Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:02:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CONCERT HOAX: Coyote's in Atlanta  (Read 76500 times)
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2005, 09:30:52 AM »

Pilferk:

Your posts are usually very well researched, logical, and well-argued.  This has been true fotr as long as I've been reading the board, which is to say 5-6 years.  Facts you've presented have been accurate, and, when you presented an opinion different from mine, your effective and thoughtful discussion has made me reflect upon my own assumptions and opinions, and reconsider them.
For the first time, though, I feel you are ignoring obvious evidence and not letting real facts into your analysis.  For once, you are leaning entirely on preconceived notions and emotion when making a call, and I frankly feel this to be not only irresponsible, but out of character.
Are there personal issues affecting your judgement?  Is everything OK up there in my home state?  Has the marmite gone to your brain?
Really, Pilf!  You should consider statements of this magnitude carefully before posting.
Spider-Man would leave Batman as a whimpering pile of guano!  The facts speak for themselves.  Really. hihi hihi hihi

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2005, 09:36:20 AM »

Ok, I think we covered the superheroes for now.

For those of you who missed it:

GN'R are not scheduled to play some bar in Georgia!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2005, 09:58:16 AM »

Heh. That voice recording at the telephone number is funny.

This Friday "will they or won't they" question is the best Guns news since IRS and worth paying attention to. Why everyone is getting bent out of shape about it is silly.

Maybe 96 Rock stopped promoting it because tickets arent available any longer ?  rofl
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2005, 10:08:59 AM »

hence, management needs to act now to stop the club from promoting the show. tell me you agree with this and i'll stop this discussion.

Oh my God.

Where did I something that disagreed with that? For all we know, they might already be working on it.

You seem very upset about it. But I do remember this other "show" in Budapest where they sold tickets as well. Were you this upset over that as well? Or are you more upset about my choice of words?? Tongue

What's this "discussion" about anyway? My choice of words?

You honestly think that I think it's a cool thing of this bar to do? That somehow I think everybody should be allowed to sell GN'R tickets because GN'R are supposed to play a three hour show at their bar?

/jarmo

good, i'm glad you agree with me that management should be working to stop the club from promoting the show and selling tickets as soon as feasibly possible.  ok

it's been over a week since they learned about it, so i hope they are well on their way to dialing the club's phone number. if they need help, tell them i can give them the club's phone number. maybe they misplaced it. Smiley 

ps- the budapest hoax was also a tragedy. but management didn't wait until the day before the concert to get the guy to stop selling tickets.

now you know me better
eze
Headliner

Tough times never last... tough people do!

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2005, 10:41:13 AM »

Something is very fishy with this whole deal.  Huh

If this club owner has a half a brain he would no not to sell tickets for this false advertised show and should also realize he has a potential riot on his hands if he stands up tells eveyone that GNR will not be there. Management needs to cut this thing off at the head asap or how about AXL make a freaking announcement to the public for once on the progress of CD.
terozz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2005, 10:57:49 AM »

Yeah this is a bit unfair, caus fans will go to this "show". No offense to Merck but the only one that fans will trust is Axl, he should release a short statement that they will not be there.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2005, 11:08:25 AM »

good, i'm glad you agree with me that management should be working to stop the club from promoting the show and selling tickets as soon as feasibly possible.? ok

it's been over a week since they learned about it, so i hope they are well on their way to dialing the club's phone number. if they need help, tell them i can give them the club's phone number. maybe they misplaced it. Smiley?

We might think they should do more than what it appears has been done, but I still think they know what they doing. After all, they're the management company and we're not. If they think enough has been done already, then I guess they have a reason for that. I think the Budapest hoax was more spread and more elaborate. They had printed out posters and put them up all over town.

It's unfortunate that fans get fooled by hoaxes like these.

If GN'R were to play a surprise show somewhere, I suspect it would be mentioned in more places than a voice recording on the bar's phone.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lmook
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2005, 11:14:22 AM »

No offense to Merck but the only one that fans will trust is Axl, he should release a short statement that they will not be there.

Dude, you are retarded.? Axl should sit on his ass and do NOTHING.? He has a management team to take care of this kind of thing.? And for all we know, management has done their part.? Why give the fruitcakes at this RANDOM bar any publicity?

Of course GNR management would want to take care of the best interest of the fans, but they shouldn't have to protect a bunch of morons showing up to a show that doesn't exist.
mustashius
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2005, 11:17:31 AM »

Since the article in The New York Times has come out strange things are happening.That,my friends,in the world of money has a name - that's called market research!And maybe one of the reasons that no one in managment doesn't give a fuck about this is that they are in this together!Than,again,I might be wrong...

I've seen a rich man beg
I"ve seen a good man sin
I've seen a tough man cry
I've seen a loser win
And a sad man grin
I heard an honest man lie
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2005, 11:32:15 AM »

No offense to Merck but the only one that fans will trust is Axl, he should release a short statement that they will not be there.

Dude, you are retarded.? Axl should sit on his ass and do NOTHING.? He has a management team to take care of this kind of thing.? And for all we know, management has done their part.? Why give the fruitcakes at this RANDOM bar any publicity?

Of course GNR management would want to take care of the best interest of the fans, but they shouldn't have to protect a bunch of morons showing up to a show that doesn't exist.

you assume that the people going to the show all read gnr message boards, because that is the only place you will find mention of management saying the show isnt true. actually, even then you really have to search to find where management said the show isnt happening.

the problem is that many people who live near atlanta or coyote's may not have read those obscure statements by management. they will therefore probably try to go to the show anyway, having heard it on the radio, through the bar's flyers, or by word of mouth.

that is why, in my opinion, management needs to protect these "morons" as you call them who are gnr fans and will get screwed by this bar. why management has not done this yet is beyond me.

in budapest, only about 70 people actually bought tickets. yet they clamped down on it fast. here, who knows how many people will buy tickets. especially since there are fliers around too.

now you know me better
eze
Headliner

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2005, 12:06:40 PM »

A formal announcement to the press would be nice. I am sure more than 70 people bought tickets to the show. If they announced something in Tulsa, Ok where I am from on the radio that GNR is going to play the Cains' Ballroom Tulsa would be going nuts right now. We heard from management when the New York Times article appeared. Something just isn't right here people.  Huh
lmook
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2005, 12:13:30 PM »

that is why, in my opinion, management needs to protect these "morons" as you call them who are gnr fans and will get screwed by this bar. why management has not done this yet is beyond me.

I disagree- IMO, management is in place to protect the band financially.  If someone is making money by using the GNR name, management WILL put a stop to it.  But as far as management releasing a statement, let alone Axl himself, is ridiculous.  Why give that shitty bar any free publicity?  What keeps me from making flyers and posting the all over town?  or anyone else?  IPersonally, I might be more inclined if I know GNR management would release an official statement with my Bar's name or location in it. 

where do you draw the line of when management will step in a release statements discounting these "fake" shows?
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2005, 12:21:07 PM »

I disagree- IMO, management is in place to protect the band financially.? If someone is making money by using the GNR name, management WILL put a stop to it.? But as far as management releasing a statement, let alone Axl himself, is ridiculous.? Why give that shitty bar any free publicity?? What keeps me from making flyers and posting the all over town?? or anyone else?? IPersonally, I might be more inclined if I know GNR management would release an official statement with my Bar's name or location in it.?

where do you draw the line of when management will step in a release statements discounting these "fake" shows?

i think you're getting confused. i don't think management or axl needs to make an official announcement. i think they need to threaten to sue the bar for using the gnr name. this can all be done behind closed doors, and in the past management has been able to do this kind of stuff very quickly. it has now been over 10 days since they learned of this false promotion, yet the bar keeps it up. i hope something happens by friday.

edit: also, this may not be just the bar's fault. they seem to think there is actually gonna be a show. they signed a contract with SOMEONE. that means some promoter is falsely making money by pretending to represent guns n roses. this whole situation is a mess, and some people need to be told to stop before this gets out of hand, swiftly and forcefully.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 12:23:43 PM by AxlGunner » Logged

now you know me better
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2005, 12:36:56 PM »

Dude, you are retarded.

Let's avoid this kind of comments (see the board rules), thanks.

As for the "show", no one here actually believes GN'R will play right? It's been a fake since the beginning. Probably just a hoax to get a few bucks from some people. Management already said no one remotely connected to GN'R ever contacted this club. I think that's pretty clear. GN'R will not be there. If they would, they would promote a helluva lot more than that, and it probably would be in Las Vegas or Los Angeles.

Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2005, 12:40:24 PM »

the owner of that bar deserves a HUGE lawsuit.  rant

Always two there are, a master and an aprentice...

Gunner Temple
Jenny's Dream of Axl Rose
eze
Headliner

« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2005, 12:55:50 PM »

Someone deserves a huge lawsuit for this! Why would the radio station promote it for a short period of time w/o verifiying that it was indeed true. No matter what anyone says... this is strange.
AxlGunner
VIP

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2005, 01:09:44 PM »

Someone deserves a huge lawsuit for this! Why would the radio station promote it for a short period of time w/o verifiying that it was indeed true. No matter what anyone says... this is strange.

the radio said they were shown a copy of the contract and thought it was legit.

only after management called did they agree to stop promoting the show.

now you know me better
eze
Headliner

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2005, 01:41:16 PM »

Interesting... a supposedly legit contract.  Shocked

this is getting odder by the moment.
madagas
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2005, 01:48:41 PM »

First of all, the bar is in Cartersville in North Georgia. Second of all, it is a second rate redneck club! No way in hell. I can't believe this thread is still going. Third, the guys at 96 rock wouldn't know a legitimate contract if it jumped up and bit them in the ass!? hihi
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 01:58:42 PM by madagas » Logged
conny
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2005, 02:02:46 PM »

It's not gonna happen, but...

I wonder what the owner'd say, if GN'R enter the place on Friday and be like "Here we are, where's the stage?"

LOL...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: