Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:35:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ozzfest 2005-Ozzfest Ends, More Details On DVD Released
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ozzfest 2005-Ozzfest Ends, More Details On DVD Released  (Read 52074 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2005, 09:43:42 AM »

Cant Wail Till Ozzfest..Anyone else got tickets?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 09:50:06 AM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2005, 04:37:40 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: Will there ever be a new BLACK SABBATH studio album? The question is asked frequently, especially when the legendary quartet regroups to play live, as it will on this summer's Ozzfest. Frontman Ozzy Osbourne told Launch he'd like to do another album with SABBATH, but that it would have to meet a certain standard. "There's talk of us maybe ? maybe, and I say maybe, and I don't want anybody to go 'Oh, here we go again' ? doing a SABBATH album if, and I want to reassure this, if it's up to the same standards as it was before I left. Then we'll do it. But we've tried on a couple of occasions and, for whatever reason, it hasn't worked out."

Osbourne was kicked out of BLACK SABBATH in 1979. He started a successful solo career while the band continued with other singers, including Ronnie James Dio and DEEP PURPLE's Ian Gillan.

SABBATH reunited for a tour and live album in 1997 and has headlined several of the Ozzfest tours.

The group has six European dates scheduled for June before starting Ozzfest 2005 on July 15 in Mansfield, Massachusetts.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2005, 08:56:16 AM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: Since pulling the plug on their MTV reality series, "The Osbournes", Ozzy Osbourne and his family are free of ubiquitous TV camera crews. As he prepares for this year's Ozzfest, Osbourne said that he doesn't miss the constant surveillance. "At first when I started doing 'The Osbournes', it was a lot of fun," he said. "And then things started to happen, like my kids couldn't handle it, I couldn't handle it, my wife got sick with cancer. Wherever you go it's full of somebody with a boom mic or a wire and a camera. You get kind of freaked out, 'cause you start looking around the house for hidden cameras and whatever, you know."

The program chronicled Sharon Osbourne's battle with cancer, as well as younger children Kelly and Jack Osbourne's stints in rehabilitation for drug and alcohol abuse.

Ozzfest 2005 begins on July 15th in Mansfield, Massachusetts. Osbourne will be performing with BLACK SABBATH this year, topping a bill that includes IRON MAIDEN, MUDVAYNE, ROB ZOMBIE and, on the last seven shows, VELVET REVOLVER.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2005, 09:32:06 AM »

ContactMusic.com is reporting that Ozzy Osbourne has assured cynical critics the reformed BLACK SABBATH will steer clear of the recording studio, unless they write a batch of tunes on a par with their rock classics.

The charismatic singer ? who is touring with the band this summer ? is aware a new disc of "half-assed" SABBATH songs will leave music journalists in no doubt they're only back together to make easy money.

However, Osbourne insists if the songwriting skills that launched them to prominence in the 1970s are still there, they may have another album to add to their discography.

He says, "We've grown up, we've all changed. But whether we could make another album together... If we started writing and came up with the next 'Master of Reality' or 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath', I'd be a fucking idiot not to put it out.

"But I will not do a new SABBATH album just because of the name. I don't wanna do something half-assed and have everybody go, 'Oh, they only did it for the money...'"

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2005, 02:27:27 PM »

Ozzfest 2005 has scheduled a second date at PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ on July 27. The travelling festival had previously announced a July 26 date at the same location. The complete itinerary is now as follows:

Jul. 15 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts
Jul. 17 - Hartford, CT @ CTNOW.com Meadows Music Centre
Jul. 19 - Camden, NJ @ Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
Jul. 21 - Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
Jul. 23 - Burgettstown, PA @ Post Gazette Pavilion
Jul. 24 - Bristow, VA @ Nissan Pavilion
Jul. 26 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
Jul. 27 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center
Jul. 30 - Tinley Park, IL @ Tweeter Center Chicago
Jul. 31 - Noblesville, IN @ Verizon Wireless Music Center
Aug. 02 - Columbus, OH @ Germain Amphitheater
Aug. 04 - Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
Aug. 06 - East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
Aug. 07 - Somerset, WI @ Float-Rite Amphitheatre
Aug. 11 - Auburn, WA @ White River Amphitheatre
Aug. 13 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
Aug. 14 - Marysville, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre
Aug. 16 - West Valley City, UT @ USANA Amphitheatre
Aug. 18 - Phoenix, AZ @ Cricket Pavilion
Aug. 20 - San Bernardino, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion at Glen Helen
Aug. 23 - Albuquerque, NM @ Journal Pavilion
Aug. 25 - Dallas, TX @ Smirnoff Music Center
Aug. 27 - Woodlands, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Aug. 28 - Selma, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
Aug. 31 - Antioch, TN @ Starwood Amphitheatre
Sep. 02 - Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Charlotte
Sep. 04 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheatre

Ozzfest 2005 billing:

Main Stage:

BLACK SABBATH
IRON MAIDEN (July 15 ? Aug. 20)
VELVET REVOLVER (Aug. 23 ? Sep. 4)
MUDVAYNE
SHADOWS FALL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY
IN FLAMES

Second Stage:

ROB ZOMBIE
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
AS I LAY DYING
MASTODON
A DOZEN FURIES
THE HAUNTED
ARCH ENEMY
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
BURY YOUR DEAD
IT DIES TODAY
SOILWORK
TRIVIUM
GIZMACHI

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2005, 04:34:54 PM »

I've now got me a ticket for the Ozzfest Day at the Download Festival at Castle Donington in June. peace

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2005, 04:36:35 PM »

According to Germany's Rock Hard magazine, EMI will be releasing a brand-new IRON MAIDEN "live box" CD/DVD set, entitled "Death on the Road", on August 29. No further information is currently available.

IRON MAIDEN will co-headline this summer's Ozzfest with BLACK SABBATH beginning on July 15 in Mansfield, Massachusetts. The band will drop off the trek on August 20 due to touring commitments in Europe.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2005, 04:15:10 PM »

IRON MAIDEN have confirmed they are to release a double DVD and live album titled "Death On The Road" through EMI Records on August 29, 2005.

The show was filmed at the Westfalenhalle Arena, Dortmund, Germany during the "Dance of Death" European tour in December 2003 and fully captures the magnificent stage production and electricity of the band?s performance. Steve Harris once again took weeks personally editing the footage, and like "Rock in Rio", this means thousands of cuts right into the heart of the action.

Says Steve Harris, "The shows on that tour were perhaps far more theatrical than some of our recent tours so it has a very different feel than that of, say, 'Rock in Rio', which was a massive festival environment. The 115-minute show was originally filmed by Viva TV in Germany to broadcast across their national TV network a few days afterwards. However TV and DVD are always very different, mainly owing to the time restrictions. So we've spent time starting from the bare bones to create a full-length concert feature that captures the excitement of the show but also the drama as well. I think when people see songs like 'Paschendale' and 'Dance Of Death' they?ll be blown away by the spectacle. At the same time there are some great moments in 'Journeyman' that I think will surprise a few people. IRON MAIDEN with acoustic guitars?! I'm really happy with the end result as it captures the dark and lighter moments perfectly."

The album and PCM Stereo / 5.1 Surround sound for the DVD has been mixed and produced by Kevin "Caveman" Shirley and co-produced, as always, by Steve Harris.

The double DVD also features a full 70-minute documentary directed by Matthew Amos charting the album's creation and then subsequent preparations for the following tour. The feature length program includes candid and personal footage of the band during the recording and writing of the album, which is the first time it's ever been filmed.

Says manager Rod Smallwood, "The documentary is something quite special for the fans as it really is a very revealing portrait of how MAIDEN work together recording and it took me hours to persuade them to let the cameras in the recording studio. Previously they'd never allowed any of that to be filmed but this time we decided to have a camera floating around to try and capture the MAIDEN recording process. A lot of it was filmed by the Kevin Shirley and the band themselves. I think it's a great representation of the talent, effort and humour of a MAIDEN recording session. The documentary also covers what it takes to set up a major world tour and has various interviews with our Killer Krew and hopefully it will be as insightful and interesting as the well received 'Early Days' documentary footage.

"As usual we have crammed as much as possible into the DVDs with a host of extras including all of the promo videos from the album, footage of the band performing in South America, background interviews with members of the production crew and fans along the tour, artwork and photo galleries. Many hours of MAIDEN mayhem.

"Like 'Rock in Rio' we have again decided to release a DVD and CD. Those who have DVD players will presumably opt for the DVD but we wanted to ensure all fans could get at least the audio of this tour and many countries of the world do not have widespread capacity to play DVDs."

The full set list from the show is:

01. Wildest Dreams
02. Wrathchild
03. Can I Play With Madness
04. Trooper
05. Dance Of Death
06. Rainmaker
07. Brave New World
08. Paschendale
09. Lord Of The Flies
10. No More Lies
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
14. Journeyman
15. The Number Of The Beast
16. Run To The Hills

The release of the DVD and live album coincides with IRON MAIDEN's headlining performance at this year's Reading and Leeds Festivals which sold out within hours of going on sale. Reading Festival holds a special place in MAIDEN history. The band played their first headlining show there in 1980 and the following year a certain Bruce Dickinson was famously approached backstage for the job of vocalist before returning in 1982 for IRON MAIDEN's second headlining appearance, this time as the front man.

The Reading and Leeds appearances will complete their busy summer touring schedule that includes top billing at major European Festivals and their own headlining stadium dates like their record breaking show in Gothenburg at the 55,000-capacity Ullevi Stadium that sold out in a mere two and a half hours. Just prior to Reading and Leeds the band will be joining BLACK SABBATH on Ozzfest in North America, plus a handful of arena headline dates.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2005, 04:15:41 PM »

ABC ePrep reports: ROB ZOMBIE says he's hoping to wrap up work on his next album after he finishes this summer's Ozzfest tour. He says he had originally wanted to finish the disk before the outing, but he simply doesn't have time.

Among the people who have played on the record so far are LIMP BIZKIT guitarist Wes Borland, M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee and A PERFECT CIRCLE drummer Josh Freese. Former MARILYN MANSON guitarist John 5, who just joined Zombie's touring band, will also contribute to the album.

Zombie will headline the second stage of this summer's Ozzfest, beginning on July 15 in Mansfield, Massachusetts.

Zombie's second movie as a director, "The Devil's Rejects", opens in theatres on July 22.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2005, 03:53:36 PM »

According to EMI Spain, IRON MAIDEN are contemplating the release of "The Trooper" CD single to launch their upcoming "Eddie Rips Up The World Tour". The single may also serve as the promo single for the forthcoming "Death on the Road" DVD/CD, to be released on August 29.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2005, 07:43:16 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: MUDVAYNE wraps up its current North American tour on May 18 in South Carolina, after which the band heads to Europe for a month before returning home to kick off Ozzfest with BLACK SABBATH and IRON MAIDEN. MUDVAYNE bassist Ryan Martinie told Launch what aspect of Ozzfest the band is most looking forward to. "We're ready for MAIDEN, which is the biggest surprise, I think, to us ever, as well as, like, the biggest honor, I would say, beside the fact that we've opened for METALLICA and OZZY," he said. "We can pretty much close the book on bands that, you know, we've always dreamed of opening for. You know, I mean, what else do you say?"

MUDVAYNE will perform its current single, "Happy?", on NBC-TV's "Late Night With Conan O'Brien" on Friday, May 20.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2005, 07:44:53 PM »

SLIPKNOT have been added to the San Bernardino Ozzfest date on August 20. The Des Moines-based nine-piece will be playing the San Bernardino date ONLY. The KNOT will go on between MUDVAYNE and IRON MAIDEN on the main stage. You can see the commercial for the date with SLIPKNOT in it on the Ozzfest.com Oz TV page.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2005, 08:48:11 PM »

Rob Zombie recently spoke to RollingStone.com about his in-progress third album. The follow-up to 2001's "The Sinister Urge" features the shock rocker backed by an all-star band: guitarist Wes Borland (LIMP BIZKIT), drummer Tommy Lee (M?TLEY CR?E) and bassist Chris Chaney (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION).

"It's very raw and very live," says Zombie. He's worked up about twenty-five songs for the album so far and plans to return to the studio in the fall when he finishes his stint on this summer's Ozzfest.

The rocker-turned-filmmaker's second movie, "The Devil's Rejects", hits theaters July 22. The sequel to Zombie's 2003 blood-soaked "House of 1000 Corpses" is more violent and more psychologically intense than his first film. Unlike the first installment, which featured an original soundtrack by Zombie, this slasher will showcase the rootsy stylings of the ALLMAN BROTHERS and LYNYRD SKYNYRD.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2005, 04:55:43 PM »

Rob Zombie told Launch Radio Networks that it's too early to tell what direction his next solo album is going to take. "You know, it's not done yet, so it's really hard to say," he said. "I mean, for the first time ever, I have about 26 songs in some state. Usually I have exactly what's on the record. This time there's a lot more songs, they're a lot more varied in style and vibe and sound, but the main thing is, all of it is live band work. There's no computer-generated things. That I'm not doing this time."

Zombie told RollingStone.com last week that he'll wait until after he's done touring on Ozzfest at the end of the summer to resume working on his third solo album. Zombie has been recording the disc in fits and starts over the last year, but also took time out to direct his second film, "The Devil's Rejects".

Among the people who have played on the record so far are LIMP BIZKIT guitarist Wes Borland, M?TLEY CR?E drummer Tommy Lee and A PERFECT CIRCLE drummer Josh Freese. Former MARILYN MANSON guitarist John 5, who just joined Zombie's touring band, will also contribute to the project.

Zombie will headline the second stage at this summer's Ozzfest, which begins on July 15 in Mansfield, Massachusetts.

"The Devil's Rejects", which stars Sid Haig, Bill Moseley, Sheri Moon Zombie, and a number of horror film veterans, opens in theatres on July 22.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2005, 06:58:43 AM »

According to Ozzfest.com, WICKED WISDOM ? the five-piece band featuring actress Jada Pinkett Smith (wife of Will Smith) ? has been confirmed as the final "mystery act" on the second stage of this year's Ozzfest.

The band, which includes "Pocket" on guitar, "Rio" on bass, Cameron Graves on keys, Satnam Ramgotra on drums, and Jada performing the lead vocals, reportedly has a rock edge with a slight metal influence. Background singers Devin Vasquez and La Shanda Dendy are said to be "a perfect complement" to Jada's strong persona.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2005, 03:40:07 PM »

Chris Harris of MTV.com has issued the following report:

In one of the most unusual summer-tour pairings in recent memory, the Ozzfest Web site announced Monday night that there will be one final act added to this year's second-stage lineup: actress Jada Pinkett Smith's rock group, WICKED WISDOM.

The addition of the Christian-leaning rock-and-soul hybrid to a summer touring package that boasts ferocious metal merchants like BLACK SABBATH, IRON MAIDEN, SHADOWS FALL, MUDVAYNE, IN FLAMES and THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER is unexpected, to say the least.

WICKED WISDOM is an EVANESCENSE-esque act that Pinkett Smith, the band's frontperson and the wife of actor/rapper Will Smith, has said is influenced by ANI DIFRANCO, PRINCE, TORI AMOS and SEVENDUST. The group also includes a guy named Pocket on guitar, another fellow named Rio on bass, keyboardist Cameron Graves and drummer Satnam Ramgotra. This summer's Ozzfest stint will mark WICKED WISDOM's first North American tour: The group primarily performs club gigs in and around Los Angeles, although it has opened for PAPA ROACH and was the support act for BRITNEY SPEARS' 2004 European tour.

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2005, 03:44:26 PM »

According to MusicTap.net, a new IRON MAIDEN "greatest hits" album, "Essential Iron Maiden", is scheduled for release on July 5.

This best-of album will apparently only be released in North America by Columbia/Legacy in conjunction with the band's appearance at this year's Ozzfest. 30-second commercials will feature on Fuse and MTV2.

"Essential Iron Maiden" track listing:

Disc One:

01. Paschendale
02. Rainmaker
03. The Wicker Man
04. Brave New World
05. Futureal
06. The Clansman
07. Sign of the Cross
08. Man on the Edge
09. Be Quick or Be Dead
10. Fear of the Dark (Live)
11. Holy Smoke
12. Bring Your Daughter... To The Slaughter
13. The Clairvoyant

Disc Two:

01. The Evil That Men Do
02. Wasted Years
03. Heaven Can Wait
04. 2 Minutes To Midnight
05. Aces High
06. Flight of the Icarus
07. The Trooper
08. The Number of the Beast
09. Run To The Hills
10. Wrathchild
11. Killers
12. Phantom of the Opera
13. Running Free (live)
14. Iron Maiden (live from Dance of Death tour, previously unreleased)

The CD booklet will include extensive liner notes, detailed discography and rare photos.

All music is digitally remastered from the original master tapes.

This double CD will come out only two months ahead of the new IRON MAIDEN CD and DVD, entitled "Death on the Road".

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2005, 09:43:18 PM »

OZZFEST 2005

Main Stage
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Mystery Band (Believed to be Anthrax)
Shadows Fall
Black Label Society

Second Stage
Rob Zombie
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying
Mastodon
A Dozen Furies
The Haunted
In Flames
Arch Enemy
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER
Bury Your Dead
It Dies Today
SoilWork
Trivium

A dozen furies... is that the band who actually appeared on BATTLE FOR OZZFEST the reality show?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2005, 01:13:58 PM »

i cant beleive crappy silpknot have gotten in it, possiblie one of the lamest so called metal bands ever.

Wish i could go to the show to see VR, Iron maiden and BLS though. But its in america. Damn you americans lol getting the goodness of these lvie acts.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2005, 03:31:11 PM »

i cant beleive crappy silpknot have gotten in it, possiblie one of the lamest so called metal bands ever.

Wish i could go to the show to see VR, Iron maiden and BLS though. But its in america. Damn you americans lol getting the goodness of these lvie acts.

Slipknot was added to ONE show

According to a post at MaidenFans.com, a song from IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson's upcoming solo album, "Tyranny of Souls", will be featured on the official CD sampler that will be released as part of the marketing campaign to advertise this year's Ozzfest festival. No further information is currently available about which track will be included on the CD.

"Tyranny of Souls" is scheduled for release on May 24 (one day earlier internationally) via Sanctuary Records.

IRON MAIDEN have been confirmed as the co-headliners of Ozzfest 2005, which is scheduled to kick off July 15 in Mansfield, Massachusetts. MAIDEN will be replaced by VELVET REVOLVER on the last seven shows of the tour.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: