Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:55:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Albums names
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Albums names  (Read 4547 times)
Farmer
Opening Act

Dreams are basically, like, the farts of the mind

« on: January 08, 2005, 08:10:05 AM »

I was reading abot NIN and how they decided to change the name of the album from "Bleedthrough" to "With Teeth" and wondered if there were anything like that in GN'r history.....Did the albums have any other possible working titles? And songs??? I know that "Coma" was supposed to be named "Girth" (I dunno if it was  a joke from Duff's or it was true, I just read it)......

Peace

Well, as you can see, being a fucking psycho basket-case like me does have it's advantages
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 08:18:49 AM »

Use Your Illusion had the titles "GN'R Sucks" and "Buy Product" for a while....  hihi

"Get In The Ring" was called "Why Do You Look At Me When You Hate Me".

Going back even further, "Anything Goes" was known as "My Way - Your Way" back in the Rose days.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 09:08:39 AM »

The original working title of 'Estranged' was 'Without You'

...also a book by Del James

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 09:15:49 AM »

Coma was never going to be called girth, that was just it's working title; a little in-joke about wes arkeen's dick i believe.

Reckless Life is often written as "Wreckless Life" in early setlists and demos. AFD had the working title Welcome to the Jungle.

www.GnRInfo.tk is a great site for this sort of trivial gn'r trivia.
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 05:17:00 AM »

bump  Grin

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 06:13:12 AM »

"The Spaghetti Incident?" was going to be called Pension Fund. GN'R Lies was going to be called The Lies! The Sex, The Drugs, The Violence, The Shocking Truth
JustUsOwls
Headliner

Since I Don't Have You

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 11:34:27 AM »

I kinda like the title "Without You" more than "Estranged." Mostly because when Axl says the line "Without You" it's my favorite part of Estranged.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 11:39:40 AM »

I kinda like the title "Without You" more than "Estranged." Mostly because when Axl says the line "Without You" it's my favorite part of Estranged.

nah, "without you" sounds too much like a 08/15-title. i'm glad he changed that. anyways, an awesome track, well, the most awesome IMO.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
JustUsOwls
Headliner

Since I Don't Have You

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 02:18:09 PM »

Well I think Without You would be more fitting as "Estranged" is the ONLY GNR track in which the title of the song is not in the lyrics at all. Pretty sure about that, can someone prove me wrong? hmm
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 02:31:59 PM »

Depends whether you mean songs GN'R wrote or recorded, JustUsOwls. Cause Hair of the Dog didn't have hair of the dog as a lyric, but obviously, that was a cover. Buick Makane didn't have the lyric big dumb sex (the alternative title) in it, either.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 03:58:10 PM »

Madagascar, Silkworms, Chinese Democracy and Sympathy for the Devil don`t have the title
in the lyrics, too.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
estranged.1098
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 06:58:03 PM »

Madagascar, Silkworms, Chinese Democracy and Sympathy for the Devil don`t have the title
in the lyrics, too.

SFTD is not a Guns N' Roses song, but that's a good point.
Farmer
Opening Act

Dreams are basically, like, the farts of the mind

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 09:19:12 AM »

I kinda like the title "Without You" more than "Estranged."

As much as I love this song (my favorite), I must say "Without You" would sound cheesy and.....I dunno, kinda improper. It's just too simple of a name for such a complex, both in musical and in meaning part, song. My opinion though.....

GN'R Lies was going to be called The Lies! The Sex, The Drugs, The Violence, The Shocking Truth

Izn't it, like the full name of it? I always thot that GN'R Lies is short from "The Lies! The Sex, The Drugs, The Violence, The Shocking Truth". Wrong?Huh

PS. Thanx guys

Peace

Well, as you can see, being a fucking psycho basket-case like me does have it's advantages
JustUsOwls
Headliner

Since I Don't Have You

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 10:08:06 PM »

Indeed. I was talking about the Old GNR song names, not new GNR. I also meant to say not counting the covers.

But does anyone else find it weird that Estranged is the only (original) GNR track that doesnt have the title in the lyrics? I think it makes it unique hehe. peace
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2005, 10:31:45 PM »

[
GN'R Lies was going to be called The Lies! The Sex, The Drugs, The Violence, The Shocking Truth

Izn't it, like the full name of it? I always thot that GN'R Lies is short from "The Lies! The Sex, The Drugs, The Violence, The Shocking Truth". Wrong?Huh

I think that's the sub-title, in the same way as newspaper articles have sub-headings.
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 06:32:54 AM »

Depends whether you mean songs GN'R wrote or recorded, JustUsOwls. Cause Hair of the Dog didn't have hair of the dog as a lyric, but obviously, that was a cover. Buick Makane didn't have the lyric big dumb sex (the alternative title) in it, either.

BIG DUMB POST....

er.. "big dumb sex" is a soundgarden song, buick mackane/big dumb sex is a medley of those 2 songs, not an alternative title. you can find the soundgarden original on "louder than hell".
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2005, 07:04:41 AM »

BIG DUMB POST....

er.. "big dumb sex" is a soundgarden song, buick mackane/big dumb sex is a medley of those 2 songs, not an alternative title. you can find the soundgarden original on "louder than hell".

Actually that's Soundgarden's "Louder Than LOVE", but hey who's being picky here? hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2005, 07:23:26 AM »

Was'nt Chinese Democracy gunna be called cockaroach soup or something? Thats so odd that i had never even realised that estranged is the only song that doesnt have the word in it. I feel like quite the twit Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 07:28:22 AM »

BIG DUMB POST....

Actually that's Soundgarden's "Louder Than LOVE", but hey who's being picky here? hihi

Yeah, I'm afraid he got mixed up with a Manowar album  hihi

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2005, 03:16:29 PM »

Was'nt Chinese Democracy gunna be called cockaroach soup or something? Thats so odd that i had never even realised that estranged is the only song that doesnt have the word in it. I feel like quite the twit Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Cock-a roach soup was supposedly a track on CD. I'd never heard it might have been the title.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: