Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:58:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR & Axl in GTA San Andreas
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR & Axl in GTA San Andreas  (Read 75891 times)
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #420 on: November 22, 2004, 11:05:57 PM »

what Id like to know is, how does Axl's voice sound when he's talking? the tone, timbre etc.. a friend of mine said it sounded rough as guts
Not really......Axl just sounds like, Axl....I don't find anything different in his speaking voice.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #421 on: November 23, 2004, 02:23:16 PM »

an updat on the GTA on www.interscope.com today

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #422 on: November 27, 2004, 01:38:49 AM »

It seems every other commerical break leads into the Grand Theft Auto commerical with WTTJ playing in the background.  It pisses me off that Guns N' Roses is being whored out like this.  I know that Axl serves as a DJ voice in the game and I know the game itself is pretty kickass.  However, I (as I'm sure many of you) feel that GN'R are kind of my special thing.  I know they were mainstream and I know everyone knows of them, but you'd be amazed at how many people my age (early-mid 20s) have no fucking clue what songs they played.  I was at a party last week playing a game involving naming songs, and when I brought up paradise city these girls had no clue what the song was or who even wrote it.  While I know this obviously wouldn't be the case with people in their mid-early 30s, it is the younger audience that is going to make or break Chinese Democracy when it is released.  Since the majority of consumers of GTA will be teenagers and young adults, I think that the overuse of WWTJ is gonna tire the young audience and possibly turn them off to any future GN'R releases; meaning Chinese Democracy.  Conversely, one could argue that the commercialization of WTTJ could lead the youth to pursue other songs by GNR and discover the genius of AFD and the UYIs, however since Emimen and Britney Roll Eyes represent the taste of today's generation I find this unlikely.  I know plenty of you will disagree with me on this, but I think that GTA whoring out WTTJ takes away from the meaning and depth of GN'R.  Just my opinion, your thoughts and opinions are welcome.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #423 on: November 27, 2004, 02:17:25 AM »

i don't really like it when any band sells their songs for commercials or games or what not.
But it seems like this trend is here to stay and there's nothing you can do about it so i try to look at the positives.
i hope they will never have a song in a car commercial or some beer commercial, that would be a lot worse!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #424 on: November 27, 2004, 03:12:36 AM »

They should have used Madagascar.  Like when the car is going off a cliff or someone is being shot in the game and it's supposed to be sentimental Axl's voice should pop on and say "I can't find my way back my waayyyy anymoooreee."
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #425 on: November 27, 2004, 03:21:25 AM »

What the fuck??

No, it doesn't piss me off... if something like this pissed me off, I would be complaining that Welcome to the Jungle gets played at every fuckin' sporting event for the past decade.  It's the best thing Axl has done in a long time, and lending a song to a video game like GTA is certainly not "whoring it out".
Axl Z
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #426 on: November 27, 2004, 04:35:26 AM »

i think it's cool, it's giving kids a kick up the ass in GN'R education

r.e. - they rock!!  peace

2002 - Docklands Arena, London
2006 - Hammersmith Apollo, London
2006 - Wembley Arena, London
2010 - O2 Arena, London
2017 - Olympic Park, London
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #427 on: November 27, 2004, 05:24:58 AM »

What the fuck??

No, it doesn't piss me off... if something like this pissed me off, I would be complaining that Welcome to the Jungle gets played at every fuckin' sporting event for the past decade. It's the best thing Axl has done in a long time, and lending a song to a video game like GTA is certainly not "whoring it out".

Yeh good shout! I cant believe people are moaning about it!! GnR are getting decent coverage via a T.V advert and people think its wrong!! Axl cant win!! If he doesent do anything he gets moaned at and if he does something he gets moaned at!!!

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #428 on: November 27, 2004, 09:27:21 AM »

I blew out the bong smoke n' told my girlfriend to shut the fuck up, (it was Gunners, she knew i was serious)

rofl Classic!!

btw: i have played the game almost through now, and i have heard jungle many times, to me it's the same, good old wttj!

It seems every other commerical break leads into the Grand Theft Auto commerical with WTTJ playing in the background.? It pisses me off that Guns N' Roses is being whored out like this.? I know that Axl serves as a DJ voice in the game and I know the game itself is pretty kickass.? However, I (as I'm sure many of you) feel that GN'R are kind of my special thing.? I know they were mainstream and I know everyone knows of them, but you'd be amazed at how many people my age (early-mid 20s) have no fucking clue what songs they played.? I was at a party last week playing a game involving naming songs, and when I brought up paradise city these girls had no clue what the song was or who even wrote it.? While I know this obviously wouldn't be the case with people in their mid-early 30s, it is the younger audience that is going to make or break Chinese Democracy when it is released.? Since the majority of consumers of GTA will be teenagers and young adults, I think that the overuse of WWTJ is gonna tire the young audience and possibly turn them off to any future GN'R releases; meaning Chinese Democracy.? Conversely, one could argue that the commercialization of WTTJ could lead the youth to pursue other songs by GNR and discover the genius of AFD and the UYIs, however since Emimen and Britney Roll Eyes represent the taste of today's generation I find this unlikely.? I know plenty of you will disagree with me on this, but I think that GTA whoring out WTTJ takes away from the meaning and depth of GN'R.? Just my opinion, your thoughts and opinions are welcome.

first of all i don't think one single comercial of that caliber can overuse wttj, it's not like jamba or anything close to that he he. i mean, guns never appear on anything unless it's really fucking special so i think most can agree on the fact that guns hasn't been whored out commercially, and imo gta5 is one of those special things that guns should appear on.... it's not a best seller, it's a fucking record braker, the game is vintage classic or something... plus wttj is what, 18 years old

And a good thing about it could be that the names gn'r and w. axl rose comes to the attention of 15million young gamers(at lest those who scam the booklet). With those two names fresh in their minds and a new gn'r record out, gh and vr has had their wirl, could be pretty good timeing if you ask me. Shocked

Plus, as a guns fan, it was pretty fucking cool to hear the dj comments and wttj too ok
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 09:33:33 AM by erose » Logged

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
aRs
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #429 on: November 27, 2004, 05:03:23 PM »

It's very good hear the voice of Axl, 10 years ago the finish of Guns N' Roses. rofl

The best Guns N' Roses brazilian forum
www.gnrsuicide.cjb.net
SADIS
« Reply #430 on: December 14, 2004, 05:20:20 AM »

I saw the commercial for the game yesterday on TV here in Holland. I didn't read the thread because it's 22 pages long so I don't know if this has already been brought up but; is that the original WTTJ that is used?

It sounded different to me, especially the drums. Maybe it's just edited a little for TV but could it be they used the re-recorded version?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #431 on: December 14, 2004, 05:39:51 AM »

the afd disc availble now is terrible and ultra-clear imo

it sounds like they fix some of that on gh and this game,...

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #432 on: December 14, 2004, 01:41:57 PM »

Weirdest Reappearance by a Recluse Whose Next Album IsTen Years Overdue

Axl Rose in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

With all the hype surrounding the presidential election. it's okay if you missed the other big story of 2004: the release of Axl Rose's first newly recorded material in more than five years. But don't go looking for it in your local music store unless they also carry PlayStation2 games. While you're gang-banging and gat-blasting your way through the streets of the new Grand Theft Auto. The Guns N' Roses frontman can be heard as the voice of radio DJ Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith.

Though some of the songs an his playlist aren't quite up to the standards of "Paradise City" (Toto's "Hold the line"? Rod Stewart's "Young Turks"?), check out the patter: "Music may not be the food of love, but it certainly is the food of anonymous sex n swimming pools'; or "For those of you just coming to consciousness next to an ugly chick in strange underwear. Run the hell out and get to the clinic." Um. thanks for the advice.

Source: Spin magazine

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 01:44:57 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #433 on: December 14, 2004, 11:09:17 PM »

I swear I really wasn't watching this show... I just happened to be switching channels but...

GTA: San Andreas just won the Video Game of the Year Award on Spike TV

Edited to add:? it also won in the categories of Best Action Game and Best Soundtrack and Best Performance By A Human Male: Samuel L. Jackson (GTA: SA)
source:? Spiketv.com
http://www.spiketv.com/events/vga2004/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 11:36:42 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #434 on: December 15, 2004, 05:23:31 AM »

They should have used Madagascar.? Like when the car is going off a cliff or someone is being shot in the game and it's supposed to be sentimental Axl's voice should pop on and say "I can't find my way back my waayyyy anymoooreee."

The game is set in the early nineties, Madagascar hasn't been around that long.

badapple81
« Reply #435 on: December 15, 2004, 05:28:40 AM »

No it doesn't piss me off that WTTJ is being used. It's great promotion to give the public a reminder of Guns N' Roses.. whats so bad about that?
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #436 on: January 12, 2005, 01:59:42 PM »

Sorry if this is already common knowlege, but I saw a GTA/SA commercial that had WTTJ, Intro and first few verses of the song, last night.

I know everyone knows that Axl did the voice of one of the DJ's in the game, but had you seen this commercial with WTTJ in it?

Just wondering since we still have no news or anything else of substance to post about.......  crying
takeshi
« Reply #437 on: January 12, 2005, 05:08:31 PM »

Sorry if this is already common knowlege, but I saw a GTA/SA commercial that had WTTJ, Intro and first few verses of the song, last night.

I know everyone knows that Axl did the voice of one of the DJ's in the game, but had you seen this commercial with WTTJ in it?

Just wondering since we still have no news or anything else of substance to post about.......? crying

Yeah, we noticed that a month ago. Roll Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #438 on: January 12, 2005, 07:23:17 PM »

I think it's a real cool commercial too Nick. You can download the promo commercial at the offical site.

http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/

.....then click on movies. ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #439 on: January 12, 2005, 09:40:07 PM »

ok... i have read a lot of this thread... prob most of it... but not all of it so I don't know if this has been posted
anyway...

if you go to imdb.com (internet movie data base)
and do a search for Axl Rose
he is credited for his performance in GTA
it is an acting credit  ok
i just thought that was pretty cool to see  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: