Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:25:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 76486 times)
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2005, 10:10:28 PM »

There is nothing at www.96rock.com

Shouldn't everybody be trying to match Dizzy's, Tommy's, Rcihard's schedule with this Friday?

Exactly what part of? IT'S FAKE!!! don't you understand?

it's not nice to yell at people.

glad to see management is putting its foot down and telling the club to stop promoting these tickets, because they dont want to see all those local atlanta folk buying tickets for a false show.

oh wait, all management has done is tell the radio to stop promoting the show and posting a message through an intermediary on a message board.

i'm sure all those people who live near the bar and don't follow gnr online but have seen the flyers for the show but still have an interest in seeing gnr play should know better. it's theyre fault for not knowing the club is obviously lying. cuz everyone buying tickets is a hardcore fan, right?

what part of THE CLUB IS STILL USING THE GUNS N ROSES NAME TO DEFRAUD PEOPLE AND NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT IT!!!! don't you understand?

you and jarmo don't seem very concerned. But some people are. because there are some people who havent seen the tiny message sanctuary has passed on through an intermediary on an online fan board and will therefore buy tickets to this show anyway.

now you know me better
SLCPUNK
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2005, 10:13:52 PM »

20 dollars?? Come on.? I remeber Axl talking at the Joint shows how he had to charge over one hundred dollars because of the small venue and short notice.? I highly doubt a small Atlanta club would sell twenty dollar tickets.

Yea, we paid 150 each.

If it were real I'd change the oil and drive my ass up there in a heartbeat though.....
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2005, 10:15:49 PM »

just because we have not heard any response from axl's legal team doesn't mean that they haven't or aren't doing anything about this false event.

if i am going to believe in anything, it'll be axl's legal team doing something about this by 5pm on april 22, 2005.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 10:20:08 PM by dolphin » Logged
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2005, 10:29:58 PM »

Here is my question...Why would some Country/Rock bar located 50 miles north of Atlanta promote a band that hasn't done shit in 10 yrs? And its not like Atlanta is a hotbed for GnR. They havent been to town since 1988. Nobody talks about them on the radio...around here you may hear SCOM or WTTJ once or twice a week on the radio. This town loves Hip-Hop or whatever that crap is called today.
The radio station said, they have seen a copy of the contracts. The bar is promoting it on the phone line etc. If anything Gnr is the last band you pick to get in a legal scrap with....
I may not believe they are coming ....I just can see the benefit of claiming GNR is coming if they are not.
GunnerRose
Headliner

You can make my money Tonight!

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2005, 11:04:19 PM »

Seems like april 22 is open on everyone's calender. In fact, they all seem to have enough to to leave their last show and drive to georgia.
Shouldn't Mysterion be putting this rumor to bed? He usually speaks up by now?
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2005, 11:27:57 PM »

Seriously people, quit trying to figure out ways that it is not a hoax. First and most importantly, why would GN'R play some shitty ass club in atlanta?  which is on the other side of the country, if they wanted to do some small club gig, don't you think they have thousands of clubs in the hollywood area?? This rumor would actually have been credible except for the fact that it is supposedly going to happen in atlanta.? That just doesn't make much sense at all, unless they are using the twirl around until you get really dizzy and then pick a spot on the map method of booking gigs.?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 12:01:01 AM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2005, 11:50:16 PM »

There is nothing at www.96rock.com

yeah i see there its not there ...  but unless someone at google likes messing with GN'R fans...  the link posted earlier in this thread did take you to a previously cached version of a page at 96rock.com that DID have a the print promo bit just like the SonofAGun posted.  The page that came up had the classic GN'R logo.  apparently they have had to take it down.  chances are the phone message at the club will also soon be discontinued.
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2005, 12:09:36 AM »

Yeah, and GNR is playing at my house on Saturday night. Roll Eyes

Somebody please lock this thread.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2005, 06:14:05 AM »

First the bar Manager stated it was Axl and Izzy as orininal members. Thats your first hint that its fake!!
Second Merck has talked to the Manager and apperently the manager doesn't get it.
Third Dizzy has a show of his own that night!
I think the manager is being messed with! And someone is going to pay!! I was tempted to hop on a plane just to see what transpires, either way. Sounds like someone on the boards will check it out down there!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2005, 08:26:17 AM »

?
Yeah, and GNR is playing at my house on Saturday night. Roll Eyes

Somebody please lock this thread.

What time should we all be at your house? rofl

Yes, someone please lock this thread.? This Atlanta show was never was going to happen in the first place and I just love how certain posters on here try and make a hoax into something real.? ?Roll Eyes
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2005, 08:27:21 AM »

you and jarmo don't seem very concerned. But some people are. because there are some people who havent seen the tiny message sanctuary has passed on through an intermediary on an online fan board and will therefore buy tickets to this show anyway.

Concerned about what?

I've said it looks like a fake to me.

As Gypsy and Eva pointed out, the radio statition stopped promoting the show already.

I also mentioned that I hope the people doing this gets dealt with.

What I'm not "concerned" about, is the people on this board who still think GN'R are actually playing some bar in GA and are trying to convince the rest of us.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 08:30:03 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2005, 08:33:12 AM »

"lol!
wonder if that is whoever's plan
to sell the tickets and then the night of to announce that Axl didn't show up 

if this place were in Philly the place would likely be LEVELED!"

LOL! either that...or just plain empty...it would be the fans turn to get "ill" at that point, Ha! hihi
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2005, 08:42:03 AM »

Concerned about what?

I've said it looks like a fake to me.

As Gypsy and Eva pointed out, the radio statition stopped promoting the show already.

I also mentioned that I hope the people doing this gets dealt with.

What I'm not "concerned" about, is the people on this board who still think GN'R are actually playing some bar in GA and are trying to convince the rest of us.

/jarmo

did you even read the last sentence of mine that you quoted? i'm going to give you a second to read it now before i continue, because i think it answers your question directly.... go on, read it....

done? ok i'll continue now.

you know full well that merck could get the club to stop promoting the show in about 5 minutes if he wanted to. what you should be concerned about is that there are many people, espoecially those in the atlanta area near the club, who never read these message boards and thus don't know that the show is a fake, yet they will spend their time and money to go see this show because they see the flyer or hear about it through word of mouth.

sooooo, while you say you hope the people doing this get dealt with, what you DON'T say is that you hope management gets off their asses and forces the club to stop promoting this show and ripping off innocent gnr fans who have not stumbled across a hard-to-find message by sanctuary that says the show won't happen.

in my mind, that is alot more damaging than some people on a message board who think a show will happen.

now you know me better
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2005, 08:43:49 AM »

Watch ther be a riot and this guy who is promoting this loses his bar.

I was kinda hopeful at first, but when the radio station stops promoting it and Dizzy has a gig somewhere wlse the same night that proves this is bs.

How this place is getting away with this is beyond me.

I can sort of understand if the bar owner is really stupid and thinks GNR will really be there, after all this is in the backwoods of Georgia. If it turns out to be a cover band and fans really get duped, all hell will break loose.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2005, 08:50:31 AM »

sooooo, while you say you hope the people doing this get dealt with, what you DON'T say is that you hope management gets off their asses and forces the club to stop promoting this show and ripping off innocent gnr fans who have not stumbled across a hard-to-find message by sanctuary that says the show won't happen.

What exactly do you think I meant? Maybe you have some conspiracy theory about what I really meant?

I hope somebody (management, lawyers, police, FBI, the president, UN or Batman) does something about it so it won't happen again.

Clear enough for you?

I'm sure if there was a cease and desist letter, some of you would claim it's fake and the show was still gonna happen....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2005, 08:56:36 AM »

Aww Jarmo,

You left out Spiderman.  DARKNEMUS will tell you that only spiderman can save the day rofl
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2005, 08:59:50 AM »

What exactly do you think I meant? Maybe you have some conspiracy theory about what I really meant?

I hope somebody (management, lawyers, police, FBI, the president, UN or Batman) does something about it so it won't happen again.

Clear enough for you?

I'm sure if there was a cease and desist letter, some of you would claim it's fake and the show was still gonna happen....

/jarmo

here is what you say: i hope these guys are sued or arrested (at some point) for promoting a fake show.

here is what i am saying: i hope management acts NOW to stop the club from promoting this show and preventing all those people who live in atlanta and are going to the show from actually spending their time and money.

do you see the difference? i'm actually worried about those people who still think there is a show (because they haven't heard otherwise). this is for a few reasons. first, the gnr name is being used to defraud people of their valuable time and money. this isn't right. second, people may come away thinking that gnr ditched the show at the last minute- which is horribly bad PR for the band. third, if there is no show there may be a riot, violence, etc.

hence, management needs to act now to stop the club from promoting the show. tell me you agree with this and i'll stop this discussion.

now you know me better
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2005, 09:01:56 AM »

Whoa, if Batman gets involved, that would be so wicked cool. ?Because whereever there's Batman, Catwoman can't be far behind. ?Pfeifferific!

You mentioned the President and the FBI - how could you possibly leave out the IRS? ?Although I commend you for not going for the obvious joke there.

By the way, just to clarify - in case your veiled "people who try to convince others this show is going to happen" comments were directed, possibly, towards me. ?*I* don't think the show is happening. ?I've said so since my first post on the matter - I'm simply fascinated by the entire situation. ?What I *DO* believe, though, is that the club thinks its happening. ?So, yes, I'm curious as to why. ?I seriously hope no one gets hurt Friday night - because this has a high chaos potential written all over it.

Oh yeah, and to the Spidey commenter - yes, Spidey would run roughshod all over Batman's butt Smiley

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2005, 09:07:49 AM »

hence, management needs to act now to stop the club from promoting the show. tell me you agree with this and i'll stop this discussion.

Oh my God.

Where did I something that disagreed with that? For all we know, they might already be working on it.

You seem very upset about it. But I do remember this other "show" in Budapest where they sold tickets as well. Were you this upset over that as well? Or are you more upset about my choice of words?  Tongue

What's this "discussion" about anyway? My choice of words?

You honestly think that I think it's a cool thing of this bar to do? That somehow I think everybody should be allowed to sell GN'R tickets because GN'R are supposed to play a three hour show at their bar?

/jarmo

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2005, 09:19:37 AM »

Clear enough for you?

/jarmo

Batman's busy that night! Smiley

Oh, and dark...Bats would wipe the floor with Spidey....as long as he had time to prepare! Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: