Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  SUPER BOWL SUNDAY
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SUPER BOWL SUNDAY  (Read 17758 times)
Dust N Rose
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2005, 05:42:28 PM »

He's right. Typing in all caps is considering as shouting.

In his defense... only geeks would know this. So if nothing else, consider yourself not a geek by not knowing this... no need to apologize.

Every person that has once chatted in his life (with mirc for example) knows that. It's not that secret thing. I knew that, no I didn't read any f.a.q. but I was kicked out once from a chat for that reason.  Tongue

Anyway, superbowl will be aired from MTV or VH1 perhaps?
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2005, 05:44:50 PM »

***HELP***

what time would the half time show be on (Central time) and what station carries it?
PLEASE HELP ME!

it should be on fox and/or cbs.. its on at 6:30pm eastern.. dunno about central

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2005, 06:12:55 PM »

its on fox 6:30 eastern 5:30 central 4:30 mountain 3:30 pacific

halftime show should come on around 8:15 eastern or 7:15 central

turn it on about 7 central and watch the last of the 2nd quarter! ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2005, 09:28:34 PM »

Well, atleast there is one positive thing about this rumor.  There is nothing that suggests that GNR will definately not be there.   

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
BeefyD
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2005, 11:22:01 PM »

He just said he was going to take the band out and "rock," and that he didn't want to spoil any surprises. Undecided

Now I'm sad for Paul... according to the thread about Motley Crue posted here, "just rocking" is apparently a bad thing.

Anyhow, from PMC's message boards, the news is:

SUPER BOWL SET LIST SPOILER!!!!

Paul rehearsed "Drive My Car," "Get Back," "Live and Let Die" and "Hey Jude." McCartney still may surprise fans on Sunday with his final set list. The band is playing live. No lip-synching! No tape delay.

Paul will wear a red shirt, black jeans and a black jacket (which he will remove after "Get Back"). "Live and Let Die" will be loaded with fireworks and special effects.

Macca (Paul) has been flying in and out of the Jacksonville airport to a house he rented on the ocean.
Seeing as GnR's version has tons of fireworks too, I would love to see a duet.

Then, at the end, Axl's says, "Round Two", throws the mic, accidentally hitting Terrell Owens on the ankle, rendering him useless for the 2nd half, where the Patriots regain the lead and win their third Superbowl in four years.  Thanks a lot, Axl.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2005, 12:07:24 AM »

You've got one thing right, Patriots will win. Axl showing up that's wishful thing, I like it..

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2005, 02:40:10 AM »

Thanks for that info, Beefy.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2005, 07:41:39 AM »

Well, atleast there is one positive thing about this rumor.? There is nothing that suggests that GNR will definately not be there.? ?

Unfortunately, now there is http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/04/tv.superbowlhalftime.ap/index.html

According to CNN, McCartney will be "the only halftime performer." Perhaps it's smoke, but I highly doubt it. It's not going to happen.? Cry

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2005, 09:06:41 AM »

do u guys really belive Axl will be there?Huh He wont, u are just gonna let yourself down agian!  rant

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2005, 09:49:25 AM »

I guess we'll have a new thread about another possible Axl/GN'R appearance on Monday?

The only surprise appearance that actually happened was the 2002 VMAs and we knew about that in advance.

Axl appearing with Gilby, visiting a club or getting arrested weren't televised so I didn't include those....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2005, 12:15:58 PM »

I guess we'll have a new thread about another possible Axl/GN'R appearance on Monday?

The only surprise appearance that actually happened was the 2002 VMAs and we knew about that in advance.

Axl appearing with Gilby, visiting a club or getting arrested weren't televised so I didn't include those....

/jarmo

I joined this site after the 2002 act.  How did you guys no about what was going on?

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2005, 12:27:35 PM »

/jarmo

I joined this site after the 2002 act.? How did you guys no about what was going on?
  I don't remember anything official about it, but there was ALOT of speculation. Then again, there's ALOT of speculation about every major musical event.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
lrers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2005, 12:49:46 PM »

He's right. Typing in all caps is considering as shouting.

In his defense... only geeks would know this. So if nothing else, consider yourself not a geek by not knowing this... no need to apologize.

Every person that has once chatted in his life (with mirc for example) knows that. It's not that secret thing. I knew that, no I didn't read any f.a.q. but I was kicked out once from a chat for that reason.? Tongue

Anyway, superbowl will be aired from MTV or VH1 perhaps?
Hello guys, i found this interesting and you dont mentioned it here. I'm from Venezuela, and reading a sports paper this morning ive found that MTV 2 will be relaunched tomorrow airing the Superbowl or maybe the halftime really i dont know and dont have the time to make a search for it, so lets hope something good happens for us there...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2005, 01:04:36 PM »

I joined this site after the 2002 act.? How did you guys no about what was going on?

Meanwhile, the morning of the MTV Video Music Awards on Thursday (Aug. 29) had all the industry abuzz over the rumored GNR show-closing performance. A source tells us that the band was given a full eight minutes to do their thing ? we'll soon see!

That was posted at CDNOW.com on the day of the VMAs. Back then, CDNOW used to have a music news section.

Also, at the pre-show Pink mentioned Buckethead and Axl.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2005, 01:23:58 PM »

Meanwhile, the morning of the MTV Video Music Awards on Thursday (Aug. 29) had all the industry abuzz over the rumored GNR show-closing performance. A source tells us that the band was given a full eight minutes to do their thing ? we'll soon see!

That was posted at CDNOW.com on the day of the VMAs. Back then, CDNOW used to have a music news section.

Also, at the pre-show Pink mentioned Buckethead and Axl.

/jarmo

Yeah, I remember the whole Pink thing, but that was the day of.

Anyhow,  the only reason why I'm thinking GNR might play with McCartney is the fact that no GNR members are busy on Superbowl Sunday, and Paul said that Live and Let Die will be filled with fireworks, and special effects.  This plays right in the hands of GNR.  On their last your, Live and Let Die was filled with special effects, and explosions.  I don't think I have ever seen McCartney perform Live and Let Die with special effects and explosions.

With that said, I still think it will be a long shot to see Axl there, and I'm not getting my hopes up, but I will be watching for it. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2005, 01:43:17 PM »

the only reason why I'm thinking GNR might play with McCartney is the fact that no GNR members are busy on Superbowl Sunday,
I bet they?re all watching Superbowl too. Maybe we can spot them in the crowd.
R. R. Dadfield
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2005, 02:00:25 PM »

I don't think I have ever seen McCartney perform Live and Let Die with special effects and explosions.

He did at the 2004 Glastonbury Festival.  In fact, it was part of a fireworks / special effects sequence, which also included Helter Skelter and The End.  Not that this changes anything.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2005, 02:51:26 PM »

I don't think I have ever seen McCartney perform Live and Let Die with special effects and explosions.

He did at the 2004 Glastonbury Festival.? In fact, it was part of a fireworks / special effects sequence, which also included Helter Skelter and The End.? Not that this changes anything.

Oh   Undecided

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2005, 03:17:21 PM »

He did at the 2004 Glastonbury Festival.  In fact, it was part of a fireworks / special effects sequence, which also included Helter Skelter and The End.  Not that this changes anything.

Oh   Undecided

And when I saw him at Earls Court in 2004, and he used fireworks on a US tour a few years back. ok

They had a TV broadcast in the UK of one of his shows, and Sir Paul introduced LALD by saying something about the song being more popular than ever and he was going to try and cover that version. hihi

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2005, 03:50:48 PM »

A duet of McCartney and Axl would suck.  They don't have voices that would sound good together and they don't sing that song the same way.  It would be as bad as Elton John and Axl singing Bohemian Rhapsody (man that was god-aweful).

Axl will not be singing a duet with Paul tomorrow.  It doesn't make much sense for him to do something as an individual at this point.  He needs to do something with his band members (I mean hired musicians   Roll Eyes ).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: