Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:57:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  The GN'R song thread
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN'R song thread  (Read 62858 times)
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 02:14:55 PM »

yeah good idea - the gnr song request thread

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2005, 11:36:37 AM »

or post link 2 reliable tabsx

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
slashnduffrock
Opening Act

Here Today...Gone To The Recording Studio

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 08:07:06 PM »

hi i'm knew and not basicly nothing about the guitar sept how to read tabs. I might be getting an epiphone les paul though so i'll teach me self off that.
                                           beer cheers  peace
                                             :smoking:Black Out smoking

This Fire's Burnin' And It's Outta' Control It's Not A Problem You Can Stop It's Rock N Roll!
clarkwork0
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 10:42:11 AM »

I have a question about the Knockin on Heaven's door amp settings.  It says that it is set with Chorus, but I have always played with a bunch of Reverb, I just don't hear any Chorus on there, does any one else have any different settings for this?
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2005, 02:18:25 PM »

The clean guitars have chorus.. The distorted ones don't.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2007, 03:33:12 PM »

ok,so,i have

1 - a kustom 40 watt amp

2 - a slash signature cry baby wah

3 - a epi LP custom

and im tryin to get slashs sound for the solos in november rain and also SCOM intro.

any tips on what settings i should have on the amp and the pedal and the tone and vol on the guitar  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
dooey
Opening Act

I Needed Some Peice Of Mind

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2007, 03:54:04 PM »

Can someone please post the tab for, Mama Kin  Wink
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 09:00:40 AM »

Any tips for WTTJ? haha i can play Patience, Dont Cry, MrB, SCOM but i cant get wttj down and its supposed to be an easy tune to play....WTF

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2007, 01:28:10 PM »

ok,so,i have

1 - a kustom 40 watt amp

2 - a slash signature cry baby wah

3 - a epi LP custom

and im tryin to get slashs sound for the solos in november rain and also SCOM intro.

any tips on what settings i should have on the amp and the pedal and the tone and vol on the guitar? ok

OK Sweet Child O' Mine

Rhythm pickup - both tone controls rolled back to 0.

Unlike a lot of rock guitarists, Slash used rhythm pickup quite a lot for leads - check out some videos of Slash playing whatever song you want to learn so you can find out the position of the pickup switch - essential for the tone.
The most obvious addition you could make would be an EQ pedal, especially for Sweet Child. Slash used it to cut through the mix but it does help a lot to get good tone- i'm still figuring out how to use it and how boosting certain frequencies changes the sound.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2007, 01:29:32 PM »

Oh get a chorus effect for any clean sounds, especially in Paradise City, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Don't Cry and Live And Let Die. A GnR trademark.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2007, 02:02:36 PM »

Just a couple of other things that you can put in this thread from Slash's fansite.

http://www.snakepit.org/answers.html

"The pickups I use are "Seymour Duncan" Anico II's not stock Les Pauls! Trust me, I have them in almost all my Les Pauls except for my vintage Pauls which I keep stock. I use the Alnico IIs because I really like them".

"I use 11-46 ernie ball strings"

"The 'distortion' on the beginning of 'Sweet Child O' Mine' is just a Les Paul with the rhythm pickup at full - through a 100 watt Marshall, and that's it. 'Estranged' is the same except the tone on the Les Paul is turned down to taste".

"I use a Boss EQ for a boost during solos in live situations and my guitar's volume knob to control certain subtitles. Also, I have a Boss delay for solos as well. Plus I switch between two Marshall heads, one for dirty and one for clean".

"The effect I use on 'Rocket Queen' live is called a voicebox. The guitar sound travels through the amp, then into the voicebox, then through a rubber tube into my mouth and is picked up by a vocal microphone, then the sound comes out direct via the PA.

"I cheated with the banjo (on Breakdown) and tuned it like a guitar to make it sound like I really knew what I was doing in one take"

No effects (on Knockin' On Heaven's Door), just a Les Paul and a 1958 Gibson Flying V through a Marshall and a little delay."

I always assumed it was chorus and I read on a guitar magazine it was chorus effect but maybe not?

"On "Don't Damn Me" I used my Les Paul's rhythm pickup for the solos and on "Locomotive" I used a Gibson Explorer (1958)".

"I would come for a reunion of GNR if it were the original band".?

Ok the last part was nothing to do with thread but I thought it was interesting how he was thinking 7 years ago.

Some more from http://www.snakepit.org/equip.html

"For dirty tone, the SLASH recommended settings are: Presence: 7, Bass: 7, Mid: 4.5, Treble: 7, Output Master: 6, Lead Master: 10, Input Gain: 6.5.  The SLASH Marshall should be tuned this way for the clean tone (SLASH recommendations): Presence: 0, Bass: 9, Mid: 3, Treble: 5 1/2, Output Master: 10, Lead Master: 0, Input Gain: 4. "

SLASH uses some effects when playing live. On stage he uses a M.X.R.10 Band E.Q for lead boost and feedback enhancement. When you see SLASH using the Wah-Wah pedal, he is using a Dunlop Rackmount Wah Wah system. He also uses a Heil Talkbox, and Boss DD-3 Digital Delay. SLASH also uses the DBX compressor and Yamaha SPX 900 for clean sound processing. He favors the Nady 950-GT Wireless System. All signals go through the Bob Bradshaw Custom Splitter System.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 02:10:44 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2007, 02:11:54 PM »

the 1st G'N'R songs l learned to play were

Knocking On Heavens Door and Patience , now l can play

Knocking On Heavens Door
Patience
Dead Flowers
Used To Love Her