Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:58:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver won their first Grammy
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver won their first Grammy  (Read 32178 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2005, 09:47:05 AM »

Does anyone know what "Best Hard Rock Performance" means exactly?? Is it for the video?? or maybe performing the song live?? U2's Vertigo won "Best Rock Song" so what's the difference between 'Best Song' and 'Best Performance' of a song?

Its a tricky distinction, but Best Song is a songwriting award, while Best Performance is, obviously, more about the actual performance.  I beieve thats the distintion, I could be wrong.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2005, 12:56:43 PM »

Scott was only one who's vocal part was great... other singers sucked pretty hard on this one... I think if VR had done this all by themselves it would have been much better. They could do this song on their live shows too? Smiley

true but all the great names involved (wether good or bad) will attract more buyers and that's what it's all about..
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2005, 02:14:20 PM »

Source:? 94.7 Zone

Velvet Revolver says Grammy win not 'vindicating'

When asked if Velvet Revolver feels "vindicated" by the band's Grammy win for Best Hard Rock Performance on Sunday, lead guitarist Slash says he doesn't know if he would quite put it that way. "I guess in some ways it's a little bit vindicating just to have, you know, reached a point where things had got to be so heavy that we all are actually surprised that we're still standing here, or that we're standing here at this point, yeah. So that's a little bit of vindication. But as far as vindicating as far as our music is concerned or what anybody else was thinking along the way...nah, it's just, this is what we wanted to do."

Velvet Revolver begins a tour of Australia and New Zealand on Thursday.

Although no new U.S. shows have been announced yet, several Canadian dates have appeared online at Pollstar.com, beginning on 03.23 in Ottawa, Ontario.

The group plans to enter the studio later this spring to begin recording the follow-up to their 2004 debut, Contraband.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2005, 03:16:16 PM »

so GNR never won a grammy but VR already  have?

Slash looked so fuckin proud in that pic

it must be an amazing feeling to show the world that he doesnt need W Axl Rose to be successful

that was a gigantic fuck you to Axl and im proud that Slash and Duff are successful and doing great

sorry bout the "they shouldve declined comment" i retract my statement

it was pretty cool i guess ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2005, 03:26:33 PM »

that was a gigantic fuck you to Axl and im proud that Slash and Duff are successful and doing great

I know what youre saying, but this doesnt, and shouldnt, have anything to do with Axl.  That goes for everything VR does.  It really doesnt have to be such a competition. 
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2005, 11:44:50 PM »

I know what youre saying, but this doesnt, and shouldnt, have anything to do with Axl.? That goes for everything VR does.? It really doesnt have to be such a competition.?

i agree, but deep down inside I bet they think that just a little

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jgfnsr
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2005, 06:30:24 PM »

whats up with the steven tyler hating?

Steven Tyler is honestly probably the greatest rock singer EVER

What D?  I'm shocked!

And ol' Jon Jon would be too if he ever read what you said above!  hihi
jgfnsr
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2005, 06:50:34 PM »

I know what youre saying, but this doesnt, and shouldnt, have anything to do with Axl.? That goes for everything VR does.? It really doesnt have to be such a competition.?

i agree, but deep down inside I bet they think that just a little

Being as a million+ sales of Contraband and the odd Grammy pales in comparison to their past accomplishments with Axl, as well as to what Axl no doubt hopes to do with his album, I'm not sure it amounts to any semblance of a "fuck you" to Axl.

But if it does, well, we should all probably wait to see how Axl and Chinese Democracy do before we see exactly who has the last "fuck you..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2005, 10:02:20 PM »

i never said Jon was the greatest rock vocalist just that he is grossly underrated as an all around performer,songwriter frontman musician etc etc

id definitely would put tyler and axl in front as far as pure vocal ability

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2005, 10:14:14 PM »

No doubt it was the best grammys in years and years if you delete the first ten minutes of the show,I never expected to watch something like that(live)on today's television, I still can see people here cutting up Bono and Steven Tyler. it just made me so mad after being punished for years of neverending crap that some creep would criticize real musicians when they finally put them back together again on TV.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2005, 06:14:18 AM »

It did sound a bit uneven. But only because they mixed people like Norah Jones and Alicia Keys who dont move away from their comfort zone of music - with the more experienced guys from the rock world who are used to jamming. 

For some reason Stevie seemed a bit off too. And Norah came in after him so that's where it went the shape of the pear. 

But hey to see those rock guys up there was fab.  It would be great to see them in a bar somewhere rocking it out on some classic covers.  Scott looked the business up there - he had definatly been listening to the Bowie cover of the song. But he was great. A Slash solo should have been there instead of the harmonica too for my liking. 

Overall it wasn't perfect but it was great to see.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Bad_Apple
Rocker

Oh my distorted smile

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2005, 07:42:51 PM »

aw crap!  that sux that they didn't broadcast the win!  I recorded the whole show, that way I could fast fwd boring stuff.  Overall it was a good show (a lot of collaborations/tributes!)---I liked the VR & co. performance (although Norah Jones looked odd--she kept flashin her eyes side to side...was she nervous?), the Janis Joplin Tribute, and Alicia Keys was good as well.
I did manage to record the Clive Davis' pre grammy party where I saw clips of Duff & Susan--they looked great as usual. 

CONGRATS for the win, it's always great to be recognized....

"in a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own making; half man, half beast, I don't know what it is, but its weird and its pissed off and it calls itself Slash"
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2005, 08:49:02 PM »

so GNR never won a grammy but VR already  have?

Slash looked so fuckin proud in that pic

it must be an amazing feeling to show the world that he doesnt need W Axl Rose to be successful

sorry bout the "they shouldve declined comment" i retract my statement

it was pretty cool i guess ok

GNR deserved an award back then - nice to see VR pick up the table scraps - hrm where was the Dillinger Escape Plan in this?Huh
too good and too advanced I say,......  All you Axl haters - Stamp your AFD album now and rejoice in the sub-standard trying to be cool velvet revolver - you hate axl afterall - Doesn't need  Axl - try direction, that album is all over the place and full of kurt cobain/(insert metal band here)  cliches
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 08:56:14 PM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2005, 12:10:13 AM »

I did manage to record the Clive Davis' pre grammy party
Here's a pic taken at that party.? Looks like they got Slash in mid-scratch.? hihi

People (magazine) February 28, 2005
Photograph by Art Streiber

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2005, 07:01:30 AM »

Best performance??   I dont get this award....which performance of slither won the grammy??  Someone please explain? peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: