Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:37:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  how would you feel IF buckethead's parts DO stay but Buckethead stays OUT
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: how would you feel IF buckethead's parts DO stay but Buckethead stays OUT  (Read 5983 times)
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2005, 08:30:33 PM »

another reason I'd like to see buckethead stay on the album AND in the band is because of the way he treats his fans ... really , he goes out of his way for his fans. he'll go out and buy toys to hand to them during concerts , you write him a letter and he'll write back etc etc .. he may seem like a really strange person who's really indifferent but you catch the guy after a show and by all accounts he's a really nice sweet person , he'll sign an autograph , pose for a picture ..damn , he'll pull hair out of his own head and give it to you.

he's a great guy who's a kid at heart.  love

gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2005, 08:41:02 PM »

Keep in mind that Izzy didn't leave the band until two months after the Illusions came out.  Also, his parts were generally rhythm parts that could be re-done rather easily by any solid guitar player (not criticizing Izzy, but his parts weren't all that complicated, although they added a lot to Gn'r music).  With Bucket, he would have been out of the band for well over a year at least, and I would assume a lot of his parts are lead with solos, etc.  That might be very hard to duplicate live.
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2005, 08:43:10 PM »

The thing with Buckethead is that he works great as a session guitarist or a solo performer. I saw him live in 2004 and his solo stuff is great, but his head is in a completely different realm that what GNR should be. I llove that Finck is in the band he has a great quality to him and still rocks..same with Fortus...Buckethead I thought never fit in and I really hope that he wasnt a big part on the album.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2005, 08:51:41 PM »

The thing with Buckethead is that he works great as a session guitarist or a solo performer. I saw him live in 2004 and his solo stuff is great, but his head is in a completely different realm that what GNR should be.

I just cant understand or accept that at all. I have videos of every show from the 2002 tour that was filmed and Buckethead did his job just as well as anyone onstage and IMHO better then Finck when it came time to solo. The fact is you had 3 guitar players onstage fighting to play parts of a song that was recorded with only two guitars.

If you think Buckethead is at best a session or solo player you really need to see video of him playing in Giant Robot , a power trio , or Praxis , or GR2 or the deli creeps even ... when Buckethead is given the room to play and actual parts to play he works well in any sititation you put him in. Regardless if he's behind a vocalist or leading a power trio himself .. Buckethead is at his best live onstage with a band.

It seems to me that most people just cant get over the bucket and mask image which leads most to just ignore what he can do with the guitar , which is a shame. I for one am glad bucket isnt your usual leather clad "rocker" ... mask and bucket be damned .. I'm just glad that when Bucket bends a note on the guitar he bends it in pitch , unlike another guy who shall remain nameless.  Grin

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2005, 09:16:44 PM »

I don't care of buckethead. I never did, and I never will.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2005, 10:34:19 PM »

I really hope Bucket stays on the album. nu-GN'R needs a virtuoso guitarist to be taken seriously. That's just the truth... Finck and Fortus are great professional guitarists- but they're not LEAD GUITARIST OF GUNS N' ROSES material.

I agree with you blasphmer. Just because Bucket was a major pain in the a$$ for Axl 1.5 years ago when the album was nowhere near a release date does not mean that he can't come back and be a touring member when Axl is actually ready to put CD out and tour.

My personal prediction is also that Bucket's parts will remain AND he will return to the fold when it's time to tour.

I agree with you too Eva... too many "ghosts" on the GN'R stage as it is. It gets to the point beyond parody when a replacement is replicating another replacement's guitar parts. I really think Bucket will be back- if Axl was actually going in a different direction with the lead guitar position- we would have caught wind of it by now.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 10:47:10 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2005, 10:48:29 PM »

I really would like to see buckthead in the band if his parts are going to be on CD.  I saw them in Vegas and loved him with the band but if he is gonna be a dick i'd rather have fortus and fink take over and redo everything.  They dont need Buckethead.  They dont need his parts either.  He image in gnr is tainted in my mind.  I dont think I can be happy about hearing a solo he did knowing he dicked Axl over.  I also really like Robin Fink's guitar playing and think he could be a guitar god in GnR.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2005, 11:02:35 PM »

I still think BH will be back when the album drops, even if he doesnt, his parts still i would hope would be all over cd.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2005, 11:34:37 PM »

I really don't think bucket is coming back. Personally, I believe he left because he needed to commit to other projects and couldn't be on call anymore, waiting for what would probably turn out to be lost years. I suspect also the flap in Philly didn't sit too well with him. As Saul said, bucket is great to his fans and is the consummate performer. If bucket was unhappy with the situation in gnr, then the band must have been in a state of utter chaos or intolerable malaise. Regarding Bucket's comments about CD, he seemed to be geniunely eager for the world to hear the album. I hope B gets the credit that he deserves when this drops.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2005, 11:37:13 PM »

I really would like to see buckthead in the band if his parts are going to be on CD.? I saw them in Vegas and loved him with the band but if he is gonna be a dick i'd rather have fortus and fink take over and redo everything.? They dont need Buckethead.? They dont need his parts either.? He image in gnr is tainted in my mind.? I dont think I can be happy about hearing a solo he did knowing he dicked Axl over.? I also really like Robin Fink's guitar playing and think he could be a guitar god in GnR.

so you're sort of the opinion like i'm struggling with... ?better off without his parts on CD if he's not around
another thing! ?how are Robin and Fortus going to feel possibly (if his contributions are/remain major) playing 'second fiddle'... er.. second guitar to a guy that is not even there?
or how would they feel at that point not only having to cover Slash and Izzy's stuff (on the old/classic material that will to an extent still be performed live)...
but on top of that ALSO having to cover Buckethead's stuff?

oi vey *smacks head*

the more i think about it the more i think: ?no buckethead in band = no buckethead in material

but *sigh* IF its been incorporated in such a way that Finck and Fortus are the leads (and i don't really see any way around that!)....
then i guess it could work ? nervous ?crying Huh?

geez.. my head hurts! ?confused
wonder how Axl and the guys must feel about this fiasco! ?Sad

slashsaxl
VIP

I'll never find anyone to replace you....

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2005, 01:32:48 AM »

buckethead's parts should stay, he's an oddball, but he's got the gift, i'm pretty sure we'll here buckethead on chinese democracy when we get it

rock n' roll

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll....
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2005, 01:59:38 AM »

I'm suprised so many people want Buckethead's parts on the album that much.  I'm undecided on what I think of the whole situation... I mean, would you want Axl to include a riff that Slash recorded in 1995 on the album?

With each band member that leaves it just feels more and more like this album is being pieced together with duct tape.  Chinese Democracy is certain to go at least 3 times platinum if everyone who's ever worked on the album buys a copy.
Warren
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2005, 02:23:22 AM »

Are you talking about the traitor Buckethead ?

I can't believe it ! nervous
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2005, 03:55:42 AM »

I strongly feel that if a lead guitarist such as Buckethead leaves the band, as talented as he is, his parts should be re-done by someone else currently in the band (in their own style of course). Otherwise it would be kinda awkward for me... I don't know. Like someone else said it was different with Izzy cause he left after the album was released (not a year before) and he was the rhythm player.

That being said though, I could live with his parts remaining on the album as long as they are breathtaking  ok

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2005, 09:01:31 AM »

I've never seen Buckethead as a leading force of the new GN'R, but rather as an additional guitar player. A guy who made some guitar solos there and then, and that's it. 75% of the guitar job was made buy the duet Fink/Fortus. Look, BH didn't even play at all on "the blues". Go to gunsnroses.us, download "the blues boston Live 3 cam" and watch the video: There's no Buckethead on stage and the song sounds as good as the other ones. Finck did the first solo and Fortus the outro, that was perfect. Believe me: 2 guitars + 2 keyboards are way enough. Buckethead is not indispensable at all.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 09:04:04 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2005, 09:11:12 AM »

If Buckethead is not in the band, I don't want to hear him on Chinese Democracy.  Axl told us why Buckethead was in GNR, basically to promote is solo work.  Therefore, Buckethead should not be on CD.  Buckethead is obviously a very talented guitarist.  He is very fast.  But I don't hear any real emotion in his solos.  It's kind of hard to explain, but the guitar solos in Coma and Slither take you on an emotional journey when you hear them.  I never got that feeling from BH.  Leave him off CD and either have Robin do it all, or someone who will stick as a member of Axl's band.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2005, 09:17:25 AM »

There is only one solution, Axl takes 7years to learn to play guitar Bucket style? ok
I don't think BH will be back with Gn'R again? no

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2005, 10:09:06 AM »

so you're sort of the opinion like i'm struggling with... ?better off without his parts on CD if he's not around
another thing! ?how are Robin and Fortus going to feel possibly (if his contributions are/remain major) playing 'second fiddle'... er.. second guitar to a guy that is not even there?
or how would they feel at that point not only having to cover Slash and Izzy's stuff (on the old/classic material that will to an extent still be performed live)...
but on top of that ALSO having to cover Buckethead's stuff?

oi vey *smacks head*

the more i think about it the more i think: ?no buckethead in band = no buckethead in material

well, on one hand i don't care if bucket is on the album or not... but i think he'll be on CD (and under the assumption that there are albums - he won't be on the other 2) and hopefully i'm not too offtopic, that's a possible reason, that CD isn't out yet. redoing or better changing stuff on a lot of songs.
anyways... we'll see.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2005, 07:26:33 PM »

If Buckethead is not in the band, I don't want to hear him on Chinese Democracy.  Axl told us why Buckethead was in GNR, basically to promote is solo work.  Therefore, Buckethead should not be on CD.  Buckethead is obviously a very talented guitarist.  He is very fast.  But I don't hear any real emotion in his solos.  It's kind of hard to explain, but the guitar solos in Coma and Slither take you on an emotional journey when you hear them.  I never got that feeling from BH.  Leave him off CD and either have Robin do it all, or someone who will stick as a member of Axl's band.

roflmfao! I love it when you well informed buckethead fans grace us with your knowledge. Hey lookie lookie , Buckethead can play fast and only fast and he doesnt play with emotion!

Roll Eyes

I've said it before , I'll say it again , Buckethead can play fast enough to melt your face , then in a blink of an eye can play with enough emotion to melt your heart.

If you dont think Buckethead can play with "emotion" then I URGE you to listen to Bucketheads albums colma , eletric tears and even population override. Then come back and tell me bucket has no emotion in his solo's.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2005, 08:52:26 PM »

roflmfao! I love it when you well informed buckethead fans grace us with your knowledge. Hey lookie lookie , Buckethead can play fast and only fast and he doesnt play with emotion!

Roll Eyes

I've said it before , I'll say it again , Buckethead can play fast enough to melt your face , then in a blink of an eye can play with enough emotion to melt your heart.

If you dont think Buckethead can play with "emotion" then I URGE you to listen to Bucketheads albums colma , eletric tears and even population override. Then come back and tell me bucket has no emotion in his solo's.

Damn straight! I have never heard a piece of music more emotional than I Love My Parents. Colma has so many great songs, filled with as many chicken hearts as the Colonel could conceivably grind up into tenders in a year's time. Anyone who thinks Bucket only shreds hasn't heard enough Buckethead.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: