Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:44:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227799 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Epiphone LPs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Epiphone LPs  (Read 144896 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2005, 07:39:59 PM »

my friend left his epiphone les paul up here and i hate it

i have about 500.00 bucks to spend on a guitar and i have no clue what to get

any help or suggestions for my style?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2005, 01:51:45 AM »

i think a telecaster might be good, get a second hand american one or a brand new mexican one.

they're like the do it all guitar, they can do anything decently.

what guitar do you have atm?
Nate29
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2005, 12:47:16 AM »

I have a LP Standard Bass never had a problem with it I have never dealt with their guitars though, I would look into the Fender Telecaser custom from MF It has 2 humbuckers might be what you are looking for.
guns_n_posers
Opening Act

Here Today...coming back in april 2005.yeah right!

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2005, 09:15:23 AM »

ive got a Epiphone Les paul black beutey. It has 3 gold humbuckers fitted and sounds sweet as fuck. Slash made me wanna get a les paul. The third humbucker gives it a very bluesy tone when needed

"Lost in the garden of eden"
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2005, 08:39:08 AM »

my friend left his epiphone les paul up here and i hate it

i have about 500.00 bucks to spend on a guitar and i have no clue what to get

any help or suggestions for my style?

I also have this guitar.. The Epiphone LP.... Its a good guitar for what it is but i dont really play it very much at all... I actually prefer my Squier Strat over it.....

My absolute favorite guitar is my ESP Kirk Hammet style  24 fret black solid body.....

While i dont really like the epiphone LP i would buy an Epiphone guitar again...  Im looking at an Epiphone or an Ibanez Bass guitars now..

whats ur style?? the ESP guitar is really comfortable to hold and one thing i like about it is the back of the neck stock is really smooth and easy to slide my thumb across... I fount the Epiphone had a "sticky" feel...   
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2005, 04:24:48 PM »

They rock and are alot cheaper than Gibsons - i knew a guy who made bass guitars for The Who bassist and he said apart from the pickups they were pretty much just as good as Gibsons if you got the Standard or higher.

Riot In Everyone!
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2005, 06:24:08 PM »

Anyone interested in LP copies should try out Agiles.  www.rondomusic.com  These guitars are less  than Epi's and are made from solid Mahogany and set necks.  I've owned the epi LPs and the Agiles smoke them.  i own three of these Agiles.  Check the Harmony Central reviews on the Agile AL 2500.  In some ways they have less defect than actual LP's.  Check em out and tell me what you think.

Slashisthebest
Headliner

Best Record Ever Made, Plain and Simple!

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2005, 03:49:17 AM »

i personally love my les paul, its fuckin great.  i think it plays alot better then a ton of guitars out there even some gibsons, but its cause i treat the wood so its always smooth n hella easy to play. they sound great with blues breaker pedals too

Top Hat + Bottle of Jack + Les Paul + Marshall Jubilee Stack = Slash
dominator
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2005, 11:10:58 AM »

Well, I have an Epiphone Standard that I just got recently. It's a pretty good guitar. It's my second guitar, and it sounds really awesome. The guy that had it before me (I got it used) put in Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio pickups, so it really rocks.

On the other hand, it doesn't really play all that great. Even after a professional setup, the action is a little high, and the frets still buzz in some places, but at least I can't hear it through the amp. I would say, it's a decent guitar, but overpriced. I wouldn't recommend buying one unless you can get it cheap and used with replacement pickups, since I keep hearing everywhere that the stock ones are crap, although I've never actually tried them because the original owner threw them out or something.

Oh, and the finish also looks wicked too... I dunno what the guy did with it, but it looks almost as nice as some of the Gibsons I've seen around. It's just, so, shiny.  Wink Cheesy
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2005, 10:23:09 AM »

Well, I have an Epiphone Standard that I just got recently. It's a pretty good guitar. It's my second guitar, and it sounds really awesome. The guy that had it before me (I got it used) put in Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio pickups, so it really rocks.

On the other hand, it doesn't really play all that great. Even after a professional setup, the action is a little high, and the frets still buzz in some places, but at least I can't hear it through the amp. I would say, it's a decent guitar, but overpriced. I wouldn't recommend buying one unless you can get it cheap and used with replacement pickups, since I keep hearing everywhere that the stock ones are crap, although I've never actually tried them because the original owner threw them out or something.

Oh, and the finish also looks wicked too... I dunno what the guy did with it, but it looks almost as nice as some of the Gibsons I've seen around. It's just, so, shiny.? Wink Cheesy

With the fret buzzing and the high action, I would suggest a truss rod adjustment and heightening the bridge.  If you are unsure on how to do that, take it to a professional.  You could possibly break your neck on the guitar screing around with the truss rod.  You said you took it to a professional already.  Doesn't sound like he did a good job.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 10:29:41 AM by Thorazine Shuffle » Logged

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2005, 05:50:15 PM »

On the other hand, it doesn't really play all that great. Even after a professional setup, the action is a little high, and the frets still buzz in some places,
Just gets your frets ground and re-crowned.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2005, 08:32:39 PM »

Stickying this, we have loads of topics about Epiphone Les Pauls, too many.

Well I did look first.? Plus the search function on this site doesn't work.? Didn't have much of a choice.

Aero, I was under the impression BC Rich and Ibanez were for heavier material than I am used to playing.? I'm much more into blues-rock guitaring.

Zoso Jade from the Zeppelin forum?
anyways, Don't buy BC rich unless you want to buy new pickups. they are worse then Epiphone. The neck thrus are good. But they are normally used by metal guitarists like Kerry King. Slash has a really nice Mockingbird supreme made to his specs. The supremes are supreme, but they cost as much as a LP by Gibson.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2005, 08:35:10 PM »

slash did start with a bc rich warlok... he also used a mockingbird (famous for YCBM) and he uses the bitch model for some VR shows...

tracii guns also uses BC Rich...

Ibanez guitars are REALLY versatile guitars, I own one and I can play gnr perfectly. just plug it into a marshall amp and that's all... you can also consider that you can put any pickup you want when you want in the future...

When did Slash ever say he had a warlock? He said his first good guitar was a Mockingbird.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2005, 06:11:48 AM »

if you already have a guitar, save your money untill you can afford a used gibson... if you don't have a guitar, get the cheapest lp copy you can find and then save money for a used gibson...  yes ok

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2005, 09:34:24 AM »

Stickying this, we have loads of topics about Epiphone Les Pauls, too many.

Well I did look first.? Plus the search function on this site doesn't work.? Didn't have much of a choice.

Aero, I was under the impression BC Rich and Ibanez were for heavier material than I am used to playing.? I'm much more into blues-rock guitaring.

Zoso Jade from the Zeppelin forum?
anyways, Don't buy BC rich unless you want to buy new pickups. they are worse then Epiphone. The neck thrus are good. But they are normally used by metal guitarists like Kerry King. Slash has a really nice Mockingbird supreme made to his specs. The supremes are supreme, but they cost as much as a LP by Gibson.

Agreed about BC Rich sucking, unless you can afford the expensive Mockingbirds.  The reason the BC Rich sucks is because of the Agathis bodies that company uses.  Thats pretty much the worst and cheapest wood that you can use for guitar.  No tone at all.

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2005, 06:50:52 PM »

When did Slash ever say he had a warlock? He said his first good guitar was a Mockingbird.
Actually he said his first good guitar was a BC Rich I'm not sure if he ever mentioned in any interviews what type it was, but judging from the photo's in the AFD sleeve, it was a Warlock.

On the subject of Les Paul copies, you shoulc buy a Schecter.  You can get 24 3/4" scale necks, with mahogany set neck, mahogany bodies and thcik flame maple caps with tone-pros bridges and grover tuners all for a lot less than a gibson studio.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2005, 02:41:18 AM »

Hey all, just thought i'd give some input to this.

I own a Black Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and i assure you it is great. Me and my guitar teacher both agree that the only difference between this and the Gibson is the quality of the pickups, but, hell, they're still GOOD.  It plays better than any Fender model ive played, including the Mexican Strat shit. The finish also happens to rock, and besides the pickups and brand name, you really would think its a Gibson.I had some small fret buzzing initially, but after making the bridge a 'lil higher on each side, it now plays like a dream.

Buy a Standard, they are well worth it! Cheesy

JonesLloyd
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2005, 08:58:51 AM »

i have one, i really like it and it does the job for me cos im not in a band or anything, i just like to play in my spare time, sure the equipments not as good as on a gibson which is probably why my pickup selector is playing up a bit but its prob just a loose wire or sumtin
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2005, 09:28:24 AM »

I'm thinking of buying an Richwood RE-Series Les Paul Model just for the fun of it and cause it looks so freakin good Smiley......has anyone got any experience with this guitar?
darkmonth
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2005, 09:09:40 AM »

They rock and are alot cheaper than Gibsons - i knew a guy who made bass guitars for The Who bassist and he said apart from the pickups they were pretty much just as good as Gibsons if you got the Standard or higher.

Sorry, that's totally untrue.  I have owned an Epi for 6 years and then Gibson.  The Epi Les Paul Standard is no where near as good as the Gibson Les Paul Standard.

However... still good guitars!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: