Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:48:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227802 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ides of March
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ides of March  (Read 6565 times)
FlashFlood
Rocker

« on: August 12, 2004, 12:05:31 AM »

i was looking at the chinese democracy page on the main site,  and i saw that Ides of March was a rumored title, but i do not remember hearing anything about it. can somebody tell me where this came from?

poop
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 01:24:14 AM »

Wasn't that a raoxsle title??
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 01:11:21 PM »

isnt there already a song called Ides of March by Iron Maiden or something? its an instrumental..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 01:14:00 PM »

i was looking at the chinese democracy page on the main site,? and i saw that Ides of March was a rumored title, but i do not remember hearing anything about it. can somebody tell me where this came from?

The only names we know for sure are the ones they played on tour and the ones Marco Beltrammi (sp?) put his orchestra bits on - all these 'other' titles should just be ignored.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
madagas
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 01:29:17 PM »

wrong...Axl played David Wild from ROLLING STONE "Catcher in the Rye, IRS, There Was A Time, and an instrumental version of Oklahoma". He actually played 12 songs for him but those were the only titles used.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 01:33:15 PM »

wrong...Axl played David Wild from ROLLING STONE "Catcher in the Rye, IRS, There Was A Time, and an instrumental version of Oklahoma". He actually played 12 songs for him but those were the only titles used.

Fair enough but:

Richard Fortus had never heard of a song called IRS (good one Piazza!)

Oklahoma is apparently Rhiayd

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 01:52:42 PM »

Fair enough but:

I read somewhere (on the internet, of course Smiley) in a recent interview that Dizzy Reed talks about how IRS was leaked to Piazza... so who knows what is going on for sure.  Maybe the song exists, maybe it doesn't... maybe it is the correct name, maybe it just was a working title... yeah, way too many maybes!
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 01:54:59 PM »

Fair enough but:

Perhaps IRS was a song which Paul Tobias played rythum guitar, and therefore Fortus is unfamilar with it?

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
madagas
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 02:10:21 PM »

Drop the IRS thing-it exists-period-end of discussion. Fortus wasn't even in the band when Axl played these songs to Wild (dec 1999). Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 02:14:51 PM by madagas » Logged
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 02:30:44 PM »

Dizzy said it did, who knows maybe Piazza played a version with tobias on guitar that was scrapped before fortus joined

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2004, 03:19:32 PM »

fuck irs this is about my topic. on the chinese democracy page of this website, it lists ides of march apart from the fake titles like cock-a-roach soup and this i love and all of those other ones. maybe jarmo can enlighten me. its his website

poop
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 03:37:29 PM »

fuck irs this is about my topic. on the chinese democracy page of this website, it lists ides of march apart from the fake titles like cock-a-roach soup and this i love and all of those other ones. maybe jarmo can enlighten me. its his website

Settle down Beavis!! holy crap! My topic whaah!  If you bring up a rumored title people are bound to talk about other rumored titles. Jeez!

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2004, 03:51:28 PM »

'Ides of March' was mentioned by Dave Dominguez, the very first producer/engineer of CD
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2004, 06:00:28 PM »

Fair enough but:

No its NOT, they have nothing to do with each other.
The only reason people think this is because a person that went to the HOB show said the set list had oklahoma when in fact axl even said the song was called riyadh, this is just like the misinformation from the person that said CITR is going to be on the third album, again that never said, axl said CITR is planned for the 3rd single.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 08:28:40 PM »

'Ides of March' was mentioned by Dave Dominguez, the very first producer/engineer of CD

thank you very very much.

poop
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 08:36:24 PM »

Cool it dude, the second you post it becomes the boards topic to discuss

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 08:44:37 PM »

Fair enough but:

I read somewhere (on the internet, of course Smiley) in a recent interview that Dizzy Reed talks about how IRS was leaked to Piazza... so who knows what is going on for sure.? Maybe the song exists, maybe it doesn't... maybe it is the correct name, maybe it just was a working title... yeah, way too many maybes!

I read that interview as well.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2004, 12:09:36 AM »

Cool it dude, the second you post it becomes the boards topic to discuss

exactly Angry you tell him Jizzo

in the end we dont know all the songs, which ones are real and which ones are fake until the band, management, axl confirm or deny that such a song exist

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2004, 12:52:25 AM »

ya well its fuckin annoying when i cant get a fucking answer because other people are talking about obscure shit. and i believe its for the board to discuss the topic, not side topics. so you guys cool it.

poop
madagas
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2004, 07:53:05 AM »

Documented song titles by people who have worked on the record or heard the actual songs (for example Prostitute was a rumored working title by Spin-that does not count): IRS, Catcher in the Rye, TWAT, Oklahoma, OMG, The Blues, This I Love, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, Silk Worms, Rhiad and the Bedouins, Seven, The General, Thyme, and Leave Me Alone. peace
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 07:57:04 AM by madagas » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: