Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:55:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [FAKE: NOT GN'R!] TWAT orchestration is 100% real.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [FAKE: NOT GN'R!] TWAT orchestration is 100% real.  (Read 29745 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2005, 12:01:36 AM »

Its not real god why are some people so naive.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2005, 12:05:38 AM »

it sounds like something from one of the final fantasy games.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
reynics22
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2005, 12:10:01 AM »

it sounds like something from one of the final fantasy games.

thats what i thought in the beginning too "sounds like something from a role playing game like final fantasy 7 or 8"

i guess i should have kept thinking that Smiley
GunsNHalen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2005, 02:08:48 AM »

I am a HUGE Final Fantasy fanatic, and as a fan of all Nobuo Uematsu's works, I can say that this is not anything from Final Fantasy. If you actually listen to the background of November Rain, the orchestrated part, you'll see it has a similar sound. As a matter of fact, you can barely hear the orchestra in the song anyway, and I'm sure it will be the same case here.
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2005, 04:16:25 AM »

it's clearly been recorded in MIDI, (which no self respecting artist would use to made a demo) it's a fake...and a bad one! I think some people are so desperate for CD to come out that they'll cling to any old piece of crap attributed to Axl. Please don't embarrass the good GNR name by claiming that after all these years of recording all Axl's managed to do is a few MIDI files!!
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2005, 11:54:13 AM »

Posted on: Today at 04:16:25 AMPosted by: iloozion 
Insert Quote
it's clearly been recorded in MIDI, (which no self respecting artist would use to made a demo) it's a fake...and a bad one! I think some people are so desperate for CD to come out that they'll cling 

Don`t want to offend you but this is not MIDI. Go and check-up your ears man...555-12-365 is nomber of my doctor. Enjoy...
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2005, 01:03:43 PM »

Not to get too far off topic here, but I don't think either of you know what MIDI is.

MIDI is not sound, and pretty much all professional musicians use MIDI for electronic music.  MIDI is just notes - how the notes are rendered, or synthesized is completely up to the musician.  For example, if you synthesize MIDI notes with your computer sound card, ie, like downloading a MIDI file off the Internet, it will sound like shit.  However, you could take that same MIDI file and synthesize it with SampleTank, and you'd have something that sounded really good.

So, the point is, it's still fake, but you guys have no idea what MIDI is, and all your MIDI comments are irrelevant.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2005, 01:25:39 PM »

MIDI is not sound, and pretty much all professional musicians use MIDI for electronic music.  MIDI is just notes - how the notes are rendered, or synthesized is completely up to the musician.  For example, if you synthesize MIDI notes with your computer sound card, ie, like downloading a MIDI file off the Internet, it will sound like shit.  However, you could take that same MIDI file and synthesize it with SampleTank, and you'd have something that sounded really good.

Exactly.

Although, I don't think you people should be so quick to dismiss this as fake. I could see this becoming a song very easily. It's only the orchestral part, and probably a rough at that. Who knows if it's going to be used, but if you've ever listened to November Rain you should know this sounds familiar. Not the melody, but just the fact that Axl has used orchestration in the past. Something has to leak sometime. But why it would be this now is beyond me. Is it a fake? Probably. But I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if this, or some rendition of this, made it on the album.

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2005, 02:21:38 PM »

That's not the reason I'm dismissing it as a fake, though.  I could easily see it being part of a song, but there's other evidence which pretty much makes it 100% certainly fake, within all reasonable boundaries of logic.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Mateoson
Rocker

Free Axl!

« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2005, 02:51:57 PM »

I'm beginning to think Chinese Democracy is fake.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2005, 02:52:57 PM »

I am a HUGE Final Fantasy fanatic, and as a fan of all Nobuo Uematsu's works, I can say that this is not anything from Final Fantasy. If you actually listen to the background of November Rain, the orchestrated part, you'll see it has a similar sound. As a matter of fact, you can barely hear the orchestra in the song anyway, and I'm sure it will be the same case here.

I have played every FF game and yes it sounds like something from one of the games.? How many FF games have you played?  Here is a FF song http://ffmusic.ffshrine.org/ff7midis/ff7-3-19-aerith's_theme.mid you dont think this so called gnr song sounds like it would go on a FF game?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 03:02:04 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2005, 03:01:28 PM »

again.
Have our geek mates mailed that Final Fantasy composer to check out the "Leak"piece yet?
Any volunteers?
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #92 on: March 16, 2005, 03:07:09 PM »

I have played every FF game and yes it sounds like something from one of the games.? How many FF games have you played?? Here is a FF song http://ffmusic.ffshrine.org/ff7midis/ff7-3-19-aerith's_theme.mid you dont think this so called gnr song sounds like it would go on a FF game?

is there really a need to start a who's FF-cock is bigger fight?
There's a difference between saying "it sounds like something that would be on a ff game" versus "I can say that this is not anything from Final Fantasy".

So unless you can find that exact song from FF, your point is useless.

now you know me better
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 16, 2005, 03:20:08 PM »

I have played every FF game and yes it sounds like something from one of the games.? How many FF games have you played?? Here is a FF song http://ffmusic.ffshrine.org/ff7midis/ff7-3-19-aerith's_theme.mid you dont think this so called gnr song sounds like it would go on a FF game?

There's a difference between saying "it sounds like something that would be on a ff game" versus "I can say that this is not anything from Final Fantasy".

No my point is not useless, this track sounds like something from a video game like FF. Its really pathetic a lot of people are freaking out thinking this is a gnr song.

AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2005, 03:27:50 PM »

No my point is not useless, this track sounds like something from a video game like FF. Its really pathetic a lot of people are freaking out thinking this is a gnr song.

your point was a direct response to gunsnhalen, and you responded by essentially putting words in his mouth. all he said was that it wasnt from a FF game. he didnt actually say it didnt sound LIKE one of those games. many people in this thread have already said it sounds LIKE a ff game- you dont need to keep hammering the point.

that said, you never addressed his comments that it sounds LIKE the orchestra from nov. rain. i agree with him that it does sound LIKE that. but that doesnt mean i think it IS from gnr.

now you know me better
reynics22
« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2005, 07:23:45 PM »

That's not the reason I'm dismissing it as a fake, though.  I could easily see it being part of a song, but there's other evidence which pretty much makes it 100% certainly fake, within all reasonable boundaries of logic.

exactly. i don't think it's really possible to say just because it doesn't sound like something you think would be on a gnr album, that it couldn't have been related to the song.

we have ZERO idea what kind of shit axl is working over there, so judging on the sound is pointless.

plus, axl is all about using the new technologies, so, to think that he might write parts of things on midi to explain how he wants it to be played isn't crazy.

but yeah, the evidence definitely rules out it having a chance, as sp1at directly heard from brain and dizzy that it isn't real
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2005, 08:42:40 PM »

1. I never get caught up in rumors ....  never Unless I am able or Allowed to quote facts from a direct source (bandmate, management, & a few others that don't apply to this thread)

2. I hinted I got info, but could not reveal the source.

with this being said - I'm out

my bad -BP

iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2005, 04:03:37 AM »

Not to get too far off topic here, but I don't think either of you know what MIDI is.

...For example, if you synthesize MIDI notes with your computer sound card, ie, like downloading a MIDI file off the Internet, it will sound like shit....

that's my point!! it HAS clearly been recorded with MIDI (like i said) and the synthesizer/soundcard/whatever used to PLAY that MIDI file has shit sound. surely if axl was to made an orchestrated demo he'd use a decent strings sample - especially as he's reportedly spent so much money on computer equipment. that's what makes me believe that this 'leak' has actually been recorded by some kid on a casio keyboard using a live axl piano part as inspiration.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »

While I'm not going to say whether I believe it's Axl, GNR, or whoever, it sounds like 'November Rain', and besides, no one can prove either way. Dave, you can deny it until the cows come home, but unless you give it to Axl and he tells you he's never heard it, there's no sense in saying it's definitely not his...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2005, 01:29:54 PM »

Here's some comments from Merck and Brain on the song.

http://www.sp1at.com/item.php?id=196

On top of that, Dizzy said it was fake...

Dizzy's comment is on the Sp1at "News" forum if you are interested.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: