Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:36:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Brain Interview.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Brain Interview.  (Read 34201 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2005, 04:30:55 PM »

Brain worries that BH wont be on CD? Interesting. It probably means he isn't on CD, he just cant come out and say it specifically. This really sucks. Imagine the time it will take to redo BH's parts, redo them again, and then work on finishing touches. I also agree with several of you about Brain getting sick of the situation.

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2005, 04:46:56 PM »

Well if the buckethead parts are erased and replaced by more bluesy based guitar solos (Fortus), I would be VERY happy. It would be my dream. The only way to "compensate" Slash departure is to put a Rocker in the spotlights, and for me it's pretty clear, it's Richard.  What most of you don't seem to understand is that people ask for Rock n' Roll.

However, I agree to say Brain may be pissed off by the current situation. He is a great drummer.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2005, 05:05:33 PM »

I think Axl should drop the fuckhead.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2005, 05:10:43 PM »

I think Axl should drop the fuckhead.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooool   rofl
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2005, 06:25:42 PM »

The so do I comment is pretty scarey.   Even if he is joking, when you joke about a matter like that and you say only kidding, there is some hint of truth to it.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2005, 07:05:16 PM »

Please can someone pm me the interview I can't get to the first two pages of this thread

Ta

Andrew

Here today...ready to rock
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2005, 07:14:17 PM »

I think most are reading way to much into this....both ways.

There's obviously sarcasm while more than likely a hint of truth as well.  He mentions it too much to be totally serious and too much not to be interested in the monetary gains associated with his chosen profession.

Who gives a fuck anyway.  He's a professional musician for cryin' out loud.  I hope he considers GNR a positive creative outlet and makes a bazillion fucking dollars playing tunes he helped create.

Plus that, the guy seems like he has a sense of humor about it all, doesn't take his art/vocation too seriously. 

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2005, 07:19:51 PM »

Falcon, this is the first time we've had a hint that Buckethead might not be on CD. Very troubling comment, even though he gave a very simplistic response to the question. Its easy to read between the lines. If its true, Nov.29 can be thrown out the window.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2005, 07:31:49 PM »

Falcon, this is the first time we've had a hint that Buckethead might not be on CD. Very troubling comment, even though he gave a very simplistic response to the question. Its easy to read between the lines. If its true, Nov.29 can be thrown out the window.

Personally, I could care less if BH appears on the record.? Fine if he does, fine if he doesn't.? Nov.29 is every bit as useless as anything else we've ever heard anyway, no reason to read too much into Brains comments unless something was/is concrete, which it's not....by any means.

I realize stripping and replacing BH's parts could make release even more difficult but I also realize it's release is/was by no means eminent.?

Expectations can't be unfullfilled if nothings expected anyway, for now at least.?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2005, 07:39:52 PM »

I just wish Buckethead could have stuck it out, at least for another year. Maybe Axl could have finally finished it. I wonder when all these gag orders expire? It would be interesting to find out from BH what happened to cause him to leave.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2005, 08:00:06 PM »

It would be interesting to find out from BH what happened to cause him to leave.

It would nice to hear the "why's" about everything but I suspect we never will, it would be a "he said/he said" situation anyway.

An educated guess would be his lack of desire to play within a group dynamic, no plan for a release and subsequent tour and a general disinterest in the project as a whole.

I mean let's face it, GNR was a side project for BH, he's a solo artist first and foremost.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2005, 08:33:29 PM »

I have a question: If Buckethead's parts are not going to be on CD, would this make his gag order null and void? This could be the reason we get no real info from anybody about whether he's on it or not. Buckethead could literally "spill the beans".

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2005, 08:49:43 PM »

I have a question: If Buckethead's parts are not going to be on CD, would this make his gag order null and void? This could be the reason we get no real info from anybody about whether he's on it or not. Buckethead could literally "spill the beans".

It's not going to happen. It's hard enough to get Buckethead to speak out about himself and his projects , let alone instigate some kinda pissing war with Axl Rose.

It seems to me that Buckethead has removed himself from the GNR situation entirely , he doesnt/wont mention it , not in the press (which he really seldom does anyways) , not on his website (his own forum still wont allow GNR discussion) and not on his own media releases IE: the secret recipe DVD has no GNR footage or any mention , no matter how brief , that Buckethead was ever a member of GNR .. and the DVD covers everything else he ever did.

I think Buckethead will go forth as if he never was a part of GNR , I support him if he does but I still hope his parts remain and by some strange occurance he is coaxed back into the band.

I'm pretty sure if he was in the band and toured with them behind "democracy" and did the videos with them Buckethead would be a MAJOR star within months.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2005, 09:16:37 PM »

I think Buckethead will go forth as if he never was a part of GNR..

Yep, me too. 

I'm guessing he'll never acknowledge his presence in the band and move forward with his many other musical endeavors.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

badapple81
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2005, 09:28:06 PM »

Do you expect the music he recorded for the album to stay on the album? Most of us worry
that we will never hear what he recorded for the album.

Brain - So do I.

Sounds more to me like Brain doesn't really know. So don't take too much from that. Either way, it's been a while since BH left, who knows what work has been done.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2005, 09:42:08 PM »

Honestly guys, I dont care what Brain has to say about Axl's Band... or his life.

@;----,------,---------
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2005, 09:43:43 PM »

Honestly guys, I dont care what Brain has to say about Axl's Band... or his life.

@;----,------,---------

your point being? This is a GNR board and Brain is the current drummer for GNR , think for a second that others probably are interested in Brains comments.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2005, 09:51:33 PM »

Saul, I agree. Buckethead could've been a huge star. He's the coolest character the music world has seen in a long time. He would have caught the world's eyes immediately. He's the coolest character the world has seen since..(drumroll please)..Slash.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2005, 10:00:45 PM »

He's the coolest character the music world has seen in a long time...

Not sure if "cool" is the right term for BH..

You definitely hit the "character" bit on the money though, he's carved a unique niche.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2005, 10:11:11 PM »

Falcon, the first reaction to Buckethead was basically identical as people's first reactions to Slash. When you seen either one the first time, people were like, "WHO the fuck is this guy!" Slash with his long black hair, tophat, and cigarette dangling from his mouth, people wondering at what point does the hair catch on fire. He was a true original. Same can be said for Buckethead. You see that guy, mask and KFC bucket, and you cant stop watching in fascination. BH could've done so much for GNR. He's the only "hired gun" who could have taken some of the focus off of Axl. Big, big mistake in letting him leave. Another mistake with BH departure is when(if) CD is released, everyone will wonder if the album would have been even better if BH had been on it. This will forever tarnish the album's legacy. Just wait and see.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: