Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:38:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 736644 times)
Mahatma coat
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2003, 05:50:59 AM »

Nathan Jones got his arm snapped by a guy named Magnus Samuelson at the Worlds Strongest Man competition. Worlds Strongest Man stopped having arm wrestling contests after that.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2003, 08:42:41 PM »

i've started watching and kind of catching up on wwf/e.  i'm a fan of old school wwf days.  For a good ten years the newer look thing didnt impress me. But i'm liking the wrestling now some impressiv moves ect   still miss some of the old guys though and could do without the soap opera thing! lol   im wondering thouh what the story was behind undertaker dropping the gothy dead man look?  just wondering

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2003, 07:26:22 AM »

The goth gimmick was stale it had been re-invented so many times so he changed it totally and became the American Badass...........shame old gimmick was class but that's life
Lineker10
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2003, 03:57:13 PM »

Been a few years since I watched wresling - cant beat the glory days of The British Bulldog, HBK, The Undertaker, Hulk  Hogan, Bret "The Hitman" Heart and of course The Ultimate Warrior (whatever happened to those guys?)
Whats going on nowerdays in the world of wresling? Wathced it last mabye a year or two ago.............
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2003, 04:15:21 PM »

well 'The British Bulldog' is sadly dead, Taker is still going at it but is getting a bit old, HBK retired in 1998 due to injury but came back in 2002 and is now wrestling part-time, Hulk Hogan is still going currently knwon as Mr. America he still moves around the ring like a donkey, Bret had to retire due to a severe concussion and recently had a stroke but is getting better and The Ultimate Warrior well i don't know where he is but i can tell ya he is still alive and has his own website he'll never wrestle in WWE again or so he says but i think he may still wrestle on the independants.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2003, 12:12:55 AM »

Ya wrestling is very very shitty right now very very shitty!

Fuck All Y'all
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2003, 02:12:37 PM »

Ya wrestling is very very shitty right now very very shitty!

It ain't that bad it could be worse
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2003, 02:26:51 PM »

Just a few tidbits....

Roddy Piper has been sacked by the WWE.

And Hulk Hogan has quit.

Claiming he had too much work to do and things werent working out.

Also that Zak bloke with the prosthetic leg is actually a really good wrestler.

So that said....We will get more youngsters coming through on Smackdown and better quality shows.

Also HHH is shit. He hasnt worked a decent match in a long time and the only reason he keeps the title and wins all his matches is because he is marrying Mr Mcmahons daughter Stephanie in October.

Its a good way to prolong your stay at the top and good thinking but he has worked poorly for ages.

Take Wrestlemania.....

Austin took 4 Rock Bottoms i think it was and then got pinned, that from The Rock is called selling a mans legacy, it took 3 of The Rocks special moves to keep The Rattlesnake down and that is a show of respect from The Rock.

In the HHH Booker T match....Booker had just hit his Ax kick(Special Move) and then from no where HHH hit the pedigree and covered him after lieing motionless for about 2 minutes...that makes me sick....and doesnt make any sense to me.

Peace out.

Axlhogg The Columnist.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2003, 03:22:42 PM »

Just a few tidbits....

Roddy Piper has been sacked by the WWE.

And Hulk Hogan has quit.

Claiming he had too much work to do and things werent working out.

Also that Zak bloke with the prosthetic leg is actually a really good wrestler.

So that said....We will get more youngsters coming through on Smackdown and better quality shows.

Also HHH is shit. He hasnt worked a decent match in a long time and the only reason he keeps the title and wins all his matches is because he is marrying Mr Mcmahons daughter Stephanie in October.

Its a good way to prolong your stay at the top and good thinking but he has worked poorly for ages.

Take Wrestlemania.....

Austin took 4 Rock Bottoms i think it was and then got pinned, that from The Rock is called selling a mans legacy, it took 3 of The Rocks special moves to keep The Rattlesnake down and that is a show of respect from The Rock.

In the HHH Booker T match....Booker had just hit his Ax kick(Special Move) and then from no where HHH hit the pedigree and covered him after lieing motionless for about 2 minutes...that makes me sick....and doesnt make any sense to me.

Peace out.

Axlhogg The Columnist.

Great fuckin' news just heard today no more Hogan.............joy...........hope HHH fucks off to................leave talent like Angle, Benoit, Eddie, Jericho & RVD to main event
Chris Misfit
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2003, 05:21:43 PM »

Piper and Hogan both left to collect their pensions. I hear they're bringing back the Boss Man and Sgt. Slaughter yet again, to make up for it. Y'know when you have no fresh ideas, just bring on the 70 year olds.

WWE at the minute is getting really pathetic, even worse than the crap story lines involving Mark Henry and his 120 year old pregnant girlfriend, from a couple of years back.

Seriously, bring back the old, yet not so old days of DX and The Nation Of Domination. That ruled!

And get rid of Benoit, Goldberg, Guerreo. Why the fuck they brought them from the WCW is a mystery.

Is Bradshaw still under contract?

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2003, 05:46:21 PM »

Piper and Hogan both left to collect their pensions. I hear they're bringing back the Boss Man and Sgt. Slaughter yet again, to make up for it. Y'know when you have no fresh ideas, just bring on the 70 year olds.

WWE at the minute is getting really pathetic, even worse than the crap story lines involving Mark Henry and his 120 year old pregnant girlfriend, from a couple of years back.

Seriously, bring back the old, yet not so old days of DX and The Nation Of Domination. That ruled!

And get rid of Benoit, Goldberg, Guerreo. Why the fuck they brought them from the WCW is a mystery.

Is Bradshaw still under contract?

Benoit and Guerrero r fuckin' ace in the ring as for Bradshaw unfortunately he is still employed
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2003, 04:30:19 AM »

Misfit.

Sgt.Slaughter is currently under contract with the WWE...

He sits in the Gorrilla chair(where Gorilla Monsoon used to sit before he died) and does the patting on the back to wrestlers going out etc.

I also think the Big Boss man is employed as a road agent or indeed a trainer one of the two.

Bringing back DX would be cool, they teased it late last year and the fans seemed to love it so why not bring em back....?

Disagree totally with Benoit and Guerrero, they are two of the best show peice talents in the WWE and also provide a great match..whoever they are against.

2 of the hardest workers as well.

U loved that Angle with Mark Henry didnt you! His missus gave birth to a hand if i remember rightly....probably the poorest, saddest moment in WWE booking history!

Good news UK residents....

In September there will be a new pay monthly Wrestling subscription channel which will be showing CZW, All Japan Pro Wrestling, Ring Of Honour(fantastic) and also possibly NWA:TNA which is where all the WWE rejects like D-LO Brown and Raven go.

That will kick ass. CZW is violent as fuck and would be cool to go to sleep too!

Axlhogg
Chris Misfit
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2003, 01:21:17 PM »

Disagree totally with Benoit and Guerrero, they are two of the best show peice talents in the WWE and also provide a great match..whoever they are against.

I hate them both. They're not good enough for the WWE, they were ok in WCW.

Guerrero's showed he was crap with the Cynha angle he did, that was awful. Someone like Shawn Micheals could pull that off, but Eddie's just an idiot.

Benoit, I just hate the guy. He's such a boring wrestler and doesn't deserve to be pushed.

U loved that Angle with Mark Henry didnt you! His missus gave birth to a hand if i remember rightly....probably the poorest, saddest moment in WWE booking history!

Either that or the Stone Cold v. Rock angle for the intercontenintal belt (or was it heavyweight) a few years back, where Austin threw his belt off the bridge. Anyway, I saw them use that angle again not so long ago, as if once wasn't bad enough.

The Owen Hart superhero thing was pretty bad.

And remember when Rocks dad came out to help him in a fight and Rocky gave him the whole "Dad, I'm my own man" speech afterwards? Holy jesus!

On the topic, what are your favourite angles?

I loved the Diesel - Shawn Micheals one, good stuff. And of course Marty Jannetty & Shawn at the Barber Shop.

The 1,2,3 Kid - Ted Dibaise "I'll give you a Million if you beat me" match was also class!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2003, 01:30:42 PM »

On the topic, what are your favourite angles?

Definatly definatly the Undertaker - Kane storyline when Kane was first introduced.

I always thought that Wrestling was at it's peak when the storyline's were serious, and they gave you a "baddie" who you could really hate because he was so good.

No days, all of the "baddies" are fucking asshole who are shit at wresting, get their asses kicked, but always cheat to win - and that is why they are bad. And that sucks.

But the Undertaker Kane thing was all such a serious and cool storyline that I loved it.

When Kane first came in during the Hell in a Cell, and ripped the side off...

How fucking cool was that.

Okay it wasn't exactly too realistic, but the "I won't fight my brother thing" in the build up to Wrestlemania rocked!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2003, 01:41:08 PM »

When they used to have the stable feuds that was cool.

Like DX versus the Nation and then you had the shitty ones like Los Beuricos and The Oddities as well as The Mean Street Posse...

I always enjoyed that shit...The NWO was the original and best though, yeah the gimmick ran out of steam and the WWE tried to resurrect it unsuccessfully....

Still it was cool, seeing the ever face(goodie) Hulk Hogan turn heal for the first time and join the NWO.

Cool as fuck.

Oh and everything SCSA does these days is absolutely hilarious.

What else...?

Ill let you know later.

Agreed with UI on the Kane thing though...he just came in a destroyed everything in sight.

The Marty Jannety and Shawn Michaels thing was cool, although i didnt start watching wrestling until like 5 -6 months after it happened.

Axlhogg
Chris Misfit
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2003, 02:34:09 PM »

...The NWO was the original and best though

Original? I'd say the Million Dollar Corporation was in force way before the NWO.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2003, 05:39:47 AM »

Ooops...

So maybe not the original but definately the best....i mean it even split into different sections...

The Wolfpack kicked ass.

Although personally i loved ECW the best. Cheesy

Axlhogg
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2003, 10:45:22 AM »

So Hogan has left again has he ?  Have never been to keen on him but he's old school that was to his favour recently.

Funnily enough i havent watched wrestling propperly for years but started getting into watching some of the newer dvds out  I like  some of the new fighting styles like the Hardy brothers and Rob van dam.  

But it needs charactors like in the old days  Jimmy snuka and Warrior, Hitman ect but take out all the soap opera dramas, that are just cringing lol Vince mcmahon  has not used the talent there wisely over the years. He should be bought out or something.

i would like to see the warrior return for nostalgia but i know it would being danger of looking too old and maybe a wrong move. But could be cool if he was on form.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
rogermoore
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2003, 11:34:27 AM »

So Hogan has left again has he ?  Have never been to keen on him but he's old school that was to his favour recently.

Funnily enough i havent watched wrestling propperly for years but started getting into watching some of the newer dvds out  I like  some of the new fighting styles like the Hardy brothers and Rob van dam.  

But it needs charactors like in the old days  Jimmy snuka and Warrior, Hitman ect but take out all the soap opera dramas, that are just cringing lol Vince mcmahon  has not used the talent there wisely over the years. He should be bought out or something.

i would like to see the warrior return for nostalgia but i know it would being danger of looking too old and maybe a wrong move. But could be cool if he was on form.

Ultimate Warrior was cool but on form? He was and will always be a bad wrestler like Hogan.............great entertainer though so to see him would be nice but the way he slags off WWE and considering how they did not get on last time he was there a return is unlikely but as all wrestling fans know never say never
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2003, 11:49:40 AM »

Shawn Michaels said he would never come back....
Goldberg said he woudl never wrestle again.
Hulk Hogan Testified against Vince Mcmahon in that steriods case he had.
Jerry The King Lawler successfully sued Vince Mcmahon and hes still working for the WWE.

So effectively, everything is possible.

As for The Warrior. Not a chance.....or is there...

His website is seriously fucked up though.
And he hates Hulk Hogan.

Axlhogg

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: