Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:05:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  More Steven Adler comment on CD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Steven Adler comment on CD  (Read 25843 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2005, 09:09:21 PM »

steven adler is a fuckin loser? what did he do except some drumming on appetite??? nothing worth to mention i think...

and almost 20 years after the release of appetite he calls his band adler`s appetite and crys because there is no gnr reunion....? shut up!!? ?i can`t read is crappy comments on a reunion or chinese democracy anymore...

some pretty mean spirited and frankly disturbing posts on this one.
I was more interested in whether or not th guy had heard CD
and as far as "what did he do except some drumming on Appetite?"   rofl
you have to be joking right??

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2005, 09:20:25 PM »

He's in a GNR cover band, he usually is the one that brings up the topic about GNR in most interviews, and lets face it.......the man is obsessed.

So... when Steven plays GnR songs, its a cover band.

But when Axl's band plays the same songs, it's fine?

Both bands have just as many original GNR members.

Did steven actually write any of those song?  though not   ok
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2005, 02:09:52 AM »

? He's in a GNR cover band, he usually is the one that brings up the topic about GNR in most interviews, and lets face it.......the man is obsessed.

Did steven actually write any of those song?? though not? ?ok

During the last AA tour he played higher percent of  new material than Axl's Nu-GN'R. Both of them are cover bands. Period.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2005, 04:22:06 AM »

If u hear GNR on a bootleg CD the only way u would be able to tell which group it was would be Axl's vocals.

many drummers can duplicate Steve

not many if any could ever duplicate Axl's vocals

big difference.

U let a casual fan hear any GNR song by the new band without telling them its a new band, they will say WOW GNR cool

U let that same fan hear a GNR song done by AA or even VR and they will say, who's that? that isnt GNR.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2005, 05:02:28 AM »

? He's in a GNR cover band, he usually is the one that brings up the topic about GNR in most interviews, and lets face it.......the man is obsessed.

He helped writing those songs, besides, songs like Think About You and Mr. Brownstone weren't written by Axl either ok
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 05:05:08 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2005, 05:06:36 AM »

If u hear GNR on a bootleg CD the only way u would be able to tell which group it was would be Axl's vocals.

many drummers can duplicate Steve

not many if any could ever duplicate Axl's vocals

big difference.

U let a casual fan hear any GNR song by the new band without telling them its a new band, they will say WOW GNR cool

U let that same fan hear a GNR song done by AA or even VR and they will say, who's that? that isnt GNR.

You're kidding, right? When I first heard Finck play the solos on SCOM and November Rain I almost threw up in disgust. The guy is nowhere near as good as Slash. I'd say Slash is as much an essential element to the classic gnr sound as Axl's vocals.

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2005, 05:08:24 AM »

You can duplicate notes but not feeling and sound
badapple81
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2005, 07:44:26 AM »

I used to respect Adler for the fact that he eventually managed to get somewhat of a life back together. I somewhat felt sorry for his little sobbing act on Behind The Music.

The guy must be so bitter and fucked up over he fact that he got kicked out of GN'R before they became the biggest band in the world. Look at what he is doing now, drumming on some Appetite tunes and his own crap in crappy clubs whilst the world talks Velvet Revolver and the return of Axl.

Mouthing off just to get some of the attention. Pathetic.

The only tunes from the album that we have heard already would probably be Madagascar, Chinese Democracy and The Blues. What the fuck would he know?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 07:46:18 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2005, 09:16:51 AM »

i really like adler and AA but this one seems to be the weirdest comment. he seems to make jokes in interviews and not realise how they can be taken out of context, but this one is worse than that sort of thing. hopefully brooker (?) can come on and clarify abit about what exactly is going on here.

the problem is the only thing coming out of the AA camp at the moment is adler mouthing off. i think he should lay off the Axl bashing just cos he's coming out really poorly from it. i just wish they'd get back on the road and release something. the album should be announced anytime now really. at least then alder bashers can go from saying AA is a GNR cover band to just being a shit band (based on the idea they'll obviously not like them no matter what). he should just 'let the music do the talking' really.

stuff like this makes him look like a twat and gives his haters extra material to go on.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2005, 10:05:23 AM »

Well if you want to get technical, Steven Adler isn't an original GNR member? ok
But anyway I think the video for Patience says it best......The band is off doing their thing and Adler's setting on a couch sticking a drumstick up his ass.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 10:09:00 AM by bill213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2005, 10:06:10 AM »

a lot of childish idol behavior around here...
isn't Steven Adler, a guy who, as opposed to us, actually knew Axl, allowed to have an opinion on Axl?
how is it that every time someone badmouths Axl, he's an idiot junkie and what not?

so what if he talks slurry, he had a fucking stroke! it doesn't mean his mind is not clear.

Thanks for that confused, perhaps u'd care to read what Adler said again - specifically this:

About Chinese Democracy: "If he puts it out he thinks he'll sell 20 million copies. Well, maybe he's lucky if he goes gold. There's no hits on it, it's crap.

But of course, he's heard the album! Roll Eyes Won't even go gold? That's a possibility! hihi

Because he knew Axl 15 years ago doesn't make his opinions on an album yet to be released valid.

I think if u ever needed proof his mind isn't clear, that one sentence is all u'd ever need

« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 10:08:34 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

I like GN'R, but not that much.

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2005, 10:09:50 AM »

I think it's pretty funny that all you guys are so quick to jump to the defence of Axl and diss Steve Adler when none of you even know Axl.

I think Steve should have a decent idea of what Axl's like as a person. All you guys do is big Axl's records then act like he's your best mate and you know all about him.

If Steve says Axl's a cunt. I can believe it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 10:11:43 AM by LimeGreen_Engines » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2005, 10:46:27 AM »

If somebody else says the opposite, will you believe that?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2005, 12:12:40 PM »

I think it's pretty funny that all you guys are so quick to jump to the defence of Axl and diss Steve Adler when none of you even know Axl.

I think Steve should have a decent idea of what Axl's like as a person. All you guys do is big Axl's records then act like he's your best mate and you know all about him.

Adler hasn't even been around Axl in 15 years. I'm pretty sure he don't know crap about Axl anymore, hell I'm pretty sure he has to be reminded of who he actually is everyday.  Tongue
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2005, 01:48:24 PM »

He helped writing those songs, besides, songs like Think About You and Mr. Brownstone weren't written by Axl either ok

yeah I know, I don't know how many times I have to remind people here that if some other drummer made the drum-parts for Appetite it would probably have sounded completely different!

think about if that Rob Gardener guy had made them, would probably have sounded like a crappy version of Iron Maiden..

and for the record D, I can hear whether it is Steven, Matt or Brain (I can hear that it's Brain from a mile away, he's my fav drummer and I know all his little diddles and patterns) who is playing the Appetite songs when i hear them live. and I can DEFINATELY tell the difference guitar-wise!
Steven is the only one of them that has the right feel to play those songs, simply cos he the one that made those drumparts! that's right, he wrote something!!

and if you go by what the average fan in the street is saying, of course the only thing he can recognize is Axl, it's simpy cos they don't know enough about the band to know and hear better! they know and notice Axl cos he was the most famous one in the band, and therefor the one they have always been paying attention to.

the bigger Axl-patriot you are, the bigger the chance that you are wrong while discussing something involving him.
mostly cos you can't see things from any other perspective. (this post is not directed to one person, apart from D's section Grin)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 01:50:15 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2005, 03:50:38 PM »

notice i stressed "casual" fan.

U all overlooked that.

What u said Hillel are the people I was talkin about

To casual fans they have no idea, also u cant compare Finck's playing live to Slash's playing on a recording, Slash's live playing is also flawed and off a lot as well.

of course a recorded version is gonna sound better, but live, Finck does better than any vocalist could do singing axl's parts.

drums are somewhat important but they arent as important as the vocals,vocal melodies,lyrics and guitar.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 03:52:23 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2005, 04:13:12 PM »

Steven is one piece of trash for one minute he is talking about how Axl is a jackass but has talent and the next he is trying to say CD will suck. NO ONE BESIDES AXL KNOWS WHAT IS GOING TO BE ON THAT ALBUM.

Another thing, GNR and the original lineup will NEVER TOUR AGAIN. Izzy isnt interested in being in a huge band or he would be in VR now, or am I wrong? And if they did a reunion, even as much as Sorum talks shit about Axl I am sureif Axl picked between Sorum and Adler for a reunion he would pick Scortum, and to the General Public IF SLASH and AXL got together that would be considered a reunion.

On to the coked drummer.  How has Axl wasted so much of his time.  This looser got deep into the drugs.  Apartlenty he hasnt passed his 12 steps yet, because he needs to Apologise to Axl for being a coked out drummer and slowing down the UYI sessions.  And if anyone needs a punch in the face it's Adler. 

He lives of his 15 minutes of GnR fame by picking the name of his band to associate it with GnR and plays most of GnR's songs with a shitty singer.  Axl owes him nothing, If it wasnt for Axl steven would of been a nothing or a man who od'd, but thanks to Axl he has some claim to fame and can live off it instead of getting a real job.

And anyone who is in a crappy cover band (ADLER) can't say anything about CD.  Adler has had since 1990 to come up with some songs and I don't see him trying to make a career off them. 

Now that I think about ti more Axl shouldnt be punching Adler in the face, but all of the GnR fans should punch him in the face and tell him to shut the hell up and enjoy living off GnR.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2005, 04:33:45 PM »

No need to get cross at him.

frank guy Brain says the album is immense. It all matters.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 06:07:22 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2005, 05:42:08 PM »

IS THIS GUY SCHITZO OR WHAT!!!? One minute hes saying "Oh Man I still got love for Axl and whatever he does I know will be a hit", and now fuck him this Chinese Democracy is crap I wanna punch the fucker in the face. I seriously think this guy is two different ppl.

But then again, they used to say the same thing about Axl back in GnR's hayday  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2005, 09:46:54 PM »

notice i stressed "casual" fan.

U all overlooked that.

What u said Hillel are the people I was talkin about

To casual fans they have no idea, also u cant compare Finck's playing live to Slash's playing on a recording, Slash's live playing is also flawed and off a lot as well.

of course a recorded version is gonna sound better, but live, Finck does better than any vocalist could do singing axl's parts.

drums are somewhat important but they arent as important as the vocals,vocal melodies,lyrics and guitar.

drums are not what stand out in a song, unless it's real flashy drumming. but it shapes the song more than any other instrument, most people don't realize that.
if another drummer had written the drum-parts for Appetite, it would have had a different groove, the body of the song would have been different.

but whatever, Im sick of discussing this. fuck drummers, singers and guitarplayers are all that matters! (not directed at you, D) peace

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: