Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 08:27:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  This is getting really annoying
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is getting really annoying  (Read 4679 times)
Jamie
VIP

« on: May 11, 2005, 12:11:54 PM »

Everytime I am on this site and decide to go into the VR section to look around, I see all these people slammin VR. What I want to know is if these people don't like VR, why do they bother to come on to the VR section just to talk shit about VR, and ruin it for those of us who actually like the band? Don't mean to sound like I'm denyin a right to free speech, but I was just wonderin why come on just to talk shit and get the rest of us in a bad mood?
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 12:17:10 PM »

Coz it would kill some people to say anything nice about VR, so when they talk about them, all they can say is bullshit. Grin

What's so civil about war anyway?
mike_giuliana
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 12:17:21 PM »

misery loves company
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 12:27:08 PM »

Everytime I am on this site and decide to go into the VR section to look around, I see all these people slammin VR. What I want to know is if these people don't like VR, why do they bother to come on to the VR section just to talk shit about VR, and ruin it for those of us who actually like the band? Don't mean to sound like I'm denyin a right to free speech, but I was just wonderin why come on just to talk shit and get the rest of us in a bad mood?

Have you ever checked the GN'R section?

Some of the VR fans are constantly posting in the GN'R section about how Axl fans are pathetic, how CD will never be released, how Robin can't play etc. etc. etc.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 12:48:55 PM »

Yeah.. It does work both ways.

I don't understand how some people have the energy to bitch about something like that when they know they'll have zero impact on the matter.

It's okay to critisize the actions / songs / whatever of either band, but when it just goes to the same old shit about how GN'R isn't GN'R or how VR is just GN'R with a no good singer... It just never stops to amaze me how some people feel the need to do this. But I've ranted about this before, so I'll just stop.

I'm waiting for the day when I realize that other people _too_ can be idiots.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 12:59:48 PM »

I do realize that it can work in either direction. And I feel the same about people slammin on nu-GnR. The grudges between Slash n Duff and Axl are personal disagreements and I feel it is ridiculous that fans of their music can not bring themselves to like VR and/or nu-GnR just because they agree with Axl/Slash n Duff. I just don't see why they have to take sides. I try to open myself up to music made by both sides of the camp, and want to stay neutral as in my opinion the personal grudges of these guys is really none of my business, and I don't want to be opened to prejudice by the media's accounts of what's goin on.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 02:29:30 PM »

I do realize that it can work in either direction. And I feel the same about people slammin on nu-GnR. The grudges between Slash n Duff and Axl are personal disagreements and I feel it is ridiculous that fans of their music can not bring themselves to like VR and/or nu-GnR just because they agree with Axl/Slash n Duff. I just don't see why they have to take sides. I try to open myself up to music made by both sides of the camp, and want to stay neutral as in my opinion the personal grudges of these guys is really none of my business, and I don't want to be opened to prejudice by the media's accounts of what's goin on.

maybe some of us just dont liek the "music" vr is making?  Huh
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 02:53:07 PM »

I totally agree with you here but then why the hell you say "nu-" instead of "new" or just "GN'R"?

I rarely visit VR section just because I lost interest.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 06:39:06 PM »

I think there are those who dont like the new band cause they think the new band is keeping a GNR reunion from happening

and they dont like VR cause they think VR are keeping a GNR reunion from happening when in reality they just need to accept the fact that the original GNR are over for good and forever and to move on to what we have now which is great in my opinion.

Scott isnt stopping the original GNR from regrouping, the new members in GNR arent stopping it either.

what's done is done

so acceptance is the key for a lot of these people.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 01:36:05 AM »

D, I don't think so.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 10:37:37 AM »

maybe some of us just dont liek the "music" vr is making?? Huh

Yeah, and that's fine, but the point I was making was that, if these people don't like the band, then why do they feel the need to go into the VR section just to talk shit about 'em, and annoy those of us that do like the music they are making.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 10:38:57 AM »

I totally agree with you here but then why the hell you say "nu-" instead of "new" or just "GN'R"?

I rarely visit VR section just because I lost interest.

Dunno, I just say nu-GnR out of habit I suppose!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2005, 01:51:37 PM »

maybe some of us just dont liek the "music" vr is making?  Huh

Yeah, and that's fine, but the point I was making was that, if these people don't like the band, then why do they feel the need to go into the VR section just to talk shit about 'em, and annoy those of us that do like the music they are making.

Why do you vr fans go in the gnr section and talk shit about that band if you dont like em?
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 12:05:33 PM »

maybe some of us just dont liek the "music" vr is making?? Huh

Why do you vr fans go in the gnr section and talk shit about that band if you dont like em?

I do like em, I've said that already. Reason I started thread on people dissin VR was that I was in VR section at the time and noticed it there, so posted it straight away. But I like VR and what Axl's doin now, cos it's not my business to hate Axl or Slash etc. over their problems with each other.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 12:46:43 PM »

It's. Just. The. Way. It. Is.
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 04:37:00 PM »

its because they dont have axl as a singer  Roll Eyes

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
nyd
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2005, 01:02:16 AM »

...and they couldn't get Izzy to stick around longer...  Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: