Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:16:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Ides of March
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ides of March  (Read 6528 times)
parisrocks
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2005, 08:17:58 PM »

Why am I just hearing this as a song title? 

How long has anyone else known this?

-my source is a interview w/ Dave Dominguez from Splat
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2005, 08:26:45 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=9617.0

Posted here over a year ago.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axlsfriend
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2005, 11:22:39 PM »

i thought this i love was suppose to be some master piece and the best song axl ever wrote.  I read something here the other day that said it was suppose to be in a robin williams movie and they cut it, is this true?
estranged.1098
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2005, 12:40:07 AM »

The Story

After a week of investigating Sp1at.com can exclusively reveal that the unreleased Guns n Roses "This I Love" was intended to feature in the 1998 film "What Dreams May Come".

Sp1at was originally alerted to the connection between Axl Rose and the film when Dave Dominguez, a producer on the Chinese Democracy album in the late 90s, told Sp1at that the song was intended for "some Robin Williams film". Sp1at's intrepid reporter followed this up and soon contacted the office of Dawn Soler, the musical supervisor for the film "What Dreams May Come".

Dawn Soler speaking exclusively to Sp1at on the subject said "Oh boy that was a long time ago" and admitted she was unable to recollect how the oppourtunity to work with Axl Rose came along in the first place. She did assure us that Axl was "really into the film" and even suggested that he "wrote the song for it". However, Sp1at does not believe this to be the case as the song was originally mentioned in 1994 by Axl Rose himself when he described "This I Love" as "the heaviest thing I've ever done", fans of the band have often speculated that the song was about Dylan, the son of Stephanie Seymour.

As it turned out the song did not make the final cut of the film, although Dawn Soler insists it was not down to her, she said "the director was a pill and didn't get how cool it would be". Sp1at has contacted the agent of Vincent Ward, the "pill" of a director, on the issue but they have yet to reply.

Sp1at went back to Dominguez to see if he had any further comments on the song and he went on to say that "it was definitely a love song...very heartfelt, it would have fit perfectly with "What Dreams May Come"" before adding that the song was "5 minutes or more" in length.

It is unlikely that the song remains in the same form as it did in 1998. In the past Sp1at has spoken to Howard Karp, who worked on the song in 2000, he told us that it was just him and Axl in the studio at the time and that the song was a "simple, piano ballad". Although it is known that Bryan "Brain" Mantia has also recorded on the song since joining the band in 2001.

Whether we'll ever get to hear the song "This I Love" is debateable, Guns n Roses "Chinese Democracy" album has been in the works for around 7 years but is at present set for a "mid-year release" according to an industry source. However had Mr. Ward followed the advice of Dawn Soler, then "This I Love" would be a 7 year old track rather than another myth in the world of Guns n Roses.

http://www.sp1at.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=447
AxlRocks
Headliner

I WILL MEET AXL!!!

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2005, 01:41:09 AM »

I've found all kinds of rumored tracks. I know some of these are names for other tracks but who knows what they mught be called on CD. Wink Sorry for huge post.

Catcher in the Rye
Chinese Democracy
Closing in on You
Cock-a-roach Soup
Cut That

General

Hearts get Killed

Ides of March
IRS

Friend or Foe

Leave Me Alone
Livin' Loud

Madagascar
My Fellow Americans

Never had it
No Love Remains

Preechin n' Screechin
Prostitute

Oh My God
Oklahoma

Rhiad and the Bedouins

Seven
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Silkworms
Something Always
Somethin' for Nothin'
Stardust Tears
Strange Disease
Strip Bar
Suckerpunched

The Blues
The Beaten Path
The Hidden Path
The Powers That Be
There was a Time
This I Love
This Life
Thyme
Today Tomorrow Forever
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2005, 06:31:35 AM »

Cut That
Livin' Loud
My Fellow Americans
Never had it
No Love Remains
Preechin n' Screechin
Something Always
Somethin' for Nothin'
Stardust Tears
Strange Disease
Strip Bar
The Beaten Path
The Hidden Path
The Powers That Be
This Life

i never heard of those titles before. where'd you find them
Somewhere Over The Rainbow - *g* why is this title so familiar?  rofl
Stardust Tears - some guy invented this on the fake pro-cd some weeks ago.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2005, 04:00:43 PM »

Cut That
Livin' Loud
My Fellow Americans
Never had it
No Love Remains
Preechin n' Screechin
Something Always
Somethin' for Nothin'
Stardust Tears
Strange Disease
Strip Bar
The Beaten Path
The Hidden Path
The Powers That Be
This Life

i never heard of those titles before. where'd you find them
Somewhere Over The Rainbow - *g* why is this title so familiar?  rofl
Stardust Tears - some guy invented this on the fake pro-cd some weeks ago.

Strip Bar is a fake title for the Illusions Era demo "Just another Sunday", "my fellow americans", "livin`loud", "the powers that be" and Somewhere over the Rainbow are fake songs of kazaa and emule, Stardust Tears is from that faked promo-cd and some of the others are from a faked album cover which you can also download with kazaa and emule.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2005, 04:05:43 PM »

Wasnt there a rumourd song called Zip It also?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2005, 04:26:23 PM »

so in the story that estranged.1098 posted they said that the song was given for the movie but they decide to not use it at the end? so we could have heard the song but one guy decide that it wasnt cool , i cant belive it .
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2005, 11:35:51 PM »

I think its BS because we would have heard of this before now, this would have been big news back when it was being talked about. Just like at T2 and End of Days, we heard MONTHS before it was set in stone a new gnr song was being used in the movie, I find it odd we never heard of This I love being used in that movie when they were throwing it around.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2005, 05:41:32 AM »

I think its BS because we would have heard of this before now, this would have been big news back when it was being talked about. Just like at T2 and End of Days, we heard MONTHS before it was set in stone a new gnr song was being used in the movie, I find it odd we never heard of This I love being used in that movie when they were throwing it around.

I find it hard to believe that a fairly well respected engineer on the album and a music supervisor would both lie about it, plus it seems bizarre that their stories correlate perfectly when they have never had contact with one another!

I could of course prove that it's true by posting the contact details of both and letting everyone else look into it themselves or by posting screenshots of the emails where they talk about it but I feel no need to do so. Those who want to believe can believe and those who want to be cynical can remain cynical.  Roll Eyes

The fact that you think I'm willing to make such wild claims seems bizarre to me. Especially as I sent it to just about every big news organisation (saying they were welcome to use it as an article but more as a point of interest) in Europe and the United States.

Buy hey, I made it all up didn't I? And no doubt Dave Dominguez, Dawn Soler, Vincent Ward and Guns management will all be in touch with me soon asking me to remove this complete "bullshit"... rofl
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 09:58:54 AM by gigger » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2005, 09:55:50 AM »

this is only the front cover i couldn`t find the back :

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: