Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 01:37:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 755404 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #14460 on: May 25, 2010, 05:30:32 PM »

Bret Hart new GM of Raw..Orton and Batista hurt?

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #14461 on: May 26, 2010, 12:51:52 PM »

...tumble weed....
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #14462 on: July 08, 2010, 05:16:17 PM »

Any possibility Austin is the new GM? Duno if anyone caught that

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #14463 on: July 08, 2010, 11:26:25 PM »

I think it's possible, new movie coming out.

And that's the bottom line, cause the GM said so.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14464 on: July 08, 2010, 11:28:14 PM »

I doubt it.. i say each week they will use former wrestler catch phrases to try and distract us from how shitty Raw is now.

A GM giving info through a computer that makes the lights flicker? JESUS CHRIST.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #14465 on: July 10, 2010, 11:35:46 AM »

Raw is so bad I literally fell asleep last week.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #14466 on: December 03, 2010, 01:16:34 PM »

wow this thread is dead..Havent been watching lately wwe needs to freshen the storylines up big time

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14467 on: December 17, 2010, 07:27:27 PM »

wow this thread is dead

We're all over at The Squared Circle. Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
xsweetxchildx
Opening Act

Suck it. Like, seriously, go suck it.

« Reply #14468 on: December 27, 2010, 08:18:25 AM »

oh my god. i used to be unbearable when i missed an ep of Raw, but now it's the crappiest thing out there. Nexus? wtf? i miss the attitude era :/

Rocket Queen is so a good song. You're just jealous cos you didn't write it. *dance*
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14469 on: December 27, 2010, 02:02:30 PM »

oh my god. i used to be unbearable when i missed an ep of Raw, but now it's the crappiest thing out there. Nexus? wtf? i miss the attitude era :/

I started watching just after the Attitude Era, so I think my expectations are lower. Tongue I really don't hate current WWE as much as 90% of other people seem to.....

And for anyone who hasn't yet, come to http://www.thesquaredcircle.smfnew.com/index.php for more wrestling discussion and banterness. Cool I'm a mod there, so you know it's alright. ok

xsweetxchildx
Opening Act

« Reply #14470 on: December 28, 2010, 03:04:45 AM »

I started watching just after the Attitude Era, so I think my expectations are lower. Tongue I really don't hate current WWE as much as 90% of other people seem to.....

And for anyone who hasn't yet, come to http://www.thesquaredcircle.smfnew.com/index.php for more wrestling discussion and banterness. Cool I'm a mod there, so you know it's alright. ok

the attitude era was seriously, lik,e the awesomest thing ever! Cheesy i stopped watching for a couple of years, then tried watching again, and it just aint the same D:

Rocket Queen is so a good song. You're just jealous cos you didn't write it. *dance*
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #14471 on: December 30, 2010, 10:40:27 PM »

As a kid, I used to like wrestling, I admit it.  hihi

But seriously, I was lucky as I was a fan during 1999-2001 which was the peak I feel. As soon as it turned from wwf to wwe, it started to go down hill rapidly. And then when Raw and Smackdown became two different organisations with it's own roster, that's when it ended for me.

I watched a company at it's peak, run out of storylines, the talent weren't knowhere near as good as it was with Jericho, Rock, Austin, Angle. And it sort of lost it's way, and it can never come back because it's too late. I won't comment on todays crapfest because no matter how crap the wwe was back in 2002, it is a million times worse today judging by peoples views. And I swear, I have not watched the wwe, since 2002, nothing will make me waste my time on it for a second today.  Wink

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:42:51 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14472 on: December 31, 2010, 08:27:29 PM »

"Not to be an asshole...." but how can you call it a crapfest if you don't watch it? 0_o

xsweetxchildx
Opening Act

« Reply #14473 on: December 31, 2010, 08:59:31 PM »

"Not to be an asshole...." but how can you call it a crapfest if you don't watch it? 0_o

coming from someone who saw the attitude era and still occaisionally watches it now, it is a crapfest D:

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #14474 on: December 31, 2010, 09:58:03 PM »

I can say that because of all the stuff I hear and see from it on a weekly basis. The front covers of their magazines, advertisements, seeing their superstars star in subpar movies. Also for the past couple of years, people have said the same thing in this very thread.

The wwe has started to cater for kids, instead of teenagers and adults who want to see proper feuds and matches. Nothing will be as good as the attitude era, and absolutely nothing will beat the Invasion storyline. That was wwf at it's peak, and people like Jericho, The Rock, Stone Cold and Angle. Were proper superstars who knew how to take punishment, and put on a good match.

John Cena is just like a poor mans Rock.  ok
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 10:03:24 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14475 on: January 01, 2011, 07:40:48 AM »

I can say that because of all the stuff I hear and see from it on a weekly basis. The front covers of their magazines, advertisements, seeing their superstars star in subpar movies. Also for the past couple of years, people have said the same thing in this very thread.

But - to use a GNR example - isn't that kind of like someone saying "I've never listened to Chinese Democracy, but I know it's crap because none of the old guys are on it, there's a guy with a bucket on his head playing on it and everyone else says it's crap"? I'm not going to say that current WWE is better than the '98-'01 era, but I just feel that it's not as bad as people who long for the 'good old days' make it out to be. Yes, there's some questionable and downright bad stuff, but tell me an 'era' of wrestling where there hasn't been. I mean, for every great match featuring Austin or The Roc you had Mae Young giving birth to a hand. There are lots of talented guys in the company right now ie. Undertaker, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Edge, Jack Swagger, Chris Jericho (if and when he comes back) etc.

I found it odd you named the Invasion angle as the WWF at its peak, as that angle is one of the most criticised in recent years.

I can understand why people long for the days of the Attitude era (I've got loads of PPVs on video and DVD from that period), but people just have to accept that things change, a lot of those guys are gone or getting older. I think WWE will go back to a less-PG style at some point, don't know when, but I think it will happen. ok

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #14476 on: January 01, 2011, 12:02:30 PM »

You can't compare it to GN'R because it's not even relatively the same situation. I love GN'R post 2000 the best, and Robin Finck is my favourite GN'R member ever. But you can't even begin to compare the situations between the two, it's just stupid comparing really.

And just for the record I think what's hurt the wwe in recent years, is going along with the PG rule. wwf was never about that, and that is what made them shine so much brighter than say wcw. But this is what I'm saying, the only reason why I feel they have stuck by the PG situation, is because kids love John Cena. And they want to try to expose and grip that audience as much as they can, but this is doing them more damage than good.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #14477 on: January 01, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »

You can't compare it to GN'R because it's not even relatively the same situation. I love GN'R post 2000 the best, and Robin Finck is my favourite GN'R member ever. But you can't even begin to compare the situations between the two, it's just stupid comparing really.

I know they're different situations, I was just using them as an example of people criticising the current version of something while longing for a previous 'era'. I didn't think it was too much of a stretch to compare the two TBH.

Like I said, I think there will come another non-PG period. The mid-90s were the last 'kid-friendly' period in WWE, and we know what followed that.

I think I just get tired of people (not directed at anyone in particular) constantly slagging off the current product which I honestly think is OK.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #14478 on: January 01, 2011, 03:15:08 PM »

Seems alot of people have the same feelings as i do, about Attitude being the last good era

What really killed it for me was HHH/Rick Flair.... Shit always ended with Flair helping HHH for years it seemed... It got old quick!

Once I stopped, I could never watch for more than 5 min
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #14479 on: January 01, 2011, 10:03:47 PM »

I only mention the Invasion storyline purely because that was the last peak if you will of the wwf. Then soon afterwords the name changed, and it all went downhill.  yes

The end of Survivor Series in 2001, was probably the end of it all in terms of entertainment value. After that they had a few good PPV's but in all seriousness, it was knowhere near as good as the attitude era and the Invasion storyline.

Over the years, I have come across alot of people who feel the same.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 10:43:54 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: