Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:52:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  are VR fans still living in denial?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: are VR fans still living in denial?  (Read 5805 times)
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« on: June 27, 2005, 07:59:13 PM »

prior to the release of contraband, i remember alot of VR fans/slash fanatics/axl haters saying that "omg this will like totally  blow everything away, this will like make chinese democracy look like crap, harr harr harr" and soforth. i've noticed that the spectacular vision among VR fans that contraband would make chinese democracy look like crap has died down/been hushed down considerably. what is the reason for this? is it the fact that the new songs axl so far has only performed live makes contraband look like shit, or that you yourselves, regardless of axl, are disappointed and realize that you went in well over your head? you're free to call me a hater if you want, you're even free to pronounce that VR will prove themselves with their next album, but still i'm looking for some answers. just curious. why did you all of a sudden all turn so quiet about axl's alleged defeat?

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 08:02:55 PM »

prior to the release of contraband, i remember alot of VR fans/slash fanatics/axl haters saying that "omg this will like totally? blow everything away, this will like make chinese democracy look like crap, harr harr harr" and soforth. i've noticed that the spectacular vision among VR fans that contraband would make chinese democracy look like crap has died down/been hushed down considerably. what is the reason for this? is it the fact that the new songs axl so far has only performed live makes contraband look like shit, or that you yourselves, regardless of axl, are disappointed and realize that you went in well over your head? you're free to call me a hater if you want, you're even free to pronounce that VR will prove themselves with their next album, but still i'm looking for some answers. just curious. why did you all of a sudden all turn so quiet about axl's alleged defeat?

Will anybody take the bait?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 08:07:38 PM »

Not really dude no one was saying cb would make cd look like shit.. Did they spend 7 years on this, did they have a revolving door of musicians, did they re do parts 5-6 times>> You sound like one of those bitter people that are so annoyed with the lack of anything from new gnr that you need to come over to this section and piss on other people because they are enjoying the album and since you have axl on the brain 24-7 you just want the misery loves company .. Your whole argument is rediculous because it's all opinion and I know you can never believe this but the new gnr songs are nothing special to me.. Blue n maddy are cool, but silkworms, riyad and oh my god are complete crap.
Who turned quite about axl's defeat or whatever you call it? Unlike you fans of both bands are waiting for cd and when it happen we wil enjoy it.. You didn't like the album Boo Hoo just move on then or see what comes next.. You aren't going to convince anyone that believes anything already.. if I like cb or the awesome live shows I saw then I will after you complain a while in here too.. ?You have been bad mouthing them since you came to this section so same song different day..

At least I can say they are out there doing something wether you like the music or not, I can say they have toured the world(13 months) and give their fans enjoyment, I can say they give us singles n videos and keep us informed on their every move, I can say if they cancel something they give notice and not wait until people watch opening acts drink beer and get crushed in riots..

I took the bait because this guy jumped all over my germany rocm am thread just to bash scott's looks..
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 08:16:15 PM »

VR CB is good, its not earthshattering or anything but its good.
CD on the other hand is none existant, its stupid to hear all this wild claims about it when nobody knows shit about it.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 08:18:12 PM »

Your point is rediculous.. ?I am not going to go into this and that cause Mike already explained it. ? Yes, another bitter Axlite that is so pissed off that they have nothing and those of us that are enjoying VR, you just gotta bash every thread that is started about something that VR IS and HAS been doing for the past almost 2 years now. ?

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 08:19:55 PM »

i remember alot of VR fans/slash fanatics/axl haters saying that "omg this will like totally  blow everything away, this will like make chinese democracy look like crap,
I would love to know when this has been said.. No one even knew how the project would turn out finding a singer..  That line is such a load of shit.. Oh if you were looking forward to cb you were a slash lover or axl hater.. grown up dude..
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 08:20:14 PM »

oh i'm far from bitter, actually i pity the people who are constantly running their mouth about axl and how he should get his ass in gear, as well as the ones spending their lives making excuses for him. i just wait for the album and enjoy the other albums and bootlegs, if axl wants to perfect this thing than so be it, perfection is good in my eyes and the waiting has become a habit, i don't really spend much time thinking about it. now, as far as "no one saying that cb would make cd look like shit", that ain't excactly true my friend. a couple of years back i remember reading posts from slash fanatics/axl bashers (don't deny that this board is devided into two camps), long frustrated with slash's poor solo work, that contraband would (not in their words) make axl look dumb for spending all this time on one cd. funny how the cb/cd comparisons stopped once contraband dropped. and don't deny that alot of VR fans found it disappointing either. i'm not trying to sound like a pathetic hater here, i just wondered what was up with that.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 08:21:06 PM »

prior to the release of contraband, i remember alot of VR fans/slash fanatics/axl haters saying that "omg this will like totally? blow everything away, this will like make chinese democracy look like crap, harr harr harr" and soforth. i've noticed that the spectacular vision among VR fans that contraband would make chinese democracy look like crap has died down/been hushed down considerably. what is the reason for this? is it the fact that the new songs axl so far has only performed live makes contraband look like shit, or that you yourselves, regardless of axl, are disappointed and realize that you went in well over your head? you're free to call me a hater if you want, you're even free to pronounce that VR will prove themselves with their next album, but still i'm looking for some answers. just curious. why did you all of a sudden all turn so quiet about axl's alleged defeat?

yawn...  Roll Eyes

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 08:22:51 PM »

yawn...? Roll Eyes

thanx for contributing, now move on.

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 08:25:11 PM »

oh i'm far from bitter, actually i pity the people who are constantly running their mouth about axl and how he should get his ass in gear, as well as the ones spending their lives making excuses for him. i just wait for the album and enjoy the other albums and bootlegs, if axl wants to perfect this thing than so be it, perfection is good in my eyes and the waiting has become a habit, i don't really spend much time thinking about it. now, as far as "no one saying that cb would make cd look like shit", that ain't excactly true my friend. a couple of years back i remember reading posts from slash fanatics/axl bashers (don't deny that this board is devided into two camps), long frustrated with slash's poor solo work, that contraband would (not in their words) make axl look dumb for spending all this time on one cd. funny how the cb/cd comparisons stopped once contraband dropped. and don't deny that alot of VR fans found it disappointing either. i'm not trying to sound like a pathetic hater here, i just wondered what was up with that.

If what you say is true, it was pointless back then and it's pointless now. But here you are stirring pointless sh*t up again.

Many of us VR fans are GN'R fans too (gee, did you think that was possible?) and are anxiously awaiting CD from Axl while enjoying what VR have given us.

I find comparisons silly anyway, seeing as Axl hasn't released anything yet.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 08:37:17 PM »

No people don't hate axl they are let down by axl.. That is a big difference... Since we had something then it went away people got upset.. It was more the disappointment then anything, and those who didn't love the new songs still look ahead to the album and hope for it.. The new stuff axl has done is the weaker of his career but I don't say F him and give up on his music.. Why pitty someone that feels he should get his ass in gear, he's been wrapping up cd for how many years now??? Would you like a forum of fans that are satisfied with no news or an album? Just like people are disappointed in vr people are disappointed in axl.. I have been a gnr fan since they started back in the day.. Not everyone is going to love scott weiland.. Not anyone can just front a band like STP then join up with ex gunners and have a whole forum filled with fans of axl like him.. ?
Wow a handfull of people said something in the forever battle with one sided people that cd would be better.. I don't care man music is personal preferance..... Not everyone in the world hears the blues or madagascar and melts like a teenage girl..

At least I can say hey I like a few of the new gnr songs, can't like em all.. But the vr bashers can't find one damn thing right with the group or anything they did. Trust me friend if slither or dlt or ygnr was done by axl rose it would have been a cool ballad or a kick ass rocker.. We need more scott is a nazi fag or he's gay in whatever other way or a junkie.. Instead of being some They bashed axl so now let me bash them kind of guy have something consructive to say instead of acting like some follower of axl.
If I hear an entire album of 13 songs I am niot going to say it sucks you guys are morons basically.. I am going to take each song and tell what I like or dislike about it, not come off like some guy who might have not even givent eh damn thing one chance..

long frustrated with slash's poor solo work
No way man you are dead wrong IMO, snakepit fucking rocked his solos n riffs were killer.. Not to mention it wasn't just slash on the first album, dizzy, gilby duff and company..
I really don't care about the haters a few years back, I am in the now loving the album and enjoying the new song and looking forward to the next time they pass by me and drop a second album
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 08:40:16 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 09:28:22 PM »

What a dumb fucking thread... I never compared VR and the NewGnR or never expected for Contraband to blow away Chinese Democracy (Whatever Chinese Democracy is)... Another thing, is I am not part of a "Slash camp". That is soooo gay. I wanted the last Snakepit album to kick ass and it totally sucked balls. I don't go around pretending it rules , so why would I do that with Contrabnd? You might do that with Silkworms but that would be kinda lame.. Sounds like you are in denial that Velvet Revolver are a successful band with alot of satisfied fans.. I can see why some Gn'R fans may not like VR. You may have been expecting something more like Gn'R which VR is NOTHING like and I commend them for that.. But there are alot of people out there that do like VR.. I actually know alot of them to tell you the truth and they aren't die hards that hang out on message boards that have some agenda twards Axl... Some are people that didn't even like GnR or STP.? I know people that don't like them either but what can ya do?Huh To come here and tell people that they are denial is lame. Not everyone is in some queer little world where everyting is Slash against Axl either.. I was all for Axl for a long time..? I was ineterested in everything that the guys in GnR were doing.. I remeber back in like 99 when the whole 2000 intentions shit was going on. I was pumped that Axl was gonna be back. I loved Oh My God and was online the night of Rock In Rio downloading the tunes as they came in. Hell, I even bought a Buckethead CD. It didn't take long for Axl to prove to me that IMO he was a total douchebag. He canceled an entire tour saying he didn't know about it... I could go on and on about reasons why I lost interest in Axl and his new project... I was one of the? biggest GnR fans out there including Axl.? I was always backing him up and then it just got ridiculous... The biggest thing was that I really dont like the new music. Some of it was good, but most of it sucked. That is my opinion. If you think Contraband sucks , that is your opinion. But don't say we are in denial because we like it... Everything could be turned around on you very easily...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 09:31:39 PM by tomass74 » Logged

Boner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 09:49:53 PM »

This band got to predictable for me. After hearing "Come on Come in" song, it's save to say that they no longer have it in them. Their simply blending in what is popular at the moment hoping to sell few record here and there.

Hope they prove me wrong in their next new record.   hihi
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 09:51:14 PM »

What a dumb fucking thread... I never compared VR and the NewGnR or never expected for Contraband to blow away Chinese Democracy (Whatever Chinese Democracy is)... Another thing, is I am not part of a "Slash camp". That is soooo gay. I wanted the last Snakepit album to kick ass and it totally sucked balls. I don't go around pretending it rules , so why would I do that with Contrabnd? You might do that with Silkworms but that would be kinda lame.. Sounds like you are in denial that Velvet Revolver are a successful band with alot of satisfied fans.. I can see why some Gn'R fans may not like VR. You may have been expecting something more like Gn'R which VR is NOTHING like and I commend them for that.. But there are alot of people out there that do like VR.. I actually know alot of them to tell you the truth and they aren't die hards that hang out on message boards that have some agenda twards Axl... Some are people that didn't even like GnR or STP.? I know people that don't like them either but what can ya do?Huh To come here and tell people that they are denial is lame. Not everyone is in some queer little world where everyting is Slash against Axl either.. I was all for Axl for a long time..? I was ineterested in everything that the guys in GnR were doing.. I remeber back in like 99 when the whole 2000 intentions shit was going on. I was pumped that Axl was gonna be back. I loved Oh My God and was online the night of Rock In Rio downloading the tunes as they came in. Hell, I even bought a Buckethead CD. It didn't take long for Axl to prove to me that IMO he was a total douchebag. He canceled an entire tour saying he didn't know about it... I could go on and on about reasons why I lost interest in Axl and his new project... I was one of the? biggest GnR fans out there including Axl.? I was always backing him up and then it just got ridiculous... The biggest thing was that I really dont like the new music. Some of it was good, but most of it sucked. That is my opinion. If you think Contraband sucks , that is your opinion. But don't say we are in denial because we like it... Everything could be turned around on you very easily...

yeah, and if you could keep petty insults like "gay", "queer" and "lame" out of your posts it would be easier for me to take you seriously. but then again, once i saw your username that possibility disappeared. you were one of the posters who used to piss me off the most back in the day, like 2 years ago you were a notorios axl basher at this board. i rememeber it very well, as your poor way of writing and petty insults haven't changed. so what did you want to contribute with this post? you lost interest in axl's project, fine. you backed him up then you did your best to insult both him and people who liked him just because you didn't get the release date you wanted when you wanted it. and what's more, you claim to not be biased about this when 99% of your posts 2-3 years ago were bashing axl. it's funny how you say that you "loved" oh my god and even bought a buckethead cd, then you proceed to say that you don't really like the new material. and why did you change your opinion? because axl didn't do excactly what you wanted him to do when you wanted him to do it. again, you're making an ass out of yourself. and i didn't come here to bash all VR fans like you portray me to be doing. that's horseshit. i asked a simple question, why have the comparisons stopped, and i have yet to get a straight answer.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 09:56:53 PM by August 15th » Logged

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 10:13:18 PM »

why have the comparisons stopped

I guess the comparisons stopped because they end up with stupid pointless arguments like this thread is turning into.

And you claim that you aren't having a go at VR fans, but a thread title like "are VR fans still living in denial?" leads me to believe otherwise.

I have never compared Contraband to Chinese Democracy, and I think CB is a great rock n' roll album. There's no denial.

marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 10:33:23 PM »

NO one's quiet about Axl's defeat. If anyone's quiet about it it's Axl because he hasn't made a public appearance since December 12th 2002.
We're dealing with a man with serious issues and you seem to be one of "them" as well living in denial that by now, its 99.9% in the bag that CD is never coming out (I leave that last .1% for the day that Axl & his lawyers die).

Hey man, if you don;t like ContraBand, then fine.
I'll just keep playing it alongside Appetite for Destruction & Use Your Illusions, because it not only exists but if you read my glowing review of it, it does kick ass.
VR fans don't need to discuss the record btw because it doesn't require Biblical Interpretations like CD. We just pop it in, listen to it and thats it. Very Simple. I happen to work out to it as well so it makes a big difference in my life like GNR records do.

MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 11:23:03 PM »

It's been said before and I'll say it again, VR and Nu GNR are two totally differet bands.  If people were touting CB as the next great Rock Album, more power to them.  Contraband is a good Cd and VRs tour sales, album sales and popularity show that.  I myself followed The Project from its inception and put too much expectations into Contraband.  When I first heard it I wasn't thrilled, but it grew on me and I now consider it a good CD with some great tunes; better than anything else out there.  For the above reason, I'm not allowing myself to build up CD anymore.  I really love The Blues, Madagascar and IRS.  The others are ok, but it took some time to grow.  Someone else already said it, music is a personal apprecaition and what's great to me may not be to someone else.  Anyone who touted Contraband as the destroyer of Axl is just as dumb as those who bash Chinese Democracy or champion it because it doesn't exist yet/
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 12:41:58 AM »

Fine, I'll take the bait.  When I first heard the song Slither, I loved the song, and I had no idea who it was - I hadn't been following anything that was going on by anyone in GnR, even though I had loved them back in the day.  Of course, when I found out who was behind it I was stoked and I love the CD.  There have been few CD's I have bought and loved everything on it - Appetite was another one.  I love VR for who they are TODAY.  Not for where they came from.  I suppose if you are a GnR die hard you will be disappointed, because it sounds nothing like them.  And, it's ridiculous to think that someone would take over 10 yrs and spend millions of dollars to make an album just for the sake of "perfection".  Give me a break.  At least the other guys have put the past behind them and moved on.  They are not GnR - they are Velvet Revolver, whether you like them or not.       
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 01:25:56 AM »

Ive been listening to this CD for over a year and I work out to it almost every single day like MarkNRoses said.

This is definitely one of the best cds ive ever owned.

after all this time it isnt old, it isnt stale

see there is shit pop music and there is great music.

shit pop music is the kind of stuff that u love on the first listen cause its hooky,poppy and formulatic.

CB is a hardcore rock record. it isnt easy to digest, U have to actually give this record some listens to identify with it the heaviness of the issues in the songs and to relate to them.

U have to make an effort to appreciate CB cause its a great record.

I feel sorry for some of u when u listen to Chinese Democracy cause the complexity of that will be impossible for some to comprehend and get.

u gotta open your mind to love certain kinds of music.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 02:41:09 AM »

yeah, and if you could keep petty insults like "gay", "queer" and "lame" out of your posts it would be easier for me to take you seriously. but then again, once i saw your username that possibility disappeared. you were one of the posters who used to piss me off the most back in the day, like 2 years ago you were a notorios axl basher at this board. i rememeber it very well, as your poor way of writing and petty insults haven't changed. so what did you want to contribute with this post? you lost interest in axl's project, fine. you backed him up then you did your best to insult both him and people who liked him just because you didn't get the release date you wanted when you wanted it. and what's more, you claim to not be biased about this when 99% of your posts 2-3 years ago were bashing axl. it's funny how you say that you "loved" oh my god and even bought a buckethead cd, then you proceed to say that you don't really like the new material. and why did you change your opinion? because axl didn't do excactly what you wanted him to do when you wanted him to do it. again, you're making an ass out of yourself. and i didn't come here to bash all VR fans like you portray me to be doing. that's horseshit. I asked a simple question, why have the comparisons stopped, and i have yet to get a straight answer.

I liked Oh My God and still do, and I gave Buckethead a shot.... I also liked Madagascar too and thought CD was pretty good. I thought Silkworms, and Ryhad were terrible....And the blues sounded outdated and cheesy to me... Thats why I said I didn't really like the new material. I could also not give a shit about him not releasing the CD when I wanted it. I was never really had a time when I expected it... I just don't like the band that much and don't like his antics.. Pretending he didnt know about the first tour, not showing up to the first show of the next tour, blaming everything on everyone else and so on... Anyway, I never said that Contraband was gonna blow away CD.? I would rather not compare the two bands to tell you the truth... And you did start this thread to start shit.

Would you rather people go over to the GnR side and talk about how great Contraband is??? I think the fans that are happy with Contraband just like to listen to it. No need to be stiring up shit and comparing it to some album that isn't out or may never come out for that matter...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 02:48:12 AM by tomass74 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: