Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:35:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  two faced axl bashers
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: two faced axl bashers  (Read 16264 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2005, 07:20:44 PM »

I'm not into "mine is bigger than yours" stuff. I'd rather be a casual fan than a possesive fan.  peace

Saul how dare you forget that tanga? compared to tanga,  tight bicycle shorts were gay  Angry

You really cannot blame them for leaving.

Sorry, Really I don't blame them at all.
But for their departure, this band I love today wouldn't have been born. How karmic!
Thank you, the former great guns!  Thank you!

Whiners there, again

please please please
No. 1 if you wanna show how you're frustrated without CD, go whine here. http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=b8f5ee181929641438e9bfd88eb2041c&topic=20862.0
No. 2 if you wanna complain about how this board is not like others, you go whine at administrative, feedback n help section.
No. 3 if you want to demonstrate who were to blame or anything over spilt milk, go milk at dead horse section.

Otherwise, I donno.....wait and see Roll Eyes
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2005, 07:23:13 PM »

who the hell talked about "mine is bigger than yours"?

well I disagree there - that is exactly the 'emperors new clothes' situation I referred to earlier

'True fans' as you put it, will be objective and detached in their judgment when CD comes out

The bar has been set so high by GN'Rs legacy, that anyone who settles for anything less than brilliance of the highest order, IMO is not a 'true fan'

so in other words, fans of slash aren't true fans because contraband wasn't brilliance, compared to the illusions and appetite for destruction. you make a very poor point, my friend.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2005, 07:29:38 PM »

well I disagree there - that is exactly the 'emperors new clothes' situation I referred to earlier

'True fans' as you put it, will be objective and detached in their judgment when CD comes out

The bar has been set so high by GN'Rs legacy, that anyone who settles for anything less than brilliance of the highest order, IMO is not a 'true fan'

so in other words, fans of slash aren't true fans because contraband wasn't brilliance, compared to the illusions and appetite for destruction. you make a very poor point, my friend.

no, you interpret poorly my friend and make poor analogies

true fans of slash would agree that Contraband wasnt his best work and would hope that he can improve on it rather than blindly suggest it is brilliant etc... geddit?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2005, 07:30:27 PM »

I'm not into "mine is bigger than yours" stuff. I'd rather be a casual fan than a possesive fan.? peace

Saul how dare you forget that tanga? compared to tanga,? tight bicycle shorts were gay? Angry

You really cannot blame them for leaving.

Sorry, Really I don't blame them at all.
But for their departure, this band I love today wouldn't have been born. How karmic!
Thank you, the former great guns!? Thank you!

Whiners there, again

please please please
No. 1 if you wanna show how you're frustrated without CD, go whine here. http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=b8f5ee181929641438e9bfd88eb2041c&topic=20862.0
No. 2 if you wanna complain about how this board is not like others, you go whine at administrative, feedback n help section.
No. 3 if you want to demonstrate who were to blame or anything over spilt milk, go milk at dead horse section.

Otherwise, I donno.....wait and see Roll Eyes

The topic is about two faced axl bashers and since people tend to think I am one of them, this thread is completely appropriate for the discussion at hand.
As far as other boards, if you read my post over, since I believe this is directed towards me, the bashing on other boards are far worse than on this one. ? Should I go complain to admin that the bashing is much worse on other boards and why isn't this one like that Roll Eyes
Talk about a true fan, how could one possibly be one if they are thanking their lucky stars that the old band broke up Shocked ? From that we do have a great kick ass band, VR and when new GNR release CD, only then can I be soooooo happy that this band formed. ?I certainly haven't heard enough of them to make a judgment call. ?From what I have heard I like but the album is what is going to speak volumes to me. ?The old GNR was one of the greatest rock n roll bands in history and I would never disrepect them by saying that I am "happy" they broke up, it was a sad day when it finally went up in smoke.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 07:31:58 PM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2005, 07:32:42 PM »

true fans of slash would agree that Contraband wasnt his best work and would hope that he can improve on it rather than blindly suggest it is brilliant etc... geddit?

yes, but that doesn't change the fact that, according to you, since he was part of making the standards so high for gn'r's legacy, his true fans shouldn't accept contraband at all. so those who actually like contraband, aren't his true fans. according to you. Huh
« Last Edit: July 10, 2005, 07:34:21 PM by August 15th » Logged

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2005, 07:37:58 PM »

yes, but that doesn't change the fact that, according to you, since he was part of making the standards to high for gn'r's legacy, his true fans shouldn't accept contraband at all. so those who actually like contraband, aren't his true fans. according to you. Huh

Big difference between Axl and Slash though isnt there?  - Slash fans can rightfully feel a bit disappointed by Contraband (Im one of them) and hope that in the future, more Slash shines through in VR etc.. - however, Slash isnt recording under the name GNR is he? So in reality, his band can be judged as a seperate entity, whereas Axl has to at least equal if not surpass anything GNRs legacy established

This doesnt change what my point was August - and that is if we blindly follow and accept without criticism Axls shortcomings and bad decisions, we are doing him a dis-service as a fan, because a fan wants to see the best possible outcome for their object of 'fandom'

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »

Big difference between Axl and Slash though isnt there?? - Slash fans can rightfully feel a bit disappointed by Contraband (Im one of them) and hope that in the future, more Slash shines through in VR etc.. - however, Slash isnt recording under the name GNR is he? So in reality, his band can be judged as a seperate entity, whereas Axl has to at least equal if not surpass anything GNRs legacy established

This doesnt change what my point was August - and that is if we blindly follow and accept without criticism Axls shortcomings and bad decisions, we are doing him a dis-service as a fan, because a fan wants to see the best possible outcome for their object of 'fandom'

lol but listen, axl doesn't answer to us and we don't answer to axl so that doesn't matter. being a fan just means supporting him and liking his music, not in any way can supporting him regardlessly make you any less of a fan, if anything it's the opposite, since we are just following his career and supporting what he does. axl makes his own decicions, as do you and i, but that doesn't mean that the people always wanting the best for you are doing you a dis-service, as it's completely up to yourself what you choose to do.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2005, 07:49:37 PM »

Jimmy, you just made a very good point. Its something that the "Axl is God" section of the fanbase doesn't seem to understand. If Axl makes a mistake, and Axl knows its a mistake, and certain people say it was the greatest decision ever made, well thats just sick. Axl has probably puked in disgust at those kinds of people many times over the past 12 years.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2005, 07:52:30 PM »

Big difference between Axl and Slash though isnt there?? - Slash fans can rightfully feel a bit disappointed by Contraband (Im one of them) and hope that in the future, more Slash shines through in VR etc.. - however, Slash isnt recording under the name GNR is he? So in reality, his band can be judged as a seperate entity, whereas Axl has to at least equal if not surpass anything GNRs legacy established

lol but listen, axl doesn't answer to us and we don't answer to axl so that doesn't matter. being a fan just means supporting him and liking his music, not in any way can supporting him regardlessly make you any less of a fan, if anything it's the opposite, since we are just following his career and supporting what he does. axl makes his own decicions, as do you and i, but that doesn't mean that the people always wanting the best for you are doing you a dis-service, as it's completely up to yourself what you choose to do.

yes but lavishing praise on the un-worthy (eg saying that he sings better now, or VMAs was 'electrifying' etc..) is doing more harm than good right?

Constructive critisicm is what the man needs, not 'yes-men' telling him everything he does is great etc..

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2005, 07:58:05 PM »

Jimmy, you just made a very good point. Its something that the "Axl is God" section of the fanbase doesn't seem to understand. If Axl makes a mistake, and Axl knows its a mistake, and certain people say it was the greatest decision ever made, well thats just sick. Axl has probably puked in disgust at those kinds of people many times over the past 12 years.

this is fucking dumb and i won't be a part of it. arguing over who's the "right" or "true" fans and who isn't is just sickening, and people like you aren't really helping anything, as you whine your way through the fan forums. if you don't like the wait then stop taking it out on other fans, who just want to show their support. and i know for a fact that axl appreciates support like this, he's made that clear both in 2001/2002 and in the past so i think you should just be careful about putting words in his mouth. but enough of this, this is making me sick to watch gn'r fans try to tear other gn'r fans down because they support gn'r's frontman. until today, i thought most people thought that was a good thing.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2005, 08:04:56 PM »

this is fucking dumb and i won't be a part of it. arguing over who's the "right" or "true" fans and who isn't is just sickening, and people like you aren't really helping anything, as you whine your way through the fan forums. if you don't like the wait then stop taking it out on other fans, who just want to show their support. and i know for a fact that axl appreciates support like this, he's made that clear both in 2001/2002 and in the past so i think you should just be careful about putting words in his mouth. but enough of this, this is making me sick to watch gn'r fans try to tear other gn'r fans down because they support gn'r's frontman. until today, i thought most people thought that was a good thing.

No one is trying to tear anybody down.  If anything when one of us states a fact that is negative you jump all over us. 

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2005, 08:09:58 PM »

August, I'm not the one trying to go to war with the different segments of the GNR fanbase. As I've stated several times before, we're all in this ship together, and sink or swim, we're together. Its these "Axl is God" people that are trying to pigeonhole me, DTJ, and several others as "Axl bashers", which is moronic. Just because I offer constructive criticism about the situation doesn't mean I hate Axl. There is only like 1 or 2 posters at this site who obviously hate Axl, since they insult him on a personal level. So go take your anger out on them. I have gotten into fistfights defending Axl's name. So take that "Axl basher" shit to someone else.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2005, 08:14:32 PM »

August, I'm not the one trying to go to war with the different segments of the GNR fanbase. As I've stated several times before, we're all in this ship together, and sink or swim, we're together. Its these "Axl is God" people that are trying to pigeonhole me, DTJ, and several others as "Axl bashers", which is moronic. Just because I offer constructive criticism about the situation doesn't mean I hate Axl. There is only like 1 or 2 posters at this site who obviously hate Axl, since they insult him on a personal level. So go take your anger out on them. I have gotten into fistfights defending Axl's name. So take that "Axl basher" shit to someone else.

Kiss Kiss  James speaks the truth beer

check it out!!
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2005, 08:38:14 PM »

have i ever called you an axl basher or anything similar? no, matter of fact i have defended you, even in this thread, so don't bring my name up. all i try to do is bring fucking balance to things and keep this board alive, while others give up i give encouragement. you should know that by now.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2005, 08:41:50 PM »

perhaps this was more directed at me

if so, im going to choose to ignore it as I see no reason to defend my standing as a "fan"

I will say though August, that I am finding your posts here increasingly argumentative and immature

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2005, 08:45:09 PM »

I see no reason to defend my standing as a "fan"

see this is the problem. if you actually read my posts in this thread i was trying to fight this "true fan/not true fan" bullshit, it's sickening and the only reason you bring this to me is because i reacted to a post made by "chineseblues". you'll find that we actually agree on this if you actually read what i said.

Gunna_girl01
Rocker

ROCK AND ROLL A WAY OF LIFE

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2005, 08:46:33 PM »

AXL definatly has good and bad points as we all do.
but i think loyalty is also apart of being a fan.
i have stuck with GNR scince i was 12, listened to them everyday.
spread the word of how good thier music is. the thing is, i dont care if AXL is a perfectionist or egotystical, he's still the man, because i fell in love with GNR and he is very much apart of that!!! ?ok

LIVE IT LOVE IT CHERISH IT
FOR ROCK AND ROLL
IS MY LIFE
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2005, 08:47:56 PM »

I dont get Axl bashers either, Obviously they are waiting around to see what he has to come out with otherwise they wouldnt post here.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2005, 08:48:51 PM »

AXL definatly has good and bad points as we all do.
but i think loyalty is also apart of being a fan.
i have stuck with GNR scince i was 12, listened to them everyday.
spread the word of how good thier music is. the thing is, i dont care if AXL is a perfectionist or egotystical, he's still the man, because i fell in love with GNR and he is very much apart of that!!! ?ok

that's how it is, i agree. ok
that being said, i'm tired of message board arguments. i think i'll come back when this board isn't tearing apart anyone trying to bring positivity to it.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2005, 09:56:40 PM »

Bottom line is this we are all fans no matter how it is defined, all of us are..With that being said, some of us choose to voice opinions and some choose not.   As long as we aren't name calling and being vulgar to Axl or each other we can speak how we feel, it's what a forum is all about. peace

check it out!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: