Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:27:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)  (Read 50739 times)
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2005, 07:38:08 AM »

When the fuck is this movie coming out on DVD/VHS? Angry

November 8th

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2005, 08:53:08 AM »

Really ? so soon ?  Cheesy

The force ... the force ...
MikeB
« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2005, 09:22:04 AM »

When the fuck is this movie coming out on DVD/VHS? Angry

November 8th
Thanks for letting me know that dude. ok Now can someone help me refresh my memory?
I saw the movie, it fucking rocked! But I forget a few parts already. Before Obi-Wan fought Darth Vader, didn't someone tell him that Anakin joined the Dark Side in order to know he had to fight him?? Didn't Obi-Wan tell Padme that Anakin joined the dark side but she refused to believe him?
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2005, 10:21:48 AM »

I saw the movie, it fucking rocked! But I forget a few parts already. Before Obi-Wan fought Darth Vader, didn't someone tell him that Anakin joined the Dark Side in order to know he had to fight him?? Didn't Obi-Wan tell Padme that Anakin joined the dark side but she refused to believe him? When the fuck is this movie coming out on DVD/VHS? Angry

-Obi-Wan saw the hologram at the Jedi Temple of Anakin killing the Jedi and kneeling before the Emperor

-Padme didnt believe Obi-Wan. You are correct.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2005, 04:19:49 PM »

I was going to bring this up when the movie first came out but I forgot about it............

Has anyone else noted that Anakin/Vader never wins a saber fight in any of the movies

Revenge of the Sith = Anakin killed Dooku after making him submit. Obi-Wan was knocked out.
A New Hope = Vader kills Ben (sure Ben let him win, the point is he won  Tongue)
Empire Strikes Back = Vader cuts off Luke's hand forcing him to "run away", thus beating him

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
MikeB
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2005, 09:13:04 PM »

Has anyone heard what the old stars think of the prequels,like Harrison Ford, Mark Hammil, or Carrie Fisher?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #206 on: August 15, 2005, 03:11:17 PM »

Not really I haven't hear or read anything at all  Sad
Anyway last weekend I saw the six movies and the clone wars in a row, so I've got a few questions.
1.- In ESB Obi-Wan said that Yoda trained him but never mention Qui-gon
2.- for Izzy this one. I checked all day long about the famous line "do you remember your mother, your real mother?" well if you watch that escene closely you'll see that Leia really thinks that her real mother it's the Senators wife from Alderan right? she doesn't know that Luke is his brother yet until he said the whole Vader is my father stuff. So ... any answers  Huh

No man can be my equal
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #207 on: August 15, 2005, 05:00:46 PM »

gosh what a big quality shift when you went from the new movies to the old ones Grin

i think both of your answers are that : this is why star wars is such a fantastic realistic story.
people forget
people make mistakes
they get confused.
their rationality is limited.

i like that there are a lot of things that are unclear and moot. iit's good. it's gives power to the movies.

MikeB
« Reply #208 on: August 15, 2005, 07:16:52 PM »

I think Phantom of the menace and Attack of the Clones are brilliant too, unlike other people.

But here's something I bet you people didn't notice... If you watch Phantom of the menace, In like middle of the movie like around the young anikan/podracing part. When the politics are having the debates in that huge room when all those groups of like 2 people/creatures are in those round things, know what I'm talking about? If you look very closely and listen too, you can see two wookies and hear them roar.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #209 on: August 15, 2005, 09:22:27 PM »

I don't know if anyone notice that In revenge of the sith, in the part when Anakin and Obi-wan return from saving Senator Palpatine you can see the milenium falcon landing from outer space Wink
Wat-ever does that mean it is supossed to be flaws in the whole saga?  Huh

No man can be my equal
MikeB
« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2005, 09:32:27 AM »

When I first saw the scene when the Jedi Council said they were teaming up with the wookies to battle the droids, I said out loud in the theater "Yes! right on , dude" they made an awesome return. Episoe III was even better than some of the old ones , I put it right next to Empire Strikes Back.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #211 on: August 16, 2005, 12:01:49 PM »

I don't know if anyone notice that In revenge of the sith, in the part when Anakin and Obi-wan return from saving Senator Palpatine you can see the milenium falcon landing from outer space Wink
really ? man, i saw ep3 and ep2 only once ... and i hated them so much, it made me like ep1

Wat-ever does that mean it is supossed to be flaws in the whole saga?  Huh
well i hope so. flaws (in characters rationality) is what makes good stories great stories.
there are numerous flaws in the lord of the rings (well in the whole tolkien lore) and that's what makes it great (for tolkien freaks)

like, imo, i think that the stormtroopers are NOT the clones ... some people say they are

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #212 on: August 16, 2005, 12:36:12 PM »

2.- for Izzy this one. I checked all day long about the famous line "do you remember your mother, your real mother?" well if you watch that escene closely you'll see that Leia really thinks that her real mother it's the Senators wife from Alderan right? she doesn't know that Luke is his brother yet until he said the whole Vader is my father stuff. So ... any answers? Huh

No....

Its a mistake, that simple, u can either accept that or not - considering we liked the films soley for their special effects i guess it doesn't matter about the plot holes at all, we only pay attention during the battles anyway!

It's only natural there will be those holes as Lucas wasn't planning three more when he made Jedi - i suppose its amazing it works at all!

For Leia to have remembered her mother she'd have had to been atleast 5 - but that was impossible to work into Ep.3 without some pretty major changes in how it ends, so they just ignored it, it was the easiest thing to do - i'd probably have done it too cos i can't think of a way it could be done

The error that really annoys me and which was so easy to avoid was Obi Wan knowing about Leia in Ep.3 but not in the later films - all they needed to do was have Obi wan not be present at the births and told of only one child for secrecy's sake. Easy.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #213 on: August 16, 2005, 01:04:41 PM »

like, imo, i think that the stormtroopers are NOT the clones ... some people say they are

Of course they are... that's why Leia says to Luke: "Aren't you a little short to be a Stormtrooper?"

And you never see them without their helmets.
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #214 on: August 16, 2005, 01:27:19 PM »

Wasn't the stormtroopers made in the attack of the clones?

No man can be my equal
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #215 on: August 16, 2005, 01:49:05 PM »

Of course they are... that's why Leia says to Luke: "Aren't you a little short to be a Stormtrooper?"

oh and how come niether han solo, or anybody talked about how the troopers looked the same when they steal their armors  ?
there is no reference about the troopers being clones, because at that time lucas wans't sure about the story, when he made up the troopers he did not think about the clones yet ....
he then tried to fit the stories. but way before the new episodes, the world of star wars has been used and expanded...and troopers were known to be hired like normal people ... (cf. official games, books ....)

Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #216 on: August 16, 2005, 05:58:58 PM »

Good point on that but if you hear thier voices they all sounded the same but when Luke and Han are wearing the helmets they sounded exactly like them, so I think is just interpretation right? so...  Roll Eyes

No man can be my equal
MikeB
« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2005, 06:49:34 AM »

Although Leia wasn't a  jedi knight , but maybe because that was in her blood she was able to remember her mom just a small bit, the force was with her too.
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2005, 04:56:03 PM »

there is no reference about the troopers being clones, because at that time lucas wans't sure about the story, when he made up the troopers he did not think about the clones yet ....

You are correct. I have the book that has all the variations of the original scripts for Episodes 4-6. There were alot of references made to Clones in the various drafts but nothing that tied them to the storm troopers.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2005, 10:28:42 PM »

oh and how come niether han solo, or anybody talked about how the troopers looked the same when they steal their armors ?
he then tried to fit the stories. but way before the new episodes, the world of star wars has been used and expanded...and troopers were known to be hired like normal people ... (cf. official games, books ....)

Ehhhhh.... I'm not sure.  There was no need for Han or Luke to mention that all the stormtroopers look the same, the whole galaxy would know about the clone wars.  Also, Boba Fett's character feels like he has an "important" history that we don't know about (and not just some bounty hunter that happened to catch Han Solo).

I'm pretty sure that Lucas knew from the beginning that the Stormtroopers were clones.  I mean, what would the Clone Wars be about if not to create the army?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: