Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 02:33:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Live 8 thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live 8 thread  (Read 31884 times)
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2005, 04:48:29 PM »

Well Electric Image you are missing the point, if VR are the best live act around then things are desperately bad....being the best when theres nothing else around aint a good endorsement...they cant compare with acts like the who in their heyday or GnR or acdc...perhaps you mention 'playground' as thats where you were back in the late 80s when Axl and co showed us what a live act should be like...maybe you should watch some old videos of what rock bands used to be like..have you seen keith moon play..anyway VR live act (slash aside) was poor...hopefully if they get a decent frontman they might just kick ass a little. There were thousands of rockers (non pop afficiandos) at Live 8 and VR never got them going, thats a bad endorsement. We are all entitled to our opinion, GNR rocked live, VR cant cut the big stage....admittedly with some decent lyrics and Scott axed they might have some hope.
WOW, Electric Image. That was incredibly gay when I heard it from another moron who couldn't think for himself either. Ya see, I'm a huge Zeppelin fan. The term Electric Magic is frequently used with Zeppelin and Page. Electricmage is a play off of that term, used in conjunction with Pagey. Pretty creative if I do say so myself. You on the other hand have no creativity. This is why you think VR is shitty. And tell me, have you been to a VR show? I bet not. Because you probably boycott VR because there is no Axl Rose having anything to do with this band.

? ? Now, STP was a pretty shitty band. I mean, Scott fronted them right? They were so bad in fact, that they haven't influenced tons of bands around today. I didn't even read an article in SPIN about that aspect of STP either. Gn'R was great live in the beginning, but Axl blew it up with all the backup singers, the pianos, the running around in tights. His attitude. And just because I am younger then you, does not mean I'm not smarter. Fact of the matter is, Scott Weiland is nothing short of amazing. And you are to ignorant to understand that.

And "might just kick ass a little"? Slash saved Gn'R during the Illusion tour. Buddy, I realized that when I was 12. How old are you?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 10:37:00 PM by electricmage » Logged
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #121 on: July 10, 2005, 11:17:23 AM »

are those pic's of slash going to be posted ?
you know the ones they were taking of him holding up the giutar.it was awesome.i want that pic.

the one an only horsey !
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2005, 01:45:22 PM »

and just who in the hell is an influence on these pathetic, degenrate, clowns,today
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2005, 05:07:36 PM »

and just who in the hell is an influence on these pathetic, degenrate, clowns,today

What the hell are you talking about?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2005, 05:46:30 PM »

I think hes being sarcastic dude.

html sucks
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2005, 06:00:27 PM »

Well Electric Image you are missing the point, if VR are the best live act around then things are desperately bad....being the best when theres nothing else around aint a good endorsement...they cant compare with acts like the who in their heyday or GnR or acdc...perhaps you mention 'playground' as thats where you were back in the late 80s when Axl and co showed us what a live act should be like...maybe you should watch some old videos of what rock bands used to be like..have you seen keith moon play..anyway VR live act (slash aside) was poor...hopefully if they get a decent frontman they might just kick ass a little. There were thousands of rockers (non pop afficiandos) at Live 8 and VR never got them going, thats a bad endorsement. We are all entitled to our opinion, GNR rocked live, VR cant cut the big stage....admittedly with some decent lyrics and Scott axed they might have some hope.

Its not the 80's anymore man, and late 80's style GNR didnt last long. Time to move on because that era has past.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2005, 10:01:17 PM »

I think hes being sarcastic dude.
No, I really don't know what the hell he is talking about. Or who he is reffering to.
aporro
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2005, 08:34:46 AM »

Hey all, i thought the band kicked ass at Live 8.  Why are so many hating on them???  It's sadly all the Axl fans who secretly play VR's music all day.  Get over it and enjoy!!!!!  Hopefully, Axl can get off his ass and release something too and they can both kick ass.  By the way, for those dissing on Scott- Even though he's not Axl, the man can own a stage and they definitely kick ass in big venues.  What's the deal with the gentleman who thought they couldn't rock out a big stage.  What in the world are you smoking?Huh They kicked ass at Live 8, along with Pink Floyd.  Too bad some of you are so ignorant and narrow-minded that you do not allow yourselves to enjoy some rock n' roll.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2005, 09:03:33 PM »

WOW, Electric Image. That was incredibly gay when I heard it from another moron who couldn't think for himself either. Ya see, I'm a huge Zeppelin fan. The term Electric Magic is frequently used with Zeppelin and Page. Electricmage is a play off of that term, used in conjunction with Pagey. Pretty creative if I do say so myself. You on the other hand have no creativity. This is why you think VR is shitty. And tell me, have you been to a VR show? I bet not. Because you probably boycott VR because there is no Axl Rose having anything to do with this band.

? ? Now, STP was a pretty shitty band. I mean, Scott fronted them right? They were so bad in fact, that they haven't influenced tons of bands around today. I didn't even read an article in SPIN about that aspect of STP either. Gn'R was great live in the beginning, but Axl blew it up with all the backup singers, the pianos, the running around in tights. His attitude. And just because I am younger then you, does not mean I'm not smarter. Fact of the matter is, Scott Weiland is nothing short of amazing. And you are to ignorant to understand that.

And "might just kick ass a little"? Slash saved Gn'R during the Illusion tour. Buddy, I realized that when I was 12. How old are you?

Dude, STP was far from shitty. They had alot of good music actually.. I also saw them twice live and they were nothing short of amazing both times.... I saw them in the early 90's when everything was getting boring and it wasn't cool to put on a show.. Well they rocked and I left the joint thinking "Wow, I haven't seen?a show like that since Gn'R and this is the only great? frontman since Axl.."

Actually that first show was in 1996...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 08:41:08 PM by tomass74 » Logged

electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2005, 06:50:44 PM »

Dude, STP was far from shitty. They had alot of good music actually.. I also saw them twice live and they were nothing short of amazing both times.... I saw them in the early 90's when everything was getting boring and it wasn't cool to put on a show.. Well they rocked and I left the joint thinking "Wow, I haven't seen? ashow like that since Gn'R and this is the only greta frontman since Axl.."

Sarcasm my friend. Sarcasm.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2005, 08:42:33 PM »

DOH  Lips Sealed

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2005, 11:17:19 AM »

Velvet revolver definitively surprised me.... their performance was excellent, its a great band, one of the best on stage if you ask me...

@;----,----.------------
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2005, 11:14:12 PM »

RollingStone >> Issue 979 >> July 28, 2005

"We're saying, 'Listen, you overfed leaders of the so-called free world, help a brother out,' " said Velvet Revolver's Scott Weiland (with Slash) - before tearing through "Fall to Pieces" in London.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2005, 10:34:55 AM »

That was soft..............

@;----.-----,-------------
duffslover
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2005, 12:19:28 PM »

I PERSONALLY LOVED THEIR PERFORMANCE.  I WAS THERE AND THEY REALLY MADE ME GO WEAK AT THE KNEES, ESPECIALLY DUFF!!!!! drool

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2005, 10:45:47 PM »

I thought the performance was decent but at the time the crowd did not seem to warm to it that much.

Anywayz, the point of me digging this up is...

I was watching Friday Night With Jonathan Ross and he was interviewing Damon Albarn (The Blur/Gorillaz dude...) and they were discussing Live 8.? They were saying how it seemed a little flat, not enough black/african artists etc. And then Ross said how anyone could of replaced Velvet Revolver, Albarn laughed and they moved on.? The basic implication though was they were shit and what the hell where they doing on the bill.? I think it's a real shame to when this happens on a highly rated show, one of the top bands around at the moment gets knocked.? They could of picked on anyone from Live 8 e.g. Pete Doherty.? This is a show that welcomes on mainstream rock bands like Greenday.? In the scheme of things are Velvet Revolver really that unpopular? At least here in the UK?? I mean i know Rock is 'Alternative' but come on...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: