Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:52:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  What would be considered a 'success' by Adler's Appetite for 2005
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What would be considered a 'success' by Adler's Appetite for 2005  (Read 16142 times)
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2005, 07:23:32 PM »

well with tens of thousands of years of civilisation behind me in many continents and cultures over the world i'm sure theres plenty of things i haven't heard of!  Roll Eyes

Tongue
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2005, 09:46:42 PM »

Posted by: SLASH2365?
now come on all you "anti-Adler" people, cut the guy some slack. hes cleaned up greatly, has put a band and EP together, planning a record and are out on tour. you have to give some credit.

Thank you - finally someone on this board who is giving the guy credit for getting over his addictions and picking up his life again. ? ? ok

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
jgfnsr
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2005, 09:48:01 PM »

well with tens of thousands of years of civilisation behind me in many continents and cultures over the world i'm sure theres plenty of things i haven't heard of!? Roll Eyes

Tongue

Tens of thousands?
jgfnsr
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2005, 09:51:50 PM »

now come on all you "anti-Adler" people, cut the guy some slack. hes cleaned up greatly, has put a band and EP together, planning a record and are out on tour. you have to give some credit.

Thank you - finally someone on this board who is giving the guy credit for getting over his addictions and picking up his life again. ? ? ok

(I'm curious, why do you always post in red?)? Huh

Personally, I never gave a rat's ass about Steven's heroin addiction, in and of itself.? The fact that it got in the way of his playing obviously had a big impact on the rest of his life.

And while I'll give him credit too for getting clean, I remain sceptical of just what the guy has left to offer in the way music.? Of course he's welcome to prove me wrong at any time.

duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2005, 09:56:05 PM »

Posted by: TheDude?
(I'm curious, why do you always post in red?)?

Personally, I never gave a rat's ass about Steven's heroin addiction, in and of itself.? The fact that it got in the way of his playing obviously had a big impact on the rest of his life.

And while I'll give him credit too for getting clean, I remain sceptical of just what the guy has left to offer in the way music.? Of course he's welcome to prove me wrong at any time.

I post in red cause I like the colour.? Grin

Have you heard the demos on the Adlers Appetite website - his drumming is awesome.? He has a lot to offer if people just gave him the chance and stopped running him down.? I am not quite sure why you dislike him so - what has he ever done to you??
? Huh

jgfnsr
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2005, 10:08:45 PM »

I post in red cause I like the colour.? Grin

OK, it's just that it burns my retina reading it.

Have you heard the demos on the Adlers Appetite website - his drumming is awesome.? He has a lot to offer if people just gave him the chance and stopped running him down.

Steven's drumming has always been awsome.  But it takes more than a great drummer to come up with something worth listening too.

I am not quite sure why you dislike him so - what has he ever done to you??[/b] [/color]? Huh

He ran over my dog.
duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2005, 10:59:06 PM »

So you are saying you didnt like the demos on AA site??? Man you are one hard to please guy!! ? ? yes

jgfnsr
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2005, 09:26:32 PM »

So you are saying you didnt like the demos on AA site??? Man you are one hard to please guy!! ? ? yes

(Not sure why my last post is in red...)

Aaaaanyway, yeah I did listen to the demos.  I didn't think they were anything to write home about, but that's just my opinion. 

Bottom line, Adler is a great drummer.  Nothing more or less. 

But it takes more than a great drummer to build a decent band around...
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2005, 07:40:03 AM »

i'd certainly agree with you there, which was why i was pretty bummed to find out brent wasn't involved as much nowadays, simply cos he has the writing history of success and quality. jizzy and adler are great (love/hate are honestly great for the first two albums) but kerri and robbie really only have experience playing other peoples songs in a myriad of bands. i mean, if you go on metal sludge kerri kelli is basically a running joke for playing in every band under the sun.

that's why i'm interested for them to do an album and so on to see what they're like writing material together. i'm willing them on but i feel they stood a much better chance with brent in the band. but supposedly he's only not on board for this european tour then he's back. then we'll see i guess!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2005, 08:37:25 AM »

TheDude is on the drug that killed River Phoenix, so hurry up n' die..................that was a joke.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
jgfnsr
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2005, 10:45:09 PM »

TheDude is on the drug that killed River Phoenix, so hurry up n' die..................that was a joke.

Stop....you're hurting my feelings.  Cry

For the record, before The Dude gets too old in the decades to come, he plans on doin' the job himself.

How?

Riding a motorcycle off the edge of the Grand Canyon while snortin' coke off a 17-year old chick's naked breasts...   peace

(Hmmm...maybe I should sell tickets)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2005, 10:55:39 PM »

I think my user name speaks all i need to say about what I think of Jizzy

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2005, 05:54:08 AM »

the singer rocks, a success is if they music is good,
a commersial success would imo be selling out theaters worldwide, like bridesofdestruction? peace

maybe they do even better, that singer is pretty good and hooked up with a great drummer and guitarist? ok

« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 05:56:17 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2005, 06:04:23 AM »

yeah we'll see. i'm just  not sure how far they can go with that name to be honest. but yeah, if they got to the point where an album would chart  in the top 200 (so like, 5k in its first week) even if it dropped off straight away, and they could sell out 1-5k venues depending on the market, i think that would be an absolutely mind-blowing thing.

will they?

i really doubt it sadly, at least in the US, maybe have abit more luck in europe where theres still alot of diehard gunners who go gig-going.
i think its a good idea for them to be a support band for people though. they've mentioned sebitchian bach but i'm not sure how big the venues he plays in are? i think 500-1,500? suppose its a step up from 50 though!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2005, 02:56:33 AM »

What would be a success...Steven not dying.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2005, 08:05:33 PM »

Dispite what all the alder-holics think he drumming did absolutly nothing for any G n' R songs.

Tell that to Izzy, he has even said himself that he prefered Steven's drumming style and he suited Gn'R better..

joeyramone
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2005, 11:09:59 PM »

basically developing more as a band and not giving up due to lack of publicity/fame would probably be the answer
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2005, 05:20:07 AM »

its funny this thread has popped back up with all the recent shit thats gone on

to be honest releasing ANYTHING this year that doesn't suck ass i would consider a success for them now. if jizzy was in then releasing the album and touring off it, hopefully getting to support a biggest act and playing to 500-1000 people a show, but as it is, i'd just like to see them stick together, get some gigs in so people can see this new singer tersha, and then release something. at the moment fuck knows whats going on?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2005, 04:27:14 PM »

I'd be quite happy for the band to just keep releasing quality albums like Gilby Clarke, no need for singles, videos or mainstream success as long as his fans (me included) are happy with the quality of the records i won't have any complaints, whether that will be a success depends on what the band are aiming for, do they want to gain the success of Velvet Revolver or stay quite like Izzy Stradlin?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2005, 07:05:24 AM »

He is still on drugs - so there goes ur point.

Go check the interviews with the other bands that toured with him of late if u require 'proof'

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: