Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:08:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  One thing missing from VR shows
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: One thing missing from VR shows  (Read 10897 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 09:11:13 PM »

you must've not seen VR recently. He plays a lonng solo right before 'wish you were here' and 'you got no right'  at my show in NJ they played  a little Patience instrumently before those 2 songs

It's extremely funny that they do an acoustic version of patience when both slash and duff never even wanted to record it in the first place.

yep, goes to show how bad a liar Axl is.

its not surprising that Slash, duff, izzy like the song since they are all big Stones, beatkes, Pink Floyd, alice cooper fans

Um no, it actually shows they hypocrits. They are playing the song just to get more gnr fans to go see them.  Roll Eyes
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 09:24:09 PM »

you must've not seen VR recently. He plays a lonng solo right before 'wish you were here' and 'you got no right'  at my show in NJ they played  a little Patience instrumently before those 2 songs

It's extremely funny that they do an acoustic version of patience when both slash and duff never even wanted to record it in the first place.

its not surprising that Slash, duff, izzy like the song since they are all big Stones, beatkes, Pink Floyd, alice cooper fans

Um no, it actually shows they hypocrits. They are playing the song just to get more gnr fans to go see them.  Roll Eyes

oh really first of all they played maybe 30seconds of it instrumently as an intro. Secondly, don't you think it's possible that they didn't agree with the decision to release an acoustic ballad as a single over a rocker at the time but then after they saw the success it had they warmed up to the idea? Same with Slash and Sweet Child o Mine
KOK
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2005, 06:45:03 AM »

This is the set they played at the most recent shows on the last leg of the tour:

Sucker Train Blues
Do it For The Kids
Headspace
Superhuman
Crackerman
Illegal I
Fall To Pieces
Dirty Little Thing
Big Machine
It's So Easy
Sex Type Thing
Set Me Free

Wish You Were Here
You Got No Right
Mr. Brownstone
Slither

"Used To Love Her" was replaced by "Wish You Were Here".

Thanks Jarmo! I won`t complain about Wish you were here and YGNR being added to the set!! beer
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2005, 11:46:38 AM »

you must've not seen VR recently. He plays a lonng solo right before 'wish you were here' and 'you got no right'? at my show in NJ they played? a little Patience instrumently before those 2 songs

Um no, it actually shows they hypocrits. They are playing the song just to get more gnr fans to go see them.? Roll Eyes
new gnr is playing all songs they had nothing to do with just to attract fans... it's no suprise axl dropped certain new songs for the 2002 tour rather then dropping afd music, he knew no one came there for that.. The 20-30 second instrumental is going to get tons of fans hihi
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2005, 12:08:38 PM »

new gnr is playing all songs they had nothing to do with just to attract fans... it's no suprise axl dropped certain new songs for the 2002 tour rather then dropping afd music, he knew no one came there for that.. The 20-30 second instrumental is going to get tons of fans hihi

there is a difference between gnr playing gnr songs, and vr playing gnr songs just to get more people t go to the shows  ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2005, 12:29:19 PM »

both are new bands.. Playing a cover or two was how gnr always operated.. Even when they move on they still have the same ways.. They must be the first group that broke up where in their new gigs they played some of their past catalog.. Saying a two second drum intro of ycbm, or a little bit of the opening guitar to patience is why people are going is rediculous.. That can change at any point and the nearly 15 thousand people would still be out on long island watching the show.. I sure as hell didn't go to the shows I saw to hear some covers.. I went to hear the new songs..

But people did go to see new gnr for the old music.. if axl dropped that old setlist the place wouldn't be as crowded..? That would be like metallica giving st anger only....

Axl knows afd is the one album gnr is remembered for that is why his setlist is heavy with those tunes..

there is a difference between gnr playing gnr songs, and vr playing gnr songs
but vr has more gnr members then gnr,..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 12:47:29 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Cubb
Rocker

Get In The Ring!

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2005, 03:17:11 PM »

you must've not seen VR recently. He plays a lonng solo right before 'wish you were here' and 'you got no right' at my show in NJ they played a little Patience instrumently before those 2 songs

Um no, it actually shows they hypocrits. They are playing the song just to get more gnr fans to go see them. Roll Eyes

I think it shows that they havnt forgot where they came from and their old fans that put them wer they are today!

Quote from: mikegiuliana

[quote
there is a difference between gnr playing gnr songs, and vr playing gnr songs
but vr has more gnr members then gnr,..

:rofl:True!

"Used To Love Her" was replaced by "Wish You Were Here".

/jarmo

Aww, i love Used to love her!

2 often we lose sight of lifes simple pleasures remember when someone anoys u it takes 42 muscles in ur face to frown but it only takes 4 extend ur arm an BITCHSLAP THE MOTHERFUCKER IN THE FACE!R&FnR!
neuby87
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2005, 12:37:29 AM »

if u ask me the only thing missing form Velvet Revolver shows is Loving the Alien, i know they dont play Spectacle and i like it but u have to at least have Loving the Alien that song is the best one of the album
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »

They also do a long extended jam session during Set Me Free which no one has mentioned.. It kicks major ass too by the way....

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2005, 11:47:06 PM »

I'm only going by the VR show I saw in MA, vs. the GN'R videos.

I think his playing on "Contraband" is great, esp. "loving the alien." For the next VR, I'd love a ten minute epic, w/a few great solos.

Which MA show was this? I was at all three of them and a NH show and all the jams and solos everyone mentioned were done at all of them... I did have a bit too much to drink at the Avalon show though...

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2005, 11:48:02 PM »

if u ask me the only thing missing form Velvet Revolver shows is Loving the Alien, i know they dont play Spectacle and i like it but u have to at least have Loving the Alien that song is the best one of the album

Agreed!! LTA is one of my favorites on the album and they totally ignored it...

LTA
Superhuman
DLT

Those are my top 3 (just thought I would throw that in there)

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2005, 03:51:09 AM »

They also do a long extended jam session during Set Me Free which no one has mentioned.. It kicks major ass too by the way....

Not when I saw them in Jersey a couple weeks ago.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2005, 08:08:07 AM »

Of course they did! I was there at the PNC Banks Art Center! You didn't notice the extra part after set me free ended where Slash and Dave trade off guitar solos! Dave does  one, then Slash answers with his, then dave does another and slash answers again!
RichardNixon
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2005, 08:22:30 AM »

I think his playing on "Contraband" is great, esp. "loving the alien." For the next VR, I'd love a ten minute epic, w/a few great solos.

Which MA show was this? I was at all three of them and a NH show and all the jams and solos everyone mentioned were done at all of them... I did have a bit too much to drink at the Avalon show though...

The Worcester Centrum. Good show, but not enough solos.
badapple81
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2005, 06:01:51 PM »

Personally I don't miss the solos, I'd rather hear a cool cover, another GN'R track or a new track than a 10 min drum solo. The small solos Slash may do before a song is enough.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2005, 01:37:24 AM »

Of course they did! I was there at the PNC Banks Art Center! You didn't notice the extra part after set me free ended where Slash and Dave trade off guitar solos! Dave does? one, then Slash answers with his, then dave does another and slash answers again!

Oh shit I totally forgot about that.  Sorry...that was actually really cool.  I was thinking of that other kinda trippy jam thing that they did after one song.  It wasn't Set Me Free.  Do you remember when they did that?

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2005, 01:43:55 AM »

Of course they did! I was there at the PNC Banks Art Center! You didn't notice the extra part after set me free ended where Slash and Dave trade off guitar solos! Dave does  one, then Slash answers with his, then dave does another and slash answers again!

Oh shit I totally forgot about that.  Sorry...that was actually really cool.  I was thinking of that other kinda trippy jam thing that they did after one song.  It wasn't Set Me Free.  Do you remember when they did that?

I think you mean the one in the middle of Illegal I Song
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2005, 02:53:46 AM »

Yeah, there ya go.  That was what I was thinking.  I totally forgot about that Slash N' Dave solo thing.  That was actually one of the highlights of the show for me...that and the 2 GN'R tunes.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2005, 08:09:51 PM »

The Worcester Centrum. Good show, but not enough solos.

They did the long ass solo in the middle of Ilegal I, The Extended Set ME free, and A looong ass jam at the end of No More No More at that show... The best show so far was teh Amherst show though.... That had the most especially with teh shit before Wish You Were here..

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2005, 04:21:27 AM »

Oh shit...you guys got No More No More.  That's awesome...much rather hear that than the Pink Floyd song.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: