Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:21:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Greatest Hits chart positions thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Greatest Hits chart positions thread  (Read 133784 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #480 on: February 27, 2008, 09:58:55 AM »

I am sure it took a chunk out of UYI but I think AFD still sells about 3000 or so a week.

You reckon? gh is rather afd heavy with just a few songs from 2 uyi discs.
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #481 on: February 28, 2008, 03:59:56 AM »

True, very AFD heavy - GH got 3 AFD tracks and only 7 from UYI

Wink

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
madagas
« Reply #482 on: February 28, 2008, 07:17:01 AM »

it doesn't matter, afd is still a classic and sells alot more than uyi-it is a fact. I will try to find a link later but anyone with access to Soundscan or billboard numbers could help. ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #483 on: February 28, 2008, 01:17:06 PM »

it matters. Cheesy I assume that the amazing tours in 06 and 07 are in a way helping the sales.

Wink
and many covers Wink

who is the dumbass? me of course. Embarrassed
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #484 on: February 28, 2008, 03:06:33 PM »

it matters. Cheesy I assume that the amazing tours in 06 and 07 are in a way helping the sales.

Wink
and many covers Wink

two covers.  And SFTD which of course wasn't on UYI.....

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #485 on: February 28, 2008, 03:57:58 PM »

Wink
and many covers Wink

LALD, KOHD, AIF, SFTD and SIDHY are 5 covers
don_vercetti
VIP

Oui Oui, motherfuckers...

« Reply #486 on: February 28, 2008, 05:26:40 PM »

Wink
and many covers Wink

LALD, KOHD, AIF, SFTD and SIDHY are 5 covers

Touche.  I failed as a smartass.

If you mod me now, I will become more insightful than you can possibly imagine
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #487 on: February 28, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »

As reported at Yahoo Music:

"For the second week in a row, Jack Johnson's Sleep Through The Static and Michael Jackson's Thriller 25 are the top two albums in the U.S. Or are they?

They are, if you look at the Top Comprehensive Albums chart compiled by Nielsen/SoundScan. Johnson is #1 for the week with sales of 105,000 copies, trailed by Jackson with 63,000 copies. (The gap between the two is wider than it was last week, when just 14,000 copies separated them.)

But Jackson is nowhere to be found on the list of Top Current Albums that is published each week (as The Billboard 200) in Billboard magazine. The top 10 from that chart is reprinted in countless newspapers and websites around the world, including this one. The reason for the omission, as I explained last week, is that Nielsen/SoundScan and Billboard exclude catalog titles-defined as albums that are 18 months old or older-from the main chart. (Continuously running "current" hits are exempted.)

The idea is to make more room on the chart for new albums, which need every break they can get. This week, the rule resulted in 31 older albums being removed from Top Current Albums and shifted over to Top Catalog Albums. Just four of these 31 titles would have ranked in the top 100: Thriller 25, which would have ranked #2; Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers' Greatest Hits, #63; Guns N' Roses' Greatest Hits, #64, and Bob Marley & the Wailers' Legend, #84."

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
Ismellbetterthanyou
Opening Act

« Reply #488 on: November 16, 2010, 10:28:12 AM »

Last week if I'm correct: 168 guns n?roses greatest hits 2,963 0 2,969 4,866,516

Will probably hit the 5 million units sold end 2012.
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #489 on: November 16, 2010, 10:37:18 AM »

Last week if I'm correct: 168 guns n?roses greatest hits 2,963 0 2,969 4,866,516

Will probably hit the 5 million units sold end 2012.

All's I can say is that I was one of those 4.8 million. Here's to 150,000 more. Cool
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #490 on: November 16, 2010, 02:35:35 PM »

this shows that there is no way chinese democracy sold 5 million it was in the charts for a fraction of the time , i imagine it probably shipped 5 million but sold around 2.5 to 3 mill
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #491 on: November 16, 2010, 02:46:10 PM »

this shows that there is no way chinese democracy sold 5 million it was in the charts for a fraction of the time , i imagine it probably shipped 5 million but sold around 2.5 to 3 mill

You're wrong.

Nobody has claimed that Chinese sold 5 million in the US.. That's a worldwide figure.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #492 on: November 17, 2010, 07:06:21 AM »

You're wrong.

Nobody has claimed that Chinese sold 5 million in the US.. That's a worldwide figure.

i know i meant there is no way its sold 5 million worldwide, im not bothered or having a pop at anyone i couldnt care less how much its sold i love it and thats all that matters, but the GH is still in the british charts and the american charts and it aint sold that many copies, chinese demo was in and out the charts very quickly in most countries obviously due to lack of promo         
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #493 on: November 17, 2010, 07:24:09 AM »

You're wrong.

i know i meant there is no way its sold 5 million worldwide, im not bothered or having a pop at anyone i couldnt care less how much its sold i love it and thats all that matters, but the GH is still in the british charts and the american charts and it aint sold that many copies, chinese demo was in and out the charts very quickly in most countries obviously due to lack of promo         
GH collections sell over time... that's why.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #494 on: November 17, 2010, 08:18:11 AM »

I was 2 of those 5 million!  Grin

Normal cd and shm-cd  hihi

Oh My God i cant deny this...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #495 on: November 17, 2010, 08:38:16 AM »

ChinDem. Is Disc UNDERGROUND. Excelent Sales.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #496 on: November 17, 2010, 10:01:21 AM »

You're wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 4.8 million sales for GH is for the US only.  CD sales of roughly 5 million is worldwide.  Sales in the US, last I heard were less than a million.  So the comparison should be between 4.8 million and less than a million.  Are you doubting CD sold 4+ million outside of the US?  We have to go with what we're told.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #497 on: November 17, 2010, 10:08:02 AM »

You're wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 4.8 million sales for GH is for the US only.  CD sales of roughly 5 million is worldwide.  Sales in the US, last I heard were less than a million.  So the comparison should be between 4.8 million and less than a million.  Are you doubting CD sold 4+ million outside of the US?  We have to go with what we're told.

Exactly, GH has probably (just guessing here) sold around 10 million worldwide.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #498 on: March 16, 2012, 04:53:24 PM »

Greatest Hits is the #25 top selling album of the last 10 years from March 10, 2002 through the week ending March 11, 2002.  Over 5MM albums sold in the US alone:

25. Guns N' Roses, Greatest Hits, 5,161,000. This is the best-selling greatest hits album of the last 10 years, beating out Elvis Presley's Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits (4,805,000) and Michael Jackson's Number Ones (4,753,000). The album contains six top 10 hits, including the chart-topping "Sweet Child O' Mine." Released: March 2004. Top 200 rank: #144.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-watch/chart-watch-extra-top-albums-last-10-years-181452729.html

jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #499 on: March 19, 2012, 05:41:31 AM »

Wow, that's pretty impressive. Especially beating Michael's compilation considering the boost in sales following his death.

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: