Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:26:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 75950 times)
eze
Headliner

Tough times never last... tough people do!

« on: April 18, 2005, 04:54:28 PM »

What the heck is going on with this? This can't be possibly be true. Does the club owner realize his club will be trashed if it is just a cover band?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=495&ncid=762&e=4&u=/ap/20050421/ap_en_mu/music_minute_no_guns_show

Entertainment - AP Music

Georgia Club Hopes for Guns N' Roses Show

22 minutes ago   Entertainment - AP Music

By JANET MORRISSEY, For The Associated Press

Guns N' Roses fans nationwide started buzzing recently when Atlanta radio station 96Rock began advertising that the reclusive Axl Rose would be performing at a club in Cartersville, Ga., on Friday.

Even more exciting: Rose was said to be teaming up with former bandmate and songwriting partner Izzy Stradlin. The promo on the rock station's website promised a "three-hour set," with the $20 tickets limited to one per customer.

But it appears there will be no show. "Axl will not be there," GNR manager Merck Mercuriadis told The Associated Press.

Why not? The answer was unclear Thursday.

The radio station's program director, Jeff McMurray, initially stood by his promotion. He told AP he had seen contracts signed by Rose and Stradlin to appear at Coyotes, capacity 2,000. While he admits it seemed odd that a band of GNR's stature would play such a small venue, McMurray said it's not an unusual move for big-name bands. He recalled U2 and REM playing the Hurricane, a tiny club in Kansas City, a number of years ago.

But after further investigation, McMurray backtracked. "Although we have contracts stating that they'll be there, evidently (the contracts) are not from Axl Rose," he said.

The radio station promotions were pulled ? but the club continued to promote the gig. On Thursday morning, a voicemail on the Coyotes' phone still said GNR was coming to town.

"I sent off a certified check. It was a legitimate booking agency," Coyotes manager Pete Grim said. "I had asked (the agency) several questions about the status of Guns N' Roses because I do know that Velvet Revolver is out and lots of the members from Guns N' Roses went there. But he assured me it wasn't the Velvet Revolver people ? it was actually Rose and other original members."

Grim said he dealt with a booking agency called Bryant Entertainment. AP could not locate a phone number for the company. Strangely, the radio station would not provide a number. Requests to the radio station and club to pass on messages to the booker yielded no results.

The gig would have marked the first time that Rose ? the Howard Hughes of rock ? had performed publicly since promoter Clear Channel pulled the plug on his comeback tour in 2002.

The original GNR lineup imploded in the 1990s over egos and disputes over musical direction, leaving only Rose and keyboard player Dizzy Reed to continue under the GNR name. Partway through the comeback tour, Rose failed to show up for a gig in Philadelphia, causing riots, which led to the tour's demise.

Rose and his much-hyped album, "Chinese Democracy," which is 10 years in the making, have not been heard from since.

AP article added. It is definitely a hoax. Do not get your hopes up. /Will
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 03:03:43 PM by Will » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »

This is all new to me. Can you fill me in?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
eze
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 04:58:09 PM »

They are promoting guns n roses will be there this Friday.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »

Wow. I`m down in Florida and a month or so ago I heard some promotion on the radio regarding a GNR cover band. Think they were called Appetite for Destruction. Wonder if its the same guys?

To promote a cover band as the actual GNR is gonna come back & bite that guy in the ass HARD.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
eze
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 05:03:29 PM »

I would think so too, but here is the number - 770-386-2337
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 05:11:59 PM »

record the message and post it as a link so we can hear  Tongue

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 05:26:22 PM »

Here's a synopsis of what I heard:
"Thank you for calling Coyote's...the home of Guns N' Roses!" Then he goes on to say twice that Guns N' Roses will be there this Friday. Tells how to get tickets, how to get to the bar. Ends the call with an enthusastic "GUNS N' ROSES" this Friday!!!

The fact that he says the "home of Guns N' Roses" makes me weary, as it's probably a shitty local cover band or something.
eze
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 05:33:16 PM »

wouldn't there be some legal ramifications? As false advertisement or from GNR themselves?
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 05:38:18 PM »

This may be such small potatoes that management aren't even going to bother.
Other than that, I have no idea why they wouldn't do anything about this?

If GnR were really going to come there, don't u think the recording would have said the name "Axl Rose" at least?

eze
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 05:44:50 PM »

I'm sure word has spread to management by now I hope.  Maybe they are just playing videos... I guess we will see Friday night. Anyone in Atlanta willing to go?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 06:01:36 PM »

Management did say this club didn't have any contact wiht anyone remotely connected to GN'R. It is almost certainly an hoax (i.e: supposed IRS premiere on a NY radio last week - people like to play with GN'R fans).

eze
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 06:12:53 PM »

but wouldn't management step in and tell this place to stop promoting GNR? I smell a riot if it is a hoax or a lynching of the club owner!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 06:34:58 PM »

thier legal 'out' or escuse MAYbe that whoever is playing (we'll assume LIVE) is named Gunz and Rozes or something else that only SOUNDS like Guns N' Roses...
have they advertised this in any form of print using "Guns N' Roses"?
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 06:38:33 PM »

The fact that management are aware of this and have been for several weeks now, yet have said nothing to the club about the legal ramifications is quite strange. mike91 over at mygnr has gone to the club and spoke to the manager (or owner I can't remember which) who is quite confident that GNR will show and says he's got a contract or something along those lines. The club seriously believes GNR will be there. I feel that they are not the ones scamming the fans, but rather someone is scamming them. Or maybe Axl and co. will show up, stranger things have happened. We'll just have to wait until Friday night to find out, unless management or the club makes some kind of announcement earlier than that. Most likely situation (in my mind) is that someone is screwing with the club, but to what purpose I don't know.

P.S. They have fliers and vouchers printed up with "Guns N' Roses" on them, the actual name not some goofy take on it. Someone over at mygnr claimed to have seen them.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 06:47:29 PM »

The fact that management are aware of this and have been for several weeks now, yet have said nothing to the club about the legal ramifications is quite strange. mike91 over at mygnr has gone to the club and spoke to the manager (or owner I can't remember which) who is quite confident that GNR will show and says he's got a contract or something along those lines. The club seriously believes GNR will be there. I feel that they are not the ones scamming the fans, but rather someone is scamming them. Or maybe Axl and co. will show up, stranger things have happened. We'll just have to wait until Friday night to find out, unless management or the club makes some kind of announcement earlier than that. Most likely situation (in my mind) is that someone is screwing with the club, but to what purpose I don't know.

hmm..  well, at this point they should be checking out the promoter or whoever they are dealing with...
especially as they now have now likely been told that management has said what they've said (that Guns N' Roses is NOT going to be there)

P.S. They have fliers and vouchers printed up with "Guns N' Roses" on them, the actual name not some goofy take on it. Someone over at mygnr claimed to have seen them.

ah... thanks for the reply  ok

ya really gotta wonder then what the hell is up with this whole deal  Huh
jnn
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 06:52:01 PM »

Someone at My GNR (or maybe it was a different board) posted an actual ticket that said Guns N Roses on it.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 07:12:36 PM »

If for some strange reason this isn`t bs, it would be just awesome for GNR to come out of the woodwork and do a club show. Maybe that is why it isn`t heavily promoted, so 10,000 people don`t show up. Yeah, I might be reaching on this one but when you`ve been a fan for this long ya gotta reach for somethin`.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 07:37:01 PM »

craigers over at mygnr posted the flyer and ticket...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 08:00:47 PM »

we need a lawsuit here

no offense to anyone on the board

but i find nothing lamer than a cover/tribute bands

if u are a hobby musician and u enjoy it, thats great but i find tribute bands sorta sad and pathetic

like im gonna pretend to be some guy im not.

like in the movie "rock star"

id rather fail as myself than succeed as someone else.

sue these bastards for using GNR to sell tickets and i hope people tear the damn place down.

i guess it would be axl's fault if the club got rioted. Roll Eyes

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005, 08:28:44 PM »

i guess it would be axl's fault if the club got rioted.? Roll Eyes

lol!
wonder if that is whoever's plan
to sell the tickets and then the night of to announce that Axl didn't show up? Shocked

if this place were in Philly the place would likely be LEVELED!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: