Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:46:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 736646 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #14640 on: April 07, 2014, 11:51:16 AM »

Soooo...Undertaker loses...to Brock Lesnar. In a semi-boring match. Really.

Suck.

But...But..But....THREEEEEEEEE F5's!! Smiley

I'm right there with ya. Lesner breaks the streak? Really?

Is he going to work more shows and be Bryans next threat?  Thats the only reason I could see them giving him that kinda rub.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #14641 on: April 08, 2014, 10:22:22 PM »

My childhood hero Ultimate Warrior was inducted into the Hall if Fame finally.  He got his chance to say a few things about that awful, bullshit DVD that was released 9 years ago.  His NEW DVD collection is out there now!  Long live Ultimate Warrior and silence to all the naysayers!   Cool
AtariLegend
Not User Friendly
VIP

« Reply #14642 on: April 09, 2014, 03:05:38 AM »

WWE News: Ultimate Warrior dead at age 54
2014-04-08 23:00:40

WWE is reporting that Ultimate Warrior (born Jim Hellwig) died at age 54. "WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior," reads the statement. "Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history.

"Warrior became WWE Champion at WrestleMania VI, defeating Hulk Hogan in an epic encounter. We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans. WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior's family, friends and fans. Warrior was 54 and is survived by his wife Dana and his two daughters." Read the official statement at WWE.com.

Source: http://prowrestling.net/article.php?WWE-News-Ultimate-Warrior-dead-at-age-54-36551

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #14643 on: April 09, 2014, 07:00:09 AM »

My childhood hero Ultimate Warrior was inducted into the Hall if Fame finally.  He got his chance to say a few things about that awful, bullshit DVD that was released 9 years ago.  His NEW DVD collection is out there now!  Long live Ultimate Warrior and silence to all the naysayers!   Cool

How ironic, now, all thing considered.

Bridge.....I know it sounds odd to say, but...I'm so sorry.  I know exactly how I'll feel the day Hogan goes.  It's amazing the attachment we form to these guys in our childhood (and beyond). It's like they are our friends. I read the news this morning and felt like id been punched in the gut..especially given all the photos and video from this past weekend.

RIP, warrior.

Together again,
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #14644 on: April 09, 2014, 09:31:31 PM »

Bridge.....I know it sounds odd to say, but...I'm so sorry.  I know exactly how I'll feel the day Hogan goes.  It's amazing the attachment we form to these guys in our childhood (and beyond). It's like they are our friends. I read the news this morning and felt like id been punched in the gut..especially given all the photos and video from this past weekend.

Yeah, I've been sick to my stomach all day long.  This is how I felt when my other childhood hero Randy Savage passed away.  In both cases, it has felt like losing family members, it's just ripped my heart out.  Both Warrior and Savage were so young and seemingly healthy, so the shock factor has been incredible.  I did read part of the police report from Warrior's death, they say he likely died of a "catastrophic medical condition", though they didn't expound any further.

I also feel especially sick after having watched his Hall of Fame speech online and witnessing the love and affection that Warrior expressed to his wife and daughters as they sat there and looked up at him in obvious awe.  We lost a wrestling hero, but they lost a husband and a father.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:37:41 PM by Bridge » Logged
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #14645 on: April 15, 2014, 07:56:38 PM »

Soooo...Undertaker loses...to Brock Lesnar. In a semi-boring match. Really.

Suck.

But...But..But....THREEEEEEEEE F5's!! Smiley

I'm right there with ya. Lesner breaks the streak? Really?

Is he going to work more shows and be Bryans next threat?  Thats the only reason I could see them giving him that kinda rub.

According to reports Taker has been wanting to lose for a bit and picked Lesnar. Don't know how true that is though. They did do a good job of selling it on the raw after Mania. Well, Heyman did. It does make it look like it was more about pushing Heyman than Brock though. Which actually could work out really well.

Still disappointed about it though. Taker never should of lost and just retired undefeated.

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #14646 on: April 26, 2014, 12:28:06 PM »

Right? It is completely dead. But I don't think as many come on the board anymore. I know I stop by every once in awhile but not all that much.

I'm always excited for Wrestlemania even with this year's card not looking all that great. Rumble is my favorite ppv and the lead up to Wrestlemania and the event itself is always at least semi-entertaining. I am sick of a lot of guys though like Cena and HHH and wish Punk was here but I'll still watch and hope its good.

Stone Cold has been confirmed to appear and Hogan is there so hopefully whatever they do with them is at least an entertaining segment or two. I hope for some good matches with Bryan and maybe with Shield/Kane and Bray/Cena. I figure the title match ends up a fatal four-way somehow. Some type of cheap finish to the Bryan/HHH match and Hogan or someone coming out to put Bryan in the title match. Thinking its also plausable CM Punk comes back in some capacity tomorrow or at the post-wrestlemania Raw. They haven't buried him or anything, they have chosen to just not mention him at all so I figure he'll come back eventually.

I loved every moment of it, if any of you ever considered making a trip to mania do it. honestly had one of the best weekends of my life in New Orleans.

I'd managed to avoid any knowledge of Austin appearing, so that was an awesome surprise for me, and then the rock coming out too, just set the night up so well.

So much better than last years mania, and I think the RAW the next night showed it, instead of shitting all over the show like they did last year the crowd were into the actual product.

oh and Paige  love

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14647 on: July 24, 2014, 03:54:20 PM »

It's been awhile....crazy to think this thread started 12 years ago!!  Shocked
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #14648 on: August 27, 2014, 06:48:58 AM »

Austin has hinted at a return for mania 32 in texas  Grin

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Mr Cowbell 2015
Opening Act

« Reply #14649 on: February 12, 2015, 04:46:30 PM »

So quiet nowadays. There once was a time where WWE game was a highlight on this site. It now looks like a museum to the past of the glory days.

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #14650 on: February 26, 2015, 04:06:31 PM »

ya this is awful...Wrestlemania coming up...apparently lesnar walked out on raw...stings in the wwe...looks like taker vs wyatt and sting vs hhh.....should be decent

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #14651 on: March 10, 2015, 10:49:59 PM »

Not really super excited for Mania this year.

Booman Reigns vs. Lesnar has the potential to suck ass. Reigns is too green for my liking and anytime two big guys go together its usually not a great match.

Bray vs. Taker could be good or could really suck. Its a toss-up. So is HHH vs. Sting. The hype for the match is non-existent to me because I've always wanted Taker v Sting, not HHH v. Sting. Should be a good match but it could suck too.

I guess all three main events are really toss ups. None of those feuds are getting really good build up. Wyatt is pretty much fueding with himself which is weird. Sting finally spoke on Raw and they messed with his voice and it was awful. And if Heyman wasn't out there making A+ promos that Brock/Reigns build-up would be really really shitty instead of just shitty.

I like the potential for the IC Title Ladder Match which seems to be just a MITB match. Those are usually fun and with those involved should be good.

The Rusev/Cena fued reminds of Hogan/Slaughter. Which was shit. Cena is now in the twilight years of Hogan where WWF was doing really stupid shit with him. Just sick of Cena.

Rollins/Orton should be a fun match but the feud has sucked. Orton finally turned on him but really that should have happened weeks ago.

Its like the whole of mania build up is sub par and we don't have triple A ring workers to make Mania fun. Its all workers who have been inconsistent, old or are green in the main events. This has potential to be a good mania but it could also really suck.

And the best they can do with Daniel Bryan is a IC Title Match? Really? WTF WWE.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:51:50 PM by Sober_times » Logged

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #14652 on: April 21, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »

they need lesnar and sting appearing more often to be interesting

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #14653 on: April 22, 2015, 03:20:05 AM »

Wrestling died when Bret hart retired
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #14654 on: April 22, 2015, 01:13:36 PM »

Unfortunately, sure looks like Daniel Bryan is not long for this line of work.

Shame, because he's really talented.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #14655 on: April 22, 2015, 01:57:49 PM »

Unfortunately, sure looks like Daniel Bryan is not long for this line of work.

Shame, because he's really talented.

We'll see.  It depends on which dirt sheet you read and believe.

If it's further neck issues...yeah, that's bad.

If it's the reported concussion he suffered at the Dublin House Show...it's bad, but not AS bad.  Hopefully, that, he can come back from in a month or so.

Together again,
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #14656 on: April 23, 2015, 09:38:08 AM »

We'll see.  It depends on which dirt sheet you read and believe.

If it's further neck issues...yeah, that's bad.

If it's the reported concussion he suffered at the Dublin House Show...it's bad, but not AS bad.  Hopefully, that, he can come back from in a month or so.

Can't keep the belt on such an unreliable guy.

Which is a shame, because I think putting the US and IC belts on otherwise main eventers was a good idea and one that might restore some prestige to them.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #14657 on: June 11, 2015, 02:17:39 PM »

I know this thread is pretty inactive, but...

Today, we lost a legend. Today, the Dream has died.

RIP, Dusty....I hope..no, I KNOW...you're gettin' funky like a monkey, somewhere.

Together again,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14658 on: June 11, 2015, 03:46:30 PM »

RIP, Dusty....I hope..no, I KNOW...you're gettin' funky like a monkey, somewhere.

Did not now that until you posted... RIP.

Cant believe he was only 69, he looked that old back in the 80s.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #14659 on: June 12, 2015, 04:42:56 AM »

The Dream had one of the greatest theme songs ever, in the WWF
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 [733] 734 735 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: