, none have the balls to push the envelope they just wait for their boss, er band mate to call them for when he's ready to get off his ass..
Again, why do you keep saying stuff we already know?
No balls? Were you in the studio all those years? Did you know that Robin has had plenty of fights with Axl? Why do you think he left the first time. Balls? whats balls nowadays anyways? Allowing your record company to sell the saem album like 20 times and with different colors and fonts?

The music will show GNRs big balls.

they have a desire to play, but it's a damn shame they need to wait for that lazy ass ax
DId I not say that in my original post  Shocked

If they were doing shit like a normal band instead of taking a so uneeded hiatus before releasing a debut they wouldn't need solo work..
again GNR IS NOT A NORMAL BAND. And they dont pretend to be one.

What the hell do you want them to do? If Axl doesnt want to release the album yet...for whatver reason..why should they be theire in malibu sitting right next to him holding his hand? Is that what a band does.
Musically they are  a band. And when its released what are we all going to focus on????the fukin MUSIC. ANd guess what...who created that music? THE BAND......

Also they don't say negative shit about axl because they want to play and he's their boss ,they have no choice but to say good things.
Yes  ok

Just don't try and sugar coat everytrhing, the band is together a long time and so far everything has ended in disaster, there's no music, there's nothing, yet people get upset when people knock the new gnr.. What else is there to say about a band on hiatus forever with not one album?
The funny thing is I dont sugar coat everything. I just said how its all on Axl right now. Theres no sugarcoating. Theres reality and then theres people who have this fairytale idea of what a band is. If you cant accept the way this band operates go support a band that meets all the standards you expect.

The only thing that has been a disater is the 2002 tour thats it. Everything else has been the same... A mystery

Theres no music, its been a "disater", they arent a band, yet you still have people waiting for the album. You still have people ready to embrace this band.

that about sums it up, in your wide eyed version of reality you already have it in your mind that an album no one has ever heard is one of the greatest cds ever.. Such a shame to live with such axl goggles on.. Get the fan goggles off and get out of the fantasy bubble you live in, it's kind of scary.. We'''ll say it's one of the greatest albums if n when it comes out, but I'm sure it's the greatest already for you, and probably dave
I will be the albums biggest critic trust me. If its a crock of shit, ill say it. I could careless. But if its great I will be the first to tell you and the many others around here about it.
Call me whatever you want....

But what happend to the word FAN?
A fan is someone who enjoys something. WHo really fukin enjoys it. Enjoys something more than the normal person does or might even hate.

I am a fukin FAn. And im not going to apologize for believeing in Axl, Robin, Tommy,brain,fortus,pittman,dizzy and bucket....I believe they will deliver a great album. Im sorry I dont get wrapped up in all th epussy stuff. Im sorry I can handle waiting. Im sorry I can handle the excuse....

DO you know why? Because Im here for 1 thing...the music...and when it gets released thats all we are going to be talking about...is the music...not axls bradis, mental diseases, whether this band picks apples together or anything else....just the music....and becuase of that...i am able to just patiently wait and support this band...you either believe they will deliver or wont...I am here because i think they will. And I enjoy talking to other people who thiink they will. DOnt need to constantelky be defending this band from peopel who are sitting there with there arms crosses and slashs guitar stuck up their ass with a ciggy in their mouf....adios

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2004, 12:59:55 PM »

As previously mentioned by others, sounds like he doesn't know what's going on with GN'R. Just like Tommy when he was touring.

/jarmo

actually no......as the poster below put it so well, what brain is saying and what tommy is saying is very very differant.

Does anyone else notice that with everything Brain said in that interview, he is almost entirely uninvolved or out of touch with his project compared to say Tommy Stinson. Tommy said in his interview with Jarmo that he's in contact with the GnR camp almost on a weekly basis, and has to constantly arrange his schedule around his commitments to the band, while Brain is completely ominous and not the slightest bit afraid to let it show that he? more then likely is no longer in contact with the bandmembers and basically is out there pissing in the wind until he feels needed in the group. His assumptions towards the albums release are a complete 180 compared to Tommy's as well. Tommy goes in to detail back in October about how so utterly close it is and it will forsure come out soon, while a little over 2 months later Brain is absolutely serious when he says he hasn't the foggiest if, and when it will see the light of day. This band is so not even on the same wavelength and that to me is more disappointing more often then not then having the album out.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2004, 01:10:11 PM »

To me it just seems like Brain doesn't sit at home by the phone waiting for the call.

Instead he's out working until he gets the call that he's needed in GN'R.

I don't know how old that interview actually is, but if it was done recently it sounds like GN'R haven't auditioned a guitar player. Tommy hinted that if there was gonna be auditions, they'd have to get the full band together.

Since Brain didn't mention anything about the band being back together, maybe it didn't happen?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2004, 01:17:53 PM »

Or maybe this interview is old and  just printed now?
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2004, 01:19:56 PM »

i just don't see how what brain is saying and what tommy was saying on tour is remotely the same. as far as them sitting waiting on the call, you're right, neither one is doing that. the differance is that tommy gave actual details about the album being finished up and how it should be out very very shortly and how he talks to gnr management weekly. whereas brain is basically saying that IF they decide to start the band up again, he would be willing to do it. he is talking in 'they and them' terms the entire time and not 'us and we' terms. he is speaking about his tenure in gnr as past tense and not present tense. i understand the urge to try to get something positive out of what he is saying but there is a night and day differance between what brain is saying and what tommy was saying on tour.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2004, 01:57:29 PM »

(yg)

you say you are a fan of the music but where is the music, everyone is fans of the music if they like a band.. I admitt I'm not crazy about the new stuff I heard but it's not the worst thiong I have ever heard.. I say how I feel. I like the older stuff better then what I've heard, but that doesn't mean I don't feel the new guys have alot of potantial and that I am not very curious to hear the new stuff..

If I'm a music fan then what should I say I'm happy with the way everything is going?? If there's no music then what the heck should I enjoy from new gnr?

Depedning on who you are the whole point of continuing to use the gnr name is to make music and and that's exactly where the whole situation sucks..  New bands should be giving you new music otherwise what the hell are they doing..?

I've read 50 different excuses by people who will never say a negative thing about axl as to why the album isn't out...He's doing a lotr thing all the albums first, we're getting 3 over as many years, or a double cd with the this and that, buckethead's parts might be getting redone, there's song tweaking going on, there's lawsuits holdijng it back, axl is into perfection that's why we haven't heard it, buckethead ruined the plans, the album would have been out but geffen/interscope is pushing it back because they want to not have big competition, etc etc etc.. Sounds like a steaming load of shit to me, just be honest and say what it is..
People need to stop making excuses and stop praising the album before they hear a song.. WIll it be biger then afd, will it be better then teh illusions?? I mean this is all such crazy talk just let the album talk for itself and stop defending axl tooth n nail (not you yg)..

WHy not just say the band is ready for action but axl always leaves them out to dry.. ?

I hate when people have all these stupid answers lined up, at least be honest.. They always bring out the live your life quote said by axl, or the one album and bonus tracks.. Fuck that shit already, it's just a bunch of horseshit..

It's going on 6 years already and a few bandmembers came n gone, one album isn't much to ask for.. Wink
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2004, 02:39:26 PM »

i just don't see how what brain is saying and what tommy was saying on tour is remotely the same. .....the differance is that tommy gave actual details about the album being finished up and how it should be out very very shortly and how he talks to gnr management weekly. whereas brain is basically saying that IF they decide to start the band up again, he would be willing to do it. he is talking in 'they and them' terms the entire time and not 'us and we' terms. he is speaking about his tenure in gnr as past tense and not present tense. i understand the urge to try to get something positive out of what he is saying but there is a night and day differance between what brain is saying and what tommy was saying on tour.
I?ve already mentioned that matter and my thought short and sweet few pages back and I'm not double posting it.

Well, Say, they got into difficulties (e.g. lawsuit or whatever) and Brain was like you or Mike while Tommy was like Young Gunner.?and to make matters worse, Brain was a bad correspondent which he seems to be actually, then what else do you expect?

It?s just an example of hypothesis off the top of my head.

And me too wanna see him calling GNR "MY" Band louder than a bomb.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 02:59:44 PM by ppbebe » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2004, 02:53:53 PM »

you say you are a fan of the music but where is the music, everyone is fans of the music if they like a band.. I admitt I'm not crazy about the new stuff I heard but it's not the worst thiong I have ever heard.. I say how I feel. I like the older stuff better then what I've heard, but that doesn't mean I don't feel the new guys have alot of potantial and that I am not very curious to hear the new stuff..

I like metallicas old stuff better than their new stuff. DO i go to thier message boards and complain and whine and this and that to their fans? I also hate many bands and their music. But do I go to their sites and critisize and judge and look over them with a microscope and tell their fans that it sux or whatver? nope

If I'm a music fan then what should I say I'm happy with the way everything is going?? If there's no music then what the heck should I enjoy from new gnr?

Then dont comment on the new band if you arent happy with how things are going

Theres nothing I can say to you other than imagine if there were a shitload of people on the vr board complaining day in and day out about everything imaginable. From how they look to how they sound. Everyday non stop. It would get old and annoying. BEcaus eyou might love them but your always having to defend them.
Im not saying you have to love this band. They havnt done anything yet. BUt i dont need to hear people say how they arent a band when in actuality they are

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2004, 03:44:01 PM »

First off, thanks to scabbie. Secondly, trust uncle Axl. That's why I'm here. All good things to those who wait, Clarice. So I keep on waiting. yes

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2004, 03:45:24 PM »

Or maybe this interview is old and  just printed now?

i guess it's some weeks/months old. cause - at least mysteron said that - that gnrcamp is very busy. that was before tommy started up his tour again.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2004, 03:48:10 PM »

just a thing that bother me...what about Robin? I mean dizzy, tommy, richard and brain gave interviews or spoke to fans, but Robin Finck didn't say a word since 2002. Neither in real, nor on his website. I just wonder why this silence.

Perhaps you want a "I think CD will come out soon" from Robin too ?  smoking
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2004, 05:19:38 PM »

When we started the band, me and Bucket were still in Guns n? Roses.?

If GNR start up again, I?m in. I love doing it and, as crazy as it is, I really miss being all around that. I love being that rock guy when you?re in a band, and its about you and your music.

I think it's interesting he says they *were* in Guns N Roses. It does sound like he left, but then he goes to say he would still love to be a part of GNR if they start up again. So I don't take it as if he left, but that he's doing his own thing until Axl gets his act together.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: