Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 02:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228028 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Will 2005 finally be the year Axl comes back?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will 2005 finally be the year Axl comes back?  (Read 26571 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2004, 01:38:29 PM »

I havent heard other wise... Wink

yeah, me neither yes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2004, 01:54:23 PM »

Axl is probably too comfortable being out of the spotlight...hes getting older, this may be his last album, he wants to make it as good as possible...

The other members seem quite happy to be doing their own thing outside of GN'R, I dont see why they would leave at this stage after being around for so long

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2004, 02:28:18 PM »

If the topic was "Will 2005 be the year the new era of GNR finally starts? "

my reply would be Extremely positive as usual. coffee
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2004, 02:46:04 PM »

Buddha, good post, my sentiments exactly. I almost never post here anymore because I (always a huge fan of the band and defender of Axl Rose all along) have come to the conclusion that Axl has truly lost his mind and that this record will never be released. That doesn't mean that I don't visit here almost every day ... could there finally be some news today? That thought always makes me laugh, and then the board comes up ... no news. Big surprise.

The Axl apologists also make me laugh. Folks, there is no logical reason for this delay. No legal reason, no musical reason, no possible reason in the world that I can think up. We know songs were done in 2000, and we certainly know songs were done and album covers were chosen and tours were booked in 2002. From Axl himself, August 12, 2002:

"This thing is starting now and much like Use Your Illusions that went for two and a half years, this thing is going to go off and on for the next two or three years and we'll see how it goes ... There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We've sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready ... Now that we feel that we have clarity as to the album we're trying to make, we're wrapping it up."

Do those statements suggest that the album will definitely be released in 2005?

But let's just say for the sake of argument that there is some mythical explanation that would explain it all away. Only Axl knows, and he ain't talkin'. Why do you suppose that is? The only thing stranger than the fact that there is never any news or photos regarding one of the most famous people on this planet (at one time) is the fact that he himself never has anything to say. One statement since a canceled tour in December, 2002. If the album isn't ready (which I don't believe for a second), how hard would it be to issue a statement saying we expect it to be done around 2009? He has released statements before (dive in and find the monkey, 2002 tour, Rock in Rio 3, etc).

Slash, Duff and Izzy were right. I hate to say it. One new song in 14 years and counting. Something happened to Axl and it changed him forever. I sure do hope I'm wrong and Chinese Democracy is released in 2005, and is a huge success. But the question is, if Axl Rose sings in the forest and nobody hears, did he really make a sound?

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2004, 05:48:39 PM »

Well for the first time ever, the band members have said the album is done, so that is something new.  So we'll see, hopefully Axl will make a statement soon.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
chadj76
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2004, 05:54:04 PM »

I would be shocked, literally dumbfounded if CD came out in 2005. ?In the posts above this one, most people are being very realistic. ?I almost feel bad for all those that swore up and down that November 2004 was CD, even as late as October their were many, many post that it was still coming in November. ?Then November came and went and nothing. ?And now the same people that swore and really honestly believed November was the month are saying, ?it?s got to be spring (choose a month you like) 2005? and they really believe this. ?It?s almost sad really. ? It?s the same thing over and over and over. ?Pick a month, 6 months away and believe CD is coming out that month, believe it up to the month before even when NO information has been provided. ?And then when the sure fire, it is gonna happen month comes and goes???pick a month 6 months away. And restart posting cycle.

Don?t get me wrong, like the rest of you I have been waiting or anticipating or looking forward to (whatever you want to say) the release of CD. ?But, I am realistic too. ?Until I have CD in my hand I don?t expect it to come out.

My bet is CD becomes the Pet Sounds of our generation. ?And if you think about it, that really isn?t that far of a stretch.

Don't damn me when I speak a piece of my mind 'cause silence isn't golden when I'm holding it inside
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2004, 05:59:39 PM »

We know songs were done in 2000, and we certainly know songs were done and album covers were chosen and tours were booked in 2002.

yeah, they were gonna release,
but managment or the recordcompany stopped them, accordin to axl

LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

I like GN'R, but not that much.

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2004, 06:00:08 PM »

Happy New Years to all of you too. Have some champagne and a bowl, and bring in the new year proper like.

Yeah, there's plenty of rock stuff to look forward to in the new year:

# A new Mudvayne album
# Rammstein touring
# Velvet Revolver back in the UK
# Iron Maiden are touring in the summer
#The Leeds/Reading weekend festival
# Maybe even a new TOOL album drool

Fuck Axl! ?peace
chadj76
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2004, 06:03:08 PM »

"Something happened to Axl and it changed him forever"

EXACTLY.  That is good, that is exactly what I believe.

Don't damn me when I speak a piece of my mind 'cause silence isn't golden when I'm holding it inside
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2004, 06:12:33 PM »

Happy New Years to all of you too. Have some champagne and a bowl, and bring in the new year proper like.

Yeah, there's plenty of rock stuff to look forward to in the new year:

# A new Mudvayne album
# Rammstein touring
# Velvet Revolver back in the UK
# Iron Maiden are touring in the summer
#The Leeds/Reading weekend festival
# Maybe even a new TOOL album drool

Fuck Axl! ?peace

Cheesy judas priest, motley crue- rock on headbanger

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2004, 06:25:40 PM »

Nope.
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2004, 06:32:59 PM »

fuck, i didn't see the fuck axl comment at the bottom, why say that?

but we got lots of other stuff if it's not released that year smoking

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2004, 09:39:47 PM »

I really think it would have came out last year if BH didnt leave.?

I thought his departure would push their recording that "one extra step further?"  Huh
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2004, 10:04:35 PM »

I really think it would have came out last year if BH didnt leave.

I thought his departure would push their recording that "one extra step further?"  Huh

Yeah it did .. just like that release date announcement we got those couple months after!  rofl

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2004, 11:15:46 PM »

2005 will NOT be the year Axl comes back.  I truly believe the guy won't EVER comeback.  Why??  His reasons woud be his and we would have to respect that.  But there is no reason to take this long to record an album.  Look at Velvet Revolver.  Not a full year together and they had released their album.  To me I respect the fact that Axl won't come back.  But like I said before.  The least he could do for the guys who worked on Chinese Democracy and all the die hard fans who defend Axl on just about anything he does or doesn't do he should just release a statement saying that it won't come out due to personal reasons and apologize.  That's it.  Some people would ask for more but that is all we would need.  The rest is his privacy. 
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2004, 12:40:03 AM »

Well, the guy is going to be 43 in 2 months. If he wants to ever looked at as anything more than a washed-up nostalgia type act he better get it in gear immediately. Who knows if CD is ever coming or not, but Father Time is.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2004, 01:03:26 AM »

2005 will NOT be the year Axl comes back.? I truly believe the guy won't EVER comeback.? Why??? His reasons woud be his and we would have to respect that.? But there is no reason to take this long to record an album.? Look at Velvet Revolver.? Not a full year together and they had released their album.? To me I respect the fact that Axl won't come back.? But like I said before.? The least he could do for the guys who worked on Chinese Democracy and all the die hard fans who defend Axl on just about anything he does or doesn't do he should just release a statement saying that it won't come out due to personal reasons and apologize.? That's it.? Some people would ask for more but that is all we would need.? The rest is his privacy.?

yeah and  the VR album sucked.  It shows it only took a month or so to make.  Slash wanted to make AFD again but he ended up making an STP album, a bad STP album at that.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2004, 01:09:22 AM »

2005 will NOT be the year Axl comes back.  I truly believe the guy won't EVER comeback.  Why??  His reasons woud be his and we would have to respect that.  But there is no reason to take this long to record an album.  Look at Velvet Revolver.  Not a full year together and they had released their album.  To me I respect the fact that Axl won't come back.  But like I said before.  The least he could do for the guys who worked on Chinese Democracy and all the die hard fans who defend Axl on just about anything he does or doesn't do he should just release a statement saying that it won't come out due to personal reasons and apologize.  That's it.  Some people would ask for more but that is all we would need.  The rest is his privacy. 

yeah and  the VR album sucked.  It shows it only took a month or so to make.  Slash wanted to make AFD again but he ended up making an STP album, a bad STP album at that.

thats a pretty strong opinion... contraband wasn't a great album, but there were some real good tracks on there. 

Mike
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2004, 01:13:07 AM »

yeah and ?the VR album sucked.

If going platinum and having a successful tour and great publicity sucks then I am all for it. I wish GNR would suck like that to, because it would mean we have some type of album from them. You need to get past the fact that there are alot more people who really liked the album out there than you choose to give credit too, and all of the success they have obtained the past 6 months proves so. The album has universally been praised for the most part, they recieved some Grammy nominations, had 2 #1 ?rock singles and all is well in the VR world. Whether you liked that album or not, this project has been an incredible success for a debut band who has been out building brand recognition.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2004, 01:33:04 AM »

yeah and ?the VR album sucked.

If going platinum and having a successful tour and great publicity sucks then I am all for it. I wish GNR would suck like that to, because it would mean we have some type of album from them. You need to get past the fact that there are alot more people who really liked the album out there than you choose to give credit too, and all of the success they have obtained the past 6 months proves so. The album has universally been praised for the most part, they recieved some Grammy nominations, had 2 #1 ?rock singles and all is well in the VR world. Whether you liked that album or not, this project has been an incredible success for a debut band who has been out building brand recognition.

OH since bands like BSB and N Synch sell millions of albums does that make the albums good?  Also a lot of crappy bands sell out club tours, like VR does, that is really nothing special. Look at metallica, st anger was one of the worse albums ever yet they sell out stadiums, what does that tell  you?  Also, the orginal gnr never got a grammy nod for AFD or the UYIs, the grammys are all commerical and have nothing to do with talent. Its just a bunch of old men who pick what they think is the "cool or in" thing and that is what wins.  AFD is one of the best albums ever made and it didnt get a grammy nod, so does that mean AFD sucks?  And its not a debute band.   They make their name off of being former members of guns n roses.  Why do you think VR always attaches that to when ever they are talked about hmmmm?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: