Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:02:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When Chinese Democracy will out what review you prefer to read?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: When Chinese Democracy will out what review you prefer to read?  (Read 8032 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2005, 03:58:36 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing GN'R's guitarists featured in Guitar World magazine  ok
That would be REALLY great! It's a shame that only Brain was interviewd for a players magazine.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2005, 04:19:28 PM »

When the disc comes out, I'll post my review and it will all be settled.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2005, 04:47:52 PM »

I don't read reviews at all..I'll go to Tower Records, listen to some tracks on the headphones, and if I like it I'll buy it...End of Story...
jgfnsr
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2005, 07:13:32 PM »

Fragility in his resolve to pursue his creativit vision?? Absolutely not.

Fragility in his oversensitivity, a desire for critical and public acceptance and current relevence?

Positively so.

I could agree with this.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2005, 07:59:57 PM »

I'm looking forward to seeing GN'R's guitarists featured in Guitar World magazine? ok

Me too. 

I've been a fan of Finck's for a long time and am looking forward to hearing from him.

I've got no use for Fortus as a performer but I'd still enjoy reading what he has to say in regards
to being in GNR... 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2005, 12:51:33 PM »

Total Guitar and Kerrang! even tho kerrang r crap journalists, they have their own tv channel and their own radio which i hav 2 admit does giv quite a bit of airplay 2 guns.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2005, 01:53:55 PM »

Fuck the magazines dude, I mean no offense to any journalists who happen to be member of this board but fuck man it seems to me that all these pricks are wannabe musicians who sucked so now there gonna exact vengance upon artists they deem unworthy. Its all subjective crap, and I cant really take what they have to say (which is basically the opinions of bitter failed musicians) to heart. But I will say this I dont think that I will take any stock into anyones opinion when it comes to Chinese Democracy because its been such a long time that I know Im gonna love it.

I mean if Axls the perfectionist they say he is then it cant be anything less than that. Or maybe Im js being optimistic.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2005, 02:41:35 PM »

I'm not gonna pay any attention to the reviews untill i hear the whole cd. I'd like to be able to match my opinion up to theirs after hearing it. After all I think that a large amount of the press will be fairly negative so it won't do me any good to use their opinions as a reference point when pressing play for the first time.

This tends to be my over all view of all reviews (books, movies, cd's, etc...) Where do they find the people that write these reviews? 90% of the time they have a completely different outlook on the product than I do, and what makes them qualified to write the review anyway?? Are they an expert? do they have in field experience? Christ... Vanilla Ice has music industry experience.... does that make him qualified to rate a CD for ME?

The people who write these reviews are the same people who are asked to be part of top 100 of all time lists. Every year the list changes. Think about it, in just the last few years we have seen things like Jack White (White Stripes) near the top of the 100 best guitar players of all time, but he'll mysteriously drop over 95 places when noone remembers him 2 years from now...... Also there was a top 50 Metal bands of ALL TIME and Linkin Park was like #3..... who is behind these votes... the same people that review these albums..... I wont even go back ten years or so to the talk about 311 being one of the best bands ever.... I can already hear the early teenage members of this board looking for people to tell them who 311 are.

As for the estimates on Sales Figures. Keep in mind that the indusrty is so saturated with artists and media outlets that albums dont sell like they used to. To even hold Lies up as a benchmark is a bad idea. I saw people throwing up figures like 5 million US and 10 Million world wide....... after how many years??
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2005, 03:50:09 PM »

Good, insightful replies, I must say ... albeit sometimes off topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: