Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:48:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  More Steven Adler comment on CD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More Steven Adler comment on CD  (Read 25839 times)
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2005, 12:23:31 AM »

i find it hilarious how Adler thinks that CD has no hits when the thing hasn't even been released yet.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2005, 04:21:04 AM »

Steven sounds a lot more worked up here than in his interview from the other day.  Has anyone actually heard any sound bytes or are these recent comments just supposed quotes?

And if they are accurate - where does Adler get off saying CD sucks?  I guess when he was hiding from the imaginary guy at his front door he was pretending to listen to CD to pass the time. Roll Eyes

LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

I like GN'R, but not that much.

« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2005, 11:01:33 AM »

If Steve says Axl's a cunt. I can believe it.

If somebody else says the opposite, will you believe that?

/jarmo

Well yeah, if Slash said Axl is a "really on the ball", "sound" guy then maybe Axl might not be a total asshole after all. But Slash agrees with Steve and come to think of it so does all of the old band members.

And as far as you guys go, what do you have to go on? Axl fucking up his world tour, no showing at dates, walking off the stage after 15mins, jumping into the crowd to punch some one in the face.....etc etc the list goes on.

Looks,sounds and smells like a cunt to me.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2005, 12:34:41 PM »

If Steve says Axl's a cunt. I can believe it.

If somebody else says the opposite, will you believe that?

/jarmo

Well yeah, if Slash said Axl is a "really on the ball", "sound" guy then maybe Axl might not be a total asshole after all. But Slash agrees with Steve and come to think of it so does all of the old band members.

And as far as you guys go, what do you have to go on? Axl fucking up his world tour, no showing at dates, walking off the stage after 15mins, jumping into the crowd to punch some one in the face.....etc etc the list goes on.

Looks,sounds and smells like a cunt to me.

I doubt slash agrees with Steven as in most recent interviews when he does say anything about Axl it is never something along the lines of being a cunt. I also doubt Duff agrees witht he cunt line because he has never said anything that bad, he just wants to go out and play music.  The only other former member to bitch about Axl and Complain about Axl's style is Sorum...... Maybe it is just a drummers thing to bitch about music.

ON A SIDE NOTE.   "IF" Axl was to call Adler today and say he needed a drummer you know Damn well Adler would be on the first Greyhound Bus out to California to do whatever Axl needs and kissing his Axl.  Adler is just jealous that he isnt in a succesful band like GnR or VR anymore.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2005, 05:15:36 PM »

Maybe the reason CD has taken so long is cause there are no hits on it.

doesnt mean it sucks but maybe it doesnt have any radio friendly hits on it, no 3 minute pop songs.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

I like GN'R, but not that much.

« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2005, 06:41:31 PM »

Maybe the reason CD has taken so long is cause there are no hits on it.

doesnt mean it sucks but maybe it doesnt have any radio friendly hits on it, no 3 minute pop songs.

Why in the hell would 'not having any 3 minute pop songs' be the reason the CD has taken so long?!!?

What the fuck has that got to do with anything? There are thousands of great rock,metal albums with no 3 min pop songs on them that only took a couple of years to make.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2005, 11:13:19 PM »

rumor has it Axl delivered CD to Geffen and they refused it which would mean they didnt feel it had any singles.

If Axl delivers an album of nothing but 6 minutes epics, Geffen will not release it no matter how great it is.

Axl will have to have 2 or 3 singles before Geffen will release this no matter how big of a masterpiece it is

I think this is the biggest reason for the delays, Axl wants to do CD his way but the record label is insisting on some 3 to 4 minute pop rock anthem hits.

to release an album u first have to sell it to your record label, if they dont hear some hits, they wont release it till they do.

John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2005, 10:26:16 AM »

I think D could have a point here. I mean even Axl himself have told that the record will be out when record company feel that it has run its course.
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2005, 03:53:09 PM »

notice i stressed "casual" fan.

U all overlooked that.

What u said Hillel are the people I was talkin about

To casual fans they have no idea, also u cant compare Finck's playing live to Slash's playing on a recording, Slash's live playing is also flawed and off a lot as well.

of course a recorded version is gonna sound better, but live, Finck does better than any vocalist could do singing axl's parts.

drums are somewhat important but they arent as important as the vocals,vocal melodies,lyrics and guitar.

drums are not what stand out in a song, unless it's real flashy drumming. but it shapes the song more than any other instrument, most people don't realize that.
if another drummer had written the drum-parts for Appetite, it would have had a different groove, the body of the song would have been different.

but whatever, Im sick of discussing this. fuck drummers, singers and guitarplayers are all that matters! (not directed at you, D) peace

The drums and the base are about 3/4's of the music and I dont js mean Rock.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
isabella
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2005, 04:41:05 PM »

At least reporters are interested in talking to Steve. When was the last time a reporter bothered to talking to Axl.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2005, 05:54:03 PM »

D, you make a very good point. Is the rejected CD rumor you're talking about a new rumor, or is it the one from several years ago? I remember when I told some people about that they thought I was crazy. But it happened. When Geffen/Interscope stopped funding CD, my heart skipped a beat. It was extremely bad news. Now there's no reason for him to hurry and release it. Now Axl is doing things on his own watch, not Geffen/Interscope/Sanctuary. And if CD gets rejected again, it will NEVER come out. But I dont think they'll reject it again. They just want to make some money back. It could have 10 "epics" on it, I dont think they'll give a damn. Geffen/Interscope is probably kicking themselves in the ass for rejecting it the first time. By releasing it the first time, it would have saved them millions of dollars.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2005, 10:22:48 PM »

If u look at Guns career they havent had very many radio friendly hits, really only maybe Dont Cry,Patience and SCOM are the only songs u could call honest to goodness radio friendly hits.

GNR have never been a radio friendly band but back then it was when it was about the music and about the albums, now its all about the image and the singles.

GNR have never been a singles band

WTTJ wasnt a smash singles hit
PC doesnt fit today's single format
NR with its length doesnt fit singles format
YCBM doesnt fit singles format
Estranged doesnt

Im not implying that CD sucks quite the contrary I think it is gonna be the most amazing album ever.

NIN's "The Fragile" is considered a masterpiece and didnt even sell a million copies so record sales and hits dont necessarily define a masterpiece.

I just dont think the record label knows how to market and promote this unless Axl writes a few radio friendly hits to sell it to the casual target audience

Im just not sure axl is into that which is causing a lot of the delays.

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2005, 05:45:34 AM »

At least reporters are interested in talking to Steve. When was the last time a reporter bothered to talking to Axl.

I think the question is more; when was the last time Axl bothered talking to a reporter?
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2005, 11:54:11 AM »

How the fuck does he know what it sounds like anyway? Angry
God he's full of shit. Roll Eyes

What's so civil about war anyway?
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2005, 03:13:50 AM »

NIN's "The Fragile" is considered a masterpiece and didnt even sell a million copies

Which is a damn shame.

duffsgal
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2005, 03:20:21 AM »

You people should be ashamed of yourselves - call yourselves GN'R fans.? What a joke.? What the hell gives you the right to be so nasty and evil to someone that you havent met and dont know.? ? How would you like it if the roles were reversed and you were being abused by complete strangers who call themselves fans.? ?

Welcome to the Jungle Baby
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2005, 03:49:00 AM »

A shame that its considered a masterpiece or a shame it didnt sell a million?

and Duffsgal when Steven Adler is talking bullshit and running his mouth against my hero W. Axl Rose, u are god damned right it pisses me off and Im gonna defend him.

I am a GNR fan, not a steven Adler fan.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2005, 10:52:52 AM »

and Duffsgal when Steven Adler is talking bullshit and running his mouth against my hero W. Axl Rose, u are god damned right it pisses me off and Im gonna defend him.

I am a GNR fan, not a steven Adler fan.

What D said.

It pisses me off that he clings to Axl for fame after all these years. If people didn't want to hear shit about Axl then nobody would talk to this fucking guy. and it seems he has some kind of snide comment about Axl every time he speaks and that comment is usually contradictory to his previous statements. He's an Idiot, plain and simple

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2005, 05:38:28 PM »

He's an Idiot, plain and simple

The biggest idiot is the one who destroyed GN'R Wink
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2005, 05:52:30 PM »

technically one could say Slash,Duff and izzy destroyed Guns N Roses

they are the idiots who signed everything away to Axl, what a bunch of gutless bastards.

I love the old band but could they have been any more gutless?

Izzy quit on his own terms,Slash and Duff quit on their own terms

so one can say they destroyed the orginal band by quitting.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: