Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:10:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Frank interview in Drum Mag
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank interview in Drum Mag  (Read 7315 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 03:04:27 PM »

So my follow up questions would be

The band used to write on the road all the time.  Has this changed?  If so why?

I'm not Axl, but I can answer that for you.

None of the albums released by GN'R were completely written while on tour. The fact is, they're musicians. If an idea comes to them at home, they probably save it somehow for later. Same thing if it happens at sound check or in a hotel room while on tour.

The band used to play unreleased NEW music live.  With the comments that there is a ton of already written music in a vaut and the history of writing new material on the road while touring, is there a possibility of hearing New unreleased music live?  If not why?

Well, the answer could be a follow up to your question. Why would they play unreleased songs nobody has heard and debut them that way at this point? What's the purpose?

It made sense in 1991 since the tour started before the albums came out.
It made sense before Chinese came out because so many kept saying there's no new music, there's no finished songs and it's never coming out etc etc etc.

Now? They don't really need to do it just to please some fans posting on message boards who spend too much time reading setlists... That's just my opinion. They don't have to, I don't know if they want to. That's another question.... Smiley

So you see, many of your questions you could come up with plausible answers to yourself....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 05:41:02 PM »

Nice interview, thanks for posting!

I remaing positive we will get news on new album or new song this year.  beer
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2017, 07:48:59 PM »

So my follow up questions would be

The band used to write on the road all the time.  Has this changed?  If so why?

I'm not Axl, but I can answer that for you.

None of the albums released by GN'R were completely written while on tour. The fact is, they're musicians. If an idea comes to them at home, they probably save it somehow for later. Same thing if it happens at sound check or in a hotel room while on tour.

The band used to play unreleased NEW music live.  With the comments that there is a ton of already written music in a vaut and the history of writing new material on the road while touring, is there a possibility of hearing New unreleased music live?  If not why?

Well, the answer could be a follow up to your question. Why would they play unreleased songs nobody has heard and debut them that way at this point? What's the purpose?

It made sense in 1991 since the tour started before the albums came out.
It made sense before Chinese came out because so many kept saying there's no new music, there's no finished songs and it's never coming out etc etc etc.

Now? They don't really need to do it just to please some fans posting on message boards who spend too much time reading setlists... That's just my opinion. They don't have to, I don't know if they want to. That's another question.... Smiley

So you see, many of your questions you could come up with plausible answers to yourself....

/jarmo

I like our interview
DAVE ROCK
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2017, 09:57:26 PM »

yeah, me too
the dynamic of this band has completely changed since Slash and Duff are back in the band. They just don't know to wait for the next tour leg. These breaks they have I'm pretty sure (obviously is just an opinion) they're writtin, workin' and recordin' songs. That's what Duff and Slash have made for the last 20 years. And not only durin breaks. Slash and Duff love to write on the road and try new riffs/song ideas at soundchecks, rehearshals...

I'm with you. I think in 2017 we'll get some new tunes or at least some concrete info from them about when to expect new music

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 05:03:02 PM »

yeah, me too
the dynamic of this band has completely changed since Slash and Duff are back in the band. They just don't know to wait for the next tour leg. These breaks they have I'm pretty sure (obviously is just an opinion) they're writtin, workin' and recordin' songs. That's what Duff and Slash have made for the last 20 years. And not only durin breaks. Slash and Duff love to write on the road and try new riffs/song ideas at soundchecks, rehearshals...

I'm with you. I think in 2017 we'll get some new tunes or at least some concrete info from them about when to expect new music

I agree 100%, lets keep positive!  peace
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 12:18:20 PM »

they are milking the cow...i don't think we'll se an album till the end of 2018
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: