Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:38:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 76490 times)
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #500 on: April 25, 2005, 03:04:27 AM »

motley crue songs are played in arenas everywhere still as well, I dont think a song being a hit in arenas means anything.

just cause a song isnt played at sporting events doesnt make it any less classic.

also No album in the history of music has ever sold 20million copies in 2 months, 20 million in 18 years though would be accurate.

once again it hasnt been 10 years, i am gonna scream if i have to keep correcting people about this

Duff was still in the fuckin band 10 years ago.

axl spent several years getting familiar with computer technology, finding new band members with the right chemistry and working on music.

I would say they've been working on it for 6 years or so which is still a long time but we dont know what all has went on behind the scenes.

everyone's problem is Appetite For Destruction, people need to get off that cd, it was great an amazing album but not everything has to be judged against that cd.

i enjoy the illusions just as much if not more than AFD, there are other albums i hold in the same regard if not higher than Appetite For Destruction.

this isnt gonna be AFD part 2, just like VR wont be able to recreate AFD part 2

doesnt mean the songs wont be any less kick ass, but its not gonna be like Appetite, they are older,richer and in a different mindset now.

so the music will be great but different.

Estranged is my fav GNR song of all time but its not on the radio or played in arenas

i could give a fuck about commercial appeal or success but i guarantee it has a great shot at blowing everything GNR have done away with me and thats all i care about.

dude, i dont know why you brought up duff in the first place, but this is seriously off-topic. don't discuss it in this thread! :-) thanks...

now you know me better
chadj76
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #501 on: April 25, 2005, 03:32:15 AM »

motley crue songs are played in arenas everywhere still as well, I dont think a song being a hit in arenas means anything.

just cause a song isnt played at sporting events doesnt make it any less classic.

also No album in the history of music has ever sold 20million copies in 2 months, 20 million in 18 years though would be accurate.

once again it hasnt been 10 years, i am gonna scream if i have to keep correcting people about this

Duff was still in the fuckin band 10 years ago.

axl spent several years getting familiar with computer technology, finding new band members with the right chemistry and working on music.

I would say they've been working on it for 6 years or so which is still a long time but we dont know what all has went on behind the scenes.

everyone's problem is Appetite For Destruction, people need to get off that cd, it was great an amazing album but not everything has to be judged against that cd.

i enjoy the illusions just as much if not more than AFD, there are other albums i hold in the same regard if not higher than Appetite For Destruction.

this isnt gonna be AFD part 2, just like VR wont be able to recreate AFD part 2

doesnt mean the songs wont be any less kick ass, but its not gonna be like Appetite, they are older,richer and in a different mindset now.

so the music will be great but different.

Estranged is my fav GNR song of all time but its not on the radio or played in arenas

i could give a fuck about commercial appeal or success but i guarantee it has a great shot at blowing everything GNR have done away with me and thats all i care about.

Dude, errr.......put the pipe down.......Repeat after me "crack is wack"

Don't damn me when I speak a piece of my mind 'cause silence isn't golden when I'm holding it inside
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #502 on: April 25, 2005, 07:02:36 AM »

lookin' back just a few posts i don't think D started this topic here...

but anyway

kick ass  post D  peace

and um...

as expected the owner is blaming Axl...
and from what we can tell, he is/has gotten away with his scam
*thumbs down*
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #503 on: April 25, 2005, 08:33:17 AM »

why you keep sticking up for management is beyond me. they made a mistake in how they handled this? no

I keep saying over and over, they haven't commented on it so we have no clue about what they're doing. This is pretty normal in the GN'R world. We read something, then we have people analyzing it, speculating about what it means and pointing fingers.

Yes, it would've been nice if they didn't sell tickets saying "GN'R" on them because it fooled some fans into thinking GN'R could actually play even though they were told they wouldn't.

How about the radio station? Did they mention that GN'R wouldn't play after they were told the show wouldn't happen? You don't blame them for first hyping the show and then not making sure everybody knew it wasn't gonna happen?

I still think Budapest was different. It was made to look like a real big show. It wasn't some country bar in some small town. It was an airfield that could have a capacity of tens of thousands of people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #504 on: April 25, 2005, 08:49:18 AM »

I totally agree with jarmo

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
WanaBGunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #505 on: April 25, 2005, 09:03:08 AM »

Ok, this post is way to long for me to read threw and figure out wtf happend. So some1 please fill me in on WTF went on. Thx
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #506 on: April 25, 2005, 09:20:24 AM »

nah nah nah
trues GNR fans read the entire thread!

jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #507 on: April 25, 2005, 10:28:16 AM »

Axl has missed let's see, Montreal,Vancouver and Philly

3 shows out of what 500?

hardly 90%

That was just the 3 shows out of the 15 or so they played in 2002.  What about the numerous shows he has cancelled before that.  I was just pointing out this incorrect statement
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #508 on: April 25, 2005, 10:37:10 AM »

no, it was 2 shows cancelled on the 02 tour.... the montreal cancellation was not during the 2002 tour

i believe the poster was pointing out the most notorious cancellations period.

AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #509 on: April 25, 2005, 11:16:59 AM »

I keep saying over and over, they haven't commented on it so we have no clue about what they're doing. This is pretty normal in the GN'R world. We read something, then we have people analyzing it, speculating about what it means and pointing fingers.

the point isn't what management is doing NOW, it is what they did BEFORE the concert. I know for a fact that as of the thursday before the show, management was asking the club to stop promoting guns n roses. since when does sanctuary kindly ask someone to do something? the fact that they couldnt find a legal way to FORCE the club to stop promoting the show is just pathetic- what are they getting paid for? also, if they hadnt been questioned by an AP reporter, all management wouldve said publicly wouldve come via a thirdhand statement on an online message board- hardly official! are you saying i cant analyze that and point fingers?

Yes, it would've been nice if they didn't sell tickets saying "GN'R" on them because it fooled some fans into thinking GN'R could actually play even though they were told they wouldn't.

yes, that would've been very "nice" of them. We shouldve baked them a cake to show them how nice they were if they did that Roll Eyes

How about the radio station? Did they mention that GN'R wouldn't play after they were told the show wouldn't happen? You don't blame them for first hyping the show and then not making sure everybody knew it wasn't gonna happen?

Sure, the radio station couldve said something to the listeners. But what does that have to do with management? at the end of the day, the radio station isn't getting paid by GNR to manage their name and public relations... or is it?  Huh sure, the radio station seems like it didnt give a fuck about its listeners, but to be honest i dont give a fuck about the radio station, so i'm not gonna talk about them.

I still think Budapest was different. It was made to look like a real big show. It wasn't some country bar in some small town. It was an airfield that could have a capacity of tens of thousands of people.

so in other words, management shouldnt have given a crap about this show? well, perhaps that is why we disagree. but i cant really tell because you made like 4 different arguments in your post. of all of them, i can accept this one the most. but i still think management shouldve done more than they did to protect the gnr name.  Smiley

now you know me better
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2005, 11:22:13 AM »

You know I am sure someone has pointed this out already but there are legal ramifications in using a "name" falsely to promote any kind of transaction.  That is why I think some people are suprised that there has been no mention of any kind of legal action taken against the club.  And that they were still able to use the GNR name to make money, because that is what happened.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #511 on: April 25, 2005, 11:35:17 AM »

the point isn't what management is doing NOW, it is what they did BEFORE the concert. I know for a fact that as of the thursday before the show, management was asking the club to stop promoting guns n roses. since when does sanctuary kindly ask someone to do something? the fact that they couldnt find a legal way to FORCE the club to stop promoting the show is just pathetic- what are they getting paid for? also, if they hadnt been questioned by an AP reporter, all management wouldve said publicly wouldve come via a thirdhand statement on an online message board- hardly official! are you saying i cant analyze that and point fingers?

They couldn't find a legal way? Ok, so you have a reason for it now.

sure, the radio station seems like it didnt give a fuck about its listeners, but to be honest i dont give a fuck about the radio station, so i'm not gonna talk about them.

Oh, you don't give a fuck about the radio station who fooled fellow fans to think GN'R were gonna play? If you claimed I was in favor of a riot because of my comments, what are you in favor by saying you don't care about the fact that they didn't do anything to make sure people knew it wasn't gonna happen?

Weren't you concerned about fans getting ripped off? I assume less fans would've gotten ripped off if the radio station had made sure their listeners knew what the deal was.

Seems like you have something against Sanctuary instead of being concerned about the ripped off fans.  Huh

so in other words, management shouldnt have given a crap about this show? well, perhaps that is why we disagree. but i cant really tell because you made like 4 different arguments in your post. of all of them, i can accept this one the most. but i still think management shouldve done more than they did to protect the gnr name.? Smiley

I think it would've been different if this had been in a bigger market. Now it was some place in Georgia....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #512 on: April 25, 2005, 11:36:10 AM »

You know I am sure someone has pointed this out already but there are legal ramifications in using a "name" falsely to promote any kind of transaction.? That is why I think some people are suprised that there has been no mention of any kind of legal action taken against the club.? And that they were still able to use the GNR name to make money, because that is what happened.

a lawsuit may still be underway.

but that doesnt mean they couldnt have issued a cease& desist, and if that didnt work, won an injunction to stop the club from promoting the show and selling tickets. the cops wouldve been able to enforce these at the scene, even if the manager was stupid enough to go ahead.

it seems clear that none of this happened though.

now you know me better
jemin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #513 on: April 25, 2005, 11:42:15 AM »

You know I am sure someone has pointed this out already but there are legal ramifications in using a "name" falsely to promote any kind of transaction.? That is why I think some people are suprised that there has been no mention of any kind of legal action taken against the club.? And that they were still able to use the GNR name to make money, because that is what happened.

a lawsuit may still be underway.

but that doesnt mean they couldnt have issued a cease& desist, and if that didnt work, won an injunction to stop the club from promoting the show and selling tickets. the cops wouldve been able to enforce these at the scene, even if the manager was stupid enough to go ahead.

it seems clear that none of this happened though.

Yeah thats kind of what I meant though I suppose I wasn't that clear.
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #514 on: April 25, 2005, 12:20:50 PM »

Oh, you don't give a fuck about the radio station who fooled fellow fans to think GN'R were gonna play? If you claimed I was in favor of a riot because of my comments, what are you in favor by saying you don't care about the fact that they didn't do anything to make sure people knew it wasn't gonna happen?

Weren't you concerned about fans getting ripped off? I assume less fans would've gotten ripped off if the radio station had made sure their listeners knew what the deal was.

Seems like you have something against Sanctuary instead of being concerned about the ripped off fans.? Huh

um, yes i was concerned about fans getting ripped off and a possible riot...

yes the radio station shouldve said something...

but at the end of the day, i am going to be more concerned with management because they are the ones with the ultimate responsibility to represent GNR and make sure their name is safe. There are many people to blame for this whole incident, and I choose to direct my focus on management, because they are the ones who GNR is paying to stop stuff like this from happening.

Instead they make it seem like GNR doesnt care about its fans, which is probably the worst part of the whole thing if you really think about it.

now you know me better
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #515 on: April 25, 2005, 12:50:34 PM »

I don't really think GNR care about their fans. Or should I say I don't see much evidence to support that proposition.

Here today...ready to rock
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #516 on: April 25, 2005, 01:07:13 PM »

nah nah nah
trues GNR fans read the entire thread!

so to be a true gn'r fan you are required to be unemployed?

What Goes around comes around!
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #517 on: April 25, 2005, 01:10:43 PM »

I conclude from reading this thread that Axlgunner wants to kick Merck's ass hihi

Seriously, why is this still being talked about? Huh  I am sure Sanctuary will handle it correctly even though they won't disclose to us how they are going to handle it. Wink
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 01:12:32 PM by dolphin » Logged
TheGun
Headliner

A splinter in your mind.

« Reply #518 on: April 25, 2005, 02:50:33 PM »

I think calling the local police in that area (GNR management) and stating there is fraud taking place, that GNR did not sign anything and people were getting ripped off should have been done to the extent that an officer or enforcement official should have been there turning people away or with a sign that stated the show was not authorized, it was fraudulent and if you are there to see GNR there is no show. This is one of the reasons for law enforcement... To protect people who are taken advantage of by outright lies and fraud.

I am not pointing fingers at any one person for why this did not happen - but it should have. It would have helped the GNR brand by not having anyone think Axl somehow gave them the big fuck off and it would have been the rigt thing to do to keep people from losing 20 dollars. The fact people "should have known" Axl would not play there does not mean there could have been 2000 people paying 20 dollars who were ripped off. It is not their fault that radio stations advertised it, it is not their fault that these con artists used the GNR name to steal 20 dollars from each of them.

Police should have been there and shut it down or posted notice - to me it is that simple. A call should have been made. Just as if you are selling phony merchandise, stolen merchandise or cheating people on the corner selling goods - this should have been shut down.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #519 on: April 25, 2005, 03:15:36 PM »

Merck stated both on this board and in the AP article that was picked up by various websites that Axl was not going to ge there. Maybe because this venue was so small and so insignificant he decided that that was all that needed to be said on the matter. After all if it wasnt for the guns n roses websites no one outside of Georgia or the radio stations broadcast range would have known about the concert and neither would Merck.

Legal action could be underway, but management probably have bigger things on their plate than some little bar in Georgia. The last things Guns n Roses needs is another lawsuit beside their name. 

Jonx

Jarmo whats with picture change, any reason why???
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 03:35:12 PM by Jonx » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: