Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:05:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Most Expensive Album Never Made
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Most Expensive Album Never Made  (Read 80792 times)
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2005, 02:51:33 AM »

This isnt rocket science. Before you throw yourself into this soap opera you must realize that just because GNR went on tour in 2002 doesnt mean Cd was supposed to follow or the ocmeback. You must realize the 2 different periods of time post illusion era. If you fail to grasp this or choose to ignore it you will never allow yourself to see the answers to your questions. Its all right there. It truly is.

Younggunner, i think you're taking too many fastballs to the cranium, please wear a helmet when batting. hihi

You're comments are your perceptions (you have no facts to back any of them up) about the so called soap opera. ?Quit telling us you have it all figured out when it's apparent that no one has it figured out.

"it's all right there, it truly is" ? Did i miss something ? ? Did you have a secret meeting with axl that you haven't shared ?

Guns are no longer being funded and the band is probably on shaky ground, so if there's one positive to this story, ?maybe axl is getting desperate to put the album out before he loses the rest of the band and has to start this whole vicious cycle over from the beginning.
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2005, 03:04:18 AM »

I consider this article half and half as far as optimism and pessimism are concerned.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2005, 03:14:24 AM »

CD will come out but with what musicans? Currant ones like Tommy, Fortus, Robin and Brain or the right ones, Slash, Duff and Izzy?

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2005, 06:02:17 AM »

CD will come out but with what musicans? Currant ones like Tommy, Fortus, Robin and Brain or the right ones, Slash, Duff and Izzy?

AHHHH! Fucks sake man! How many of you mother fuckers are there out there? Get over it! It was a great time, but those guys left and in case you havent noticed two of them seem to be having great time in their new band! Chinese Democracy will come out with the band members who are there now and have poured their hearts and creativity into it!

usurper
« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2005, 06:48:32 AM »

I think Axl's record company needs to put a shitload of pressure on him, because clearly, with artistic freedom, unlimited amounts of cash and unlimited amounts of time has been screwing with his mind. He needs to be forced like he needed to be forced with the UYI's, he cant seem to be able to work on his own. He needs a brilliant producer that will make him work. We can't wait forever for this motherfucker to be released.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #185 on: March 06, 2005, 11:06:32 AM »

Don't worry about what a fool says, when in the end,  the fooled may be you. estranged33, I'm a very positive person, sometimes you gotta do whats appropriate to save your own ass. Watch what happens in the next 2 years. 

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #186 on: March 06, 2005, 11:48:20 AM »

Merck peace

Thank the heavens for Merck.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2005, 12:51:46 PM »

This article not only is in the most prominent newspaper in the world, it is also int he most copyrighted and re-published newspaper in the world.  It looks like every major wire service has picked it up to run in either today's Sunday paper or in the near future in an condensed version.  This is a publicity boon.  It was Oscar Wilde who coined the phrase stating that all publicity is good, it's no publicity which is bad.

No doubt though, if Merck's response ran in today's NY Times, I would imagine that this will take the debate to the streets and rekindle interest in the project.  With or without the response, it is rekindling interest. If Axl can deliver the good's by the summer, he would almost hit platinum alone in the States based off the interest generated by this article.

Did Merck's response run in today's NY Times?  If not, is it going to run in the newspaper at all?

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2005, 12:53:09 PM »

sure. this article is a buzz for this album.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2005, 12:59:15 PM »

There's already a thread about the article. Topics merged.

The article actually ran in today's edition of the NYT and I don't think they had time to include Merck's response in the paper. It may be published tomorrow. New yorkers could help us out here.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2005, 12:59:49 PM »

yes! And i hope they use it well this time! Free Promotion!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2005, 01:34:53 PM »

This is my first post here... but I've been around on 2tI for years, and GnR Online before that as Johnnybebad.
Any way... I can't believe the way some people here act. Everyone seems to know SO much about Axl. What he thinks, how he feels, what he's going to do next. Face it people, you don't know anything. Unless everyone has personal connections with Axl, I don't think it's fair to act as fortune tellers.

As for this article... I don't see it as having much new or useful information. Everyone knows we've heard nothign but bad news over the past 10 years. This article just condenses it down into one big lump.

Has Geffen cut funding? Probably. It's hardly even a company anymore. It's just a logo that Interscope uses on the back of CDs. Interscope is responsable for most of the crap you hear on teh radio these days, and I'd be willing to bet they've been responsable for most of the one hit wonder rap artists careers.

If anything, this article only proves why the album has taken so long. The new Guns N' Roses didn't really turn into a band until after 2000... The article said itself that Axl spent most of his time of the 90s dealing with lawsuits and what not.

As for Tommy and Dizzy constantly saying "The album is almost done," they probably had every reason in the world to believe that and say so. The article said the CD has been recorded 5 times. So maybe they think its done, then Axl decides its time to do it all over again.

The computer argument is pretty irrelevent too. Axl made it clear that he wanted an industrial type sound when news of the CD first came around. Have you ever seen Trent Reznor's studio? It is lined with walls and walls of computers. But its obvious to everyone that industrial doesn't seem to be Axl's taste anymore. I'm fairly sure there have been claims by people in the band that the CD is going to be more guitar oriented. So the computer crap was most likely reports from '98-2000.

I myself have long stopped waiting for the CD. It will come out when it does... thats all. There's no need of sitting around analyzing everything.
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2005, 03:43:28 PM »

This article could've just have easily run in the obituary column. The gig's up Axl. Geffen won't fund your illusions any longer and Clear Channel isn't going to give you a second chance. It's over you big baby.

And, on que, Merck writes an angry letter in response. What's with GNR and angry responses to the press like we saw with Buckethead . . . ?

Merck just as easily could've responded with "Chinese Democracy will be worth the wait!" Fini. The problem is he would be talking out his ass!

Axl is one of the greatest singers/performers/musicians/lyricists of our time. Unfortunately, he is lazy and crazy. Axl you've wasted the second half or your life and the prime of  Tommy's, Robins, and Dizzy's lives. You could've been bigger than Zepplin . . .
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2005, 03:50:36 PM »

Any way... I can't believe the way some people here act. Everyone seems to know SO much about Axl. What he thinks, how he feels, what he's going to do next. Face it people, you don't know anything. Unless everyone has personal connections with Axl, I don't think it's fair to act as fortune tellers.
Unfortunately they seem to have personal connections with Axl.
They don't try to distinguish fact from fiction, says from hearsays, hatred from love, themselves from their "idol". They are busy focusing on the images n gossips led on by the press, instead of searching the music given for the answer. The messages never reach them.
It's like casting pearls before swine. Tough luck for an artist.
I suspect that could be one of the reasons it hasn't come out yet.

I myself have long stopped waiting for the CD. It will come out when it does... thats all. There's no need of sitting around analyzing everything.
Sorry I can't help analyzing things.
Welcome to the board! peace
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2005, 03:55:07 PM »

Axl you just can't hide behind the "Artist" label anymore. You're an entertainer - not Renoir! Get in the Ring - Axl! 'Cuz everyone is kicking your ass!
estranged.1098
« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2005, 05:04:42 PM »

Axl is not hiding behind anything, he's doing with his life what he feels is right. That's more than most people in the world can say, I don't think anyone has the right to bitch about it.
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2005, 05:44:30 PM »

Well, according to the NY Times article, Geffen quit funding Axl's project & told him he was responsible for funding & finishing it himself. If that's true(and I don't have any reason to believe the NY Times would make it up, no matter what Merck, Mysteron, Dave, etc... would want you to believe), here's how I see the scenario unfolding.

Geffen orders Axl to deliver CD by xx:xx:xxxx(fill in the date - October? November?). Axl, as always, fails to deliver. Geffen then sues Axl for the 13mil they laid out, & Axl is stuck in litigation hell forever. No CD, no band, no nothing.

Guns & Roses is dying the slowest, most painful.excruciating, humiliating death ever. Anyone who still believes that Axl has some sort of plan is as far gone as Axl seems to be.
reynics22
« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2005, 05:45:58 PM »

yeah, another one of these posts.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2005, 06:42:27 PM »

Guns & Roses is dying the slowest, most painful.excruciating, humiliating death ever.
only a kick ass record with multi-platinium sales could save that situation. It really must be huge to shut everyone's up (some journalists). IF CD sells 15/20 million copies worldwide (within 2 years), nobody will be able to contest anything.
Usher sold over 14 million copies of his last album last year (2004). I'm sure GN'R can do as good and even better.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 06:46:40 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2005, 06:53:49 PM »

Guns & Roses is dying the slowest, most painful.excruciating, humiliating death ever.

au contrere'? mon frere'? Smiley
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=18912.0

wave remember dust fans, we're not outdated and neither is our music. friendly
and who says guns is dead? no one in this morgue thats 4 sure  peace
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 02:21:52 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: