Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:51:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think the ex members get frustrated..?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think the ex members get frustrated..?  (Read 32510 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2005, 03:06:12 PM »

Huh

Maybe. But maybe they should release some songs.
there's a couple of them outhere lol? Tongue? but yeah really, hope it's time 4 them soon, i know it's 4 us? hihi
nytunz, not a rumour, axl said so? ok
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 03:23:41 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2005, 03:08:53 PM »

Huh

Maybe. But maybe they should release some songs.
there a couple of them outhere lol? Tongue? but yeah really, hope it's time 4 them soon, i know it's 4 us? hihi
nytunz, not a rumour, axl said so? ok

yeah, even better  smoking

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2005, 03:10:23 PM »

I don't see how anyone can debate the fact that Axl has released only one original song in 14 years. Any discussion on Axl is purely speculative. Youngun, defending Axl is a losing battle. Without an album, you really have no arguments. Angry

I echo the above, all talk surrounding the Axl/strength of the new band/material is all speculative.

Until (if) there's a release, there's no comparison to base opinions on.

I think some of the faithful here are looking for Axl to come back as the High Priest Of Rock, take back the throne and the like. ?

Simply put, it's not going to happen.

History shows us this, ?the torch is always passed to the young. ?Does anyone in their right mind think
the 43 year old conductor of an 8 piece orchestra will take a place at the forefront of the music scene
in these days of less is more?

Please, no arguments of "If the material merits it he will" propaganda, it's baseless in fact.

I believe an Aerosmith type comeback is more than a possibility, continued success through the twilight of a career would be fantastic. ?

A musical revolution not scene since late '91 in the states or '77 in Great Britain you ask?

Forget about it.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2005, 03:12:15 PM »

I like the old band but I love the new band! headbanger

The question I think about is, where would Slash and Duff be now without Axl. I have always thought that they complimented Axl vey well, but if they had never met Axl, I wonder what would have happened with the pair of them
By contraries my questions are:

1) where would this current band be now, if they had been GNR from the start. I wonder if they would have split up/quitted? Would we be waiting for CD now?

2) why mods haven't moved this thread to the ex guns or the VR section?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2005, 03:22:34 PM »

I don't see much, if any of a future for VR and I don't think deep inside that Slash and Duff see any future for the band.

Really? Huh? ?Care to elaborate?

Yes, please enlighten.

I don't see a future for the band because of the album. Just like it's five o' clock somewhere it's an album that has some catchy riffs and melodies and some cool solos but I just don't feel the music the way I felt when I first heard Appetite, which was a great feeling and when I first listened to Contraband I suppose I was expecting to reicive the same kind of feeling. It, undenyibly (good god how do you spell that), my own fault for expecting Contraband to be anything like Appetite. And in 60 years I doubt kids will remember VR ?the way we remember The Beatles or Elvis. In sixty years however people will probably remember Gn'R ?this is what I meant by future. Anyway these are just my opinions, don't take them seriously and as I said above they've only released their first album so I'm in no position to judge their future? ok

smoking Izzy ?smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2005, 03:25:06 PM »

They didn't release anything since Izzy left either, besides the Spaghetti Incident which was just covers? Smiley

smoking Izzy? smoking

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2005, 03:29:35 PM »

I don't see much, if any of a future for VR and I don't think deep inside that Slash and Duff see any future for the band.

Really? Huh? ?Care to elaborate?

Yes, please enlighten.

I don't see a future for the band because of the album. Just like it's five o' clock somewhere it's an album that has some catchy riffs and melodies and some cool solos but I just don't feel the music the way I felt when I first heard Appetite, which was a great feeling and when I first listened to Contraband I suppose I was expecting to reicive the same kind of feeling. It, undenyibly (good god how do you spell that), my own fault for expecting Contraband to be anything like Appetite. And in 60 years I doubt kids will remember VR ?the way we remember The Beatles or Elvis. In sixty years however people will probably remember Gn'R ?this is what I meant by future. Anyway these are just my opinions, don't take them seriously and as I said above they've only released their first album so I'm in no position to judge their future? ok

smoking Izzy ?smoking

I see what you're saying, although "legacy" might be a more appropriate word instead of "future"..

Fair enough?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2005, 03:33:40 PM »

In sixty years however people will probably remember Gn'R  this is what I meant by future.

Yeah, they will remember the GNR material and legacy started and established by Axl, Slash, Duff and the crew. I promise in 30-40 years if SCOM, Jungle and NR are still being played people who remember will still always think of Slash on guitar and not Robin, so in that respect people will always remember Slash and Duff and Axl. Which is why they can do whatever they want musically now as their legacy is already entrenched in rock history. Everytime Appetitie is heard from now until eternity it will always have Slash's guitar on it, so in that respect he has nothing else to prove.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2005, 03:37:56 PM »

Yeah that's fair enough Falcon ?ok
Also what Naupis said is true unless Axl gets pissed and re-records Appetite with himself on all instruments? hihi
I'm not trying to say Axl is Gn'r on the contrary, I think that Izzy was Gn'r on his own? hihi? hihi

smoking Izzy ?smoking

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2005, 04:14:53 PM »

They didn't release anything since Izzy left either, besides the Spaghetti Incident which was just covers? Smiley

smoking Izzy? smoking

I think Izzy was more talented thar Slash and Duff

My opinion
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2005, 04:37:13 PM »

I express my thoughts pretty clearly on here, I believe, which is why its frustrating to see posts such as the following, which grossly misinterprets and spins what Ive said...

Let me see jealous of poor songs, crappy lyrics. Sure my friend.

No. ?Jealous, perhaps, because of the success these guys have obtained, and the increasingly warm reception from fans and critics theyre getting. ?Something tells me that if the same was occuring to the new GNR (A.K.A. The Side Youve Taken), you (meaning the Axl die-hards) would probably have less to be sour about in regards to the ex-members. ?Unfortunately for all of us, the situation isnt similar for GNR, and I think its reasonable to think that some fans could be envious, especially when many of these fans dont like VR, the ex-members, or their music. ?Ive seen the depths of immaturity displayed on these forums, and its not an unlikely scenario at all.

While you consider yourself always right, others cannot state their opinion

This is what Im saying about being misinterpreted. ?This isnt really about a member simply expressing an opinion, this is a member projecting his opinion of Scott Weiland onto the other VR members to create this fictional internal dilemma that theyre experiencing. ?And its not about my opinion, because Im sharing a fact to answer his question - the fact is that the guys in VR believe that Scott Weiland is the best frontman out there. ?Its an opinion theyve expressed many times. ?And you can disagree, or even suggest theyre lying, but thats irrelevant, because as long they believe that Scotts the best, Youngunners hypothetical "settling for less" notion doesnt exist. ?His post is a transparent reaction to the other thread in which VR was being lauded and Axl was called jealous. ?That thread was about as baseless and silly as this one, by the way.

You know, you remind me of the movie "Head of State", I can even hear you saying: "I'm expert on grammar, I'm never wrong, I have the best musical taste and I'm Sharon Stone's cousin."

confused

Only the ones that belonged on the group, you just have decided to side with somebody.

Its not quite that simple. ?Perhaps it is for some people, but not me.

I advice you if CD comes out; don't buy it, because it's going to be plagued with lyrics of a hasbeen; riffs by a goth(I still don't know why they say that about him, when he didn't use makeup on the 2002 tour) and a nsync player or a yes-man keayboard player, or a know-nothing bass player, and the other freaks.

I think youre confusing me with somebody else, because I dont think Ive expressed any of those opinions. ?Its a fabrication, just like the following quote.

Oh, by the way english is my second language, so you can say that the semantic of the properties of the disjunctive form of the verb is not correct so my full post is just creation of my silly opinions.

I think youve used this before on me...And youre either completely clueless, or a liar. ?You cant find any instances of me using misspellings or grammar errors against anybody. ?Youve made it up. ?ok

Thank you for the lesson of right and wrong. oh I was almost forgetting. you see wht do you think of this lyrics
"The rape of the turtle diskette
in my hershey's bar tank of water
with vomit the abortion of a watch naked
in water boiling jello commanding water flu poop" Doesn't it sound dangerous? ?smoking

It sounds like a poor attempt at satire, which from what I recall, seems to be your forte. ?

True

Once CD is released, we'll be able to compare it to the first Snakepit album and see then who is top of the class

Huh

Yeah, if were making completely arbitrary comparisons? ?The hypothetical was "What if Axl hadnt met Slash," and like your original hypothetical, its pointless. ?Who could ever know "What if...?" ?Whatever the case, Snakepits first album has no logical place in the equation.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 04:43:26 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2005, 04:42:35 PM »

Scott is very talented, as is Axl

The question I think about is, where would Slash and Duff be now without Axl. I have always thought that they complimented Axl vey well, but if they had never met Axl, I wonder what would have happened with the pair of them

One could wonder the same about Axl, what if he'd never collaborated with Slash?

Based on his activity/results since the departure of Slash, one can draw their own conclusions.

True

Once CD is released, we'll be able to compare it to the first Snakepit album and see then who is top of the class

Are you kidding me? Slash has done more than just the first Snakepit cd so how could you make a fair comparison when you are only comparing using only one sample of the work he did without Axl?

I think a much more fair and accurate comparison would be to compare CD to AFD and the Illusions since Axl is still using the GNR name. We seen what he could do with Slash. Let's see what he could do without him.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2005, 04:43:17 PM »

Not at all as Snakepit was not GNR as Slash wasn't going to try and change the world.
thats fine but that doesnt mean a band isnt allowed to challenge themselves and take thier time with their mucis. WHat I hate is this idea that just getting out their and rocking is automatically the right thing to do.

We will compare Axl's next record to the Illusions, as it is the true follow up to GNR's last album of original material. Remember, this is a GNR album, not the Axl solo project(or at least that is the argument of every New GNR fanatic on this board). Slash was having fun with his own stuff, Axl is trying to continue GNR's legacy.
I totally agree.

We can also compare how Axl did with a new set of players to how the ex members did with a new frontman. And then maybe we can finally have an idea of where old gnr stand with each other in terms of being together. Do they need each other, can they pull it off on their own, etc.....

History shows us this, ?the torch is always passed to the young. ?Does anyone in their right mind think
the 43 year old conductor of an 8 piece orchestra will take a place at the forefront of the music scene
in these days of less is more?
Who cares how successful the new band gets. Why is everyone so wrapped up in numbers. Im concerned with the music.
So if that 43 yr old and his 8 piece make an incredible album that can serve justice to the past and possibly be better and blow the current state of music out of the water then who cares if a 15 yr old kid who thinks simple plan and gc are great think GNR are "cool" or not.

Please, no arguments of "If the material merits it he will" propaganda, it's baseless in fact.

I believe an Aerosmith type comeback is more than a possibility, continued success through the twilight of a career would be fantastic. ?

A musical revolution not scene since late '91 in the states or '77 in Great Britain you ask?

Forget about it.
You keep putting new gnr and what their about into this old school comeback category. GNR and any other comeback are not the same. Different goals, marketing etc...

Yeah, they will remember the GNR material and legacy started and established by Axl, Slash, Duff and the crew. I promise in 30-40 years if SCOM, Jungle and NR are still being played people who remember will still always think of Slash on guitar and not Robin, so in that respect people will always remember Slash and Duff and Axl.
You cant completely answer that question until the new material is released. Your saying automatically that the old band will be rememered...and they will..but your dismissing the new band as if they cant simply because the old band is already rememered. Once again, there is a chance gnr can have to great legacies. ! has done it the other hasnt released the material yet.

No.  Jealous, perhaps, because of the success these guys have obtained, and the increasingly warm reception from fans and critics theyre getting.  Something tells me that if the same was occuring to the new GNR (A.K.A. The Side Youve Taken), you (meaning the Axl die-hards) would probably have less to be sour about in regards to the ex-members.
This jealousy idea is ridicoulous and immature. Im truly happy for the old guys. They have had good success. But being that I am a gnr fan, a fan of their old material,a bigtime fan i might add, I judge them on their music not how popular they are. I judge success by music. And imo, the what the ex memebr shave done, is descent but nothing special. You can point to all these non musical content feats but that means jack shit to me.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 04:48:59 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2005, 05:49:24 PM »

In the big wide scheme of things, of course you compare a new gnr album with an old gnr album.

But, in terms of Slash and Axl, I think one should compare the first Axl album without Slash to the first Slash album without Axl. For me, it's a crude comparison to see what input both members have given to gnr historically. The same can be applied to all members.
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »

In the big wide scheme of things, of course you compare a new gnr album with an old gnr album.

But, in terms of Slash and Axl, I think one should compare the first Axl album without Slash to the first Slash album without Axl. For me, it's a crude comparison to see what input both members have given to gnr historically. The same can be applied to all members.

Yeah but the first Slash album without Axl was IFOCS was done merley for fun while waiting for Axl secondly IFOCS was never supposed to be spectacular it was stuff Axl rejected. CD on the other hand has been in the works for a long time compared to IFOCS and it will be? full of Axl's best material and it will be done proffesionally, in my opinion you shouldn't compare the two I see where your comming from though? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2005, 06:11:53 PM »

We can also compare how Axl did with a new set of players to how the ex members did with a new frontman. And then maybe we can finally have an idea of where old gnr stand with each other in terms of being together. Do they need each other, can they pull it off on their own, etc.....

I see how someone can make that argument, but again I just don't think the circumstances are anywhere near the same. Axl has had 10 years and a budget of 13 million dollars to make this project his dream project in every way. Slash and them had to get that record together and get the ball rolling as they didn't have the time and money sitting around Axl did (from the record company) to put together their dream album.
Contraband is a decent album, but I bet if they spent 3-5 years on it without worry of finances and the need to get their band name out there that they would have done more to make it a better album. They were in a hurry to get that show on the road as the documentary showed. They didn't have a record deal they were sitting on from when they were in the biggest band in the world that basically gave them an unlimited set of finances and time in which to create an ultimate album. Not that that would even have been their goal anyway, but it is a whole nother world making a debut album under the circumstances VR did as opposed to the circumstances new GNR are dealing with now.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2005, 06:17:41 PM »

scott may perform a bit...gay but i think hes still a great frontman. Axl WAS a great frontman *with short shorts* but his age has crappened his voice, and he had a operation on his voice also didnt he?

I think VR have done well so far because Scott doesnt have a ego the size of the universe unlike axl whose ego is still rocketing  through the depths of space. I think Axl is quite annoyed with the fact that slash, duff and matt are actually getting somewhere again and he is still in his mansion somewhere in california.

Axls writing abilitie is still unchanged and great though and thats one thing which is still cool about axl.
I mean come on Axl doesnt where those trademark shorts. instead he has lame dreadlocks and basket ball clothes.

html sucks
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2005, 06:21:18 PM »

Yeah but the first Slash album without Axl was IFOCS was done merley for fun while waiting for Axl secondly IFOCS was never supposed to be spectacular it was stuff Axl rejected. CD on the other hand has been in the works for a long time compared to IFOCS and it will be? full of Axl's best material and it will be done proffesionally, in my opinion you shouldn't compare the two I see where your comming from though? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

As pointed out already though, the albums represent the artists. Slash can roll out an album in a few months, whereas Axl, when left to his own devices, obviously takes a few years
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2005, 06:31:46 PM »

Who cares how successful the new band gets. Why is everyone so wrapped up in numbers. Im concerned with the music.
So if that 43 yr old and his 8 piece make an incredible album that can serve justice to the past and possibly be better and blow the current state of music out of the water then who cares if a 15 yr old kid who thinks simple plan and gc are great think GNR are "cool" or not.

I said nothing about numbers. ?

Above you mention the possibility of CD "be better and blow the current state of music out of the water". ?In those words, you obviously have the expectation of some sort of "return to the throne" by mere means of the music alone.

You keep putting new gnr and what their about into this old school comeback category. GNR and any other comeback are not the same. Different goals, marketing etc...

Huh? ?What the hell do "Different goals, marketing etc" have to do with the GNR comeback? ?And for that matter, what the hell's wrong with an Aerosmith-type existense? ?This is speculation on my part, but it seems you're expecting a "biggest band in the world, accepted by all" type of reemergence, is that safe to assume?

If so, it will not happen.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2005, 06:35:08 PM »

Axl might not actually take years to make albums in his head, he just spends so much goddamn time perfecting them. I mean a near perfect record is great but a album can be good if its recorded in a day like Izzy's solo albums and the Holiwood Rose thing, they're not great sound quality wise but they're still great in my opinion, they're raw the way rock n' roll is supossed to be Smiley

smoking Izzy ?smoking

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: