Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:45:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Velvet Revolver Australian Tour Reviews
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Australian Tour Reviews  (Read 3359 times)
MrBrownstone
Opening Act

You Wan'da Step Into My World...

« on: March 14, 2005, 09:42:54 AM »

I'd like to hear from anyone who saw VR in Australia recently and their thoughts/review of their concert, or anyone outside Australia if they wish. I went to their Melbourne show and thought this was one of the best concerts I've seen. Obviously most of it consisted of Contraband songs, pretty much all of the best ones (they didn't do 'Loving The Alien' which I was a little dissapointed in, but what are ya gonna do?). The biggest highlights were 'Fall to Pieces', which included the back curtain dropping when the heavy guitar hits in the song, revealing the big 'Velvet Revolver' lights display which got the crowd going more, also there was 3 GNR songs: 'Its So Easy', 'Used to Love Her' and 'Mr Brownstone', all of which being obvious crowd pleasers. 'Slither' was the final song of the evening (there were 2 encores) and went off big time due to the build up to it. In all I'd give this concert about 8 out of 10, and look forward to seeing VR next time they're in Oz.

Guess What I'm Doing Now......
dustNroses
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 12:30:04 AM »

I saw em in sydney (1st show). I crowd surfed and went over the barricade 3 times. hehe. Got a bit too pissed probably, But ill tell you what.... There is NOTHING and nobody id rather watch running back and forth accross the stage than slash & duff. It totally blew my mind! hihi  There was a guy filming from what i hear??? Id looovvveee to get my grubby paws on THAT tape!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 12:58:40 AM »

I went to both Sydney shows. 1st show I was up the front right in fornt of Slash and that would've been the roughest rock gig I ever attended, the crowd was just nuts pushing and shoving side to side, front and back, ah the joy of having a big hairy dudes rubbing their sweat all over you.. NOT!

But the show was great, seeing Slash up there metres away from me was so surreal, and the band was so tight!
Slash fudged a few solos, but that was probably due to how much the guy was running all over the stage. Scott was awesome too, seeing him live and controlling the crowd like he did, I can definitely see why they chose him, he is a great rock frontman.

The 2nd night I stood about half way back on the floor and it was still fairly full, but I didn't have people pushing me from all over the place and the view I had of the stage was great.
They played the same setlist as the 1st night, which was a little disappointing, but it was still great, they really fucking rock and I can't wait for them to get back in the studio so they can come and tour here again! ok
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 01:00:29 AM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
dustNroses
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 03:28:18 AM »

Have you heard of a recording of the sydney show? I saw a guy with a camcorder upstairs. But i may be confused with when i saw megadeth in syd cos they were within a month of eachother.
badapple81
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 05:46:22 AM »

Have you heard of a recording of the sydney show? I saw a guy with a camcorder upstairs. But i may be confused with when i saw megadeth in syd cos they were within a month of eachother.

No recording from Sydney as far as I know.

Sydney rocked, I went to first night, lined up during the day for front row spots, I have some cool close ups that you can find if you go back a few pages.

Yeah when Fall To Pieces came to life with Slash's early solo, the 'VELVET REVOLVER" neon light came on to big cheers. People were screaming like crazy when the opening notes to It's So Easy were being played.

Only thing that I was disappointed with were the dickheads who didn't even know the songs and were just their to throw beer cans on stage and try push everyone out from the front.

dustNroses
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 05:56:21 AM »

that was one of the best rock gigs ive ever been to. watchin slash and duff onstage, stomping around. AWESOME! However there were crowd members standing there.... i saw them. no applause.... nothin.... and im wondering, WTF are you even here for. you know what im saying?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: