Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 736537 times)
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2003, 11:57:08 AM »

Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels Wrestlmenia whatever, the Ironman match!

Fuck All Y'all
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2003, 03:28:12 PM »

Hi everybody

Goldberg:
This guy is probably without a doubt the crappiest wrestler I have ever laid my eyes on, man he SUCKS big time. I know the rock and austin suck but at least they are good entertainers. Goldberg is a disgrace for wrestling and he really doesn't know what the fuck to do in the ring. He never heard about selling a move, I wonder if he even knows a real wrestling move and all his matches are the same. He gets the living crap kicked out of him (of course because his opponents cheat but hell it doesn't matter) and then it's like SPEAR, JACK-HAMMER and the pin WOOOW!!!! Yeah really a smart move bringing him in the WWE, it'll suck even more

Say what you like... ratings are down so he has to be given a go. Bret Hart was my fav wrestler ever but mistakes happen and anyone who can jackhammer the giant deserves a chance.

The fans bummed Lesnar cos he F5 big show imagine what will happen if goldberg jackhammers him.

I am a fan of true wrestling and would not want Goldberg but Rock vs Goldberg would be cool cos i hate them both.

Hi everybody

Steiner:
What can you say about big poppa pump, Yes he is big and yes he is a freak but man he sucks too man!! He's not even close of being a shadow of what he used to be. I have a match on tape between owen/bret vs the steiners and man the match was truly unbelieveble. It's a shame of seeing just how crappy he has gotten over the years.

Agreed he may look cool but he sucks

Brock Lesnar:
He is the next big thing but he has become the next big thing way to fast. I like superstars who are being build up over the years and finally establish themself as true icons (like bret hart and hbk f.i.). I'm not overly impressed by him but maybe he has what it takes to become one of the greats but as of know I would rate him as mediocre....... Please don't have brock headline Wrestlemania!!!!!!!!! Make it champ vs. champ, HHH vs. Angle, that would be a great match

I think he is a quick fix that has gone superstar. I think he looks the part and could be great.

His test will come when he fights Austin, Rock, HHH and Goldberg if he comes as to whether he is a tier one superstar or not.

And HHH vs Angle - One word.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not for the 1000th time it just get boring. Lesnar vs Angle will be much better IMO

Hogan:
He's old, He can't wrestle but what the fuck does it matter. Hulkemania is back and I'm glad. Hogan brings back memories and when he's in a match the crowd is on fire and that is what it's all about. I don't know about you guys but last years wrestlemania was probably one of the greatest moments in wrestling history. The match was mediocre but the crowd and the emotions were truly special, one of my fav. matches of all time I think. Welcome back hulk!!!!!!

haha. look hogan is great but not to play a serious part anymore.

Hogan deserves as much respect as any wrestler but he should not be fighting people like HHH and Austin. He would ruin matches with people like RVD and Jeff Hardy.

Hogan should fight with Mcmahon or be used to get a up and coming wrestler over.

Flair:
A true icon and finally he's being used in a good way. The new stable (kinda like the four horseman) will dominate with HHH as the leader and Flair more in a manager role, I like that. I hope they are going to feud with team angle (without the giant of course, what a loser)

Yeah the 4 Horseman should rule. Except I think Flair should be the manager and not one of the 4. I.e. HHH, Batista, Orton and Another and then Flair

Like Hogan i don't think he should wrestle that much... i think this group thing is a great idea

HBK
WOOOOW the man, the showstopper, the main event is finally back and it looks like he has a few more matches left in him. HBK vs HHH was totally cool, HBK wearing the Gold again almost brought me to tears and by the looks of it we'll have HBK vs. the ayatollah of rock and rolla Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania. This is like a dream match for me. Both guys are great performers and know how to wrestle. I am expecting a great deal out of this match but like I said it's good that the man is back!

Don't like him for the bret screwing... but he can entertain but should never be champ again IMO.

And Y2J vs HBK is great as it gives me time during Wrestlemania to get a cup of teas and go to piss.

Undertaker:
Can't say anything bad about this absolute phenom except that I hope he will come back as the dead man for one last time. All of his fans want to see that and I truly believe that he would go out with a bang if he would to that.

True Legend can teach people like Rock, Goldberg and HBK what a legend is.

He will return as the dead man one last time IMO

RVD/Edge/Hardy:
Give me a break and start using this guys in a proper way. This is the future of the WWE so start building them to main event level and stop wasting there incredible talent

RVD is IMO the most entertaining wrestler today. Even though they have told him that the Van Daminator should be used less which just sucks. ECW ECW ECW ECW

Egde deserves a push and IMO is a perfect example of why taking away the Intercontial title was a mistake.

They deserve pushes to take WWE into a new generation IMO

Angle/Benoit:
The WWE is truly blessed to have these two. They deserve to be the top of the business all the time because they represent what wrestling should be about.......... WRESTLING!!!!! Fuck austin and the rock (go beating up some more girls and make a dozen more movies man), HHH, Angle, Benoit, RVD, Brock (with a little scepticism) and Edge should be the new main event stars.

Both Great unfortunatly Angle will always be a step ahead IMO.

I want Austin back coz i miss the stunner that move rocked.... But rock can fuck off.

Their match rocked and saved the PPV and deserve to be pushed to teir one but they are not there yet IMO.

The story-lines:
Fuck this, bring back Russo!!!!

Vince:
He is really the genetic freak in the Business, HE'S HUGE !!!!!!!

Russo was good but pissed people off too much and 50% of teh roster hates him so don't bring him back.

Vince: Will never forgive him for screwing bret and there was no excuse for it... but great business man.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2003, 03:34:01 PM »

BTW,  I am a huge wrestling fan too(well mostly not todays stuff) and I have a question:

What do you think the greatest match of all time is?

I'd say Flair-Steamboat Wrestlewar 89 or either of the wwe Iron man matches.

Yeah that rocked.

Iron matches sucked especially the HBK Bret one.

Best match is hard to choose but here goes:

ECW: Rvd vs Jerry Lynn no 1

WWE: TLC2 or Bret Hart Vs British Bulldog SS 92 or Hell in a Cell Mankind vs Undertaker

[/color]

HHH_is_god
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2003, 04:15:49 PM »

FAV. Match, damn that's a tough one

OH OH I KNOW.............. Goldberg vs. Steiner for the title in WCW, That was a truly amazing match haha LOL !!!!

No serious I have more than one fav. match because there are a few that I appreciate at the same level but because of a different reason, f.i. !!

Hogan vs. Rock and Hogan vs. Warrior, these matches were as a match not that great, BUT the atmosphere and emtions were at an all-time high so these matches are one of my fav.

Bret vs. Bulldog (SS 1992 I believe) is just one of the greatest technical matches I ever laid my eyes on so hell yeah one of my fav. too!!

Hell in a Cell (undertaker vs. hbk and undertaker vs. mankind): I like a could old fashion brawl but those two matches gave a new meaning to brutality (I say sorry to all the ECW fans , you are probably laughing out loud now but I haven't seen ECW tapes yet so I can't judge those) , esspecially the bumps mankind took, those were sick!!!!

And one special match for me is undertaker vs. ultimate warrior (hogan interverns) in Germany (1991). The warrior and hogan were doubleteaming the taker and nothing could keep him down. That was and is the taker I love and hope to see in the WWF one more time.

So this question is just to difficult but as a pure wrestling match I would have to say bret vs. bulldog  
j.axlrose
Rocker

Ain't it fun

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2003, 08:41:58 AM »

BTW, the Katie Vick angle Sucked! If you guys actually liked it, you need  [help]. Hopefully Axl performs on RAW, when Chinese Democracy comes out!!!!!!!!!!

How unlikley that seems it would be the single most coolest fuckin thing on the face of the planet [yes].
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2003, 10:51:14 AM »

BTW, the Katie Vick angle Sucked! If you guys actually liked it, you need  [help]. Hopefully Axl performs on RAW, when Chinese Democracy comes out!!!!!!!!!!

How unlikley that seems it would be the single most coolest fuckin thing on the face of the planet [yes].

I reckon he will perform on RAW when the album comes out. How cool would Welcome to The Jungle be as a entrance theme for someone.

BHEAD could make anyones entrance sound cool

[/color]

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2003, 11:06:41 AM »

Hey people i got this from www.Rajahwwf.com check this out its weird to say the least:

There have been some very disturbing facts released about upcoming WWE superstar Nathan Jones. It was brought to my attention yesterday by a member of the Wrestling Unlimited Discussion Forums that an article had been posted by Australia?s Courier Mail explaining a lot of dirt on Jones.

In the article, discussion was made how WWE was using footage of former Queensland premier Wayne Gross to promote the arrival of Jones to WWE. The story continued by talking about how WWE was using video clips where Jones was convicted of armed robbery in 1989 and spent a total of eight years in prison. The story wrote that Jones "initially won fame for ripping cell doors off their hinges and snapping handcuffs. It once took 10 prison guards to restrain him when he went berserk in Hobart's Risdon jail, where a political scandal was created after it was revealed gas was often used to subdue him." The story went on to reveal that Nathan had his visa revoked in the past due to violence and self-confessed steroid abuse. If this all is not shocking enough, the article said that in 1989 Jones had to undergo surgery to remove a mammary gland in his left breast which began to produce milk due to steroid abuse.

Who would wanna wrestle that nutter?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2003, 11:07:02 AM by Gnrfan » Logged

[/color]

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2003, 07:36:59 PM »

Bret vs. Bulldog (SS 1992 I believe) is just one of the greatest technical matches I ever laid my eyes on so hell yeah one of my fav. too!!

Nuff Said

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2003, 07:42:21 PM »

even though I am the only one who thinks so, Steamboat-Flair at WCW Spring stampede 94 was one of my fav matches also.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
HHH_is_god
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2003, 05:25:55 AM »

It's a shame that I haven't been able to see flair in his prime or right after his departure from the WWF in 1993. I really think he has had a lot of great matches and against Steamboat, well that just speaks for itself. Maybe I can download it from Kaazaa and enjoy.

About Jones:
I think it's cool to have a total nutcase like jones in the WWF. He causes controversy and he seems to have a real life feud with brock lesnar so yeah I'm looking forward to those two powerhouses colliding. BTW, I think Jones is not the nutcase he was when he was convicted, I think he's now a little bit wiser. At least let's hope so

to GNRFAN:
What's wrong with HHH vs Angle at Wrestlemania, Ok it's the again factor but at least you'll have a kick-ass match and I truly believe angle is much much better than last year (or before that). But looking to things in a sensitive way I think WM is going to look a little like this:

Brock vs.  HHH (with HHH winning of course)
Hogan vs. Vince
Rock vs. Austin (after screwing hogan at NWO , rock = ultimate heel)
Jericho vs. HBK (with diesel as his body guard, THAT WOULD ROCK)
Angle vs. Benoit
Undertaker vs. Big Show
dudleys vs. regal/storm vs. team angle vs. kane/rvd

I think it's gonna shape up a little like this, but you know what they say: "anything can happen in the WWF"

the_game
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2003, 02:17:08 PM »

Brock vs.  HHH (with HHH winning of course)
Hogan vs. Vince
Rock vs. Austin (after screwing hogan at NWO , rock = ultimate heel)
Jericho vs. HBK (with diesel as his body guard, THAT WOULD ROCK)
Angle vs. Benoit
Undertaker vs. Big Show
dudleys vs. regal/storm vs. team angle vs. kane/rvd

I think it's gonna shape up a little like this, but you know what they say: "anything can happen in the WWF"

the_game

Anything might happen, but not this. I will put any amount of money on it.

It will be:

Brock vs Angle (although i don't want it)
HHH vs Austin
Rock vs Goldberg (after hogan brings him in to counter The Rock and Vince connection)
Vince vs Hogan
Y2J vs HBK
Kane and RVD & Steiner vs Batista and Orton & Ric Flair
Egde vs Undertaker vs Benoit vs Big Show(No 1 Contender Elimination)
Rey Misterio vs Jeff Hardy (inter promotional match)
The Dudleys vs Regal / Storm vs Booker T & Goldust
Team Angle vs Eddie Guerreo & Chavo

[/color]

MIkeMo
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2003, 06:12:07 AM »

Ric Flair is still one of the best wrestlers in the world...I know it's sad to admit that especially 20 years after his prime time!!
Ok,Shawn Michaels had good matches in the mid 90's...
In 1989 at the NWA Wrestle War Music City Showdown...Ric Flair vs. Rick Steamboat...NWA World Title on the line...One of the Greatest Matches of all-time!
That matchup had everything...
You don't get so see matches like that anymore and it makes me sad...
BTW,how many of you guys remember a wrestler called Ludvig Borga The Hellraiser From Helsinki?
He only spoke finnish and ended Tatanka's winning streak...

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2003, 04:08:50 PM »

Ric Flair is still one of the best wrestlers in the world...I know it's sad to admit that especially 20 years after his prime time!!
Ok,Shawn Michaels had good matches in the mid 90's...
In 1989 at the NWA Wrestle War Music City Showdown...Ric Flair vs. Rick Steamboat...NWA World Title on the line...One of the Greatest Matches of all-time!
That matchup had everything...
You don't get so see matches like that anymore and it makes me sad...
BTW,how many of you guys remember a wrestler called Ludvig Borga The Hellraiser From Helsinki?
He only spoke finnish and ended Tatanka's winning streak...

I remember him... he was amazing then got done for drugs didn't he?

I remember him beating tatanka.... but he was also in Die Hard With A vengenace which at the time i thought rocked.

Who remembers a guy called the patriot... he had like a world title shot then disappeared

[/color]

MIkeMo
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2003, 01:45:47 PM »

Something tells me that he broke his back and ankle...
Doing drugs...? I don't know maybe steroids?
Wasn't he charged with possessing firearms without a permit?
I've read his autobiography but it was a long time ago so i can't be 100% sure...
He also did a movie with Jean Claude Van Dam... The name was something like...Lion Heart...?Small part but i still count it
Tony Halme (his real name) has also done shootfighting,ultimate fighting,boxing...
Finnish heavyweight title holder,American(WBF) heavyweight title holder!!!
After all his a mean mothefuc..r!!
The Patriot,didn't he used to wrestle in WCW?
"The Patriot was forced to retire due to an arm injury. I read somewhere that he sold his gimmick to someone else who now wrestles in the independents under "The Patriot" name."

MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2003, 03:36:51 PM »

Is anyone going to watch World Wrestling All Stars: Retribution!
on Pay-Per-View this Sunday? They are going to have Sting, Lex Luger,Sabu, Disco Inferno, Buff Bagwell, Konnan, Norman Smiley, The Godfather, The Wall/Malice, Joe E. Legend, Simon Diamond, Spyder "Nat" Webb, Midajha, Frankie "The Future" Kazarian, The Hardcore Midgets (Puppet and TEO) and Johnny Swinger. I remeber like  8 years years ago when Lex Luger was fighting  Yokozuna. R.I.P.  Sad   [peace]

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2003, 11:33:03 AM »

im gonna watch that PPV!! I hear sting is fighting Lex Luger for the title. I also hear that Luger is HUGE....as in FAT!! I think I read somewhere that hes pushin 300lbs! Remember when he had the "perfect" physic? It sucks getting old!! [hihi]
j.axlrose
Rocker

Ain't it fun

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2003, 04:40:38 PM »

im gonna watch that PPV!! I hear sting is fighting Lex Luger for the title. I also hear that Luger is HUGE....as in FAT!! I think I read somewhere that hes pushin 300lbs! Remember when he had the "perfect" physic? It sucks getting old!! [hihi]

Ive seen a quite resent pic of luger and he looks in good shape not fat
j.axlrose
Rocker

Ain't it fun

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2003, 01:56:55 PM »

Has Nathan Jones apeared on a WWE show yet?, i thought we would see him at No Way Out.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2003, 12:08:29 PM »

Who's gonna be watching Wrestlemania 'The Showcase Of The Immortals' with Lesnar Angle headlining and HBK facing off with Jericho it can't be missed
j.axlrose
Rocker

Ain't it fun

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2003, 04:42:51 AM »

Im lookin foward to Rock vs Stone Cold, Its the match on the card that im bothered bout.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: