Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:08:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  St. Paul Excel Center Show/Review
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: St. Paul Excel Center Show/Review  (Read 2853 times)
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« on: April 28, 2005, 06:13:07 PM »

I'm gonna be there, tonight.? Is anyone else from the board going?? Unfortunately, I don't have any unique clothes which is also clean enough for me to wear..... but I will be the guy with the long hair, in section 109.? Throw your beer at me, or something, if you think it's me and wanna say hi.? ?ok
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 12:10:38 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 12:07:10 PM »

Well, I went to the show last night.? It was a blast.? Let me say this:? I'm a pretty big supporter of Axl and his new Guns N' Roses.? With that in mind, I'll try to avoid any comparisons between Scott and Axl, even though I couldn't help but compare them during the show.

There was a lot of things I didn't like about the show.? I'm not the biggest Scott Weiland fan.? However, the music rocked.? I have not been to an extremely large amount of rock concerts, and I've never seen AC/DC or the original guns n roses live - I've seen bootlegs - but this was a high energy show.? Despite all my criticisms, it was easily the best concert I've ever been to.

Scott, Slash, Duff, and occasionally Dave were all over the place.? Running around, really getting into it.? They all sounded great.? At one point, Scott dived into the audience, then came up on the side of the stage.? I got to pat him on the back as he ran by.? He sang from the audience for awhile, then, targeted in on my buddies and I and came down to us, and let us sing into the mic, during Sex Type Thing.? That DEFINITELY made the night for us.

For the first encore, Slash started with a simple solo, which then turned into Wish You Were Here.? He was using a double necked guitar.? Just him playing, and Scott singing.? I can't describe it any other way than it was magical.? I know that sounds lame, but I can't think of a better word.? You Got No Right was played after that, and together, they sounded beautiful.

The whole crowd really got into it when they played Mr. Brownstone, and Slash did the coolest version of the intro of that song that I've heard.

I really don't remember that many details, and I'm pretty hungover as a write this, but all in all, I had a blast.? It was a great concert, and the scenery was pretty nice too.? ?ok

My neck is also really fucking sore and my work has been calling me all morning wondering when I'll get in.   I just got kicked out of the Culvers restaurant I tried to get some breakfast at for being drunk.  Yep, that kinda night.  Grin
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 12:13:09 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
amundsma
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 04:08:03 PM »

Went to the show last night and it was great.  I can easily say that Scott is by far the best front man out there right now.  He is so entertaining it is hard to look away from him.  The Xcel was set up for a half concert and I think that is what made it so good.  I was kind of worried that they would use the full floor and that would have been way too much empty space.  With them using half of it, it was completely full.  The crowd seemed into it the whole night.  I don't think I saw anybody sitting throughout the show.  Everyone looked great.   All of the were running around and playing awsome.  I thought Scott was skinny but Duff is really skinny as well.   I love how they mix it up with their songs from VR as well as throwing in STP and GN'R tunes.  At one point, Scott hopped off stage and ran around on the floor and then went up into the stands and kept singing "Crackerman".  It was pretty cool.   They really worked the crowd and I they came on for three encores.  One of them was "Wish You Were Here" from Pink Floyd.  That song was pretty cool, Scott sat on a chair;Dave, sat on a speaker; and Slash had the double neck guitar.  I had a great time and I hope VR keeps using the half concert set up because it makes the shows alot better.  Anyway, these guys rocked. 
Gunner4Life
Rocker

Gotta Call the I.R.S.!!!

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 01:43:06 AM »

Damn that sounded good, if i still lived there i could have seen it.

Axl loyalist no matter when Chinese Democracy comes out!
WanaBGunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 02:05:34 PM »

I've been to many of concerts in my day, and this one was THE best i've ever been to. Could it be that it was my dream to see Slash live? I think it had a little to do with that, but they also put on one hell of a show. I still cant believe what i saw that night. The band sounded awsome. I think scott sounds way better live than on the records.

Well after Amundsmas and loretians post I dont think I have anything else to rele add. So in closing, if you have a chnace to make it to one of these DONT miss out!@!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: