Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:57:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Most Expensive Album Never Made
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Most Expensive Album Never Made  (Read 80842 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2005, 02:58:27 PM »

the new stuff youngunner posted got me excited because it ties up some loose ends

he had to sell his catalogue to fund this

there is no way axl will spend this much money and time to not release it

this article reaffirms my theory that CD will be the greatest hits u have never heard type of cd where every song will have the makings of a top 40 smash.

I am more psyched than ever after reading that!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2005, 03:09:50 PM »

this article reaffirms my theory that CD will be the greatest hits u have never heard type of cd where every song will have the makings of a top 40 smash.

Optimism is one thing.

Realism is quite another....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 03:54:34 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2005, 03:11:18 PM »

Axl Must be really Confident with his material For Keep On funding This Project from his own pocket and had to sold his back catalog...

I am too more excited for this release..... if it ever happens.....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 03:12:54 PM by GNROSAS » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2005, 03:16:52 PM »

Im just saying Falcon, its took this many years, he has completed the record 5 times over

eveyone knows during a recording session, most bands have 3 or 4 hits, so if he has 20 A list songs that makes me very optimistic

For example ill give u Aerosmith.

instead of releasing the records they did

imagine if they took the best from Pump,Get a Grip and Nine Lives and made one huge cd out of the best material?

what if GNR had done this and took the best from Appetite,Lies and the Illusions and made one super Cd?

i think this is what axl is doing

he is inspired,has intense writing sessions, when the creativity wears off, he takes a year or so off, starts new sessions, takes the best material from that etc etc etc.

Thats my theory and im stickin with it.

20 A list songs means axl really has big guns. i find that encouraging.

blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2005, 03:31:28 PM »

what if GNR had done this and took the best from Appetite,Lies and the Illusions and made one super Cd?

I always considered Appetite to be, One super CD, face it can AXL actually make a recorde better than that, Ill guess we will have to wait and see.

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2005, 03:40:21 PM »

imagine if a band came out with this tracklisting

1.welcome to the jungle
2.its so easy
3.nightrain
4.dont cry
5.you could be mine
6.mr brownstone
7.paradise city
8.civil war
9.patience
10.november rain
11.dont damn me
12.locomotive
13.estranged
14.sweet child o mine
15.rocket queen
16.coma
imagine if that was a debut cd from a band

now think if CD is up to snuff or close to that

i know that wouldnt fit on one cd but just theoretically speaking

welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2005, 03:49:50 PM »

This makes me really wonder how the hell the Illusions tour went on for over two years. If his mood and disposition can change in a matter of seconds I dont know how he kept his head together for that time period.

This is totally going to be Axl's Swan Song. When the album comes out he should never book a tour. Only book a few dates at a time. Only make videos if he feels its needed to further express the song. He is never going to be #1 again, the market is just too different.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
Sino-lieS
Headliner

"...Just another day in Hell..."

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2005, 03:52:54 PM »

WOW!

I thought that article was fantastic! I love reading about what went on behind the scenes ie, the 90's the Buckethead fiasco etc!

Thanks!

"You'll see it. I don't know if SOON is the word."
" ...just another day in Hell... "
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2005, 03:54:05 PM »

That's mind blowing.... that completely changes my whole outlook. I can't wait to hear it! Thanks Younggunner, hope you go 4 for 4 today. 

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2005, 03:59:08 PM »

While that tracklisting is great, the album would have no feel what so ever. I think albums should be band representations of that time period.

For example Physical Graffiti was an incredible album, and it was recorded with b sides and leftovers and new material from 1970-1974. While it was an amazing album I always thought the flow and mood was off balance. Having Kashmir on the same album as Boogie With Stu was confused

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2005, 04:19:48 PM »

Leave it to booker to leave out the important stuff

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2005, 04:28:31 PM »

In his defense, I dont think he had the entire original copy. So I wouldnt really blame him....

On a side note, so much for that theory about OMG being an unfinished rough cut we have heard from people about all these years. It sounds like from the way they portray it OMG sounds exactly as Axl wanted it to as it seems like a lot of work went into its production and release. Doesn't sound as if it was an unfinished track as has been somewhat previously reported.
Whoe ever said it was an uncompleted track??

I still dont understand why people are sad or whatver about this article. Everyone should be happy because this whole article basically has a lot of answers to many questions. FOr starters, why has it taken so long and when has this project actually began....

I think this is one of the best articles ever written about CD. Provides much detail and explanations. Now its your job to put the pieces together and th epuzzle will take shape....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2005, 04:29:48 PM »

This new article only LOWERS the chance that CD will come out in the next 5 years. All the article does is add more pressure to a situation that needs the pressure reduced,not intensified. I think everyone needs to leave Axl alone for another year or so and maybe he can wrap CD up. If people keep the pressure on, he may end up scrapping CD and starting fresh on something else. I already have a feeling he's changed the album title, and the next step after that will be changing the music thats on that cd.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2005, 04:32:47 PM »

Your going on the premise that Axl still hasnt done anything up to this point. Most of this article has to do with what Axl did from 94-2001. From 2001 it seems to be a different ballgame. So I think the album has been done now its on him to release it. Theres so much stuff to get into but in summary I think it all began to take shape from 2001 till now.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2005, 04:42:58 PM »

what makes you think that from now 2001 until now is a "whole different ballgame"? All we've had in that 4 year time period is 5 new songs on bootleg and years of rumours and speculation.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2005, 04:52:35 PM »

because from that time till now Axl has had the band he thought would work and had a direction. Im not saying that the album can drop and day now but the status of GNR is not like it was from 94-2000. Theres a plan in place. Its up to release it. He didnt give in to company pressures in the late 90's for a reason. Hes going to  do it on his terms. When all the stars are aligned and when things feel right in his mind. Case closed. No1 can control that.

All we can hope for is that after they make thier way through all that chaos and cheklists... an extrodinary album will be heard. My guess is that our waits and frustrations will be rewarded. I completely understand if one might think otherwise. But until "things are right" in the mind of Axl we have to wait until we can hear.

welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2005, 04:54:25 PM »

It was a different time for several reasons.

1) Buckethead and Brain joined
2) Roy Thomas Baker came into the fold and things really started going on the album
3) They were a solidified band who had live shows under their belt, they were vibing off each other
4) Axl said that the stuff they were working on during that time was forcing a lot of the other material that they had recorded to be shelved..because they liked the new stuff more.

2001-2005 I think was the main chunk of Chinese Democracy.

1994-1998 Scrapped because original members were still there.

1999-Scrapped, Freese and Tobias parts re-recorded.

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2005, 05:02:18 PM »

Huh

That would explain why I gave a link to the site where you could read if for yourself, right Genius?  ok
murseman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2005, 05:06:21 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/06/arts/music/06leed.html?adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1110060084-Obh007TvLZky7etApAiI/A
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2005, 05:06:43 PM »

2004..Buckethead leaves. 2004-?Huh Buckethead parts re-recorded. How many years will this take?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: