Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:15:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 744690 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2003, 03:20:59 AM »

True. I myself am canadian, love HBK, don't like Bret too much, though. I chose to ignore that statement...
I did like bret back in the day though; gotta check out that doc.

Ok it was misunderstood when i said stupid canadians i meant the ones who failed to get over the screw job i did not mean all canadians, kinda misunderstood like Axl's lyrics for One In A Million were.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2003, 01:14:45 PM »

Best Entertainer = Mick Foley.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2003, 11:50:21 AM »

Foley is God, but he shoudlnt come back to the WWF again hes too good for it and Vince is just an idiot and doesnt know what to do with his product.

Fuck All Y'all
America's Least Wanted
Headliner

So Damn Cool

« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2003, 08:32:26 AM »

Foley is God, but he shoudlnt come back to the WWF again hes too good for it and Vince is just an idiot and doesnt know what to do with his product.

Foley was good but his greatest 'talent' was his stupidity he had no skill like Angle and Benoit does what he did did not take learning it just needed somebody stupid enough to do it.............and it's now WWE not WWF Grin

I Think Sex Is Overated To!
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2003, 10:46:28 AM »

WWE is retarded I call it WWF still cause thats what it has always been.

Fuck All Y'all
IraqiDemocracy
Rocker

Well, Well, Well, You just can't tell...

« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2003, 08:08:43 AM »

Wrestling has gone to hell and triple H has brought it there.

F*CK St Louis- Axl in 1991

F*Ck Hamilton- Jason in 2003

Don't damn me
When I speak a piece of  mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2003, 10:23:23 AM »

Wrestling has gone to hell and triple H has brought it there.

Very bold statement to blame HHH for everything and i think it is unfair to do so, firstly there are 2 shows he is only on one and secondly he may be with the boss' daughter but it does not mean everything he does is because of that.  People assume he has been champ all this time just because of his power i disagree, i think he has been Champion for a good reason, it has made the belt more important instead of it being passed around of a monthly basis and when he finally does drop the belt whoever gets it will be held in high regard and the change will seem more important
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2003, 06:51:05 AM »

It has been too long but alot has happened over the last few months so here is what I have to say:

best entertainer/performer:
I would have to go with either HBK or the Rock, This has nothing to do with somebody's wrestling skills or whatever, neither has this to do with sentiments (the whole shawn screwed bret and may he burn in hell for that shit). Just look at it objective and than look at who can truly entertain a crowd (as a HEEL AND a FACE). The Rock and HBK (and yeay even flair man!!!) are a class act in that department and Bret comes a little short. He just doesn't have the looks/charisma and mic skills that these others have. That's not a bad thing but it is IMO the truth

Best WRESTLER:
Than in all fairness I'll have to go with Bret and closely followed by angle. They are already great entertainers but man when it comes to wrestling these two guys have it all. The skills, the moves and knowing how to sell. The sad thing is that we wll never see these two icons collide head to head.... It's a damn shame!!!

The whole HBK vs. Bret thing:
Bret get over it damnit!! I mean it happened like 6 years ago and you are still bitter about it. Yeah it was a fucked up thing that has happened but it was business and Bret should have dropped the title before going to WCW period. I don't like shawn for what he has done but it is in the past and everybody should move on. When you judge either, judge them on their wrestling skills (or related things like mic skills etc.) but not on how the person himself is, that's just plain stupid.

Goldberg:
Still don't like him and still think he sucks, hope they don't let him win at Summerslam man that would be the ultime low IMO!!! The only positive thing I can say is that he is getting less worse so to speak, who knows maybe in due time he will become a fair wrestler

Lesnar:
I was wrong about this dude, he is the future of WWE!!! He has established himself and truly is a good wrestler and entertainer. His WM match was good and that shooting starpress was sick!! He is young and he is hungry, he will be the next big thing

Angle:
This guy is an icon, he is the god of wrestling right now. Nobody can deny this. He is one of the few who truly deserves to wear the gold around his waste again. Technically he is the best IMO but he loves the sport and you can see that, he wants to make all of his matches good.... AND THEY ARE !!! I am a really big fan of him and I hope he stays on top for a long long time

HHH
Why is everybody bitching about HHH?Huh He isn't that bad c'mon get a life. Maybe he is not as good or motivated as he used to be but he is still pretty damn good!!! Only his entrance is worth watching haha LOL !!! No seriously, many are blaming HHH for the crappy product as of late (although right now the product is ok) but that ain't fair. His matches are still far above average and are fun to watch. Yeah he has alot of power and ok he'll use that to stay the champ (nobody knows that for sure) but I think that is a good thing. When you think about HHH you see the champ. He is (whether you like it or not) a true champ and I am a big fan of one person having the belt a long time than having the title change every month like in the old WCW days. HHH is good to have, he can entertain en can put on a decent match.... what other wrestlers on the RAW roster can fill his shoes.

Vince
Business genius who has lost it. Don't blame the GAME blame vince. I mean the angles with vince on SD and him wrestling are just sad and a waste of my time.

The youth:
Glad to see they finally get their chances. Team angle, Kurt angle, lesnar, orton, cena, christian, test and of course JERICHO etc. They are being used in a proper way and some (lesnar, angle, orton and cena) are going to be huge stars in the future and that is a good thing

on a side note I would have to say that the whole kane angle is pretty damn funny. Hope they don't fuck it up but it seems like they already did. Big chance that we will have "the monster kane" vs. shane o mac at SS!! That is just plain stupid. Finally he is the unstoppable machine again and now you put him in a fight against shane c'mon WWE what the F are you doing. Have him fight against HBK or NASH or whatever but not against shane. Kane could be a big heel when they do it properly but have him fight against decent opponents please. But hell I'll wait and see! The lost few week the raw and sd shows are getting better so I'm not complaining.

to all the werestling fans, i salute you all

the game

p.s.  looking forward to your comments GNRFAN LOL !!!!!!!!!

how could u forget the two main reasons to watch RAW

Rob Van Dam  and the KING OF BLING BLING T HE HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT, THE KING OF THE WORLD CHRIS JERICHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jericho is by far the most entertaining wrestler going today especially since the rock is gone to hollywood, jericho never gives a bad performance on the mic or in the ring

give jericho some credit junior!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Chris Misfit
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

The whole HBK vs. Bret thing:
Bret get over it damnit!! I mean it happened like 6 years ago and you are still bitter about it.

Isn't Bret the one that is over it? It seems to me like it's McMahon who keeps bringing it up.

jericho is by far the most entertaining wrestler going today especially since the rock is gone to hollywood, jericho never gives a bad performance on the mic or in the ring

Jericho has been doing the same thing for 8 years, it's gone past boring and into really fucking dumb.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 10:44:59 AM by Chris Misfit » Logged
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2003, 01:32:55 PM »

The Ministry of Fucking Darkness.

What an amazing angle.

In my opinion, The Undertaker as good as threw his legendary title, and persona that he had been working on and improving for almost ten years, down the drain when he turned "American Bad Ass" aka "American Trash".

The Ministry of Darkness angle was fucking brilliant. The "hanging" of Bossman from Hell in a Cell, the beatings of Christian after he failed to win his matches, the "Sacrifices" that introduced wrestlers into the Ministry in the first place.

It was all fucking amazing. How could you not enjoy that angle?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #110 on: July 30, 2003, 01:42:17 PM »

Isn't Bret the one that is over it? It seems to me like it's McMahon who keeps bringing it up.

No he's not. He's so bitter in general, it's kinda sad. As for Vince, who knows. There are those who say he's lost his mind.

Jericho: He can still be pretty funny: Orton-"Evolution likes your show...
                                                          Jericho- "Of course! EVERYONE LOVES IT!
                                                      lol

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2003, 02:00:01 PM »

No he's not. He's so bitter in general, it's kinda sad. As for Vince, who knows. There are those who say he's lost his mind.

I don't watch the WWE anymore (too many has been wrestlers being pushed) but I thought that the WWE had shown what happened that night again on TV as a build up to a canadian show, recently.

I remember reading an interview with Bret saying he and McMahon were speaking and had been discussing a possible return (not a wrestling return) for Bret to the WWE, but when Bret saw that McMahon was still using what had happened as a way of promoting himself as a "bad guy" to canadian fans, he felt badly hurt, again, and rightly called McMahon a few names.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2003, 02:12:45 PM »

Oh no, not that again.

That was my reaction when I heard they were playing clips of the Montreal screw job on Raw last Monday.

I couldn't help but think: Why dredge the whole stinkin' mess up again?

It was 5 1/2 years ago, why can't they get over it?

So I turned on Raw to see Shawn Michaels tell the world he has apologized to me and we should all just get over it and get on with our lives. Hey, we were doing that ... until Vince decided to bring the whole thing up again.

Vince is more at fault here than Shawn because he's the one who scripted it. But Shawn isn't in the clear, either, because the fact is, I have never received an apology from him -- public or private -- for his role in the Survivor Series '97 screw job. In fact, in at least one TV interview, Shawn actually said he would do it again.

Shawn claiming he apologized is just another step by Vince to rewrite history. Yes, Shawn has said in various interviews he's sorry the whole thing happened. So am I. But at no time has Shawn ever acknowledged what he did was wrong. He rationalizes his actions by saying he just did what his boss -- the promoter -- told him to do. He seems to be missing the point - so did I! When I saw Shawn on Off The Record I felt sorry for him when he said God tells you to respect authority so he had to do what Vince told him. For someone to talk about an apology that never happened is disappointing. So I had to ask myself why Vince would script such a segment. The obvious answer is ratings -- but at what cost?

In the past year, Vince and I have been on speaking terms. It was my impression we'd come to an understanding not to take pokes at each other anymore. We've even spoken about the possibility of doing some future business together. How could Vince think I'd interpret a stunt like this as anything but (another) slap in the face? So, why pull a stunt like this? Maybe because it's he one stench Vince hasn't been able to wipe off his hands and he can't stand it because he can't control it. Even now, whenever the WWE goes to Montreal, the fans chant: 'You screwed ret.' In a business where fans often have a short memory, many still feel passionately about what appened at Survivor Series '97 because it crossed the line into reality, wasn't a work and people were genuinely offended. Twisting and minimizing what happened is disrespectful because many people, besides myself, were affected.

If Montreal hadn't happened, I would have been more than happy to finish out my career in the then-WWF. If I hadn't been in the WCW, I'd have been at Over The Edge and, I guarantee you, Owen would never have been up in the rafters in the first place -- so my brother wouldn't have died that day.

The Hart family wouldn't have been ripped apart during a lawsuit that never would have ever happened.

I wouldn't have been in the WCW and sustained a career-ending concussion from Bill Goldberg. Doctors tell me they can't rule out the possibility the severity and location of that concussion made me prone to the major stroke I suffered last year.

As I lay in the hospital with the entire left side of my body paralysed, Vince called me. Even with the major heat between us, he still called. Shawn could have done the same. He didn't. Now I feel betrayed by Vince -- again. I feel as if he's trying to entice me into some sort of a esponse, maybe because the WWE is coming to Calgary soon.

This column is my response and, no, I won't be at the show. My father told me, just after Montreal happened, that if they take your integrity you have nothing. I won't let him, myself, my family, friends and fans down.

Be Good, Be kind, be truthful and be free. (Hothouse Flowers)"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2003, 10:57:45 PM »

bret cannot put all the blame on vince or shawn micheals, he couldve took a big paycut to stay if he really wanted to, vince had no choice he had to get that title off bret and bret wouldnt give it up, if bret had went on wcw with the wwf title it wouldve been the nail in the coffin for vince,

vince protected his business, bret had a job to do and he refused so i dont feel sorry that he got screwed, cause i dont think he got screwed he got what he deserved for being selfish.

u cant say if this happened this wouldnt have happened, i mean i can trace the most horrible thing in my life back to one incident but that doesnt mean the stuff that happened wouldnt have happened anyway.

chris jericho boring? are u serious? jericho is so fucking hilarious, didnt u watch the highlight reel monday? randy orton brought jericho an evolution tshirt, jericho said i would give u one of my brand new highlight of the night tshirts but their all sold out! that shit if fuckin priceless, lol! damn that was fuckin funny. when he calls people like goldberg junior, thats hysterical, lol!

Chris Misfit
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2003, 12:37:38 PM »

if bret had went on wcw with the wwf title it wouldve been the nail in the coffin for vince,

But Bret had agreed to give the title up against Micheals the next night.

chris jericho boring? are u serious?

Yes. I found him funny for the first 5 years, even back in WCW, but it's time for a change for him. That is the problem with WWE now, they're happy to rely on old story lines and characters.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2003, 05:50:30 PM »

if bret had went on wcw with the wwf title it wouldve been the nail in the coffin for vince,

But Bret had agreed to give the title up against Micheals the next night.

chris jericho boring? are u serious?

Yes. I found him funny for the first 5 years, even back in WCW, but it's time for a change for him. That is the problem with WWE now, they're happy to rely on old story lines and characters.

bret said he would come on tv and forfeit the title but his contract was up after survivor series and i guess vince didnt trust bret to keep his word, also they couldve got on wcw and talked how no one could beat bret so he came to wcw for competition.

the problem with wrestling is the gimmicks, most peoples gimmicks are who the guys are turned up a few notches, so how can jericho act different if he is being himself? i cant think of any other angle jericho could play honestly

i trace wwe going to hell right after wrestlemania a few years ago, right before austin and triple h started teaming up, there was a time that triple h shouldve turned face the fans were popping him and he came down to the ring when scsa had someone down in the steel cage beating them to death, *cant remember for the life of me* instead of triple h turnin face, he helped austin, then we got 3 months of boring ass triple h scsa vs kane undertaker matches,to me thats when wrestling really went down hill.

also the burying of RVD has killed it, this man should have been the world champion, RVD gets chants over the rock when they wrestle so why are they holding this awesome wrestler down?

i think it was when RVD hurt triple h's throat in that survivor series 6 man thing, but RVD isnt being used right at all.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2003, 06:27:52 PM »

Jericho could become Doink for a while! [hihi]

I agree with what you said about RVD. I reckon they should've pushed him long ago. But maybe they were too busy pushing Hogan and other retarded 50 year olds who can't give a decent match anymore. RVD was made to be champ, and the WWE can only benefit from the push.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2003, 07:06:31 PM »

RVD...........made to be Champion........LMAO [rofl]

His in ring moves are repetative and his mic skills are plain awful he will never be world champ he will always be a nearly made it
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2003, 07:30:31 PM »

RVD...........made to be Champion........LMAO [rofl]

His in ring moves are repetative and his mic skills are plain awful he will never be world champ he will always be a nearly made it

my main point was the wwe use to pay attention to the fans now they dont. use to they would go by a persons cheers and all that, i mean RVD got louder cheers than the Rock so obviously the fans love him, so wwe buries him into a boring ass tag team feud, the point is the fans and what they want are being ignored,

i am biased towards jericho cause he is my favorite wrestler

how bout steiner and nash these guys are natural heels, i cant believe they are still being pushed as faces,

what made the wwf so fuckin popular were the different groups
u had the minstry of darkness, the nation of domination, DX, the ministry, DX, and stone cold and the rock returned wwf to glory over wcw, that shit kicked ass, now its sort of every man for himself and its not as interesting

vince needs to get wrestlers that are stalled out, steiner, nash, etc and make an interesting group, something entertaining and funny.

wwe now reminds me alot of wcw b4 they went out of business, its almost like pick up wrestling, u dont know who is feuding from one show to the next, they dont build feuds up good and they dont last long enough.

wwe dropped the ball during the triple h stephanie kurt angle love trianlge
 stephanie shouldve got pregnant and they had a debate over whose it was, now that is a great feud, but the wwe sucks with angles now, the kane thing is sort of cool now, but what is kane gonna do after this shit is over?

goldberg is a horrible worker and just the fact he has no job clauses in his contract makes me dislike him, if he dont wanna lose to certain people wwe shouldnt have signed him

wwe tries to hard to hit a homerun, instead of building good tv and takin their time and impressing fans they have, they try to hard to shock and do these hot shot angles to draw numbers short term, a change is needed and needed soon

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2003, 08:14:14 AM »

In my opinion, Wrestling's lowest point was the McMahon Helmsley...disgrace. Or whatever it was called.

The writers were so unimaginative.

I'm not joking, but they would use one angle for a few weeks, and then another. It was not funny in the slightest.

They would have a few shows, in a row, with handicap matches, the face being handicapped, followed by a fewk weeks of lumber jack matches, and then a few weeks of cage matches.

It was pretty shit to watch.

Wrestling is nowhere near it's peak, but at least it is now better than it was then...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: